Durability vs ... Marvel Bricks

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sin I AM
This is a durability thread to see how these bricks stack up against each other. healing factors should not be used to assess durability.

Which of these is most durable? from best to least? This is based on blunt force trauma.

Hulk
Hercules (immortal)
Colossus
Rhino
Thing
Luke Cage
Namor
Thor (current)
Abomination
Sasquatch (no God)
Ares
Wonderman (classic)
Beta Ray Bill
She Hulk
Ms Marvel
Blob

????????????????

KingD19
Thor (current)
BRB
Namor
Hercules
Colossus
Hulk
Wonderman
Ms Marvel
She Hulk
Abomination
Thing
Rhino
Sasquatch
Ares
Luke Cage
Blob

nimbus006
In my opinion... against purely physical attacks

1. Hulk (I've never seen anyone take more physical punishment and keep fighting)
2. Thor (current)
T3. BRB
T3. Hercules (Immortal)
5. Colossus
T6. Namor
T6. Sasquatch
T6. Thing
T.9 Wonderman
T.9 She Hulk
T.9 Ms. Marvel
12. Ares
13. Luke Cage
14. Blob
15. Rhino

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by nimbus006
In my opinion... against purely physical attacks

1. Hulk (I've never seen anyone take more physical punishment and keep fighting)

It says no healing factors etc. Hulk isn't invulnerable anymore, just has an incredible healing factor.

A punch from the Thing to WWH's face made his nose bleed etc. if I recall.

Thor has taken attacks from a Celestial, Kurse, Odin, an explosion capable of destroying a planet etc. and suffered less damage.

Current Thor just took multiple blasts from the Destroyer and had no visible physical damage.

You should read more Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Namor
Hercules
Colossus
Hulk
Wonder Man
She-Hulk
Abomination
Thing
Sasquatch
Ares
Ms. Marvel
Rhino
Blob
Luke Cage

Serious Impact
Thor (current)
Beta Ray Bill
Colossus
Hercules
Hulk (He'd be higher up with his healing factor)
Abomination
Thing
Rhino
Sasquatch
Namor
Ms Marvel
She Hulk
Wonderman (While she's taken some serious hits, she still needs her bracers to stop bullets)
Ares
Luke Cage
Blob

Tough call on some of them, since they obviously have high durability, but not necessarily the feats to back them up. This is, of course, my humble opinion.

Sin I AM
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Hercules
Hulk
Wonderman
Colossus
Abomination
Sasquatch
Thing
Rhino
Namor
Ms Marvel
Ares
She Hulk
Blob
Luke Cage

snoopdogg
I think Blob is being underestimated.

Sin I AM
hmmm maybe your right, where you think he should be? im thinking about moving him between rhino and thing

snoopdogg
If this is blunt force trauma he's pretty tough and should be towards the top. He's designed to absorb impact with his body because of his fat.

DeathKap
Thor
Beta Ray Bill
Hercules
Hulk
Wonderman
Colossus
Namor
Abomination
Sasquatch
Thing
Rhino
Blob
Ms Marvel
Ares
She Hulk
Luke Cage

Naija boy
thor
BRB
Hulk
HErcules

couldnt care less about the rest

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
This is a durability thread to see how these bricks stack up against each other. healing factors should not be used to assess durability.

Which of these is most durable? from best to least? This is based on blunt force trauma.

This is my best guess. I ranked Colossus so high because I dig someone not getting a scratch from Wolverine.
Hulk did receive a slight sparking type scratch, not the same.

Colossus
Thor (current)
Hercules (immortal)
Hulk
Beta Ray Bill
Namor
Abomination
Luke Cage
Thing
She Hulk
Rhino
Sasquatch (no God)

I don't know about these
Wonderman (maybe above Thor)?
Ares?
Blob?
Ms Marvel?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by h1a8
This is my best guess. I ranked Colossus so high because I dig someone not getting a scratch from Wolverine.
Hulk did receive a slight sparking type scratch, not the same.

Colossus
Thor (current)
Hercules (immortal)
Hulk
Beta Ray Bill
Namor
Abomination
Luke Cage
Thing
She Hulk
Rhino
Sasquatch (no God)

I don't know about these
Wonderman (maybe above Thor)?
Ares?
Blob?
Ms Marvel?

Read the first post. She said this is based on blunt force trauma. Thor easily destroys Colossus durability wise in that category, so does Hercules, Beta Ray Bill etc.

Thor destroys Colossus in basically every way physically. Including durability wise.

When has Colossus ever taken Wolverine's claws without any damage?

KingD19
Wolverine clawed at him in 616 and it scoured his chest, but didn't damage him
And in Ultimates he took a full on claw strike after punching Logan in the face, it made sparks, but that's it. And the only reason he was cut was much later, and because he'd overdosed on Banshee, and it was affecting his health.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by KingD19
Wolverine clawed at him in 616 and it scoured his chest, but didn't damage him
And the only reason he was cut was much later, and because he'd overdosed on Banshee, and it was affecting his health.

How were you able to come to that conclusion? I thought it was just shitty writing.

Rage.Of.Olympus
When did he not get damaged during 616?

Issue number, scan?

kgkg
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Hulk isn't invulnerable anymore, just has an incredible healing factor. He was never invulnerable

KingD19
I don't know it, but it's in his respect thread. Ask Snoopdogg if you can't find it. And that's what happened Goku. I don't know if you're talking about 616 or Ultimates though.

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by KingD19
I don't know it, but it's in his respect thread. Ask Snoopdogg if you can't find it. And that's what happened Goku. I don't know if you're talking about 616 or Ultimates though.

Ultimate.

snoopdogg
When did he not get damaged during 616?

Issue number, scan? http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Colossus%20durablity/ColossustakingWolverinedown.jpg

According to Cyclops on the previous page Logan was in a berzerker mode.

KingD19
In Ultimates Wolverine went crazy on Pete, and he opened a hole in his chest and cut his heart out, Colossus was unhurt, then he ripped Logans leg off, and probably would have beat him with it. But that was only after he'd been on Banshee so long that it was effecting him in a very negative way.

Serious Impact
Originally posted by Serious Impact
Wonderman (While she's taken some serious hits, she still needs her bracers to stop bullets)

LoL, I wrote my answer too quickly. I just realized that this is WonderMAN and not Wonder WOMAN. Woops, I'd probably put him a bit higher up on the chart than I did.

KingD19
Wonderman took a hit in the face from Sentry, who was seriously pissed and didn't really care who got in his way.

snoopdogg
Wonderman didn't look too good against Hercules recently. Well his face anyways.

Sin I AM
this is classic wonderman

h1a8
Read the first post. She said this is based on blunt force trauma. Thor easily destroys Colossus durability wise in that category, so does Hercules, Beta Ray Bill etc.

Thor destroys Colossus in basically every way physically. Including durability wise.

When has Colossus ever taken Wolverine's claws without any damage?

Colossus went toe to toe with Gladiator for a long time.
Thor got koed after a few hits.

What makes you think that Thor can take punches better than Colossus?
Thor's body welts up when hit with very high calibur bullets, Colossus's don't.

Sin I AM
because thor has fought beings that dish out more damage than glads, plus their last battle he stomped glads

nimbus006
It says no healing factors etc. Hulk isn't invulnerable anymore, just has an incredible healing factor.

A punch from the Thing to WWH's face made his nose bleed etc. if I recall.

Thor has taken attacks from a Celestial, Kurse, Odin, an explosion capable of destroying a planet etc. and suffered less damage.

Current Thor just took multiple blasts from the Destroyer and had no visible physical damage.

You should read more Thor.

Missed the healing factor statement, my fault.

However, it also says these are purely physical "blunt force attacks" so I'm not sure how much weight all those examples of Thor taking blasts actually count. Regardless, he's still # 1.

Revised:

1. Thor (current)
2. BRB
T3. Hercules (Immortal)
T3. Colossus
5. Hulk
T6. Namor
T6. Sasquatch
T6. Thing
T.9 Wonderman
T.9 She Hulk
T.9 Ms. Marvel
12. Ares
13. Luke Cage
14. Blob
15. Rhino

Kris Blaze
Blob doesn't feel pain, he should be higher up imo.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Blob doesn't feel pain, he should be higher up imo.

I don't disagree with that at all. Just wasn't exactly sure where to put him.

1. Thor (current)
2. BRB
T3. Hercules (Immortal)
T3. Colossus
5. Hulk
T6. Namor
T6. Sasquatch
T6. Thing
9. Blob
T.10 Wonderman
T.10 She Hulk
T.10 Ms. Marvel
13. Ares
14. Luke Cage
15. Rhino

Maybe even above guys like Namor and Thing, huh?

The Nuul
Whats the strength/power behind the blunt force based attack?

Like, Cage wont get hurt by Captain America hitting him in the head with his shield but if Hulk did it than sure.

nimbus006
Originally posted by The Nuul
Whats the strength/power behind the blunt force based attack?

Like, Cage wont get hurt by Captain America hitting him in the head with his shield but if Hulk did it than sure.

I'm assuming it's the strongest possible blunt force attack.

The Nuul
So like a sundipped Superman hitting these guys with a AD baseball bat?

Because a lot of these guys would get one shotted or splattered into goo.

Sin I AM
that's a little extreme just say someone like superman at normal levels attempting to one shot them. who would be able to withstand the blow with the least amount of damage

Serious Impact
I wanted to rewrite my list, based on the recent update (^above^) and a little more thought put into it.

A hit from Superman to the face:

Thor (current)
Beta Ray Bill
Colossus
Hercules
Hulk (He'd be higher up with his healing factor)
Wonderman
Abomination
Thing
Rhino
Namor
Sasquatch
Ares
Ms Marvel (As Binary, I'd list her higher on the list)
She Hulk
Luke Cage
Blob

A hit from Superman to the body:

The same as above, except the Blob would go to the top, because he'd just absorb the hit.

The Nuul
that's a little extreme just say someone like superman at normal levels attempting to one shot them. who would be able to withstand the blow with the least amount of damage

Thats my point, there should be a limit or at least a scale to the strength of force behind the attack.... big grin

h1a8
because thor has fought beings that dish out more damage than glads, plus their last battle he stomped glads

Not in physical blunt force damage he hasn't.
Thor is a god of thunder (a form of energy). Energy flows through him. That is why he is highly resistant against energy based attacks.

And he stomped glads because Glads let up. Glads could have easily killed Thor.

D_Dude1210
Not in physical blunt force damage he hasn't.
Thor is a god of thunder (a form of energy). Energy flows through him. That is why he is highly resistant against energy based attacks.

And he stomped glads because Glads let up. Glads could have easily killed Thor.

Up to your old tricks, eh?

h1a8
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Up to your old tricks, eh? shifty

EvilTyrant
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Up to your old tricks, eh?

Didn't Thor have help in the comic against Gladiator, Gladiator had him dead to rights.

The Nuul
Yeah, Thor Girl help because Glads BFR his hammer.

D_Dude1210
shifty

I'm wise to youz!!!

nwg202
does sasquatch heal quickly? How can colossus keep fighting after his heart is ripped out? is this new power? is he practically immortal?

I've always thought of wonderman and colossus as team battering rams. You blow em up, ram em through, use them as sheilds, all for the team. Can herc take more damage than them?

Thor
brb
colossus, wonderman and herc> have no idea...
abomination
blob, thing, sas?
namor, she hulk, rhino, sas?
ares
cage
warbird

Mekrob
Sassy obviously wins, amirite KP?

-K-M-
Originally posted by Mekrob
Sassy obviously wins, amirite KP?

I'm not KP, but ****ing A he does cool

Originally posted by nwg202
does sasquatch heal quickly?

Yeah*

1. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-31.jpg
2. http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-32.jpg

*That was an alternate reality Vision attacking 616 Sasquatch

Mekrob
Rightio KP.

-K-M-
Aye aye captain

Mekrob
Originally posted by -K-M-
Aye aye captain *Bang*

-K-M-
*Bang*

This properly has turned out to be the most shittiest christmas ever erm

Mekrob
Huh? I was only quoting from your scans (surprising I know... someone clicked them).

But did you get another anal plug?

-K-M-
Huh? I was only quoting from your scans (surprising I know... someone clicked them).

But did you get another anal plug?

.....Lair! my precious scans don't say that

Yeah, grandma Mungi was on the ball this year

Mekrob
.....Lair! my precious scans don't say that

Yeah, grandma Mungi was on the ball this year Last panel foot homo:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-31.jpg

Meh, I like beads better. Butt plugs seem so intrusive.

-K-M-
Last panel foot homo:
http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f130/A_Flight7/AlphaFlight75-31.jpg

Meh, I like beads better. Butt plugs seem so intrusive.

Nope, scans or it didn't happen

Generally I use dental floss and jaw breakers

Mekrob
Nope, scans or it didn't happen

Generally I use dental floss and jaw breakers u got me

Meh, too much work unless you get the ridged jawbreakers.

Either way, you use a dental dam and a banana and oh boy. Zorgasmic

Rage.Of.Olympus
Colossus went toe to toe with Gladiator for a long time.
Thor got koed after a few hits.

For a long time?

You mean that one page, where Colossus didn't phase Gladiator with his attack, and they went back and forth for like 3 panels, and Gladiator came out from the rubble, with a torn costume?

It was a future Gladiator and Gladiator knocked Mjolnir from Thor's grasp (Doesn't that go against the enchantment first of all?), and he went on to punch Thor, and Thor was sent flying as seen, and seeing as how Thor mainly relies for Mjolnir on flight, he was sent through the air, and he landed on a truck as he reverted to Donald Blake who was knocked out from the impact.

From what I recall, all he did was send Thor flying, and Thor reverted to Donald Blake (For some reason he didn't call for Mjolnir back etc. which Thor obviously always does, so that's stupid.). The moment the knocked out Donald Blake, touched the hammer, he transformed into Thor completely unharmed.

Also using Gladiator as a comparison is faulty as the character tends to fluctuate greatly. He can go from fighting Colossus to crushing planets.

Don't use him as a comparison.

What makes you think that Thor can take punches better than Colossus?

Are you joking me?

Anyone who reads Thor knows he can take damage much better than Colossus.

Thor has been repeatedly pounded on by the likes of Hulk multiple times, and the worst the Hulk has ever been able to damage Thor, ever, is a bloody lip and a small bruise. He has stalemated the brute for entire hours, despite his ever increasing strength and has come out unharmed.

He has been pounded on by the mindless Hulk without so much a scratch, and didn't even budge (We saw how well Colossus does against another powerful Hulk such as WWH.). He has been pounded by the likes of Beta Ray Bill, Drax, Silver Surfer and has come out without so much as bruise.

He has been pounded on by the Destroyer and has come back up with nothing more than a bruise. He has been pounded on the likes of Surtur, and other powerful cosmic beings. He has been hit by the likes of the TOAA Celestial and come up unharmed. He has had the weights of entire planetoids pushed on him and has come out unharmed. He has resisted the power of a Neuron Star.

Thor has taken attacks from Zeus for months and survived looking better than Colossus did against WWH, he has survived in the core of the Sun without so much as a tan, he has taken planet destroying level explosions and hasn't had so much as a bloody lip.

How anyone can think Colossus can take more damage than Thor is beyond me.

Just because he is organic steel through and through and doesn't bleed in the normal sense, doesn't mean he can take more damage than Thor.

Thor's body welts up when hit with very high calibur bullets, Colossus's don't.

Looking back, Thor said it leaves small troublesome welts on Asgardian skin.

Thor > Almost all other Asgardians.

He was taking those bullets from a fighter plane to the face, without so much as flinching or acting as if he felt it. Nor, did it show any sign of welts on his skin.

The fact that in the same panel he takes a direct giant heat seeking missile from the fighter plane to the face, without so much as flinching backs the fact that he is referring to Asgardian's and not himself when he said the "troublesome welts" part.

Either way, just because back in the day, he used Mjolnir to deflect bullets, it doesn't mean he can't take them.

Thor has taken armor piercing weapons, etc. to the face and chest, without so much as flinching in the past.

If a bullet can penetrate Thor, it's PIS and either way, it doesn't matter as Thor has shown enough in the penetration department to say that it's PIS. Recently, which significantly weakened, he has taken a slash to the chest from the Stormbreaker Cosmic Axe, without so much as a scratch.

One or two showings of him being bothered with something doesn't balance out the fact that Thor has much greater durability feats than Colossus.

Either way, I thought this was purely durability against damage and not piercing attacks.

Thor > Colossus by a margin.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by kgkg
He was never invulnerable

Not truly invulnerable, but near invulnerable. You know what I mean. It's was stated back in the day, that he was invulnerable, and bullets bounced off of him etc.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.