Kratos & Dante vs Sephiroth & Cloud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
Topic.

Burning thought
Team 1 stomps horribly

Gumachi
Dante kills Cloud. Then it's Dante & Kratos vs Seph, I think they would take him down.

ScreamPaste
.. WTF, lol. This thread is almost exactly like the other one with Kain and Dante vs Link and Sephiroth except now Sephiroth's stuck with Cloud and his team has no hope.

Team 1 destroys them.

Gumachi
A better partner?

Burning thought
Kain

Voyeur
Clould can go into pure energy (life stream) and phase through everyone, raping their souls with Omnislash V.0.5

:]

he clearly PHASES through everyone, I mean, you can't touch him, its ultimate win guys.

Gumachi
He can't move if he's stoned or if Kratos rips his meleon off. Besides, Omnislash=nonething to Dante lol.

Gumachi
Originally posted by Burning thought
Kain

Well, it's too late now.

Burning thought
I was joking, tbh I dont think I can think of a character atm who would have been a good substute anyway.

ScreamPaste
Lol, Ganon would have been good.

Phanteros
Bump

Ultimate Wil
Cloud ruins the thread, a better battle is Sephiroth and anyone better than Cloud vs Kratos and Dante

First_Tsurugi06
Cloud's a hindrance more than a useful asset to probably any of these three. I'm actually surprised you didn't keep with the current trend and go with Ganon/Pyron/Composite Link

Ultimate Wil
Sephiroth can't deal with both Kratos an Dante at once, Cloud dies too quickly.

danteiscool
Dante and Kratos pwn team 2. badly.

Frikcha
this is a toughie... i'll do ranks
speed/agility: 1.dante 2. sephiroth 3. cloud 4. kratos

strength: 1.cloud 2.kratos/dante 3. sephiroth

defense: 1.dante/kratos 2. cloud 3. sephiroth

skill: 1.dante/sephiroth 2. cloud 3. kratos

determination: 1.cloud 2. kratos 3. dante 4. sephiroth

heres who would beat one another-
cloud would beat sephiroth
sephiroth would beat kratos
kratos would tie with cloud
dante would beat cloud and kratos and tie with sephiroth.

so i personally think dante and kratos would win only becuase of dante. but it'd probably be a tie...
i did this hurridly so it's half-assed

BloodRawEngine
^Kratos is stronger physically than every other character here, possibly combined in his prime. By God of War III, the 1600 foot titan king wasn't strong enough to squash Kratos in between his hands, not counting how he was able to toss a roughly 300 foot Colossus of Rhodes on its ass a game earlier. Cloud's the WEAKEST in terms of physical strength if anything. In addition, Kratos' skill comes from training from the literal God of War, who he fought on even terms in that regard (greater in fact) when the playing field was leveled in terms of power. CLoud only ever beat Sephiroth at all based on luck more than outright outfighting him (in fact, he never could, Advent Children had Sephiroth taken by surprise).

Cloud is the weakest link here, and either character at max between Dante and Kratos could singlehandedly take the other team if they were at their maximum levels.

Frikcha
i'm sorry about the last post, i was in a hurry and i stuffed it up. But dante is the overall strongest here, his speed and agility is insane and he is just as good a fighter as kratos. in his devil form dante would dominate all of the other fighters becuase devil dante is essentially invincible and much faster than normal. also dante, so far has never really sustained injuries becuase of his healing. also dantes guns give him much more of an advantage.

please disregard my previous post.

BloodRawEngine
Again, no Dante is not strongest physically. The most he's ever done is with augmentations in equipment in ways that someone like Kratos shows to do naturally. And if you're gonna argue Dante's devil trigger, then you should account Kratos's Rage of the Gods/Titans/Sparta, all forms in which he becomes virtually invincible in addition to other specific enhancements. No one in Devil May Cry or Final Fantasy VII had ever shown to be able to decimate an entire army by varyingly gruesome means with a single gesture ala Ares, who not only wasn't even the most powerful God, but who Kratos, as the God of War in his place, was stated to be more powerful and ruthless than.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Frikcha
this is a toughie... i'll do ranks
speed/agility: 1.dante 2. sephiroth 3. cloud 4. kratos

strength: 1.cloud 2.kratos/dante 3. sephiroth

defense: 1.dante/kratos 2. cloud 3. sephiroth

skill: 1.dante/sephiroth 2. cloud 3. kratos

determination: 1.cloud 2. kratos 3. dante 4. sephiroth

heres who would beat one another-
cloud would beat sephiroth
sephiroth would beat kratos
kratos would tie with cloud
dante would beat cloud and kratos and tie with sephiroth.

so i personally think dante and kratos would win only becuase of dante. but it'd probably be a tie...
i did this hurridly so it's half-assed

How the **** does Cloud rank above Dante or Kratos in strength, but Sephiroth below? Given Sephiroth was capable of bitchslapping Cloud and was stronger than him in AC

And no, that's been done to death across the internets, Dante doesn't have the strength feats to remotely stack up to Kratos there

Speed, yeah already told you about how Kratos can deflect lightning, and he's far superior to Athena was can run from the top of Olympus to the bottom or something.

DT forms are unquantifiable and invincibility is a massive NLF

Dante's never been hit by a being remotely as strong as Kratos nor by a weapon more powerful than the DMCverse combined, so his regen is irrelevant

BloodRain
Wouldn't say unquantifiable to that degree.

But yeah Cloud be stronger than both Dante and Kratos, and above his superior, Seph too..

Frikcha
Originally posted by BloodRain
Wouldn't say unquantifiable to that degree.

But yeah Cloud be stronger than both Dante and Kratos, and above his superior, Seph too..

i think cloud is stronger because of his effortless use of the buster sword like it's nothing. also his materia and mako powers make him insanely powerful. dante is definitely the toughest though because he has a healing factor and could easily dispatch any of the three with ease. also i don't realise if you guys have read the topic but we aren't debating who's the best.

NemeBro
Kratos is the strongest, most durable, and most determined young man here.

BloodRawEngine
i think cloud is stronger because of his effortless use of the buster sword like it's nothing. also his materia and mako powers make him insanely powerful. dante is definitely the toughest though because he has a healing factor and could easily dispatch any of the three with ease. also i don't realise if you guys have read the topic but we aren't debating who's the best. \

Now you're just proving you've never even played God of War, because not only does Kratos do more than that physically on a casual level, but he more than enough wields weapons just as large with just as much efficiency as the Buster Sword, and that's literally the farthest Cloud's strength is ever shown to get in that regard.

BloodRain
i think cloud is stronger because of his effortless use of the buster sword like it's nothing. also his materia and mako powers make him insanely powerful. dante is definitely the toughest though because he has a healing factor and could easily dispatch any of the three with ease. also i don't realise if you guys have read the topic but we aren't debating who's the best. Props for the magic, doesn't make him physically stronger. Heck swinging the blade around isn't even his best strength feat.

StealthRanger
Far from his best strength feat actually

Jmanghan
This thread deserves more. Necro'ing.

Angelalex242
FF7 is only in the continent to mutlcontinent range.

Not gonna be enough.

StealthRanger
Why wouldn't that be enough?

Well, it'd blow DMC out of the water at least

BloodRain
Kratos can take multicontinental force now?

StealthRanger
Well not too sure about that, though you may be able to get a fairly interesting result out of him holding up the planet's crust or w/e

Maybe

BloodRain
Kratos didn't hold up the crust.

Sacred 117
Originally posted by Angelalex242
FF7 is only in the continent to mutlcontinent range.

Not gonna be enough.

Why not? It's not like their opposition is that high; let alone higher. Though, I may be forgetting some shit about all of them.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Well not too sure about that, though you may be able to get a fairly interesting result out of him holding up the planet's crust or w/e

Maybe

Kratos never held up the Earth. He fought Hercules, who was the one who did it.

BloodRain
Hercules didn't hold up the crust either.

Demonic Phoenix
He held up what Atlas held up, which in GoW-verse, is the Earth.

BloodRain
When did this happen? Novels?

Demonic Phoenix
His 12 Labours are referenced in the game.

BloodRain
The 11th labour is to collect the apples. He didn't need Atlas for it like Herc in myth did. Besides, Atlas couldn't have stopped his duties to go pick apples if he wanted to.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by BloodRain
The 11th labour is to collect the apples. He didn't need Atlas for it like Herc in myth did. Besides, Atlas couldn't have stopped his duties to go pick apples if he wanted to.
Myths are unchanged in the GoW verse unless specifically noted (it's also why GoW gods are/were not allowed as VS characters here on KMC). So I'm sorry, but your opinion doesn't debunk anything.

BloodRain
Unless specifically noted? Like Atlas being chained to position unlike the myth? That isn't noteworthy for this feat?

So no, Herc did not take his position as he could not. This is forgetting the height difference or the ridiculous idea that GoW's Atalas would do the grocery shopping and come back without going ahead with all of his revenge plots.

NemeBro
Atlas is chained to the world. He couldn't leave to let Hercules take his place. For that matter, how would Hercules have accomplished this feat? He is nowhere near the size of Atlas; even the gods are far smaller than the four-armed Titan. Strength alone could not accomplish this feat.

The Labors may have occurred, but given these truths we can't assume that he picked the Golden Apples by bearing Atlas' burden, like he did in the myth.

TheGoldenSpy
Kratos overpowered hades in a tug of war, and hades was strong enough to bring atlas down to his knees.

Also, yes kratos should be able to take continental power, since He phsycially beat Poseidon to death, and Poseidon held enough energy in his body to control enough water to flood the planet up to nearly the top of mount olympus, that's easily in the teraton range.

dika123
:hmm so we must wait gow 3 novel ....

StealthRanger
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Kratos never held up the Earth. He fought Hercules, who was the one who did it.

Kinda what I meant to say, my mistake

CosmicComet
Originally posted by TheGoldenSpy
Kratos overpowered hades in a tug of war, and hades was strong enough to bring atlas down to his knees.

Also, yes kratos should be able to take continental power, since He phycially beat Poseidon to death, and Poseidon held enough energy in his body to control enough water to flood the planet up to nearly the top of mount olympus, that's easily in the teraton range.

Another example.

Atlas was durable enough to tank the destruction of the world pillar, point blank, in the center.

The pillar is durable enough to hold up the Gow Earth despite it not being much wider than Atlas, meaning the pressure its taking is immense, compared to if it was much larger.

Atlas was not durable enough to tank Poseidon's lightning however, whereas Kratos tanked Zeus'. So the Gods' have great output, and Kratos can tank the best of the Gods'. Helios' was outright said to be able to destroy the world too in Chains of Olympus.

There's also Uranus, he was the primordial in the intro of Ascension whose body all of Space came from(it was confirmed that its Uranus in the God of War Ascension artbook). Uranus just like in the myth, is the father of Cronos. Cronos overthrew and killed Uranus; https://godofwar.playstation.com/en-us/timeline/

, starting the cycle.

dika123
cronos kill uranus ?? how ?? i mean uranus is universal god , how cronos can kill uranus ??

stargun
If the scenes shown in the intro of Ascension were supposed to be a literal depiction of events this would mean that stars in the GoW universe are nowhere near the size of real life ones (they'd be much smaller than mountains in fact), and consequently that the universe in GoW isn't the same size as in real life either, which Occam's razor would have us assume it to be otherwise.

Going by the God of War world's parameters being ''universal'' should be just a few notches above planet level, again if the fight scenes between the primordials shown in the intro can be taken at face value.

dika123
Originally posted by stargun
If the scenes shown in the intro of Ascension were supposed to be a literal depiction of events this would mean that stars in the GoW universe are nowhere near the size of real life ones (they'd be much smaller than mountains in fact), and consequently that the universe in GoW isn't the same size as in real life either, which Occam's razor would have us assume it to be otherwise.

Going by the God of War world's parameters being ''universal'' should be just a few notches above planet level, again if the fight scenes between the primordials shown in the intro can be taken at face value.

ehh..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Go3_vk1Q_8

One of the Primordials that was seen in the intro of Ascension had shining flocks on his skin and was wearing a helmet, too. After he was punched, stars flew in the atmosphere.
can you explain how that stars in that scene are much smaller than mountains ? :hmm and also you probably want to check this picture http://oyster.ignimgs.com/mediawiki/apis.ign.com/god-of-war-4/4/43/GoW-0943.jpg . i don't think stars in that scene are much smaller than mountain :hmm

stargun
Because we can still clearly see those two right after the stars were released and were coming towards the camera, and the light coming out of Uranos' body was still visible even when that nebula thingy could be be seen entirely. Later in the video we were shown that the Primordials are not actually astronomical multi-light year in size, but only somewhat taller than mountains.

And that painting couldn't have been depicting the God of War world at all given what we know about it. The Earth in GoW is flat and held by a pillar located in Ades' realm, and the Sun in it is basically a shining temple powered by Helios.

CosmicComet
The Primordials were not shown to scale and was not consistent.

At one point their toe was mountain sized. In another part of the scene they were not much taller than mountain themselves.

While the sun itself is about small mountain sized in God of War, which itself was stated to be planetary level, the stars in the sky are not.

Olympus itself is confirmed via guide + dev statement and feats to be over thousands of miles tall (Kratos fell practically vertically to Rhodes even though its about 400 miles away from the base of Olympus, and Ares descended into a completely different country from Olympus). And the stars in the sky are still visible despite being even farther away.

God of War Earth, despite the claim of have edges, has still been shown to be a spherical shape every time its been shown from space; see God of War Chains of Olympus intro for example. There are other scenes that escape me right now, that suggest the world isn't exactly flat by any means, but seems to have a noticeable curve to its horizon. So it isn't exactly a contradiction, it could just mean that the view of Earth from space gets distorted somehow.

There's also the fact that Atlas was said to be holding up the crust of the Earth, and not the entire earth.

dika123
ehhh.... i think you want to check this video ..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C0CfzwWPuQ in the beginning , narrator of the game said : "on the edge of the aegean, where the great God, HELIOS, banishes nyx from the night sky, an epic battle rages within the great walled ity of troy. this legendary conflict has claimed countless live, leaving nothing but ruin in its wake.

so, what do you think ? :hmm

stargun
Originally posted by CosmicComet
The Primordials were not shown to scale and was not consistent.

At one point their toe was mountain sized. In another part of the scene they were not much taller than mountain themselves.

Going from what should've been hundreds to thousands of light years in size as the ''Big Bang'' scene suggests at first glance to smaller than a planet by any degree (enough so to walk in its surface at least in this case) is a tad too much to be blamed on scale inconsistency. But the Primordials were never shown to dwarf any mountains to that extent (toe size), at most they could casually step on some of them, and of course rock formations exist in various sizes so it's not necessarily an inconsistency that some were comparable to them in height.

While the sun itself is about small mountain sized in God of War, which itself was stated to be planetary level, the stars in the sky are not.

Olympus itself is confirmed via guide + dev statement and feats to be over thousands of miles tall (Kratos fell practically vertically to Rhodes even though its about 400 miles away from the base of Olympus, and Ares descended into a completely different country from Olympus). And the stars in the sky are still visible despite being even farther away.That just means their light source is intense enough to make them visible at that distance. For comparison Alpha Centauri (closest star to our Sun) is over twenty million times its own diameter away from us.

God of War Earth, despite the claim of have edges, has still been shown to be a spherical shape every time its been shown from space; see God of War Chains of Olympus intro for example. There are other scenes that escape me right now, that suggest the world isn't exactly flat by any means, but seems to have a noticeable curve to its horizon. So it isn't exactly a contradiction, it could just mean that the view of Earth from space gets distorted somehow.

There's also the fact that Atlas was said to be holding up the crust of the Earth, and not the entire earth.Eh, I can't really remember of any shots of the GoW Earth from space at all...

Demonic Phoenix
http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/god-of-war-ascension-easter-eggs.jpg

There's that in a GoW game. Whether it's a painting of GoW Earth, or for another IP by SSM, who knows. srug

dika123
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
http://86bb71d19d3bcb79effc-d9e6924a0395cb1b5b9f03b7640d26eb.r91.cf1.rackcdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/03/god-of-war-ascension-easter-eggs.jpg

There's that in a GoW game. Whether it's a painting of GoW Earth, or for another IP by SSM, who knows. srug

should we ask the depelovers ?

TheGoldenSpy
The commercial for chains of olympus also shows a normal earth, and the statue of atlas in gow 1 also shows a spherical earth, so there is no reason to think the planet is any different from ours.

TheGoldenSpy
Originally posted by stargun
And that painting couldn't have been depicting the God of War world at all given what we know about it. The Earth in GoW is flat and held by a pillar located in Ades' realm, and the Sun in it is basically a shining temple powered by Helios.

I dont think so, I seem to recall the normal sun rising and the post credit cutscene in God of war 3 after helios was dead.

And atlas is actually holding up the crust of the earth.

dika123
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcf8cxl9X3E check this

hellboy147
Well, I' m new to this site and cannot post a link yet. Did Kratos really react to that beam attack by Helios or his hands come later? This is before he rips his head off. Anyone wants to clear this?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.