Celestials vs Abraxas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Urban Ninja
The One Above All
Arishem the Judge
Tefral the Surveyor
Eson the Searcher
Jemiah the Analyzer
Gammenon the Gatherer
Hargen the Measurer
Oneg the Prober
Nezarr the Calculator
Ziran the Tester
Ashema the Listener
Exitar the Exterminator
Tiamut the Dreaming Celestial

vs

Abraxas

Can Abraxas take on them all? If not then how many?

Scuzz2.0
Abraxas ftw

GalacticStorm
The Celestials quite easily. Abraxas is another character who has been hyped up to ridiculous proportions and everyone has just swallowed it without bothering to analyse the comics themselves thumb down

Celestials FTW erm

celestialdemon
Abraxas wins.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Abraxas wins.

How? Abraxas' greatest feats are taking out alternate reality Galactus' off panel one by one. Great.

Now how does he take out all of those Celestials in one go? confused

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Urban Ninja
Oneg the Prober

This guy sounds like he has a very painful ability...

quanchi112
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
How? Abraxas' greatest feats are taking out alternate reality Galactus' off panel one by one. Great.

Now how does he take out all of those Celestials in one go? confused The un could take out the Celestials just like it took out Abraxas. Just saying.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by quanchi112
The un could take out the Celestials just like it took out Abraxas. Just saying.

I know. But no one has it in this battle do they?

starlock
Celestials for the win

occultdestroyer
Celestials.

With their combined strength, they are probably stronger than Galactus himself.
Heck, Galactus is afraid of Tiamut alone.

That team has too much raw power imho.

quanchi112
I know. But no one has it in this battle do they? No, but I am just saying that the only thing that took him out would also take out the Celestials.

Galan007
The Celestials quite easily. Abraxas is another character who has been hyped up to ridiculous proportions and everyone has just swallowed it without bothering to analyse the comics themselves thumb down

Celestials FTW erm Not to mention that he seemed to fear the 'true' Galactus. *shrugs*

Lord Feron
Due what Abraxes is basically a evil and more powerful versin of Galactus imo. Can they celestials combioned take out BIg G much less an avid Big G killer (Abraxes). Not sure.

starlock
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Due what Abraxes is basically a evil and more powerful versin of Galactus imo. Can they celestials combioned take out BIg G much less an avid Big G killer (Abraxes). Not sure.

To me Galactus is at average...= to one Celestial....he is probably lower though confused

h1a8
If the Celestials can beat Abraxas then why does Galactus feels he needs to hold him back. I mean there would be no danger to the universe at all. You not only have the Celestials to stop him but all the abstracts and cosmic beings as well. I'm sure they all have cosmic awareness.

h1a8
Originally posted by starlock
To me Galactus is at average...= to one Celestial....he is probably lower though confused
Didn't an average Galactus defeat several by himself?

Mindset
Originally posted by Galan007
Not to mention that he seemed to fear the 'true' Galactus. *shrugs* Didn't he fear him because of the UN?

Enyalus
Celestials in an ass-rape.

GalacticStorm
Not to mention that he seemed to fear the 'true' Galactus. *shrugs*

Exactly.

Who is to say how Abraxas defeated these alternate reality Galactus' off panel.

On top of that who is to say how they stacked up to 616 Galactus?

id369
Celestials, Exitar alone is more powerful the the entire 4th host.

quanchi112
Not to mention that he seemed to fear the 'true' Galactus. *shrugs* Galactus took the un from him.

LDHZenkai
The One Above All and the Dreaming Celestial could both beat abraxas pretty easily i'd say. Exitar probably as well. Not too sure the extent of the others powers.

h1a8
Originally posted by h1a8
If the Celestials can beat Abraxas then why does Galactus feels he needs to hold him back. I mean there would be no danger to the universe at all. You not only have the Celestials to stop him but all the abstracts and cosmic beings as well. I'm sure they all have cosmic awareness.

celestialdemon

Now how does he take out all of those Celestials in one go? confused

Abraxas is an abstract being who was only stopped by retrieving the UN and remaking everything. He was powerful enough to kill Galactus and put Uatu in a coma.

Now, what have the Celestials done to make you think they could take out an abstract being this powerful?

Mr Master
Abraxas FTW in horrific curbstomp.

People,
Abraxas is the being that the embodiment of the Multiverse itself has to get help against.

===================

Abraxas ... his purpose ii to destroy the Omniverse:

"ALL That Ever Was, Ever Is, or Ever Will Be"

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792375_Et.jpg

................................................................................................................

Franklin says about the Omniversal Guardian:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792415_Ab1.jpg

"That's Roma, she's gonna help us fight the dark man" (Abraxas)

................................................................................................................

Roma (Omniversal Guardian) makes it clear:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792417_Ab2.jpg

"And if we do not act soon ... All of Time will be lost to us"

Abraxas is a Multiversal power of Omniversal significance.

Here are Nine Universes that would later be destroyed by Abraxas:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792418_Ab3.jpg

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792419_Ab4.jpg

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792420_Ab5.jpg

"Imagine each of those Worlds like sand in an hourglass ...
an hourglass which Abraxas will shatter"

This is aside from all these UniverseS Abraxas collapsed:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792446_Ab1.jpg

Meh,

And Abraxas only needs to approach UniverseS to collapse them:
(he doesn't even need to attack or enter said Realities) smile

(the Multiverse in fact)

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792447_Ab2.jpg

"creatures of the Multiverse Mixing --- Reality folding onto itself

This ... is what brings Abraxas" (like I said, just by approaching)

......................................................................................

Mr Master
......................................................................................

Here are some Bio excerpts to confirm my posts which only contain the On Panel evidence:

(reference-Official Marvel Handbook 2006 - Abraxas bio)

How Abraxas folds/collapses Universes:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792504_Ab1.jpg

"While Abraxas drew near,
the walls of dimensional space began to blur" (fold/collapse)

It goes on to explain the ramifications of Abraxas approaching Realities.

We shouldn't be surprised ... it's his Job:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792505_Ab2.jpg

Evidently, only a power UN-like can defeat Abraxas:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792506_Ab3.jpg

"Realizing the danger Abraxas posed,
the FF went on a Dimension-hopping journey to recover the UN,
the One weapon that could destroy him"

Indeed, Roma (Omniversal Guardian) stated the same thing On Panel:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792507_Ab4.jpg

Roma: "It will be a weapon of unimaginable power that will WIN This day"

Here Galactus says it, and Reed realizes this truth:

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792508_Ab5.jpg

Galactus: "But This Time, This Day can end ONLY one way"

Reed: "Yes .... God help me, I can see that now"

Mr Master

The Celestials quite easily.
laughing

Abraxas is another character who has been hyped up to ridiculous proportions and everyone has just swallowed it without bothering to analyse the comics themselves
facepalm .. No power above the Phoenix is safe.

iceman24567
The Celestials are being overrated again they lose here no expression

Mindset
Abraxas imo

Mr Master
thumb up ... a little more ...

AB - FF Ultimate Guide bio:

Restructuring Reality is nothing to Abraxas!

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792539_Ab6.jpg

"He can restructure matter and convert physical matter into pure energy ...
he has destroyed entire PLANES of Reality"

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792403_Ab.jpg

"We're dealing with a being of Godlike powers, BENDING Reality means nothing to him"

Doom and Gloom
Probably Abraxas

Knowsbleed33
Celestials.

I wasn't all that impressed with Abraxas to be honest.

rotiart
to contain abraxas every single galactus acroos the multiverse was key. The death of a single galactus allowed abraxas to escape....

Your prison are an untold ammount of godlike beings....

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr Master
"And if we do not act soon ... All of Time will be lost to us" This statement was regarding Abraxas acquiring the UN.

LDHZenkai
Abraxas is an abstract being who was only stopped by retrieving the UN and remaking everything. He was powerful enough to kill Galactus and put Uatu in a coma.

Now, what have the Celestials done to make you think they could take out an abstract being this powerful?

Uhm, Scathan beat the Protege who had the same powers as LT. And i know everyone will say that that's not a good example but it's canon and it's what happened so yea.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
Uhm, Scathan beat the Protege who had the same powers as LT. And i know everyone will say that that's not a good example but it's canon and it's what happened so yea.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Scathan isn't on the list that the thread starter put up.

LDHZenkai
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Scathan isn't on the list that the thread starter put up.
Oh whoops you're right. Oh well the Dreaming celestial is supposed to be the strongest. I'd imagine TOAA is above all for a reason too so i'd say him. And if exitar is their exterminator he's gotta be pretty powerful.

id369
Tiamut took on the the 2nd host and was ultimately beaten down. Exitar is more powerful then the 4th host combined.

Mindset
Oh whoops you're right. Oh well the Dreaming celestial is supposed to be the strongest. I'd imagine TOAA is above all for a reason too so i'd say him. And if exitar is their exterminator he's gotta be pretty powerful. None of those Celestials are stronger than Scathan, if that's what you were trying to say.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Mindset
None of those Celestials are stronger than Scathan, if that's what you were trying to say.
And what makes you think that? When it's stated that the dreaming celestial was the strongest of them?

Mindset
And what makes you think that? When it's stated that the dreaming celestial was the strongest of them? Because none of the Celestials have shown the power that Scathan displayed.

Tiamut may be the strongest of the 2nd host, but he is not stated to be the strongest Celestial. Scathan is also from an alternate future, so even if Tiamaut were said to be the strongest Celestia, which to my knowledge isn't the case, that would not show he is stronger than Scathan, who is not around so there can be no comparison.

Mr Master

This statement was regarding Abraxas acquiring the UN.
I respectfully disagree.

Abraxas is the embodiment of destruction, not the UN.

Also, Abraxas never intended on ever using the UN,
and didn't need to either to forfill his conceptual purpose. (collapse Creation/Existence)

On top of this,
Roma wasn't aware of Abraxas' plans until it was too late,
which was in the second to last issue of the arc,
while that scan is from the first issue.

LDHZenkai
Because none of the Celestials have shown the power that Scathan displayed.

Tiamut may be the strongest of the 2nd host, but he is not stated to be the strongest Celestial. Scathan is also from an alternate future, so even if Tiamaut were said to be the strongest Celestia, which to my knowledge isn't the case, that would not show he is stronger than Scathan, who is not around so there can be no comparison.

Scathan's job was to Approve wether or not an event could happen that's why he displayed such power. The other ones don't have that job so they've never shown power like that. Thats just my interpretation though so maybe I'm just wayyyyy off. ::shrugs::

Mindset
Scathan's job was to Approve wether or not an event could happen that's why he displayed such power. The other ones don't have that job so they've never shown power like that. Thats just my interpretation though so maybe I'm just wayyyyy off. ::shrugs:: Tiamut fought and was beaten by I think 3-4 other Celestials, two Celestials tried to fight Thanos w/ the IG and were beaten.

Celestials have been involved in fights, they simply have not shown the power Scathan has.

-K-M-
I respectfully disagree.

Why don't people disrespectfully agree?

Your a dick.....but your right!

LDHZenkai
Tiamut fought and was beaten by I think 3-4 other Celestials, two Celestials tried to fight Thanos w/ the IG and were beaten.

Celestials have been involved in fights, they simply have not shown the power Scathan has.

Touche.

Mr Master
Originally posted by -K-M-

Why don't people disrespectfully agree?
hm
Originally posted by -K-M-

Your a dick.....but your right!
laughing ... So long as I'm right. stick out tongue

guy222
Because none of the Celestials have shown the power that Scathan displayed.

Tiamut is the greatest Celestial

guy222
Tiamut fought and was beaten by I think 3-4 other Celestials, two Celestials tried to fight Thanos w/ the IG and were beaten.

2nd Celestial Host could only contain Tiamut

Celestials cannot be destroyed according to the new series

Tiamut was goin to set back time and space(almost 14 billion years) by singing the Death Song

Mindset
Originally posted by guy222
Tiamut is the greatest Celestial Maybe of the current Celestials.

Also, how was the greatest Celestial beaten by a handful of other Celestials? Were those Celestials collectively greater than the entire 4th host, which Exitar is stronger than?

Mindset
2nd Celestial Host could only contain Tiamut

Celestials cannot be destroyed according to the new series

Tiamut was goin to set back time and space(almost 14 billion years) by singing the Death Song Tiamut would only be able to contain a Celestial as well, I don't see what that has to do with him being beaten though.

Wasn't the time manipulation limited to only Earth?

Basically what it boils down to is do you think Tiamut is stronger than Scathan, nothing else really matters.

guy222
Maybe of the current Celestials.

Also, how was the greatest Celestial beaten by a handful of other Celestials? Were those Celestials collectively greater than the entire 4th host, which Exitar is stronger than?

I have the scan on Photobucket. And they are doin maintenance. I will post it soon

According to Tiamut, Arishem and the others were jealous

Exitar also had the power to exterminate the entire Watcher race

Gaiman's run which was incredible

Tiamut

"Most Powerful"...."Made Stars and Worlds"

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9930/e06003.th.jpg

"Most Dangerous Thing in the World"

http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/8776/e06015.th.jpg

guy222
Tiamut would only be able to contain a Celestial as well, I don't see what that has to do with him being beaten though.

Wasn't the time manipulation limited to only Earth?

Basically what it boils down to is do you think Tiamut is stronger than Scathan, nothing else really matters.

Tiamut was easily defeating Arishem. They contained him. He was asleep for over 500,000 years

Scathan is the most powerful Celestial(Earth-691)

Tiamut is the greatest Celestial(Earth-616)

Galan007
On top of this,
Roma wasn't aware of Abraxas' plans until it was too late,
which was in the second to last issue of the arc,
while that scan is from the first issue. You may want to recheck that. Not counting the prelude annual, the scan you posted is from the second overall issue of the arc (#47,) not the first issue. Anyhow, that whole issue pertained to the search for the UN. Meh.

Also, Reed was aware of what Abraxas could do with the UN in the first issue (#46) - so he was certainly on to any potential plan Abraxas had with it:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1548687_un1.jpg

Surely Roma (teh omniversal powa!!) would have been as well?

Actually, please don't answer that. A pages-spanning 'debate' isn't something I feel like dealing with.

Celestials ftw. smile

Mindset
You may want to recheck that. Not counting the prelude annual, the scan you posted is from the second overall issue of the arc (#47,) not the first issue. Anyhow, that whole issue pertained to the search for the UN. Meh.

Also, Reed was aware of what Abraxas could do with the UN in the first issue (#46) - so he was certainly on to any potential plan Abraxas had with it:

Actually, please don't answer that. A pages-spanning 'debate' isn't something I feel like dealing with.

Celestials ftw. smile The scan could be saying is that the only way they could stop him would be to use the UN, not that Abraxas would be using it.

That's what I get from it.

Galan007
The scan could be saying is that the only way they could stop him would be to use the UN, not that Abraxas would be using it.

That's what I get from it. No it doesn't... Did you read the scan? It specifically talks about what Abraxas could do with the UN. I don't know how you gathered anything alse from it. confused

Knowsbleed33
Tiamut

"Most Powerful"...."Made Stars and Worlds"

http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/9930/e06003.th.jpg

Tiamut certainly thinks highly of himself doesn't he?

guy222
yes

Mindset
No it doesn't... Did you read the scan? It specifically talks about what Abraxas could do with the UN. I don't know how you gathered anything alse from it. confused It doesn't actually say anything about him using it.

Shut up

quanchi112
yes Hey on here you are just guy. On herochat you get to be the big bag celestial.

Mr Master

You may want to recheck that. Not counting the prelude annual, the scan you posted is from the second overall issue of the arc (#47,) not the first issue. Anyhow, that whole issue pertained to the search for the UN. Meh.

The Roma scan has absolutely nothing to do with what Reed is saying in that scan.

In the Roma scan, Roma states that "all of Time will be lost to us"
and she has a statue of Abraxas in her hands, not of the UN, or Abraxas/UN.

http://s2d1.turboimagehost.com/t/792417_Ab2.jpg

Roma never ever at any time stated that the UN (with or without Abraxas)
was the danger,
Roma was only interested in the UN in order to use it against Abraxas,
who was the concept collapsing the prime Multiverse which leads to all of Time.

And it's a fact, that Abraxas never used the UN,
and never intended on using it either.
(literally stated withIN the arc by Reed himself no less who understood this at the end)

Abraxas only acquired the UN, so it wouldn't be used on him,
since that was apparently his only weakness in the arc.

Actually, please don't answer that.
A pages-spanning 'debate' isn't something I feel like dealing with.
No need to debate a simple factual truth.

Celestials ftw.
Abraxas in a ridiculous curbstomp.

If Eternity's totality (all that ever was, is or will be)
was incapable of dealing with Abraxas,
what can Celestials ever hope to achieve?

Course, Scathan isn't is this bunch. stick out tongue

rotiart
Mr master for the win!

quanchi112
Originally posted by rotiart
Mr master for the win! Yep.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.