Dr. Manhattan vs. Phoenix (movie versions)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Serious Impact
Okay, this is my first time at this so please go easy on me.

I was wondering who would win in this case.

Dr. Manhattan vs. The Phoenix (no emotional or mental issues along with full understanding and control of her powers). Both are movie versions.

They are on an empty planet and don't have to worry about collateral damage.

Fight!

The MadParty
movie versions??? doctor manhattan

starlock
I would lean towards Dr Manhattan...but i am curious about him getting mind raped.....we have no idea what would happen if Phoenix messed with his mind?

occultdestroyer
Wolverine won't get the chance to stab Dr. M

GalacticStorm
Dr Manhattan. Movie Phoenix was shit sad lol

Lord Feron
Jean had great offensive capabilities but pretty much no durability. Not to say adamantium is nothing but still she can be stabbed and killed easily. There is nothing to stop Dr. M from turning her into red goo. If Jean tried to do her turn to ash thing on Dr.M, it would be a minor inconvenience to him to if it even has any effect.

Enyalus
Red-Headed Babe > Blue Penis.

Serious Impact
Okay, lets clear up a few things. First, yes, in the movie, she kind of sucked, especially compared to her comic version. However, this is why I made it this fight, as I felt that her comic version was too powerful. Now, even sucking, she pulls off some pretty impressive feats, especially in the last scene and this was with just her emotions driving them. I believe she'd be even more impressive, if they hadn't gimped her by reducing her mental capacity (hence why I removed this in my initial post).

Moving on, Wolverine stabbing her was just plot convenience. They needed a way to take her down, so they seriously amped up Wolverine's healing factor and toned her attacks on him down considerably (she took out dozens of soldiers and numerous other mutants with barely a look. His healing factor can't save him, if she's atomized everything, except perhaps his skeleton). Bad writing, but someone needed to take her out.

Yes, she is more vulnerable to attacks than Dr. Manhattan, but who says she has to make a physical attack on him? DM's resistance to mental attacks was never tested in the movie. This gives her a chance. What's to say she can't make him into a gibbering idiot? Take control of him? Look deep into his mind and find a weakness (if he has one)? Make him see things differently, or just see what he's thinking and, thus, anticipate his actions?

Anyway, I'm not trying to lean either way here, I'm just trying to play devil's advocate. Since it seemed to be leaning heavily in DM's favor, I thought I'd bring up some ways in which to even it up a bit. Thoughts?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Serious Impact
Bad writing, but someone needed to take her out.

Bad writing indeed. I mean the entire movie is centered around a young mutant who disables others powers (Leech). They should have just thrown him at her. Saved everyone the hassle.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Bad writing indeed. my favorite part was when beast introduced himself to the leech kid and his hair magically disappeared (didn't fall off), then spontaneously regrew 100 times faster than usual when he moved back.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Bad writing indeed. I mean the entire movie is centered around a young mutant who disables others powers (Leech). They should have just thrown him at her. Saved everyone the hassle. Jean would of prolly vaporized him before he got close

but yeah this whole Phenix vs Wolvie thing in the end wuz PIS
what the **** not even Shaggyman can heal that fast. lol

DM ftw. easy

kevdude
Dr. Manhattan takes it

Lord S
Dr. Manhattan slaps her in the face with his blue dong.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.