thanos & superman vs gladiator & darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
which team wins ?

team A superman & thanos
team B gladiator & darkseid

the fight takes place on apokalypse

both teams get one day to warm up fighting eachothers partner so they know who they are fighting alongside with and what they can do.

Enyalus
Team A.

Bouboumaster
A-Team! raver

Philosophía
Team 2 if Darkseid uses BFR.

Team 1 if he doesn't.

Nihilist
team 1

quanchi112

Badabing
Team B. Home field advantage.

Plus Thanos is the weak link. biscuits

Enyalus
Stop baiting, Bada. stick out tongue

Badabing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Stop baiting, Bada. stick out tongue down sadwalk

Nihilist
Originally posted by Badabing

Plus Thanos is the weak link. biscuits *send's* pm to Raz for Bada to be be mod'ed.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Nihilist
*send's* pm to Raz for Bada to be be mod'ed. laughing

iceman24567

Plus Thanos is the weak link. biscuits thumb up

Badabing
*send's* pm to Raz for Bada to be be mod'ed. Originally posted by Badabing
down sadwalk Originally posted by chomperx9
laughing chomperx9
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/movie_the_terminator_machine.gif

Restricted

Lord Feron
Can Gladiator have a better partner? stick out tongue

The Nuul

Plus Thanos is the weak link. biscuits

Please stop trolling, thanks.

KuRuPT Thanosi

chomperx9
chomperx9
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/movie_the_terminator_machine.gif

Restricted crybaby

six6six
tEAM 1 ftw.

bashchairbanginboxblowfishgiljotiini

Badabing
Originally posted by The Nuul
Please stop trolling, thanks. Warned for impersonating a mod. uhuh

Originally posted by chomperx9
crybaby petpet stick out tongueOriginally posted by six6six
tEAM 1 ftw. Pfft, your feeble smilies are no match for the dur!

Fear my Dur-chi!
durbeware

And my Dur-chi deluxe!!!!1
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/adurteambusterloopho4.gif

And now the Dur-chi fatality!!!!11111
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/durdrop.gif

TricksterPriest
Despite Gladiator's inferiority to Supes, with DS amping him/brainwashing, he can made into a viable threat for Superman.

As for Thanos vs. Darkseid.......N/A. And even if Thanos disposed of Gladiator, Darkseid would still kill him and Superman.

xJLxKing
Is BFR allowed? If so, DS and Glad win. DS teleports Superman into a red sun and then he can destroy Thanos with no interruption

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Despite Gladiator's inferiority to Supes, with DS amping him/brainwashing, he can made into a viable threat for Superman.

As for Thanos vs. Darkseid.......N/A. And even if Thanos disposed of Gladiator, Darkseid would still kill him and Superman. I agree that Supes has an edge against Superman but it really could go either way.

Ds can't beat Superman on his own while Thanos is well beyond Ds who is a mere top tier.

TricksterPriest
Top tiers cannot do the feats Darkseid has. Try again. dur

Thanos got cock-slapped by Odin. And Adam Warlock. And Drax. And Ka-Zar. And Squirrel Girl. And Galactus.

you refuse to consider the avatars, I count the clones. stick out tongue Besides, Darkseid has created beings more powerful than Thanos.

quanchi112
Top tiers cannot do the feats Darkseid has. Try again. dur

Thanos got cock-slapped by Odin. And Adam Warlock. And Drax. And Ka-Zar. And Squirrel Girl. And Galactus.

you refuse to consider the avatars, I count the clones. stick out tongue Besides, Darkseid has created beings more powerful than Thanos. Which feats?

Thanos wasn't even put down by Odin. Darkseid was utterly and soundly beaten into submission by Superman in apokolips now. Ds released Steel to save his reputation because he was humbled beyond belief by Superman.

Warlock's ghost beat a much weaker Thanos after he was already killed by Thanos. Drax is his silver bullet and Thanos had his back turned and hadn't engaged him. Kazar beat a clone. Sg beat a clone off panel and is undefeated anyways.

Galactus' power level is off the charts and Thanos still survived. Ds was killed by one shot from the Spectre.

No, he hasn't. Thanos is on a whole other level while Superman is currently Ds's superior.

kevdude
Originally posted by quanchi112
Which feats?

Thanos wasn't even put down by Odin. Darkseid was utterly and soundly beaten into submission by Superman in apokolips now. Ds released Steel to save his reputation because he was humbled beyond belief by Superman.

Warlock's ghost beat a much weaker Thanos after he was already killed by Thanos. Drax is his silver bullet and Thanos had his back turned and hadn't engaged him. Kazar beat a clone. Sg beat a clone off panel and is undefeated anyways.

Galactus' power level is off the charts and Thanos still survived. Ds was killed by one shot from the Spectre.

No, he hasn't. Thanos is on a whole other level while Superman is currently Ds's superior.

What is this Apokolips Now I keep seeing people come around and say??

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
What is this Apokolips Now I keep seeing people come around and say?? Have you never read it?

kevdude
Have you never read it?

I don't believe so, thats why I'm asking as to read it for myself.. Year/date comic?

quanchi112
I don't believe so, thats why I'm asking as to read it for myself.. Year/date comic? I don't have the year it came out. It is called Superman versus Darkseid: Apokolips Now.

KuRuPT Thanosi

As for Thanos vs. Darkseid.......N/A. And even if Thanos disposed of Gladiator, Darkseid would still kill him and Superman.

The DS wanking is strong with you Trick.. very strong. Team 1 wtfpwns team 2. Thanos or Supes can beat DS one v one. Supes has already done it and I feel Thanos is above Supes but regardless so can Thanos. Both of them can deal with Glads easier then DS. So, really it will turn it Thanos and Supes vs. DS and that is a shit stomp of Epic porportions

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Is BFR allowed? If so, DS and Glad win. DS teleports Superman into a red sun and then he can destroy Thanos with no interruption How come I hear all these inventive ways about how easily Ds can beat Superman yet he has never done this in a comic. no expression

TricksterPriest
He's done this to EVERYONE ELSE. And he did beat the **** out of Superman several times, sometimes with a mere gesture. As to why he doens't do it to Superman...............come on Quan. This isn't very hard to figure out. erm

It's one of the few things this forum discards as a rule.

Lord Feron
Again can Glads have a better partner? mad

Philosophía
Yeah, having a partner who can just solo the field is unfair.

Give him somebody like .. Thor.

carver9
glads>supes and on panel proof proves this, thanos>darkseid and on panel proof proves this. Due to thanos I give this to his team. Hell I think that thanos could solo.

Lord Feron

iceman24567
Glads can't handle Supes for too long after a couple minutes Superman beats Glads into a coma.

carver9
Originally posted by iceman24567
Glads can't handle Supes for too long after a couple minutes Superman beats Glads into a coma.

I knew you would say something like this.

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
I knew you would say something like this. What's your point? I knew you would wank Glads eek!

carver9
What's your point? I knew you would wank Glads eek!

Are you picking out of favortism or on panel proof because on panel glads >> supes

iceman24567
Are you picking out of favortism or on panel proof because on panel glads >> supes I pick because on panel Superman >> Gladz you must be picking out of favoritism smile

chomperx9
no fanboyism in this thread

carver9
I pick because on panel Superman >> Gladz you must be picking out of favoritism smile

HUHHHH, I give up. sad

iceman24567
HUHHHH, I give up. sad thumb up

quanchi112
He's done this to EVERYONE ELSE. And he did beat the **** out of Superman several times, sometimes with a mere gesture. As to why he doens't do it to Superman...............come on Quan. This isn't very hard to figure out. erm

It's one of the few things this forum discards as a rule. List the times Ds has handed Superman his ass.Originally posted by iceman24567
Glads can't handle Supes for too long after a couple minutes Superman beats Glads into a coma. How so? What has he done to prove he can beat Gladiator quickly?

Makky
Team 2, Thanos beats DS and supes beats Glads but supes will lose to DS.

TricksterPriest
List the times Ds has handed Superman his ass. How so? What has he done to prove he can beat Gladiator quickly?

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t480407.html

Read it yourself, troll. dopedfu

As for the 2nd............pick up a Superman comic. Practially any Superman comic has feats for Supes that shit on Glads. roll eyes (sarcastic)

carver9

As for the 2nd............pick up a Superman comic. Practially any Superman comic has feats for Supes that shit on Glads. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Supes has more feats but glads has better feats. Moving planet, flying through a solar system destroying blast without even feeling it, busting planets open with his fist, has on panel proof of him blitzing at light speed on earth, swimming through stars, etc.....

Supes>hyperion
Glads>supes and hyperion

chomperx9
gladiator rapes superman
thanos kills DK

so the last 2 standing would be gladiator and thanos and they would have to go at it and of course thanos takes out gladiator for sure.

Makky
Supes has more feats but glads has better feats. Moving planet, flying through a solar system destroying blast without even feeling it, busting planets open with his fist, has on panel proof of him blitzing at light speed on earth, swimming through stars, etc.....

Supes>hyperion
Glads>supes and hyperion

I've never seen the planet moving feat from glad actually, and he 3 shotted a planet if im not mistaken. I dont recall the blizting at LS on earth either, but I do remember him being KO'ed by canonball.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Makky
I've never seen the planet moving feat from glad actually, and he 3 shotted a planet if im not mistaken. I dont recall the blizting at LS on earth either, but I do remember him being KO'ed by canonball. he tried to destroy ego as well but got his ass kicked.

Makky
he tried to destroy ego as well but got his ass kicked.

I don't personally think Glads is fast enough to keep up with clark, supes has been stated having movment comparable to wally and we have more then a few examples testifying to this.

Naija boy
Hmmm. this sounds awfully familiar

chomperx9
I don't personally think Glads is fast enough to keep up with clark, supes has been stated having movment comparable to wally and we have more then a few examples testifying to this. of course supes speed is faster than glads but glads strength is above supes.

Nihilist
I don't personally think Glads is fast enough to keep up with clark, supes has been stated having movment comparable to wally and we have more then a few examples testifying to this. Hi Galen.

Naija boy
Hi Galen.

Thats it!! eek!

kgkg
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hmmm. this sounds awfully familiar laughing out loud

Makky
of course supes speed is faster than glads but glads strength is above supes.

I don' think so, supes has moved a solar system device and even a few planet moving feats to his credit.

Badabing
Hmmm. this sounds awfully familiar Originally posted by Nihilist
Hi Galen. Originally posted by Naija boy
Thats it!! eek! If anybody has proof then please PM me. Otherwise, keep accusations out of the threads. Thanks.

chomperx9
I don' think so, supes has moved a solar system device and even a few planet moving feats to his credit. gladiator kicked mjolnir out into space. superman couldont do that. gladiator also threw juggernaut miles away across the ocean. juggy didnt do jack to glads when he punched him. superman could take out juggernaut for sure but juggernaut would still give him some hard licks clark would never forget.

Nihilist
lulz

iceman24567
gladiator kicked mjolnir out into space. superman couldont do that. gladiator also threw juggernaut miles away across the ocean. juggy didnt do jack to glads when he punched him. superman could take out juggernaut for sure but juggernaut would still give him some hard licks clark would never forget. thumb down

Makky
gladiator kicked mjolnir out into space. superman couldont do that. gladiator also threw juggernaut miles away across the ocean. juggy didnt do jack to glads when he punched him. superman could take out juggernaut for sure but juggernaut would still give him some hard licks clark would never forget.

Supes blocked Thor's hammer in mid swing, he also stood up and traded blows agaisnt E2 Supes.

chomperx9
Supes blocked Thor's hammer in mid swing, he also stood up and traded blows agaisnt E2 Supes. that book was not cannon for sure

Nihilist
Supes blocked Thor's hammer in mid swing, he also stood up and traded blows agaisnt E2 Supes. jla/avengers is not allowed anymore

Makky
Even exlcuding the crossover, I've seen SS and even magento seperate thor from his hammer so it isn't overly impressive. Supes rocked a sourced powered IM, glads punches didn't oneshot Canonball.

Nihilist
Even exlcuding the crossover, I've seen SS and even magento seperate thor from his hammer so it isn't overly impressive. Supes rocked a sourced powered IM, glads punches didn't oneshot Canonball. supes rocked Infinity man.. he caused him no pain or lasting effects to him what so ever.

Makky
supes rocked Infinity man.. he caused him no pain or lasting effects to him what so ever.

Considering the surge of power IM was operating on, the mere fact that he felt his blow is good enough. It's like when Glads briefly matched Tyrant, sure he didn't win but the fact that he was able to compete speaks vollumes about his power.

Nihilist
Considering the surge of power IM was operating on, the mere fact that he felt his blow is good enough. It's like when Glads briefly matched Tyrant, sure he didn't win but the fact that he was able to compete speaks vollumes about his power. meh,not really.Seeing as the hulk rocked a member of the celestial order and they was channeling the HOTU as their power.Being able to punch something that is >>>>>>>>>>>in power is that great if there's no harm done.

Makky
meh,not really.Seeing as the hulk rocked a member of the celestial order and they was channeling the HOTU as their power.Being able to punch something that is >>>>>>>>>>>in power is that great if there's no harm done.

Its a indication of there striking power and that's the point.In this pariticular case I dont think Glads can hit harder then supes nor do I think glads triumps over supes in any other attribute. Its a fight I can see going for clark quite handily, but regardless team 2 still wins due to Thanos.

Enyalus
Team A.

quanchi112

As for the 2nd............pick up a Superman comic. Practially any Superman comic has feats for Supes that shit on Glads. roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh, this is interesting. You can't name them and admit defeat by linking me to a respect thread.

Glads has better striking power for one. Ex: destroyed a planet on panel in a few blows.

Featwise though Thor shits all over Glads, but Glads just did very well against him despite that. Feats an dfeats alone don't decide who wins. Remember that.

Mekrob
Giving it to ya, Trick style.

quanchi112
I don't personally think Glads is fast enough to keep up with clark, supes has been stated having movment comparable to wally and we have more then a few examples testifying to this. Superman also couldn't keep up with Prime who was going at light speed in infinite crisis. Here's the point, their speed is comparable.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mekrob
Giving it to ya, Trick style. I never realized that instead of answering someone's question I could instead throw up a respect thread.

Mekrob
I never realized that instead of answering someone's question I could instead throw up a respect thread. Trick style 101

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mekrob
Trick style 101 Trick's unbeatable. I like when he gives me the finger with those adorable smilies. I just wish he wouldn't always intimidate me. I scare easily.

Enyalus
Trick's unbeatable. I like when he gives me the finger with those adorable smilies. I just wish he wouldn't always intimidate me. I scare easily.

You gotta make yourself a wristband reading, "What would Thanos do?"

Mekrob
Trick's unbeatable. I like when he gives me the finger with those adorable smilies. I just wish he wouldn't always intimidate me. I scare easily. He had to back up his point.

If you ever studied the style, you'd know that respect thread comes first, then a snappy insult to let you know who you're sexing with.

quanchi112
You gotta make yourself a wristband reading, "What would Thanos do?" I can't figure out if its trick or a trick avatar. I don't think the real trick has posted yet.

Enyalus
I can't figure out if its trick or a trick avatar. I don't think the real trick has posted yet.

There's no real point. Even if you win this debate, his loss will be retconned later to an avatar.

quanchi112
There's no real point. Even if you win this debate, his loss will be retconned later to an avatar. Finally someone understands that you cannot beat trick because at the end of the day thirty years from now I'll find out it was a lesser manifestation.

quanchi112
Even exlcuding the crossover, I've seen SS and even magento seperate thor from his hammer so it isn't overly impressive. Supes rocked a sourced powered IM, glads punches didn't oneshot Canonball. Just wanted to point something out. Planet shattering punches affected the Infinity Man and to what degree we won't know. Glads possesses planet shattering punches so he can affect the Infinity Man just as much as Superman did.

Badabing
Finally someone understands that you cannot beat trick because at the end of the day thirty years from now I'll find out it was a lesser manifestation. As mod, I declare Trick victorious over Quan.

stick out tongue

Enyalus
As mod, I declare Trick victorious over Quan.

stick out tongue

But like the Watcher, who thought it was the real thing...this was also merely an imperfect clone of Quan. The original is vastly superior.

quanchi112
As mod, I declare Trick victorious over Quan.

stick out tongue I could be a clone. shifty

quanchi112
But like the Watcher, who thought it was the real thing...this was also merely an imperfect clone of Quan. The original is vastly superior. beat me to it.

Badabing
But like the Watcher, who thought it was the real thing...this was also merely an imperfect clone of Quan. The original is vastly superior. Originally posted by quanchi112
I could be a clone. shifty laughing out loud

Enyalus
beat me to it.

Of course. I've got the All Seeing Eye of Agamotto.

quanchi112
Of course. I've got the All Seeing Eye of Agamotto. I blame my connection.

Enyalus
I blame my connection.

Blame Bada instead. That's what he's there for.

quanchi112
Blame Bada instead. That's what he's there for. You're so right. It's all creepy Bada's fault.

Badabing
Blame Bada instead. That's what he's there for. Originally posted by quanchi112
You're so right. It's all creepy Bada's fault. uhuh

We'll see about this mod bashing.

stick out tongue

quanchi112
Can I take the bashing to a pm?

james2099
Tuff call. Gladiator DESTROYS superman because hes faster, stronger, a far better fighter and has Far MORE STAMINA, supes fought doomsday and fell dead because he was tired ( or was it the azz kicking? ) He also could barely stand when he fought thor and got dogpiled and could not fight back. In other words... supes is no match for gladiator in any stats. Thanos is a problem, but glads will not go down fast like supes, it takes a lot to put him down as shown on panel. If glads and DS can work together, they should win. Supes is the weak link because he and gladiator have fought only one person that they each have fought, thor, supes koed thor and got stomped by avengers. Gladiator koed thor and fought and defeated thor girl and took blasts from thor hammer, the energy from thors hammer and a blast from thor girl that was up there near odins and was still able to stand. Thor even fought supes with his fists, something he has NEVER done against gladiator, it takes the hammer for him. 8/10 glads and DS. Thanos gets 2 wins for team A.

quanchi112
Originally posted by james2099
Tuff call. Gladiator DESTROYS superman because hes faster, stronger, a far better fighter and has Far MORE STAMINA, supes fought doomsday and fell dead because he was tired ( or was it the azz kicking? ) He also could barely stand when he fought thor and got dogpiled and could not fight back. In other words... supes is no match for gladiator in any stats. Thanos is a problem, but glads will not go down fast like supes, it takes a lot to put him down as shown on panel. If glads and DS can work together, they should win. Supes is the weak link because he and gladiator have fought only one person that they each have fought, thor, supes koed thor and got stomped by avengers. Gladiator koed thor and fought and defeated thor girl and took blasts from thor hammer, the energy from thors hammer and a blast from thor girl that was up there near odins and was still able to stand. Thor even fought supes with his fists, something he has NEVER done against gladiator, it takes the hammer for him. 8/10 glads and DS. Thanos gets 2 wins for team A. How does Gladiator destroy superman again? Either way it's extremely close. Their speed is comparable. Thanos is well above anyone in this thread.

carver9
Well mcduffie already stated that superman cant go light speed unless hes in space and he even stated that superman has to put his all into doing that. There is two instances that I'm thinking about where it was stated that gladiator blitzed at light speed, I'll have to find the scans.

TricksterPriest
Well mcduffie already stated that superman cant go light speed unless hes in space and he even stated that superman has to put his all into doing that. There is two instances that I'm thinking about where it was stated that gladiator blitzed at light speed, I'll have to find the scans.

Carver, even you should know better. erm Mcduffie is an idiot.

Makky
How does Gladiator destroy superman again? Either way it's extremely close. Their speed is comparable. Thanos is well above anyone in this thread.

Speed is not really comparable, although Glads is one of the few marvel top tiers to actually fight somewhat like a speedster its still far cry from clark has demonstrated. Thanos is by sheer feats not even comparable to supes let alone DS, Thanos only needs to absorb the PC from Thanos adding hsi might to his own. In which case Supes will be in a big deal of hurt after he beats glads.

carver9
Carver, even you should know better. erm Mcduffie is an idiot.

But hes not the only one that has said that though, almost every superman writer has brought this up. You all just fail to believe this.

Nihilist
Speed is not really comparable, although Glads is one of the few marvel top tiers to actually fight somewhat like a speedster its still far cry from clark has demonstrated. Thanos is by sheer feats not even comparable to supes let alone DS, Thanos only needs to absorb the PC from Thanos adding hsi might to his own. In which case Supes will be in a big deal of hurt after he beats glads. Abosrbing thanos power facepalm.Never heard that shit before.

carver9
Speed is not really comparable, although Glads is one of the few marvel top tiers to actually fight somewhat like a speedster its still far cry from clark has demonstrated. Thanos is by sheer feats not even comparable to supes let alone DS, Thanos only needs to absorb the PC from Thanos adding hsi might to his own. In which case Supes will be in a big deal of hurt after he beats glads.

HUH, I can tell you hate marvel and dont know what in the hell you're talking about.

KuRuPT Thanosi

roll eyes (sarcastic) Ooo yes of course I can see this happening to Thanos. The ol' DS taking his power from him move.... Why yes of course

Naija boy
In all seriousness how much more obvious can it get?

Lord Feron
hysterical

KuRuPT Thanosi
In all seriousness how much more obvious can it get?

The Great _____ big grin

quanchi112
Carver, even you should know better. erm Mcduffie is an idiot. So is Morrison. shifty

quanchi112
Speed is not really comparable, although Glads is one of the few marvel top tiers to actually fight somewhat like a speedster its still far cry from clark has demonstrated. Thanos is by sheer feats not even comparable to supes let alone DS, Thanos only needs to absorb the PC from Thanos adding hsi might to his own. In which case Supes will be in a big deal of hurt after he beats glads. How is their speed not comparable? How?

By feats Thanos has them both beat into the dirt. Again, we don't argue on powersets alone. Supes and Glads are virtual doubles of each other. I give the edge to Superman but in any event neither character is whipping the other;s ass.

How is Thanos going to absorb the pc from Thanos?

Makky
How is their speed not comparable? How?

By feats Thanos has them both beat into the dirt. Again, we don't argue on powersets alone. Supes and Glads are virtual doubles of each other. I give the edge to Superman but in any event neither character is whipping the other;s ass.

How is Thanos going to absorb the pc from Thanos?

What feats are you talking about, everything I've seen Thanos do I've seen Supes triumph in almost every capcity. Although its irrelevent since DS will just absorb him of the PC so its a mutable battle.Anyhow as for supes and glads,sure they both have fast movement but im inclinded to say supes is faster just based on pure feats. It's really more a shot agaisnt marvel though since they dont generally portray there top tiers as speedsters.

TricksterPriest
Regarding absorbtion, DS absorbed the Omega Force, and the powers of countless pantheons.

Makky
Regarding absorbtion, DS absorbed the Omega Force, and the powers of countless pantheons.

I don't see why the PC would be any different, from a character who has already absorbed skyfather level entities the truth is Thanos isn't anything new or special.

darthgoober
Wasn't the countless pantheons an alternate version?

Makky
Common misconception but it wasn't.

darthgoober
Common misconception but it wasn't.
So it wasn't in the Great Darkness Saga? If not, when did it happen?

Makky
Well GDS DS is DS, just a older self. By his own admission he was operating a on level lower then his formal PC self which would mean his current self. He still wasn't as powerful as his older self inspite of all the upgrades during that arc.

darthgoober
Well GDS DS is DS, just a older self. By his own admission he was operating a on level lower then his formal PC self which would mean his current self. He still wasn't as powerful as his older self inspite of all the upgrades during that arc.
It's an alternate version, alternate timelines aren't admissible(they're specifically mentioned in the rules in fact).

Makky
Originally posted by darthgoober
It's an alternate version, alternate timelines aren't admissible(they're specifically mentioned in the rules in fact).

Not really a alternate version but more of a older self, but watever its a mutable point. Bottomline is that its clearly within the scope of his power,especially if were using current DS(FC DS)in this fight.

darthgoober
Not really a alternate version but more of a older self, but watever its a mutable point. Bottomline is that its clearly within the scope of his power,especially if were using current DS(FC DS)in this fight.
If it's an alternate timeline, it's an alternate version. If his present self hasn't done it, it's not "clearly within the scope of his power".

Makky
Originally posted by darthgoober
If it's an alternate timeline, it's an alternate version. If his present self hasn't done it, it's not "clearly within the scope of his power".

Yes it is, a older iteration operating on a lower level of power vs a younger self at the peak of his powers. It isn't like IG thanos and base Thanos, but whatever ur entittled to ur opinion.

darthgoober
Yes it is, a older iteration operating on a lower level of power vs a younger self at the peak of his powers. It isn't like IG thanos and base Thanos, but whatever ur entittled to ur opinion.
It's not really my opinion, it's the rule. It'd be no different that using Gladiator from the Black Celestial Arc for current Glads or King Thor for current Odinson.

Lord Feron

yet still gets pawned by merely 1 kryptonian...

skygunner41
Originally posted by Lord Feron
yet still gets pawned by merely 1 kryptonian...

That merely kyptonian will pawned everyone.

Thorion
Thanos could easily take both himself. Gladiator could hold off Superman as could DS, but Thanos quickly disposes of whoever he goes up against.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I love the DS draining or absorbing Thanos. It is really quite amusing as DS hasn't shown the ability to do that besides in alternate realities. You see Galen yes an older self could always learn new tricks a prime one never knew. Afterall, you guys are false saying during FC that DS displayed powers he never did or could do before. So, yes he might not be able to do absorb anything during his prime. All we do know is that it was an alternate reality and thus not valid. Besides I saw him do that to anybody that was on Thanos level. I've never seen that happen to thanos with others who have that same power. Yet your so confident Ds could just absorb thanos lol. Okay galen.

james2099
How does Gladiator destroy superman again? Either way it's extremely close. Their speed is comparable. Thanos is well above anyone in this thread. Stat wise, gladiator is far above superman, yet you will hear fans claim that supes is stronger, faster and a better fighter because supes has almost raised them from a child and they know very little adout gladiator. Hes called a clone by them, a clone that in his limited appearance has feats that supes cannot match. It is a FACT BY ON PANEL PROOF that gladiator is faster, stronger, a better fighter, far more skilled and has FAR more stamina than supers. Supes fans only have CLAIMS, no proof at all, It is well known that supes has NEVER destroyed a planet with strength alone( flew into a moon and koed himself ) Cannot take punishnment like glads, as shown by doomsday, thor, the avengers and the anti-moniter. His stamina is nothing compaired to glads, as shown on panel by those mentioned. Gladiator, as shown ON PANEL, has taken many hits from tyrant, thor, hulk ( when weakened by radiation ) supreme, uni-powered sue, vulcan and has a rep of being one of the strongest known in the universe WITHOUT HIS OWN COMIC. 85% of the new posters know supes VERY well, bring up gladiators name and they know little, hell, i have even seen them think it daredevils foe.

Wild Shadow
um... daredevil does have an enemy named gladiator.

also thanos solos because the one day prep fighting, he kills supes.. and lady Death wouldnt let him revive him.

soo.. he is left fighting both gladiator and DS alone.

iceman24567
Superman kills Gladz while Darkseid and Thanos have a pissing contest eek!

quanchi112
What feats are you talking about, everything I've seen Thanos do I've seen Supes triumph in almost every capcity. Although its irrelevent since DS will just absorb him of the PC so its a mutable battle.Anyhow as for supes and glads,sure they both have fast movement but im inclinded to say supes is faster just based on pure feats. It's really more a shot agaisnt marvel though since they dont generally portray there top tiers as speedsters. When has current Ds ever absorbed anyone's powers on panel?

quanchi112
Regarding absorbtion, DS absorbed the Omega Force, and the powers of countless pantheons. Off panel.Originally posted by Lord Feron
yet still gets pawned by merely 1 kryptonian... Exactly.Originally posted by james2099
Stat wise, gladiator is far above superman, yet you will hear fans claim that supes is stronger, faster and a better fighter because supes has almost raised them from a child and they know very little adout gladiator. Hes called a clone by them, a clone that in his limited appearance has feats that supes cannot match. It is a FACT BY ON PANEL PROOF that gladiator is faster, stronger, a better fighter, far more skilled and has FAR more stamina than supers. Supes fans only have CLAIMS, no proof at all, It is well known that supes has NEVER destroyed a planet with strength alone( flew into a moon and koed himself ) Cannot take punishnment like glads, as shown by doomsday, thor, the avengers and the anti-moniter. His stamina is nothing compaired to glads, as shown on panel by those mentioned. Gladiator, as shown ON PANEL, has taken many hits from tyrant, thor, hulk ( when weakened by radiation ) supreme, uni-powered sue, vulcan and has a rep of being one of the strongest known in the universe WITHOUT HIS OWN COMIC. 85% of the new posters know supes VERY well, bring up gladiators name and they know little, hell, i have even seen them think it daredevils foe. Slow down there. Superman has him beat hands down in feats. Their strength is both comparable with me giving a slight edge to superman. Striking power I give to Gladiator while I think Superman has a slight edge in durability.

At the end of the day he beats Gladiator. I mean hell, Masterson Thor almost killed the guy and he was a rookie with his powers.

TricksterPriest
Darkseid, current timelines, is credited with killing pantheons. It is not an alternate reality feat. An alien fleet sought to destroy the universe because Darkseid killed their gods and took their power for his own.

Makky
Off panel. Exactly. Slow down there. Superman has him beat hands down in feats. Their strength is both comparable with me giving a slight edge to superman. Striking power I give to Gladiator while I think Superman has a slight edge in durability.

At the end of the day he beats Gladiator. I mean hell, Masterson Thor almost killed the guy and he was a rookie with his powers.

If you're basing the striking power because Glads has a plaent destroying feat, keep in mind Thanos and even FP tryant doesn't even have to there credit. Anyhow as stated, DS absorbs the PC from Thanos and proceeds to defeat supes.

D_Dude1210
Team1 wins. But not because of Superman.

james2099
Off panel. Exactly. Slow down there. Superman has him beat hands down in feats. Their strength is both comparable with me giving a slight edge to superman. Striking power I give to Gladiator while I think Superman has a slight edge in durability.

At the end of the day he beats Gladiator. I mean hell, Masterson Thor almost killed the guy and he was a rookie with his powers. Masterson thor was going to win before you even opened the book and read page 1. Gladiator was not allowed to win because he NOT a hero, a loss by the avengers would have eliminated about 3 issues. Its the same ole story, hero gets dominated from the start, then finds a way to win ( the writers ). Same thing when gladiator koed the real thor when he was sent to kill him, gladiator lays him out, the writers put all kinds of things in gladiators way, slow him down, give HERO time to recover, then AS ALWAYS BY WRITERS PEN, hero wins because a loss would have resulted in heros death. BUT, on KMC, there is no writer to save hero, this is not a story line, this is not hero saves the day every issue to sell comics, this is power vs power, speed vs speed, skill vs skill, no writer will LET the hero off a azz kicking. Superman has NOTHING ON GLADIATOR. Gladiator is stronger, faster, more durable and a far better fighter stat wise. Gladiator is not a writers hero like superman, yet he has feats that superman has NEVER matched. Gladiator had masterson thor beat, who saved him?? He had real thor beat, who saved him??, He had hulk beat, who saved him??. Not one of them will be saved on KMC because they are HEROS or the STAR of the book.

carver9
This is why gladiator lost to hulk

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/456/11062511ti2.jpg

Playing around and also the radiation

This is why he lost to thor, sneak attack and he also was standing over him, not attacking, thinking that he got a victory over a powerful enemy (who he was easily destroying. Masterson thor even admitted that gladiator was too powerful.

http://img367.imageshack.us/img367/2385/50212917oa1.jpg

quanchi112
Darkseid, current timelines, is credited with killing pantheons. It is not an alternate reality feat. An alien fleet sought to destroy the universe because Darkseid killed their gods and took their power for his own. Off panel. Originally posted by Makky
If you're basing the striking power because Glads has a plaent destroying feat, keep in mind Thanos and even FP tryant doesn't even have to there credit. Anyhow as stated, DS absorbs the PC from Thanos and proceeds to defeat supes. Thanos trashes characters on par with Glads. He also can hang with Odin who can trash galaxies and affect the multiverse. Striking power Glads has Superman beat as they are similar characters and on the same level.Originally posted by james2099
Masterson thor was going to win before you even opened the book and read page 1. Gladiator was not allowed to win because he NOT a hero, a loss by the avengers would have eliminated about 3 issues. Its the same ole story, hero gets dominated from the start, then finds a way to win ( the writers ). Same thing when gladiator koed the real thor when he was sent to kill him, gladiator lays him out, the writers put all kinds of things in gladiators way, slow him down, give HERO time to recover, then AS ALWAYS BY WRITERS PEN, hero wins because a loss would have resulted in heros death. BUT, on KMC, there is no writer to save hero, this is not a story line, this is not hero saves the day every issue to sell comics, this is power vs power, speed vs speed, skill vs skill, no writer will LET the hero off a azz kicking. Superman has NOTHING ON GLADIATOR. Gladiator is stronger, faster, more durable and a far better fighter stat wise. Gladiator is not a writers hero like superman, yet he has feats that superman has NEVER matched. Gladiator had masterson thor beat, who saved him?? He had real thor beat, who saved him??, He had hulk beat, who saved him??. Not one of them will be saved on KMC because they are HEROS or the STAR of the book. Sorry, he lost because he was overconfident and didn't just lose but was almost killed.

Makky
Still not giving specific examples to attest to Glad's stiking power, and colliteral damage isn't enough to prove anything. Thanos has beasted SS and who else, I don't recall him ever walking over any other top tier especially in a group battle. DS has legtimatly beasted top tiers in packs, if you low ball DS constantly and soley focus on Thanos's strong suit of course he will look better by comparison. if I use Thanos losing to SG as his average and completly overlook his good showings, there won't be much to argue with is there.

skyfather
Team 1.

Gladiator is out of his league here, it's essentially 2 v 1.

carver9
Originally posted by skyfather
Team 1.

Gladiator is out of his league here, it's essentially 2 v 1.

LOL, gladiator is one of the strongest on the battle field and he IS the fastest. Hes far away from being out of his league.

D_Dude1210
Team 1 wins because Superman has shown that he can easily stalemate DS. Thanos has easily beat down people that have stalemated gladiator (Surfer and Thor).

Thanos kills Gladiator and Helps Superman beat down DS.

Then he kills Superman.

carver9
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
Team 1 wins because Superman has shown that he can easily stalemate DS. Thanos has easily beat down people that have stalemated gladiator (Surfer and Thor).

Thanos kills Gladiator and Helps Superman beat down DS.

Then he kills Superman.

Superman has shown that he can whip darkseid ass on many of occasions. Darkseid is overrated on the forums

D_Dude1210
Superman has shown that he can whip darkseid ass on many of occasions. Darkseid is overrated on the forums

Well, he has shown that he can beat DS. stick out tongue I'm just being conservative about it.

Anyway, Team 1 wins.

carver9
Thanos solos

horrorwolf
Gladiator and Superman are a toss up.

Thanos>DS however.

Thanos beats the living piss out of both Gladiator and Superman...yet DS rarely ever can even put Superman down even temporarily....and when he has it has taken forever to do so.

I can't imagine a single scenario where Thanos would be phazed by either a FP Glads, or even a sundipped Superman.

The poll has this one 100% correct.

quanchi112
Still not giving specific examples to attest to Glad's stiking power, and colliteral damage isn't enough to prove anything. Thanos has beasted SS and who else, I don't recall him ever walking over any other top tier especially in a group battle. DS has legtimatly beasted top tiers in packs, if you low ball DS constantly and soley focus on Thanos's strong suit of course he will look better by comparison. if I use Thanos losing to SG as his average and completly overlook his good showings, there won't be much to argue with is there. He destroyed a planet with his fists. That isn't collateral damage.

Ds gets his ass kicked by Superman, Orion, Doomsday, Raker, etc.

Sg beat a clone off panel so it carries no weight here friend.

Thanos solos this easily.

quanchi112
Superman has shown that he can whip darkseid ass on many of occasions. Darkseid is overrated on the forums Just here. On cbr and herochat they mock Ds to no end. He has absolutely zero respect going for him on either of the other two big boards.

Makky
He destroyed a planet with his fists. That isn't collateral damage.

Ds gets his ass kicked by Superman, Orion, Doomsday, Raker, etc.

Sg beat a clone off panel so it carries no weight here friend.

Thanos solos this easily.

IMO Supes, Orion,DD are physically superior to Thanos and would beat him in a bout too. Not to mention ur forgetting the number of occasions where DS has literally humilated top tier teams on his own, something Thanos has never accomplished....but then again ur only lowballing so it doesn't matter. Again the planet wrecking feat means nothing, Thanos has never had that feat to his claim to so unless u wanna claim Glads>Thanos I think u should drop it. Thanos gets PC drained from DS, Supes gets beats glads but loses to DS. Team 2.

quanchi112
IMO Supes, Orion,DD are physically superior to Thanos and would beat him in a bout too. Not to mention ur forgetting the number of occasions where DS has literally humilated top tier teams on his own, something Thanos has never accomplished....but then again ur only lowballing so it doesn't matter. Again the planet wrecking feat means nothing, Thanos has never had that feat to his claim to so unless u wanna claim Glads>Thanos I think u should drop it. Thanos gets PC drained from DS, Supes gets beats glads but loses to DS. Team 2. Thanos humilated and crushed the Surfer almost unto the point of death with a few blows.

Claiming Superman,etc. are superior to Thanos without backing it up is just making a baseless claim.

I love how according to you the planet wrecking feat means nothing. Thanos is by far superior to Glads. He has been involved in a planet shattering battle and he won,sport.

Darkseid has never drained anyone's powers from them outside the gds arc which is against the rules, friend.

Thanos and Superman 10 out of 10 as both are superior to Glads and Darkseid.

kevdude
Thanos humilated and crushed the Surfer almost unto the point of death with a few blows.

Claiming Superman,etc. are superior to Thanos without backing it up is just making a baseless claim.

I love how according to you the planet wrecking feat means nothing. Thanos is by far superior to Glads. He has been involved in a planet shattering battle and he won,sport.

Darkseid has never drained anyone's powers from them outside the gds arc which is against the rules, friend.

Well he did drain Desaad in Superman/Batman who tried to steal his power smokin'

Makky
Thanos humilated and crushed the Surfer almost unto the point of death with a few blows.

Let's be honest, outside of SS which top tier has Thanos really bested. Most of the time Thanos just beast SS in a straight h2h battle, but SS is quite frankly a terrible brawler so I don't really see it as being a tremendous feat that Thanos accomplishes. Going by feats pound for pound, Orion and supes easily triumph over Thanos. If you wanna get into it "feats"war agaisnt those 2 esepcially Supes then be my guest...but you won't the results. As for DS, the panthoen feat is credited to current DS but since u constantly lowball him anyways it doesn't matter. At this point Quan, if you trully believe he is simply a "top tier"then I don't think anything I can say or do will pursue u differently. You will just overlook his good showings anyways so...meh I dont care enough to try.

Enyalus
Well he did drain Desaad in Superman/Batman who tried to steal his power smokin'

Not really. Desaad attempted to steal the Omega Force and wasn't man enough to handle it (which shouldn't really surprise anyone, considering what a snivelling little prick he is.) Only DS is evil enough to handle the horrible visions that come with it...

KuRuPT Thanosi
Thanos and Supes for the win and very easily at that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>