sandman vs world war hulk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
sandman vs world war hulk

the fight takes place on metropolis beach

Mekrob
Sandman

iceman24567
Sandman

psycho gundam
when high tide comes in, sandman will make up an excuse to leave.

XanatosForever
World War Hulk wins. Seriously, what makes you guys think Sandman can take him?

Mekrob
Originally posted by XanatosForever
World War Hulk wins. Seriously, what makes you guys think Sandman can take him? What makes you think Hulk can take him?

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mekrob
What makes you think Hulk can take him? especially on the beach where sandman is king. can grow to any size he wants no limit on the beach.

Mekrob
Originally posted by chomperx9
especially on the beach where sandman is king. can grow to any size he wants no limit on the beach. Quite true. It only makes Sandman sandier.

XanatosForever
For one, this isn't regular old "Hulk Smash" Hulk we're talking about here. WWH isn't going to jump into this fight blindly. Even if Sandman just charged him when he happened to be at the beach to start the fight, he would be thinking about how best to deal with him.

The way I see it. Sandman confronts WWH, WWH grabs Sandy and a) throws him into the ocean, or b) throws him out onto firm land, effectively limiting Sandman's abilities.

guy222
WWH

psycho gundam
meh, sandman wraps hulk, hulk struggles his way out. sandman tries to bulk up and batter hulk, hulk takes it and smashes sandman.

eventually, someone's taking a dip in the water, and it ain't hulk.

shit, hulk could just step in to the water and goat sandman into going after him, that would work for spider-man.

Badabing
WWH thunderclaps. Sandman is a sand storm. durhulk

Space M ummy
For one, this isn't regular old "Hulk Smash" Hulk we're talking about here. WWH isn't going to jump into this fight blindly. Even if Sandman just charged him when he happened to be at the beach to start the fight, he would be thinking about how best to deal with him.

The way I see it. Sandman confronts WWH, WWH grabs Sandy and....

right there is where your logic falls apart. Sandman can simply opt to not be grabbed via turning part of or all of himself into sand and flowing away from hulk's grip.

It would be like trying to throw hydroman in the middle of a pool.

so, throwing him isn't really going to work. on a huge beach or in a desert or something, sandman should be pretty much impossible to kill.

I don't think he has the weapons to put down WWH though. This should be a stalemate UNLESS sandman does something brilliant like flow into all of hulk's open orifices in sandform (lungs, digestive system, etc) then solidify himself there for like a month.

XanatosForever
I won't bother bringing up points that others have done already, and even concede that Sandy can make himself semi-intangible, but the fact remains, he doesn't have the potential to take WWH down, and while he's trying to figure a way to do that, WWH will, again, be strategizing and figuring out the most effective way of removing Sandy annoying prescence from his personale space, some of which have already been mentioned.

SuperiorTech
Stalemate

Mekrob
lol

The Nuul
Hulk farts SM into the water.

XanatosForever
I don't think this would be a stalemate at all.

Bouboumaster
Hulk smash. Any version of Hulk win

Placidity
Sandman burries Hulk alive. Any amount of strength won't help him crawl out of that grave.

jalek moye
i ant think of a reasonable way for either to beat each other. Sandman is powerful enough to beat hulk, and hulk cant put sandman down while on a beach.

Naija boy
Hulk swallows sandman.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hulk swallows sandman.
Wouldn't hulk choke to death when his lungs filled with sand? Because I'm pretty sure the hulk still needs to breath. I mean he might be able to hold his breath for a long time but not forever.

Placidity
^ You mean swallow the whole beach?

Like, I said before. Sandman buries Hulk kilometers underground.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
Hulk swallows sandman.

Sandman deepthroats Hulk.

Badabing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Sandman deepthroats Hulk. Warned for illicit Hulk fantasies.....

Next time it's a temp ban.

durhulk

chomperx9
Originally posted by Badabing
Warned for illicit Hulk fantasies.....

durhulk sandman deapthroats hulk big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by Badabing
Warned for illicit Hulk fantasies.....

durhulk

Don't be a hater. Just wanted to give Hulk some action. He deserves it after all he's been through, the poor guy.

Badabing
sandman deapthroats hulk big grin My ban button must be offline.....mmm

stick out tongue
Originally posted by Enyalus
Don't be a hater. Just wanted to give Hulk some action. He deserves it after all he's been through, the poor guy. sick

XanatosForever
Originally posted by Placidity

Like, I said before. Sandman buries Hulk kilometers underground.

Hulk's handled way more pressure than that. Besides, the deeper Sandy buries him, the more compact the sand'll get, and the easier to move.

If the issue is location, Hulk lures him into the water, or brings the water to him, in which case, Mr. Sandington gets nice and wet, making him more compact and easier for Hulk to get a hold of him.

Or, more likely, the water screws up his control over the sand and he melts. Hulk scoops up the waterlogged Sandy and flings him out into ocean.

Hell, simple battle is simple. Hulk moves away from the beach. Just because the battle starts there doesn't mean it'll stay there. Sandman is not in the same class as World War Hulk. Period.

psycho gundam

Like, I said before. Sandman buries Hulk kilometers underground. repairing sakaar comes to mind. whistle

sandman's feeble attempts to subdue hulk (that's all sandy can ever hope to do) are only good for getting himself in the ownage thread.

Placidity
Hulk's handled way more pressure than that. Besides, the deeper Sandy buries him, the more compact the sand'll get, and the easier to move.

Hell, simple battle is simple. Hulk moves away from the beach. Just because the battle starts there doesn't mean it'll stay there. Sandman is not in the same class as World War Hulk. Period.

So I see your whole view is that Hulk is in a higher class, therefore he wins...

Um its not just pressure, although there will be at least millions of tonnes of sand on top of him.

As soon as the battle starts, Hulk has no ground to stand on, Sandman will control the sand in the whole area and keep making Hulk sink to the very bottom, wherever that is. Sandman can control the density of all the sand there. He can make it so its not "compact". Hulk won't have any leverage to get out. Think quicksand.

psycho gundam
^ there's water beneath the beach sand, sandman's limit is like 30 feet deep of sand. wink

hulk's going to bust out of whatever depth sandy puts him under, and with a strength limit of around 85 tons.... tones 100 he still won't be holding a slightly angsty hulk.

XanatosForever
So I see your whole view is that Hulk is in a higher class, therefore he wins...

Um its not just pressure, although there will be at least millions of tonnes of sand on top of him.

As soon as the battle starts, Hulk has no ground to stand on, Sandman will control the sand in the whole area and keep making Hulk sink to the very bottom, wherever that is. Sandman can control the density of all the sand there. He can make it so its not "compact". Hulk won't have any leverage to get out. Think quicksand.

And I see that your point of view is that Sandman is a tactical genius. No offense, but last I checked (and it's been a while, I'll confess) Sandman didn't put a lot of thought into his fights.

If that is all it would take to bring down one of the single most powerful characters in the Marvel universe, why wouldn't he do the same thing with Spidey? It's not like it wouldn't be hard to grab hold of the web-slinger and drag him to a beach, would it?

I'll admit I'm a fairly big Hulk fanboy, but regardless of that, Sandman doesn't have the strength or combat experience to beat World War Hulk. If it were standard Hulk, he might have a chance at stopping him, but not a Hulk, at peak power, that can handle more complex thought processes.

Placidity

If that is all it would take to bring down one of the single most powerful characters in the Marvel universe, why wouldn't he do the same thing with Spidey? It's not like it wouldn't be hard to grab hold of the web-slinger and drag him to a beach, would it?

I'll admit I'm a fairly big Hulk fanboy, but regardless of that, Sandman doesn't have the strength or combat experience to beat World War Hulk. If it were standard Hulk, he might have a chance at stopping him, but not a Hulk, at peak power, that can handle more complex thought processes.

Um, Spiderman would lose vs Sandman at the beach.

I'll say again, Sandman isn't relying on strength. And about being a "tactical genius", why the hell wouldn't he use the whole beach to his advantage in a fight? You don't have to be a genius.

Again, if Sandman buries him, Hulk won't have leverage to get out. Same reason why people die in quicksand.

XanatosForever

Then why doesn't Sandman ever lure him to the beach?

I'll say again, Sandman isn't relying on strength. And about being a "tactical genius", why the hell wouldn't he use the whole beach to his advantage in a fight? You don't have to be a genius.

Sandman's a thug. His idea of advantage is having enough sand to reform as he tries to pummel Hulk, which is a useless endeavor. He might try and trap him in sand on the surface, but the chances of him really thinking the fight out are slim.

Again, if Sandman buries him,

See previous rebuttal.

Hulk won't have leverage to get out. Same reason why people die in quicksand.

If Hulk got buried, he has multiple directions he can choose to maneuver in. If he tries to go up, Sandy keeps the sand shifting. Point to you there. If Hulk tries to go in any other direction, he'll eventually end up out of range of the sand, particularly downwards. Sandman wouldn't be expecting him to move away from the surface, so he wouldn't be exerting as much control in the other directions.

Bouboumaster
Sandman isn't beating someone powerful enough to tear the Earth, literraly, with his own hands.

Thunderclap would be enough.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Sandman isn't beating someone powerful enough to tear the Earth, literraly, with his own hands.

Thunderclap would be enough.

thumb up

Naija boy
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
Wouldn't hulk choke to death when his lungs filled with sand? Because I'm pretty sure the hulk still needs to breath. I mean he might be able to hold his breath for a long time but not forever.

If hulk swallows him, hulkd digestive juices would quickly decompose sandman.

Naija boy
Originally posted by psycho gundam
repairing sakaar comes to mind. whistle

sandman's feeble attempts to subdue hulk (that's all sandy can ever hope to do) are only good for getting himself in the ownage thread.

thumb up

Placidity
How fast can he defecate though? Theres a whole beach's worth.

Serious Impact
WWHulk wins. If Sandy tries to bury him, he thunder claps him away. Even if he got him underground and tried to keep him from getting leverage, Hulk would again, have the ability to just Thunder clap the tons of sand away. While Sandman is reforming, Hulk jumps, climbs, or digs his way out of the now non-controlled sand and then drenches the beach with water, making Sandman much less effective, if not useless.

If Sandman tries to suffocate the Hulk by going in his nose, the Hulk would just literally sneeze him out.

Sandman simply doesn't have the strength to stop the Hulk from thunder clapping whenever the hulk needed to in this fight.

Hulk wins.

Serious Impact
Originally posted by Serious Impact
WWHulk wins. If Sandy tries to bury him, he thunder claps him away. Even if he got him underground and tried to keep him from getting leverage, Hulk would again, have the ability to just Thunder clap the tons of sand away. While Sandman is reforming, Hulk jumps, climbs, or digs his way out of the now non-controlled sand and then drenches the beach with water, making Sandman much less effective, if not useless.

If Sandman tries to suffocate the Hulk by going in his nose, the Hulk would just literally sneeze him out.

Sandman simply doesn't have the strength to stop the Hulk from thunder clapping whenever the hulk needed to in this fight.

Hulk wins.

Don't get me wrong here. This would be a great fight! I would've loved to have seen WWHulk fight Sandman like this. It would've made for a fun comic to read. I just can't see anyway in which WWHulk wouldn't ultimately come out on top. Sandman just isn't in his league...even if he had a whole desert to play with.

Placidity
WWHulk wins. If Sandy tries to bury him, he thunder claps him away. Even if he got him underground and tried to keep him from getting leverage, Hulk would again, have the ability to just Thunder clap the tons of sand away.

Sandman could make Hulk face upside down. Then he can clap all he wants.

While Sandman is reforming, Hulk jumps, climbs, or digs his way out of the now non-controlled sand

Theres no uncontrolled sand. The beach is Sandman. The bottom half is still sandman. Hulk has no leverage to Jump, climb or dig.

and then drenches the beach with water, making Sandman much less effective, if not useless.

Ok assuming Hulk could get out of his sandy grave, which is impossible - How does Hulk drench the entire beach with water? You know how large and long a beach is? Sandman can't be beaten.

Symmetric Chaos
WWH ends up trapped for eternity in a dream world.

Naija boy
The hulk doesnt need leverage. We are talking about someone who has completely changed his direction of movement in midair usin strength alone

chomperx9
on the beach sandman would sink hulk 100s of feet below the sand

psycho gundam
^ than hulk goes bananas and busts out of the sand like a bomb, scattering sandman's form all over the place leaving a huge crater where the beach was.

or hulk simple just digs his way out since he doesn't have to breathe....

Mindset
Or Hulk gets pissed and starts releasing his gamma energy.

psycho gundam
then sandman will be turned into glass again.

XanatosForever

Sandy's got two options against Hulk when he's trying to smother him. He can make the sand loose so Hulk can't climb, or he can compact it to try and keep Hulk in place. In the former case, Hulk has enough movement velocity to TC the sand off. In the latter case, Hulk just moves the sand with brute strength.

Theres no uncontrolled sand. The beach is Sandman. The bottom half is still sandman. Hulk has no leverage to Jump, climb or dig.

Oh, I see where you're going with this. So Sandy's controlling the entirety of the beach, and just trying to bash Hulk around from his torso up. TC deforms him, he reforms and gets TC'd again. If he Sandy tries to trap him, see my above remarks.

Ok assuming Hulk could get out of his sandy grave, which is impossible - How does Hulk drench the entire beach with water?

If Hulk wanted to wet the whole beach, he could. He has more than enough power to bring waves along big enough to cover the whole beach.

You know how large and long a beach is?

Beaches will can vary in size, from a little alcove, to a whole island. Do you know how big a beach Sandy's got to use?

Sandman can't be beaten.

A complete and total matter of opinion that's already been proven otherwise by the fact Spidey womps him on a regular basis.

Serious Impact

If he made him face upside down, than he could use his thunder clap as propulsion to get himself out. Besides, how's he going to get him face down in the first place, force him? I don't think that's going to happen. Of course, this is assuming he can even get him completely under the sand before the hulk thunder claps him away. This is nothing like quick sand. Normal people can't move tons of sand with the slap of their hands like the Hulk can.

Besides, who cares which direction he's facing, he claps and the sand flies way, he reorients himself before it returns and claps again and again, and again. He has the strength to thunder clap no matter how deep he is, or how much sand is around him and he could do it all day until he's where he wants to be.

Oh, and if you say this won't work because the sand is everywhere. Well then, the propulsion ideas works great, since there's plenty of surface for the shock wave to push off of. You can't have it both ways, the sand is either always there, or can be moved away. Either way, he can get out. I won't even go into the details mentioned in other posts about the limited depths of the sand on a beach, which could further be exploited by the Hulk.

Yes, there very well could be uncontrolled sand. Sandman has been knocked unconscious before and the force of the thunder clap from WWHulk could very easily do it. Even if he couldn't, he could scatter the sand so far apart that it would take a while for sandman to reform it all, or discern in all the chaos what sand he still had control of. Plus, while his perception might extend most of the beach, his consciousness isn't everywhere at once while he's in the sand, he still has a "head" somewhere in there. If that was scattered, I seriously doubt that he'd be able to control the sand until it reforms. Judging from all the comics he's been in, he's always talking, thus revealing where his "head" is in the sand. You know he wouldn't be able to resist gloating over his perceived advantage and that would be his undoing.

Final point on this, all that sand he's clapping away, he could be sending into the ocean. If he were to find Sandman's "head" while he's gloating, he could thunder clap his "head" into the ocean and end this very quickly.

Ok assuming Hulk could get out of his sandy grave, which is impossible - How does Hulk drench the entire beach with water? You know how large and long a beach is? Sandman can't be beaten.

He doesn't need to drench the whole beach, just the area of the beach they are fighting on. Even if he could control an entire beach, which I've never seen him capable of doing, the Hulk could drench a large portion of it, using the same technique he's been using all along. He jumps 2 miles out to sea, then Thuder claps underwater. Tidal wave ensues. Rinse, repeat and the beach is drenched. This is assuming he doesn't simply move to another location, taking the fight off the beach and Sandman actually has the guts to follow.

In closing, if Spidey beat's him time and time again, WWHulk most definitely does too. (Sorry, I just had to throw this in stick out tongue). Hulk wins 10/10

tjcoady
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
WWH ends up trapped for eternity in a dream world.

Precisely. Morpheus walks all over the Hulk.

Anyways, this is idiotic. Spiderman treats Sandman like a joke (and by the way, Spiderman HAS fought Sandman in highly...sanded...places. Sandman does have a limit to how much mass he can take in... otherwise he could just manipulate the entire world): Hulk would destroy him in so many ways, through sheer distribution of sand (thunderclapping it away), manipulation of the conveniently placed ocean, or through applying comic book physics, by pounding the sand into glass through the sheer force of his fists or something like that. Dropping the entire beach on hulk would barely slow him down.

chomperx9
Originally posted by tjcoady
Precisely. Morpheus walks all over the Hulk.

Anyways, this is idiotic. Spiderman treats Sandman like a joke (and by the way, Spiderman HAS fought Sandman in highly...sanded...places. Sandman does have a limit to how much mass he can take in... otherwise he could just manipulate the entire world): Hulk would destroy him in so many ways, through sheer distribution of sand (thunderclapping it away), manipulation of the conveniently placed ocean, or through applying comic book physics, by pounding the sand into glass through the sheer force of his fists or something like that. Dropping the entire beach on hulk would barely slow him down. but how is hulk supposed to defeat the entire beach ?

KingD19
By stomping so hard he causes a wave to hit it.....

Mindset
By destroying the Earth

chomperx9
Originally posted by Mindset
By destroying the Earth and why hasn't he done that already ?

KingD19
Well he almost did at the end of the series remember? Two more steps would have separated the eastern seaboard from the rest of America. He wanted them to stop him before he wait for it....BROKE THE WORLD!!!!!

Mindset
and why hasn't he done that already ? Why would he?

Doctor-Alvis

Again, if Sandman buries him, Hulk won't have leverage to get out. Same reason why people die in quicksand.
If anyone dies in quicksand it's because they panic and hurt themselves and/or starve to death. You don't actually sink in quicksand. Also, quicksand is more like a rogue class swamp and not a pit of vacuumous sand like in the cartoons or the desert levels in Mario where that ****ing sun dive bombs you.

leonheartmm
oh LOL, i thought it was morpheus. well wold war hulk wins.

Placidity
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
If anyone dies in quicksand it's because they panic and hurt themselves and/or starve to death. You don't actually sink in quicksand. Also, quicksand is more like a rogue class swamp and not a pit of vacuumous sand like in the cartoons or the desert levels in Mario where that ****ing sun dive bombs you.

Um. Its not normal sand. Sandman is in control.

Priest
WWH punches sandman into a diamond!

wannabe
Originally posted by Priest
WWH punches sandman into a diamond!
It's prety difficult to press someone who's consisting of siliciumoxid into a carbon variation. smart

StiltmanFTW
WWH conjures up some water biscuits

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/6827/worldwarhulkxmen001014b.th.jpg

Doctor-Alvis
Um. Its not normal sand. Sandman is in control.
Um, I still doubt, and have never known him to, change the properties of sand none the less. And no, I don't mean just being loose or dense. Quicksand is quicksand because it's mostly water.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.