Ryu vs Cyborg Ninja(Fox)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Zack Fair
http://animezone.webcontenido.com/fotos-imagenes-anime/ryu-parada.jpgVShttp://www.bobaymark.de/photo/ResinModel/Metal_Gear_Cyborg_Ninja_1.jpg

In a parallel universe Cyborg Ninja was unable to locate Solid Snake/Shadow Moses to fulfill his death wish. Instead he searches for a man known to posess the murderous intent. He learns of the World Warrior tournament and sets out to find his final lethal match against Ryu.

Meanwhile Ryu finishes an opponent with a crushing headbutt that renders his rival unconscious. He receives an invitation to WW and accepts the challenge.

Before encountering any of his usual challengers the ansatsuken "light" martial artist senses someone watching him. Optic camouflage rendering Fox invisible to the naked, untrained eye. Cyborg Ninja comes out of the shadows with a downwards diagonal slash aimed at Ryu's neck. Ryu reacts on instict and dashes sideways while lowering his head, barely dodging the katana. Inmediately rolling backwards and firing a hadouken at the unknown attacker. CN slashes and dices the chi blast with a swing of his blade and introduces himself.

"I have come to challenge you to a duel to the death. "

Ryu doesn't reply. Instead he gets in his familiar fighting stance.

---

Bloodlust. Cyborg Ninja will fight hand to hand.

Discuss.

KingD19
Ninja can hit harder and faster than Ryu. And he has faster moving speed as well. He wins.

niduin
i dont know anything about ryu, but i will do some research and get back with you

Zack Fair
Faster...really? IMO their speed is close. Ryu can dodge bullets while Fox deflects them. Both of them move so fast they become invisible to the human eye.

Fox stopped Rex's stomp and Ryu has lifted boulders weighing over 60 tons(or so they say) Plus Ryu has the durability to stand toe to toe with Fox.

Its not crystal clear IMO.

niduin
well with what you just said i give it to fox, just cuz his strength feats are more impresive and he probably has more durability and he can turn invisible and has a sword

Zack Fair
No camo for Ninja and no sword. Just his speed, durability and strength--which is more than enough. Think of the beginning of his fight with Solid Snake.

KingD19
Remember he knocked human bodies into a steel wall hard enough to dent it very badly, and he held up Metal Gear, which easily weighed more than 60 tons.

And when I say his fighting speed is faster, I mean when he cut that chunk of rock out of the ceiling, it just looked like he was spazzing before the block fell out.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by KingD19
Remember he knocked human bodies into a steel wall hard enough to dent it very badly, and he held up Metal Gear, which easily weighed more than 60 tons.

And when I say his fighting speed is faster, I mean when he cut that chunk of rock out of the ceiling, it just looked like he was spazzing before the block fell out.

IMO Ryu is capable of duplicating that feat. He didn't hold up Metal Gear. He stopped its leg from stomping Snake. Its not like he lifted the entire thing.

In Ties that bind Ryu moved so fast it looks like he is teleporting. No one could follow his tracks, not even Ken who constantly spars with Ryu.

niduin
yeah i still think that fox would win in a fist fight with no invis. lets say that they are the same speed, and lets say that they both are equal fighters (since they are both "the best" of their respected universes) and from what you have said seems to be stronger than ryu so it might be a close one but fox stil wins

Zack Fair
Fair enough.

KingD19
Well, when you've got a walking weapons platform that weighs hundreds of tons, trying to step on you, and you keep it from stepping on you, that's a pretty awesome strength feat. And technically, we're only using game feats, since this is a game forum, but since they don't really show feats in the game, I won't use that.

I do think that Fox would take it as well.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by KingD19
Well, when you've got a walking weapons platform that weighs hundreds of tons, trying to step on you, and you keep it from stepping on you, that's a pretty awesome strength feat. And technically, we're only using game feats, since this is a game forum, but since they don't really show feats in the game, I won't use that.

I do think that Fox would take it as well.

Never said it wasn't impressive. Its actually very impressive and one of my favorite moments ever in the MGSverse.

True that we're bound to game specific stuff, but the thread starter can decide what can be used for debate, and TBH I was thinking of the anime that ties in to SF4 when I was making this.

No problem with you thinking Fox wins.

Though I think Ryu can win as well. He has gone toe to toe with a "man" that has sunk islands. And apparentely he made Gouki go all out when they fought pre SF3.

KingD19
You make good points as well, it's not that I don't think Ryu can ever win, I just think Fox takes a majority.

niduin
yeah this would be a BAAAAD ASSSSSS fight, i mean i do think that in completely ballanced circomstances fox would win but not by much, i mean ryu has a lot of different abilities right like whats it called hidoken or whatever, i would love to see this fight actually, actually now that i think about the techs that ryu knows i might have to change my mind about who wins, but let me think about this for a bit

but check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TXPFgRsVUE
i love this vid

KingD19
Well Ryu's 3 main staple techniques are the:
Hadouken: Kamehameha wave type energy orb/fireball
Tatsumaki Senpuu Kyaku/Hurrican Kick: Where he basically spins around with one foot extended.
Shoryuken/Dragon Punch: The explosive uppercut.
But Grey Fox has all his CQC training, which contains some crazy grabs, takedowns, and holds.

niduin
well you cant claim that fox is a better fighter, ryu is an amazing fighter but they are from diff universes so i say they are equally skilled, but fox is a little stronger (for all we know) and ryu has the hadouken that would give him an upper hand in reall close quarters and thats all this is, but im still deciding if the strength of fox would win over the hadouken

KingD19
Well for someone with Fox's speed, it would be easily dodgeable, and he could more often than not just as easily block it, although I don't know how SF supers factor into this match.

niduin
well it obviously wouldnt be as slow as in game, but also remember we are giving ryu the same speed as fox so he could get fox even if its dodgable, but this is what im thinking about right now i dont knwo who i would pick to win

Zack Fair
Originally posted by niduin
yeah this would be a BAAAAD ASSSSSS fight, i mean i do think that in completely ballanced circomstances fox would win but not by much, i mean ryu has a lot of different abilities right like whats it called hidoken or whatever, i would love to see this fight actually, actually now that i think about the techs that ryu knows i might have to change my mind about who wins, but let me think about this for a bit

but check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2TXPFgRsVUE
i love this vid

I love that video. Shame that he lost, but he was great.

Have you seen Ken vs Raiden?

KingD19
I say, while they're fighting, Bison and Vamp team up, and start wreaking havoc on the world, they two realize that only they can prevent forest fires....I mean stop Bison and Vamp's reign of terror, and they put the fight off to save the world.

niduin
Originally posted by Zack Fair
I love that video. Shame that he lost, but he was great.

Have you seen Ken vs Raiden? no i havent, im not familiar with sf, but everytime i watch that vid i want to but i will now look it up

Zack Fair
well it obviously wouldnt be as slow as in game, but also remember we are giving ryu the same speed as fox so he could get fox even if its dodgable, but this is what im thinking about right now i dont knwo who i would pick to win

We're not giving him the same speed. Ryu already is that fast in the canon SF storyline.

And I agree. The hadouken would be useless at a distance because it pretty much moves as fast as a bullet--or so I've been told by darkstorm zero or someone else I forgot(sorry) However in close quarters it can be useful.

niduin
damn raiden is a bad ass fighter

niduin
Originally posted by Zack Fair
We're not giving him the same speed. Ryu already is that fast in the canon SF storyline.

And I agree. The hadouken would be useless at a distance because it pretty much moves as fast as a bullet--or so I've been told by darkstorm zero or someone else I forgot(sorry) However in close quarters it can be useful. when i said that we are giving him i didnt mean that he was slow, i just meant that we dont know for sure that he is as fast as fox, but im sure he is at least close to his speed thats why i just said the same speed

Zack Fair
when i said that we are giving him i didnt mean that he was slow, i just meant that we dont know for sure that he is as fast as fox, but im sure he is at least close to his speed thats why i just said the same speed

Gotcha.

Off Topic: If you really want to seen an amazing fight watch Akuma vs Chameleon

niduin
cant really watch videos atm, im converting a movie so i can put it on my ps3 and its taking all my cpu, i can barely do this

KingD19
This is what a debate should be, a friendly argument with actual facts and feats, not just a bunch of angry people saying someone would win because they are teh uber. And I will watch that fight. By the way guys, I just saw that movie Role Models, and I think I may become a LARPer, I mean, I already rp online, and I paintball, plus I'm a pretty good fighter, so why not?

niduin
whoever makes these vids loves sf, cuz they always win

Zack Fair
Street Fighters are the good guys in those videos. That is why they win with PIS. Anyways we can discuss them in the off-topic thread.

ScreamPaste
Chameleon should have won, he was destroying. .. I like MK better than SF. =P

TricksterPriest
It's kind of nerfing Fox if we deny him the sword and camo, but it probably falls under CIS.

niduin
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's kind of nerfing Fox if we deny him the sword and camo, but it probably falls under CIS. well fox would not use the sword if ryu was not using a weapon, but he might use his camo, but its more interesting without it lol

Zack Fair
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
It's kind of nerfing Fox if we deny him the sword and camo, but it probably falls under CIS.

So who do you think wins?

ThunderGodEneru
Honestly Ryu should have more impressive feats under his belt than the ones he has, actually being able to hold his own against Gouki...

But that does show he can take Fox's punches without a doubt.

niduin
yeah i think that i would say that ryu wins, cuz being a little stronger would do verry little in this battle, if ryu didnt have his techs then i would say fox just cuz he would be able to overpower him (BARELY) in some situations, and honestly the more i think about it fox isnt exactly known to be the greatest martial artist just a the best agent in fox hound, and they are primarly sneaking missions, so i say ryu is a better fighter and with his hadouken should win, but not that easy it would still be an awesome fight both would be hurting at the end, but ultimately fox dies

KingD19
Well, to be a good foxhound agent, you have to be good at fighting, CQC is Fox's fighting style, just like Snake and Boss, he was an awesome hand to hand fighter.

niduin
thats true but tha wasnt his specialty, ryu is a martial artist

KingD19
Also true, but I think his speed and strength are enough of a compensation for his lack of fighting skills compared to Ryu, however small it may be.

Plus in the middle of the fight, he might go ape shit, which will freak Ryu out just enough for him to edge out the win.

niduin
eh i dont think anything can freak ryu out, just from what he has gone against, and the only thing that fox has against ryu is strength ryu is pretty much as fast as fox

KingD19
If you're fighting a guy, then you break out in spasms, and shout HURT ME!!! at the top of your lungs, it might freak him out juuust a lil bit. And when I said he had speed, I meant Grey Fox's reaction time and fighting speed will allow him to keep up and fight on even ground with Ryu, who has better techniques and fighting experience.

niduin
yeah but he only was saying hurt me more to snake because it was nestalgic for him. but i really really wish i could watch this fight, it would be long and bad ass

Zack Fair
131 Glad ye like it.

BTW I think Gouki would have been a lot more scary/intimidating to Ryu. Fighting the man that he believed killed his master. The man trying to seduce into giving in to the satsui no hadou.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.