Disney Nature: Earth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

edwinian
DisneyNature ( a new production arm of Disney that is going to do documentaries) is coming out with one called Earth . I loved the Planet Earth series, and this is from the same director. They follow a family of elephants, whales, and polar bears for a year. It's going to be in wide release, so I'm glad I'll have a chance to check this out in theaters. Anyone else big lately on the nature earth footage stuff?

jaden101
Don't bother. It's just a recut of footage from the series and put onto big screen.

MildPossession
Come to Britain and watch Planet Earth, PERFECTTTTTTTTTT.

jaden101
Originally posted by MildPossession
Come to Britain and watch Planet Earth, PERFECTTTTTTTTTT.

Something about David Attenborough's voice?

MildPossession
Of course!

edwinian
Originally posted by jaden101
Don't bother. It's just a recut of footage from the series and put onto big screen.

Yea they take some footage from Planet Earth, but they're also adding in never before scene stuff to help them shape their story. And I'm also looking forward to having James Earl Jones do the narration. He's got tat deep boistrus voice that I think will work well.

MildPossession
Not as well as Attenboroughs!

crystallake
I'll admit, the trailer DID kinda make me want to see this - but what's with the name? Why not just go back to the old "Tru-Life Adventures" brand?

WhoopeeDee
I was a big fan of nature films on IMAX. After I got my 37" HD toshiba I stopped going.....with the help of HDMI and Animal Planet and National Geographic....I stay home.

Whom am I kidding? IMAX is the shit. thumb up

edwinian
Originally posted by crystallake
I'll admit, the trailer DID kinda make me want to see this - but what's with the name? Why not just go back to the old "Tru-Life Adventures" brand?

Well I know this new brand DisneyNature was created as a way to honor Walt Disney, who was a big nature buff. However, since it's a new arm that will be doing films focused on nature, they wanted to create a new original documentary different then the Tru-Life Adventures. Here's a nice recap by someone who attended an early screening of the film with a Q&A from the directors. Seems like the movie will have more of a story feel than the Planet Earth series, which I think will make the theater going experience a bit more engaging.

Nemesis X
A movie that shows nothing but nature. Rated H for hippies.

MildPossession
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz to above post.

edwinian
Originally posted by Nemesis X
A movie that shows nothing but nature. Rated H for hippies.

I mean it's not like it pushes and "hippie" values on it's viewers, I just find it hard to believe that anyone who saw this movie on the big screen wouldn't be impressed by some of the imagery, hippie or not.

wiseflickguy
Anyone seen it? Heard it was pretty good. Like Planet Earth, but a movie

jaden101
YARP

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f2/t505148.html

MildPossession
Tyr teh saerch fnuciton

wiseflickguy
Thanks for the link. "Earth" was too common a term to find the relevant movie

strongmind
"EARTH" teaches us that we can plant a tree every year

jamesjack
Yeah really! Thanks for sharing the link

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.