could anikan have been more powerfull

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Storm
could anikan have been more powerfull, because of his low rank of jedi knight, he wouldnt have much accses to the jedi libary, what are ur thoughts?

oh, gideon i like that essay, and is what made me make this topic

mattatom
Originally posted by Darth Storm
could anikan have been more powerfull, because of his low rank of jedi knight, he wouldnt have much accses to the jedi libary, what are ur thoughts?

oh, gideon i like that essay, and is what made me make this topic

If you remember correctly he was also put on the council therefore he has greater access to the archives, if they are limited in levels? (Anyone help me out).

Also hows more access to the archives going to make him more powerful?

Captain REX
I don't think it would, unless you just mean studying archived methods of Force-usage.

Major Valerian
Access to the archives or not, Anakin would've become way more powerful.

Barringer
Anakin would have become what Luke has become in the post-ROTJ Expanded Universe.

I don't believe Anakin had further access to restricted holocrons when he was put on the council. He wanted access to them to figure out how to save Padme, but to access them you need to be a master. That's why he was very upset when he wasn't made a master.

Darth Storm
dont forget he stillvhad a master

Lord Lucien
When Anakin became a Knight, Obi-Wan wasn't technically his Master. And according to the RoTS novelization, Anakin was all pissy after being appointed to the Council not really because he didn't get to be a Master, but because having that rank would grant him access to the archives and holocrons. He had hoped to find a "cure" for Padme in them.

CadoAngelus
Anakin could have been more powerful. he was extremely powerful as he was as a jedi, and when he become vader he had the potential to become even greater.

Shame Obi-Wan deprived him of his legs really aye...and left him to burn, poor sod

Lord Lucien
By crikey.

darthbane99
Yes i agree,anakin would certainly be able to have access to forbid jedi arts.
There is a limit to what you can access,only masters can access jedi archives. As for anakin being more powerful in all...what if the knowledge he want and what if he already had enough power and didnt know it? Perhaps learning tricks in the force could of guaranteed his omnipotent powers,and save pademe.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by darthbane99
Yes i agree,anakin would certainly be able to have access to forbid jedi arts.
There is a limit to what you can access,only masters can access jedi archives. As for anakin being more powerful in all...what if the knowledge he want and what if he already had enough power and didnt know it? Perhaps learning tricks in the force could of guaranteed his omnipotent powers,and save pademe.

even if he could have saved padme, he would of got paranoid and tried to kill her because she said she didnt like what he'd become. the reason he became like his blood thirsty sith self was because of his hunger for power and omnipotence. either way, his learning of 'forbidden arts' would have been in vein...

darthbane99
Hmmm....yes i can see that,but power works both ways,if vader learned the powers he yet could still use them for "good"...its not all inherently bad he just needs to be watched over more during training.

It was always hard to foresee anakins path,nobody could have know that he would turn to darkness,and what if that darkness wasnt at all of the sith? What was anakin then? A jedi the whole time. Which means...owning up to his responsibility of power.

Yet part of him wa always attached and is the reason why he became a blood thirsty prince of darkness. Never the less noone could have known what vader really was,just like reaven,vaders fall was necessary to prevent the premature destruction of luke.

LordPrydon
Anakin's force power was greatly limited by his deprivation of certain body parts at the hands of Obi-Wan in ROTS. GL said so. In the film also the Emperor said Vader (Anakin) would become more powerful than either he or Yoda.

Lord Lucien
Twice as.

LordPrydon
Did he say twice? have to get out my DVD and go back and rewatch that scene, but I'm sure your right.

Lord Lucien
Lucas said that if Anakin had gone unhindered that he would have been twice as powerful as Palpatine. But whether that calculates DE Palpatine, I don't know.

LordPrydon
Hmm interesting......I think the only real drawback for anakin was his lack of control.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.