Superman Vs Hancock

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperkatmanX
Please could someone just agree with me that
Hancock can not beat Superman EVER. Whats this world
coming to.

emporerpants
superman crushes hancock.

nightmare08
Hancock will kill superman

SuperkatmanX
i dont see Hancock lifting 200 Quitillion (spelling?) pounds, Hoisting about 15 planets behind him with a chain.. Hancock can suck my ballsacks.

nightmare08
Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
i dont see Hancock lifting 200 Quitillion (spelling?) pounds, Hoisting about 15 planets behind him with a chain.. Hancock can suck my ballsacks.

Well I can see him do that since he does have super stregth

jalek moye
Originally posted by nightmare08
Well I can see him do that since he does have super stregth
so does collusus and he cant do that

nightmare08
Originally posted by jalek moye
so does collusus and he cant do that

Were not talking about collusus were talking about hancock. Collusus doesn't have stregth like superman or hancock. He gets some stregth from when he turns his body into metal. Not nearly as much as superman or hancock.

Plus you don't know if hancock can't do it

jalek moye
Were not talking about collusus were talking about hancock. Collusus doesn't have stregth like superman or hancock. He gets some stregth from when he turns his body into metal. Not nearly as much as superman or hancock.

Plus you don't know if hancock can't do it
we base on what hancock has done. if he hasnt shown it we cant use it. Therefore superman man wins because he has much better feats

nightmare08
we base on what hancock has done. if he hasnt shown it we cant use it. Therefore superman man wins because he has much better feats

That doesn't mean he wins. That's like saying hancock wins because he's not affected by kriptinite and all he needs to do is use kriptinite against superman. But its your opinion. I wouldnt mind seeing those two go head to head in a fight.

KingD19
Colossus also can't fly into space, so bringing him into this conversation is really a moot point.

jalek moye
That doesn't mean he wins. That's like saying hancock wins because he's not affected by kriptinite and all he needs to do is use kriptinite against superman. But its your opinion. I wouldnt mind seeing those two go head to head in a fight.
actually it does mean he wins. he has demostarting speed strength, and durabilty far beyond anything hancock has shown. So he wins unless he gets more feats.
The krytonite point doesnt matter cuz they would fight in a nuetral universe and its kryptonite wouldnt effect him.

KingD19
Well, as far as feats go Superman wins, but we can only use movie Superman, since only Hancock was in a movie. However, should Hancock 2 be released, and Hancock gets more amazing feats, then this conversation will begin again.

nightmare08
Originally posted by KingD19
Colossus also can't fly into space, so bringing him into this conversation is really a moot point.

My point exactly

jalek moye
Well, as far as feats go Superman wins, but we can only use movie Superman, since only Hancock was in a movie. However, should Hancock 2 be released, and Hancock gets more amazing feats, then this conversation will begin again.
they didnt specify movie superman. So i assumed they meant comic one which would be completly spite in supermans favor

KingD19
Well, you can't base a comics character against a movie character, since so much more can be done in comics. It has to be movie vs movie, and comic vs comic.

Robtard
Hancock is black, he wins.

jalek moye
Well, you can't base a comics character against a movie character, since so much more can be done in comics. It has to be movie vs movie, and comic vs comic.
what you can put whoever against who ever. Unless specifed we go by comic superman sicne its the comic forum

KingD19
Apparently you don't get it, having a movie character going against a comic character is spite. In the comics Superman has moved planets, busted a moon, etc... And until Hancock can put more feats under his belt, it's really unfair to put him against Comic Superman, or even movie Superman.

SuperkatmanX

No its Hancock vs Superman period

SuperkatmanX
Seriously i dont think in any universe they would allow Hancock to be more powerful then Superman, Hancock is a rip off of Superman.

ThunderGodEneru
Apparently you don't get it, having a movie character going against a comic character is spite. In the comics Superman has moved planets, busted a moon, etc... And until Hancock can put more feats under his belt, it's really unfair to put him against Comic Superman, or even movie Superman. In the movie Superman has turned back time by flying around the planet, moved faster than light, and lifted a small continent surrounded by Kryptonite with Kryptonite jabbed in his side, and immediately after survived orbital re-entry.

It is spite no matter how you look at it.

nightmare08
Seriously i dont think in any universe they would allow Hancock to be more powerful then Superman, Hancock is a rip off of Superman.

How?

SuperkatmanX
How?

your tellin me that when you watched the movie, it didnt relate back to Superman at all? apart from him being black

KingD19
Well many of Superman's powers are from the "Generic" Power Set.
Flight, Invulnerability, Super Speed, Super Strength, even energy projection in the form of heat vision and frost breath. There are many people who have these powers. You can't really say he's a clone of Superman unless he's a character like Gladiator, or Sentry, or Hyperion, who are obvious copies. Hancock is just a guy who can fly really fast, can hit really hard, can lift a whole lot, and is basically impossible to hurt.

KingD19
And the only reason people think of all of these as copies of Superman, is because he was the 1st. Apparently, everyone is a copy of everyone else then. Black Lightning/Electro, Wolverine/Midnighter, Deadpool/Deathstroke, etc....

The Pict
Superman has Hancock beat because Hancock simply doesn't have the feats to match. Or the experience for that matter.
Besides didn't he feel the heat from an apartment fire? That suggests his durability isn't too high.

Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
In the movie Superman has turned back time by flying around the planet, moved faster than light, and lifted a small continent surrounded by Kryptonite with Kryptonite jabbed in his side, and immediately after survived orbital re-entry.

It is spite no matter how you look at it.

thumb up

Robtard
Negro flew to the Moon and back, I think his durability is high.

KingD19
Yeah, just because you feel something, doesn't mean it hurt you. I could feel the heat radiating off of a campfire, does that mean it hurt me? No, it just means I felt it. Who says Superman didn't feel it when that mini gun was going off on his chest, maybe he felt it, it was just not enough to hurt him.

nightmare08
your tellin me that when you watched the movie, it didnt relate back to Superman at all? apart from him being black

A lot of superheros have the powers that superman have. So u can't say he's a rip off of superman. They both come from different backgrounds

SuperkatmanX
A lot of superheros have the powers that superman have. So u can't say he's a rip off of superman. They both come from different backgrounds

Super strength, Super speed, Flight and something that makes him powerless.. That's what weve seen so far and also practically invulnerable

nightmare08
Super strength, Super speed, Flight and something that makes him powerless.. That's what weve seen so far and also practically invulnerable

I didn't see hancock with super speed.

jalek moye
this should be closed for really bad spite

KingD19
He has super sonic flight, but on the ground, I don't think he has super running speed.

SuperkatmanX
this should be closed for really bad spite

I don't understand why?

KingD19
Superman has so many high level feats compared to Hancock, is basically spite. And while Hancock very well could be on Supe's level, until they give him as many movies, with as many feats, it's basically unfair. It's like putting Toyman in a hand to hand fight with Thor.

jalek moye
I don't understand why?
everything hancock did superman could do only like a thousand times easier

SuperkatmanX
Superman has so many high level feats compared to Hancock, is basically spite. And while Hancock very well could be on Supe's level, until they give him as many movies, with as many feats, it's basically unfair. It's like putting Toyman in a hand to hand fight with Thor.

But from what weve seen,, Superman would just kick Hancocks arse with ease right? Im talking even pre crisis...

SuperkatmanX
everything hancock did superman could do only like a thousand times easier

These are the comments for why i made this thread,, me and a couple mates have been debating on this, myself being a huge Superman fan and knowing all the things he can do, believe this is no match. But they seem to think Hancock would win because apparently you couldnt kill him. And ive looked up a couple other threads which seem to think the same thing. i might have to watch the movie again before i make the next post

KingD19
Well, he was basically invulnerable until he came into contact with his mate, if she wasn't around, he was pretty much unstoppable.

And you can't compare Hancock and comic Supes, only movie Supes, movie Supes still has more feats than him. And like I said, until he gets Hancock 2, with huge feats, then Superman automatically is stronger, but there is a possibility that Hancock can't be harmed unless he's around another of his own kind.

jalek moye
Well, he was basically invulnerable until he came into contact with his mate, if she wasn't around, he was pretty much unstoppable.

And you can't compare Hancock and comic Supes, only movie Supes, movie Supes still has more feats than him. And like I said, until he gets Hancock 2, with huge feats, then Superman automatically is stronger, but there is a possibility that Hancock can't be harmed unless he's around another of his own kind.
just because hancock cant get harmed by the low grade human weaponry used in the film doesn't mean that he can't get harmed by stuff on supermans level. He's so far beyond the weaponry used in that film, and so far beyond the strikes of the girl. Because when they first got into the fight they didn't seem to be losing their powers just yet, infact the sure nature of it seemed to change at the end of the movie.

KingD19
In the movie Superman hasn't really gone up against anything threatening to anyone with any level of super strength and endurance, except Zod, his flunkies, and Kryptonite. In the newest movie some guy shot hot lead into his chest with a minigun for a minute or so, Hancock could have take that just as easily.

jalek moye
In the movie Superman hasn't really gone up against anything threatening to anyone with any level of super strength and endurance, except Zod, his flunkies, and Kryptonite. In the newest movie some guy shot hot lead into his chest with a minigun for a minute or so, Hancock could have take that just as easily.
its comic superman what dont you get about it. He said superman he means comic one, unless specified we always use comic versions

KingD19
You don't understand, you can't compare a comic with years behind it's belt, to a single movie. While it's unfair either way, it's better to compare the newest, or even all the Superman movies against Hancock. That's like putting the movie X-Men against the comic X-Men, it's not fair, get it yet?

jalek moye
You don't understand, you can't compare a comic with years behind it's belt, to a single movie. While it's unfair either way, it's better to compare the newest, or even all the Superman movies against Hancock. That's like putting the movie X-Men against the comic X-Men, it's not fair, get it yet? doesn't matter the thread isnt about movie superman it's comic superman. So that doesn't apply, the thread isn't movie superman

KingD19
Well that's not 100%, this is a Superman thread, where movie Superman and Comic Superman can be used, since they discuss the movie superman here too. So unless the thread starter states it's comic Superman, then I say it's movie Superman.

jalek moye
Well that's not 100%, this is a Superman thread, where movie Superman and Comic Superman can be used, since they discuss the movie superman here too. So unless the thread starter states it's comic Superman, then I say it's movie Superman.
its the comic forum. and it's always comic as standard here. You have to specify for movie not comics

SuperkatmanX

Ive already quoted this before.. Superman (any type) vs Hancock.
I started the thread for all the people who say Hancock could beat Superman which i believe is untrue

Trackz
if everyone agrees comic superman would win, why continue debating him at all. Movie vs. Movie, Hancock should win seeing as superman pulls his punches and Hancock doesnt really,

nightmare08
doesn't matter the thread isnt about movie superman it's comic superman. So that doesn't apply, the thread isn't movie superman

He didn't say anything about comic book superman, he said SUPERMAN!!!!!!! So he can be talking about comic and movie.. If he was just talking about comic superman vs hancock wouldn't really make sence because hancock doesn't have a comic

super pr*xy
superman in the comics was a god during the pre-crisis times. DC had to invent an event that threatened the universe to dial that power down. comic book superman would make compost out of hancock. this is undeniable. having said that, superman's feat in "returns" can be summarized as catching a crashing plane, traveling fast around the globe, lifting a boat, lifting an island and stopping a bullet with his eyeball. seems like crap display of superman's abilities.. however, hancock lifted an escalade and drew a heart on the moon.. you do the math...

nightmare08
Originally posted by super pr*xy
superman in the comics was a god during the pre-crisis times. DC had to invent an event that threatened the universe to dial that power down. comic book superman would make compost out of hancock. this is undeniable. having said that, superman's feat in "returns" can be summarized as catching a crashing plane, traveling fast around the globe, lifting a boat, lifting an island and stopping a bullet with his eyeball. seems like crap display of superman's abilities.. however, hancock lifted an escalade and drew a heart on the moon.. you do the math...

Well hancock also stoped bullets when he got shot like 20 times in the face, threw a big a** whale into the ocean, stoped a train just buy standing on the tracks, and more. I know that doesnt compare to the stuff that superman has did since super man has comics and like 4 movies. But if there is gonna be a hancock 2 I believe we will see him do a lot more amazing things.

Wei Phoenix

Defend how he is a rip off of Superman.

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Defend how he is a rip off of Superman.

Ive already said it somewhere. Super strength, Super speed, Flight, invulnerability and something that makes him lose his powers.

Something that i dont like about Hancock is that,, if they are so powerful (even powerful enough to be against superman). Why did it only take a couple hundred metres away from the girl for him to regain his powers.. If their kind is so superior wouldnt they be feeling each others power from like galaxies away.
Im talking if this guy can actually beat superman. I highly doubt it tho.

KingD19
You only lose your powers when you're close to another of your kind, similar to how Superman only gets weak when he's close to kryptonite.

SuperkatmanX
You only lose your powers when you're close to another of your kind, similar to how Superman only gets weak when he's close to kryptonite.

point takin

Wei Phoenix
Ive already said it somewhere. Super strength, Super speed, Flight, invulnerability and something that makes him lose his powers.

Something that i dont like about Hancock is that,, if they are so powerful (even powerful enough to be against superman). Why did it only take a couple hundred metres away from the girl for him to regain his powers.. If their kind is so superior wouldnt they be feeling each others power from like galaxies away.
Im talking if this guy can actually beat superman. I highly doubt it tho.

Thats a pretty weak argument there. A lot of people have super strength, flight and durability. Claiming that he is a rip off because he has a weakness is just plain retarded. If you want to get technical then Superman ripped off Captain Marvel. Superman couldn't fly at first and he really wasn't super strong at all. IIRC he used to struggle with lifting a car. When creating a super hero those are 5 of the staple abilities to give one.

He doesn't fly like Supes, nor does he have a cape, HV, he is amnesiac, not an alien, etc. A lot of heroes have those 5 stated abilities and they are not Supes rip offs. Please try to make a better case on how he is a rip off.

KingD19
You are correct Phoenix, and while Hancock isn't an alien, he is an artificially created, or some type of being like that.

SuperkatmanX
Thats a pretty weak argument there. A lot of people have super strength, flight and durability. Claiming that he is a rip off because he has a weakness is just plain retarded. If you want to get technical then Superman ripped off Captain Marvel. Superman couldn't fly at first and he really wasn't super strong at all. IIRC he used to struggle with lifting a car. When creating a super hero those are 5 of the staple abilities to give one.

He doesn't fly like Supes, nor does he have a cape, HV, he is amnesiac, not an alien, etc. A lot of heroes have those 5 stated abilities and they are not Supes rip offs. Please try to make a better case on how he is a rip off.

How can something being the first rip off something else.. doesnt make sense.. and when was this? superman couldnt fly at first?

nightmare08

That's what I tried telling him before but I don't think he will ever get it. You made very good points

KingD19
Actually, Supes was created in 1932, Marvel followed a few years after, 1939, however, when Superman was first created, it took him a good amount of struggle to get a car over his head. And the whole, leap tall buildings in a single bound, that was because he couldn't fly at the time. Notice they dropped it once he could fly.

Wei Phoenix
How can something being the first rip off something else.. doesnt make sense.. and when was this? superman couldnt fly at first?

Recite the old Superman monologue thingy.

Faster than a speeding bullet.
More powerful than a locomotive
Able to LEAP tall buildings in a single bound.

Marvel was the first to fly and Superman barely had super strength in the beginning. Classic Captain Marvel outshined Superman in the beginning IIRC. Hancock didn't steal anything from Superman, Superman wasn't even the first strong hero IIRC. If you want to get technical then the notion of someone having super strength and durability dates back to Greek Mythology seeing as Hercules had both.

You can claim Gladiator is a rip off/tribute to Superman. Its pretty obvious too, but you can't say that Hancock is a rip off when they are nothing alike outside of basic powers for a standard Super Hero. How interesting do you think a super hero story would be if the guy couldn't fly, have super durability/strength or speed? You may as well call the movie "Regular Guy does stuff!"

Your logic of a rip off is bad. I guess Batman and everyone else with Man in their name is a rip off as well.

Wei Phoenix
Actually, Supes was created in 1932, Marvel followed a few years after, 1939, however, when Superman was first created, it took him a good amount of struggle to get a car over his head. And the whole, leap tall buildings in a single bound, that was because he couldn't fly at the time. Notice they dropped it once he could fly.

True, I wasn't saying that Superman took all of his abilities from him or anything. I was saying Marvel was the first to fly IIRC. However like I said they all ripped off the Greek and Roman Gods. Superman took Hercules' strength, Hermes speed and whant not.

SuperkatmanX
i just watched Hancock again, and yea Hancock is no match even for movie superman his no way near as strong,, for instants when the train was moving towards him he had to lean forward to obsorb more impact where as superman could just stand there, and also when he was getting shot to the face his head was moving around as if it was from the impact wher as superman gets shot in the eye with out it even rippling,, and whats this about his ass being burnt by the fire supermans heat ray would cut him in 2. Superman would break Hancock inhalf literally

Wei Phoenix
i just watched Hancock again, and yea Hancock is no match even for movie superman his no way near as strong,, for instants when the train was moving towards him he had to lean forward to obsorb more impact where as superman could just stand there, and also when he was getting shot to the face his head was moving around as if it was from the impact wher as superman gets shot in the eye with out it even rippling,, and whats this about his ass being burnt by the fire supermans heat ray would cut him in 2. Superman would break Hancock inhalf literally

Man you are full of fail. No were was it stated that he had to lean forward, he just did it. The same result would've happened if he just stood there or bent over. Hancock can't be hurt by bullets or explosives, they bounce right off of him as was shown during the bank robbery. His ass wasn't burnt IIRC his clothes caught on fire.

SuperkatmanX
bullets bounce of metal doesnt mean it cant be ripped apart,, why did he lean forward when the train came for him where was it stated that he could of taken the train bending over? if he hadnt lent in the train would of probably pushed him back im not saying it would hurt him, and he even said to the guy i had a hot arse thas why he was going for the ice cream.
Maybe you should watch the movie again.

Magee
Is this comic or movie Superman? Does any one really think Hancock could beat either one?

Tra-EL
Hancock? Are you ****ing serious? What's next? Mighty Mouse?

Hancock, like someone said, is a rip off of both Superman, AND X-Men, with that damn suite. His wife obviously had the powers of Storm, and even though Hancock could fly, and bullets bounced off of him, and he stood in front of a train.. doesn't mean he is nowhere NEAR the capability of Superman. Didn't his wife mention that she was even stronger than Hancock was? So overall, SHE can take Supes?

What hurt Hancock anyway? Wasn't it something like him and his wife being too close to each other at a long period of time? All Superman has to do is find the ***** with his Super-Speed and sniff her out whereever she is, and hold her in front of Hancock before they are both ready to die, and then Supes would be like okay, you think your bad? Back in the bar, wannabe. OVER.

Come on..

nightmare08
bullets bounce of metal doesnt mean it cant be ripped apart,, why did he lean forward when the train came for him where was it stated that he could of taken the train bending over? if he hadnt lent in the train would of probably pushed him back im not saying it would hurt him, and he even said to the guy i had a hot arse thas why he was going for the ice cream.

Idk why you ate comparing metal to hancock because bullets can go through metal. Like phoenix said bullets bounce right off hancock causing him no harm. A rocket launcher bounced off of hancock and you can't say that a rocket launcher can bounce off of metal. And he wasn't harmed by the fire. His clothes were all burnt and he might have felt the heat but he wasn't harmed.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Tra-EL

Hancock, like someone said, is a rip off of both Superman, AND X-Men, with that damn suite. His wife obviously had the powers of Storm, and even though Hancock could fly, and bullets bounced off of him, and he stood in front of a train.. doesn't mean he is nowhere NEAR the capability of Superman. Didn't his wife mention that she was even stronger than Hancock was? So overall, SHE can take Supes?

What hurt Hancock anyway? Wasn't it something like him and his wife being too close to each other at a long period of time? All Superman has to do is find the ***** with his Super-Speed and sniff her out whereever she is, and hold her in front of Hancock before they are both ready to die, and then Supes would be like okay, you think your bad? Back in the bar, wannabe. OVER.

Come on..

Failure once again. I'm going to ask you to tell me how he is a rip off of Superman and the X-Men. I'll admit his new costume looks like the Wolverine one from the movies but that is about it. You also didn't pay attention to the movie. She did not have any storm powers. That storm was the product of their powers clashing in that fight. His strength is comparable to movie Superman. The guy effortlessly lifted a beached whale and chucked him far into the ocean.

His wife isn't stronger than him, she just said that. She wasn't whooping him in that fight.

Yeah his wife is his weakness, a weakness that can't be exploited unless they want to get close to each other. He can blitz away from her at whenever he wants. Since you want to play it that way then all Hancock would have to do is sniff out some green rock and give it to Superman.

He leaned forward because he wanted to. He was an ******* who didn't think logically at that time. It was never stated that he had to brace himself so don't say that he has to. Durability is durability no matter how you position yourself.

If you are talking about that thing he said to the guy that was pretty much off screen then yeah, that doesn't even count. I'll rewatch it to see exactly what you are talking about but just because one's ass is on fire does not mean that he is being hurt or weak against fire. You can cover Superman in gasoline and set him on fire and he will burn, but he will not feel pain or show burn marks.

nightmare08

Come on.. How is he a rip off of super man and X-men? That's like saying everyone superhero is a rip off of another superhero. You people have yet to give a good reason or a reason that makes sence why hancock is a rip of superman. And hancock became weak when he start falling in love with the girl. When he was around her at first there wasn't any signs of him becoming weak.

emporerpants
well, hancock DID need to cool down. but anyway, movie hancock simply doesn't have the feats to come anywhere close to movie superman. sorry, but hancock simply loses and loses hard until he gets some better feats. end of story.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by emporerpants
well, hancock DID need to cool down. but anyway, movie hancock simply doesn't have the feats to come anywhere close to movie superman. sorry, but hancock simply loses and loses hard until he gets some better feats. end of story.

You would want to cool down as well if you were on fire. Just because it doesn't hurt him doesn't mean he wants to just walk around on fire all the time. I think this is about Superman Returns vs Hancock. Returns isn't connected to the other ones IIRC so all of his old movie feats don't count here, but I may be wrong. Just so we are all clear on where I stand,

Comic Superman beats Hancock
Movie Superman loses.

emporerpants
superman returns superman still wins. hancock has nothing that comes close to superman lifting an island made out of kryptonite with a piece of kryptonite stuck in his side. again, until hancock 2 comes out and he gets some more feats, hancock loses.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by emporerpants
superman returns superman still wins. hancock has nothing that comes close to superman lifting an island made out of kryptonite with a piece of kryptonite stuck in his side. again, until hancock 2 comes out and he gets some more feats, hancock loses.

I didn't see Returns but my friend said that he did that after sundipping. Is that true?

Tra-EL
He is a rip-off of Superman because what the movie Hancock is about, has already been DONE in Superman already.

It's supposed to be compared to Superman anyway by the way he DOESN'T care about his heroism. I'm not talking about the plot (which is only in reverse to the Superman story) but he is a rip-off, PERIOD. Open your eyes. He can #1- Fly. # 2. He has Super Strength and # 3: Invulnerably.. he as ALL the credentials of Superman but yet, the whole movie was supposed to point out that he ISN'T Superman. ( A drunk, broken down fool who doesn't give two shits about anything.) The only thing different is that he doesn't wear a cape, is black, and sports a Wolverine outfit.

Give up on the Kryptonite thing. After ALL THESE YEARS, the most famous master mind of his time, who is far beyond and above any other human being who calls themselves a genius and builds forces and freaks of nature just to HURT Superman in LEX LUTHOR, can't even bring Superman down when it comes to the Green Rock. What makes you think that Hancock can 'sniff' out Kryptonite and simply just 'hand it over' to Superman when he can't even dress himself? Superman has been battling Kryptonite since it has ever come into existence. With Hancock's stubbornness, and jock like attitude, he may even be Superman's easiest opponent to date!

Tra-EL
In a way, once I think of it, Hancock's version of being a Super-hero kind of reminds me of 'Kingdom Come' storyline.

A fresh new line of hero's who did things their way and didn't give a hell about what the real hero's before them did to earn that right to be a hero. Of course, it was the Justice League/Society of America, led by Superman, who took care of business in the end.

At the end of Hancock, I understand he see's the light and does whatever he needs to do to save the people, esp. his wife. But watching it in FULL made me think that this guy is an abortion of Super-hero's. It took him THIS long to understand the meaning? What a fruit-cake.

Wei Phoenix
He is a rip-off of Superman because what the movie Hancock is about, has already been DONE in Superman already.

It's supposed to be compared to Superman anyway by the way he DOESN'T care about his heroism. I'm not talking about the plot (which is only in reverse to the Superman story) but he is a rip-off, PERIOD. Open your eyes. He can #1- Fly. # 2. He has Super Strength and # 3: Invulnerably.. he as ALL the credentials of Superman but yet, the whole movie was supposed to point out that he ISN'T Superman. ( A drunk, broken down fool who doesn't give two shits about anything.) The only thing different is that he doesn't wear a cape, is black, and sports a Wolverine outfit.

Give up on the Kryptonite thing. After ALL THESE YEARS, the most famous master mind of his time, who is far beyond and above any other human being who calls themselves a genius and builds forces and freaks of nature just to HURT Superman in LEX LUTHOR, can't even bring Superman down when it comes to the Green Rock. What makes you think that Hancock can 'sniff' out Kryptonite and simply just 'hand it over' to Superman when he can't even dress himself? Superman has been battling Kryptonite since it has ever come into existence. With Hancock's stubbornness, and jock like attitude, he may even be Superman's easiest opponent to date!

1. Superman wasn't the first hero to fly.
2. Superman copied off of Hercules for having super strength and invulnerability. Almost every superhero has those 4 things.

Doom trumps Lex so he isn't the greatest human mind. Kryptonite does hurt Superman and it is pretty impossible for Superman to exploit Hancock's weakness. What makes you think Superman can find Hancock's wife and hand her over to him especially since he doesn't know who she is.

emporerpants
no, superman doesn't sundip. he simply flies above some clouds and lets the sun shine on him more directly. so, superman wins because hancocks feats don't come even remotely close to this yet.

who cares if hancock is a rip off of supes or not? clearly, his creation was influenced by supes, but whats wrong with that? pretty much every hero was influenced by supes, be it either to make the character similar or to be totally opposite or somewhere in between. supes is the character that other characters are measured by. is hancock a rip off of supes? no. he is not. is he influenced by him? certainly.

nightmare08

So your telling me in the superman movies he was drunk that didn't care about anybody but himself who doesn't age at all unless he partners up with someone that is the same as he is and has a women in the movie that's the exact same as he is. Yeah I really seen that in superman. And stop tryin to say that hancock is a rip off because of his powers. A LOT OF SUPERHEROS HAVE SUPER STREGTH FLIGHT AND INVONERALBILITY. I tell what it hancock had all the powers that superman has then mabey you have a point but he doesnt

Tra-EL
So your telling me in the superman movies he was drunk that didn't care about anybody but himself who doesn't age at all unless he partners up with someone that is the same as he is and has a women in the movie that's the exact same as he is. Yeah I really seen that in superman. And stop tryin to say that hancock is a rip off because of his powers. A LOT OF SUPERHEROS HAVE SUPER STREGTH FLIGHT AND INVONERALBILITY. I tell what it hancock had all the powers that superman has then mabey you have a point but he doesnt

If you would of read my post, I specifically said that everything that was done in Hancock they already DID with Superman (Flying around, saving people, understanding strengths, powers, etc) other than the PLOT. The plot is in reverse to hero's like Superman, and is made for us to see that Hancock is a super-hero like Superman, but obviously has issues and doesn't go about them the way Superman would. THAT is clear.

It is what it is. Yes, Superman wasn't the first to fly, but he was the first hero of ANY HERO that came after him. He was the first with an origin and on the scene in the comic world in 1938.

To compare Hancock and Superman is ridiculous because for what we know, we have NO idea about Hancock and if there IS a possibility of a back story. Maybe something like Kryptonite sides on Earth that can in fact hurt Hancock. We know absolutely nothing about him. He has NO origin story. Superman is one of the worlds most recognizable hero's and some say he's a figure of the world. We've seen him in action with comic books for 76 years! Hancock has made it to the big screen for just a block-buster movie with a big name actor. I don't think he is even meant to be compared to a hero like Superman, because it's just retarded.

76 years of existence compared to 1 year/movie. This is going in circles, and no one will EVER get to the bottom of this, unless DC release's a line of Hancock comics, and in fact they did meet face to face.

It's like debating Cassette tapes, to CD's if you ask me. Yes they can do the SAME thing and produce music.. but are they really on the same level with each other? That's Superman Vs Hancock.

nightmare08
If you would of read my post, I specifically said that everything that was done in Hancock they already DID with Superman (Flying around, saving people, understanding strengths, powers, etc) other than the PLOT. The plot is in reverse to hero's like Superman, and is made for us to see that Hancock is a super-hero like Superman, but obviously has issues and doesn't go about them the way Superman would. THAT is clear.

It is what it is. Yes, Superman wasn't the first to fly, but he was the first hero of ANY HERO that came after him. He was the first with an origin and on the scene in the comic world in 1938.

To compare Hancock and Superman is ridiculous because for what we know, we have NO idea about Hancock and if there IS a possibility of a back story. Maybe something like Kryptonite sides on Earth that can in fact hurt Hancock. We know absolutely nothing about him. He has NO origin story. Superman is one of the worlds most recognizable hero's and some say he's a figure of the world. We've seen him in action with comic books for 76 years! Hancock has made it to the big screen for just a block-buster movie with a big name actor. I don't think he is even meant to be compared to a hero like Superman, because it's just retarded.

76 years of existence compared to 1 year/movie. This is going in circles, and no one will EVER get to the bottom of this, unless DC release's a line of Hancock comics, and in fact they did meet face to face.

It's like debating Cassette tapes, to CD's if you ask me. Yes they can do the SAME thing and produce music.. but are they really on the same level with each other? That's Superman Vs Hancock.

I did read your post and it doesn't make sence because flying around saving people is what happens in a lot of superhero movies. And I believe that he already understood his stregnths and powers. And saying its a reverse plot like supermans is saying its like reverse to any other super hero who didn't have the problems that hancock had

Tra-EL
I did read your post and it doesn't make sence because flying around saving people is what happens in a lot of superhero movies. And I believe that he already understood his stregnths and powers. And saying its a reverse plot like supermans is saying its like reverse to any other super hero who didn't have the problems that hancock had

Mostly every super-hero movie out there and that has ever been done basically has been based on a comic book of some-sort, and where people know the exact story of their origins. X-Men, Iron Man, Batman, Watchmen, Spiderman, Superman the list goes on. Not every super-hero movie just has the hero flying everywhere and saving people, they are based on the plots of the comic books and by the way that character is portrayed in that certain series/origin of the character.

Hancock has no background, no comic book to go off of, and basically was introduced to the world by this movie alone. So the point of his character was to compare him to a character like Supes and say "listen, he is a hero like Superman, but has PROBLEMS that a super hero like Superman doesn't have, but anyone can catch the drift of a comparison to Superman..."

Why didn't he build a special armor suite for himself like Iron Man/ Batman did? Why didn't he get bit of some sort and climb walls and buildings? Why didn't he have claws coming out of his hands?

Answer:

Because they weren't comparing him to those characters, but to the character of none other than Superman..(Flight, Invulnerability, Super Speed, Strength, etc.) Basically rip-off of some sort but with a different plot and reversed phycology to how Superman goes about his business.

And around-and round- we go. cool

super pr*xy
Well hancock also stoped bullets when he got shot like 20 times in the face, threw a big a** whale into the ocean, stoped a train just buy standing on the tracks, and more. I know that doesnt compare to the stuff that superman has did since super man has comics and like 4 movies. But if there is gonna be a hancock 2 I believe we will see him do a lot more amazing things.

i haven't even compared hancock to all versions of the superman films, just superman returns. in the previous movie versions, superman turned time back by forcing the earth to reverse its rotation in superman 2, he moved the moon in superman 4, he took on an evil superman in superman 3, and then there's this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mA8MNDtnizs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wI1UVDOuMqE

but i do concur.. we need more exposure to hancock's abilities to better gauge this fight logically, if not fairly. until then, i say supes PWN hancock..

Tra-EL
+1. Agreed on all counts. Let's open this back up as soon as.. say Hancock II hits theaters/comics.

chomperx9
hancock takes out superman

jalek moye
Originally posted by chomperx9
hancock takes out superman
lol how

and you better not be talking about comic superman?

chomperx9
lol how

and you better not be talking about comic superman? talking about movie superman. doesnt make sense to put hancock towards a comic character since he doesnt have any comics so the only fair match would be him against movie superman.

SuperkatmanX
Movie Superman loses.

you have a long way to go my friend.

SuperkatmanX
Mostly every super-hero movie out there and that has ever been done basically has been based on a comic book of some-sort, and where people know the exact story of their origins. X-Men, Iron Man, Batman, Watchmen, Spiderman, Superman the list goes on. Not every super-hero movie just has the hero flying everywhere and saving people, they are based on the plots of the comic books and by the way that character is portrayed in that certain series/origin of the character.

Hancock has no background, no comic book to go off of, and basically was introduced to the world by this movie alone. So the point of his character was to compare him to a character like Supes and say "listen, he is a hero like Superman, but has PROBLEMS that a super hero like Superman doesn't have, but anyone can catch the drift of a comparison to Superman..."

Why didn't he build a special armor suite for himself like Iron Man/ Batman did? Why didn't he get bit of some sort and climb walls and buildings? Why didn't he have claws coming out of his hands?

Answer:

Because they weren't comparing him to those characters, but to the character of none other than Superman..(Flight, Invulnerability, Super Speed, Strength, etc.) Basically rip-off of some sort but with a different plot and reversed phycology to how Superman goes about his business.

And around-and round- we go. cool

end game and owned!! People who think Hancock can defeat supes.. is clinically retarted

chomperx9
Movie Superman loses.

perhaps you should try reading again what i posted. i put doesnt make sense putting hancock towards comic superman cause superman would whip him. putting hancock towards movie superman thats a more fair fight and yes hancock would whip movie supes

SuperkatmanX
Believe me i did read it right,, and your wrong.. VERY wrong its funny. How would Hancock do it can i ask?

KingD19
Well, current movie, ot any movie Superman may not have the endurance to make Hancock wailing on him count for nothing. While he was shown to be strong, the only durability feat we really saw weren't enough to prove that Hancock can't hurt him. Hancock's punches could indeed affect him. And the whole turn back the earth thing was because of his speed, not his strength.

chomperx9
Believe me i did read it right,, and your wrong.. VERY wrong its funny. How would Hancock do it can i ask? hancock wasnt as fast as movie superman i admit that but he looked stronger. all superman has to do is call hancock @sshole and hes done for.

KingD19
Actually, Hancock reach super sonic speeds, and it didn't really look like he was pushing himself. He also had to reach pretty fast speeds to get to the moon and back in such a short amount of time. I say Hancock is plenty fast enough to keep up with him, but I don't know about beating Supes in a race.

chomperx9
Actually, Hancock reach super sonic speeds, and it didn't really look like he was pushing himself. He also had to reach pretty fast speeds to get to the moon and back in such a short amount of time. I say Hancock is plenty fast enough to keep up with him, but I don't know about beating Supes in a race. super sonic speeds is fast but superman can go light speed. in superman returns he flew faster than hancock for sure.

in a race superman would win for sure

fist fight hancock has a good shot for sure if superman calls him @sshole.

i know superman doesnt say that to often cause its not good for his image but if hancock sleeps with lois lane that would get supes started up enough to start saying some hard stuff to hancock that would piss him off even more.

KingD19
I don't know if Hancock can reach lightspeed, but what I meant by Super Sonic, was Super Sonic in the atmosphere. He obviously reached escape velocity, and considering he got to the moon and back so quickly, he had to be hitting some serious nitro, because rocket ships take months to reach the moon, and just as long to get back. I'm figuring he did that somewhere in the span of hours, and I'm assuming it took that long because he had to paint the moon and keep checking his work to make sure it matched the picture.

chomperx9
I don't know if Hancock can reach lightspeed, but what I meant by Super Sonic, was Super Sonic in the atmosphere. He obviously reached escape velocity, and considering he got to the moon and back so quickly, he had to be hitting some serious nitro, because rocket ships take months to reach the moon, and just as long to get back. I'm figuring he did that somewhere in the span of hours, and I'm assuming it took that long because he had to paint the moon and keep checking his work to make sure it matched the picture. true another thing to he has no weakness exept for getting to close to that other woman cause they are the same species. and she said the further he gets away from her the stronger he will get. if supes and him where to fight on another planet he would definitely have a bigger shot at whipping supes then cause he would be so far away from her.

KingD19
Yeah, as soon as he got a few meters from her, he could super jump, and then further then that, he instantly got his flight and speed back, and they both started healing.

chomperx9
Yeah, as soon as he got a few meters from her, he could super jump, and then further then that, he instantly got his flight and speed back, and they both started healing. superman would walk up close to hancock and hancock would say to supes if you dont back off your head is going up my @ss and luthors head is going up your @ss. he would probably find a way to do it to big grin

KingD19
LOL

chomperx9
LOL what didnt make sense was how come that kid didnt have any powers and he was the son of the woman hancock was fighting.

KingD19
Probably because Hancock and she were created, and while they could produce, passing on powers probably was either not possible, or not 100%. Remember she said they were made in pairs. Maybe whoever made them didn't want anymore after they died. Or maybe you need 2 super parents to have a super kid.

chomperx9
Or maybe you need 2 super parents to have a super kid. that cant be it cause in superman returns lois's kid pushed the piano on luthors ship and killed that guy. and lois is no super hero. and i dont think i need to explain who she did it with.

KingD19
I'm saying for the Hancock universe, since like I said, they weren't born naturally, they were genetically created. So maybe their creator made it impossible to pass their abilities onto their children, or maybe they made it so you need two people with the genes for the powers, so they can passed on to the kid, get it?

chomperx9
I'm saying for the Hancock universe, since like I said, they weren't born naturally, they were genetically created. So maybe their creator made it impossible to pass their abilities onto their children, or maybe they made it so you need two people with the genes for the powers, so they can passed on to the kid, get it? yeah i got that part the 1st time i was only bringing up what you posted last about both parents having to be superheroes. but still if she had super strength and everything all that time im sure hubby would notice something different about her in bed. that whole time he didnt know who or what she was.

KingD19
Well I think she and Hancock could both control their strength, since if she couldn't, he wouldn't have a penis, or any hug could have broken his back.

Mindset
what didnt make sense was how come that kid didnt have any powers and he was the son of the woman hancock was fighting. It wasn't her son.

SuperkatmanX
what didnt make sense was how come that kid didnt have any powers and he was the son of the woman hancock was fighting.

this shows how much you friggen know,, The boy was the son of the guy whos partner had past away.. Hancocks ***** came in later

Wei Phoenix
Movie Superman loses.

Someone is just mad because Superman is a rip off of Hercules and Captain Marvel.

Wei Phoenix

Answer:

Like I said Superman wasn't the first to fly, have super speed or strength. If you want to play the rip off game then Superman took Marvel's flight, Hercules' strength and Hermes' speed.

He didn't build a suit or get bit because that would've been stupid and an actual rip off with no originality. Call him a rip off when he sports a red cape, HV, Super breath and freezing breath and super hearing.

chomperx9
what about that chick from my super ex GF ? could she take on movie superman ?

ThunderGodEneru
what didnt make sense was how come that kid didnt have any powers and he was the son of the woman hancock was fighting. Because she was not her biological son.

And Superman survived re-entry without a scratch while unconscious, after just lifting a continent while surrounded by Kryptonite, and with Kryptonite jabbed in his side.

Yeah, I would say he is more than durable enough to take hits from Hancock.

SuperkatmanX
I dont know how after all the information provided, people can still say Hancock has a chance against supes (any supes).. Obviously they are all the feats he has, otherwise we would of seen the chick do some crazy arse shit, but she didnt.. she doesnt have amnesa like he does so if she had something else we would of seen it... now.. Hancock,, Invulneralbility, Super strength, Super sonic Flight.
Superman Super speed (in superman returns he was seen to be at several places at once, he was also still up in space when the guy started shooting the huge gun and still made it in time to deflect them) Super strength we all know how strong supes is a bullet to the eye not one ripple was caused, Freeze breath, Heat vision. if supes wanted to he could take hancock up towards the sun, with one simple hit of the sun he was able to lift a continet filled with kryptonite and survive a fall from space to the ground. that was just one hit. if superman was to fight hancock up there itd just be to crazy. Hancock will never beat superman in any form.. who ever thinks it must be retarted

I-Drop
Supes wins. Even though he's lame, he's just too powerful for Hancock from what I've seen. Couldn't beat Hancock @the box office tho smile

Kazenji
Wow this is up to page 6

so whens the Hancock comic coming out ?

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by Kazenji
Wow this is up to page 6

so whens the Hancock comic coming out ?

hopefully never..

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.