Emperor Joker vs Thanos IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

supremthor
They both go all out.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

xJLxKing
Tough fight, but I think its Joker. That dude has no limit to his will.

Enyalus
EJ, easily. shifty

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Tough fight, but I think its Joker. That dude has no limit to his will. Thanos had no limits and actually defeated beings that would annihilate EJ.

LDHZenkai
EJ could leave the comic, and make the writers write thanos out of existence. So EJ ftw

supremthor
Originally posted by quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=474704&pagenumber=1

xJLxKing
Thanos had no limits and actually defeated beings that would annihilate EJ.
Please dude, name one

quanchi112
Originally posted by supremthor
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=474704&pagenumber=1 Mxy can be depowered easily. You cannot depower the ig easily. Thanos has a superior will by far compared to the Joker's anyways.

Enyalus
Please dude, name one

Wolverine.

supremthor
Originally posted by Enyalus
Wolverine.

laughing

quanchi112
Please dude, name one Eternity, Galactus, celestials, etc.

xJLxKing
Wolverine.
darn it, I forgot about that one. mad

Even at their best, Mxy will just play with them.

iceman24567
The Joker pwns.

LDHZenkai
Mxy can be depowered easily. You cannot depower the ig easily. Thanos has a superior will by far compared to the Joker's anyways.
For anyone to even state that the IG is more powerful than mxy is crazy. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/wf10.jpg
mxy is the only being to be able to go visit our world and retain all of his powers (as seen by the fact he's flying and warping space and whatnot). That makes mxy more powerful than The Presence. He could come to the real world and kill the people who write the comics. Every other DC character and Marvel character are still just characters in the comic. The writers have made mxy above that.

xJLxKing
Galan has a scan of him punching one of the stuff from DC.

LDHZenkai
Galan has a scan of him punching one of the stuff from DC.
yea i've seen that one before. That pic is from Gathans scans on his PB. mxy > every comic character

Mindset
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
For anyone to even state that the IG is more powerful than mxy is crazy. http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/wf10.jpg
mxy is the only being to be able to go visit our world and retain all of his powers (as seen by the fact he's flying and warping space and whatnot). That makes mxy more powerful than The Presence. He could come to the real world and kill the people who write the comics. Every other DC character and Marvel character are still just characters in the comic. The writers have made mxy above that. Dr. Doom did the same thing.

celestialdemon
Didn't Galactus summon Stan Lee and get into an argument with him about SS?

I also remember She-Hulk defeating opponents by ripping up the page they were on. She's also beaten the crap out of her writers.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Didn't Galactus summon Stan Lee and get into an argument with him about SS?

I also remember She-Hulk defeating opponents by ripping up the page they were on. She's also beaten the crap out of her writers.
When they do it with other characters it's just PIS. When they do it with mxy it's b/c it's his character. Either way thanos never showed any feat like that. He didn't even know he was a comic book character :-/

Mindset
Deadpool knows he's a comic book character, can he beat Thanos?

quanchi112
mxy is the only being to be able to go visit our world and retain all of his powers (as seen by the fact he's flying and warping space and whatnot). That makes mxy more powerful than The Presence. He could come to the real world and kill the people who write the comics. Every other DC character and Marvel character are still just characters in the comic. The writers have made mxy above that. Yet Mxy gets defeated and humiliated in the comics themselves. This is a comic battle not when where characters interact with the real world. Thanos wins, easily.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Mindset
Deadpool knows he's a comic book character, can he beat Thanos? She hulk tore her own comic I guess that means she can defeat the presence.

kgkg
She hulk tore her own comic I guess that means she can defeat the presence. obviously

celestialdemon
When they do it with other characters it's just PIS. When they do it with mxy it's b/c it's his character. Either way thanos never showed any feat like that. He didn't even know he was a comic book character :-/

So why the double standard? It's not like it's only happened once or twice. It's something She-Hulk has done just as many times as Mxy.

occultdestroyer
mxy is the only being to be able to go visit our world and retain all of his powers (as seen by the fact he's flying and warping space and whatnot). That makes mxy more powerful than The Presence. He could come to the real world and kill the people who write the comics. Every other DC character and Marvel character are still just characters in the comic. The writers have made mxy above that.
thumb up

Other comic characters have done stuff with the writers or their comics WITHIN the comic itself.

This feat was done OUTSIDE the comic world. Mxy was literally in our world, as represented by actual photographs instead of a sketch of one place in a comic book.

LDHZenkai
So why the double standard? It's not like it's only happened once or twice. It's something She-Hulk has done just as many times as Mxy.
It's PIS b/c the she-hulk isn't shown to be a all powerful cosmic being. She's just really strong (hence ripping it in 1/2). Any more irrational arguments? Mxy can destroy universes and not even realize it. He can travel to the real world and smack the writers around. He f*cks up the Spectre every time they see each other.

Mindset
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
thumb up

Other comic characters have done stuff with the writers or their comics WITHIN the comic itself.

This feat was done OUTSIDE the comic world. Mxy was literally in our world, as represented by actual photographs instead of a sketch of one place in a comic book. Mxy doesn't really exist, neither do Santa or the Tooth Fairy, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. erm

xJLxKing
Mxy doesn't really exist, neither does Santa or the Tooth Fairy, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. erm
According to the writers, he DOES evil face

quanchi112
So why the double standard? It's not like it's only happened once or twice. It's something She-Hulk has done just as many times as Mxy. Exactly.Originally posted by LDHZenkai
It's PIS b/c the she-hulk isn't shown to be a all powerful cosmic being. She's just really strong (hence ripping it in 1/2). Any more irrational arguments? Mxy can destroy universes and not even realize it. He can travel to the real world and smack the writers around. He f*cks up the Spectre every time they see each other. It doesn't matter because according to you he knows he is a comic book character and that alone gives him the win. With that rationale she hulk can compete with him as well and can defeat any comic book character including the presence.

LDHZenkai
Mxy doesn't really exist, neither do Santa or the Tooth Fairy, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. erm
yea but in the comic book he really exists in the real world outside the comic book. None of the other guys do. Or was thanos able to leave the comic book and manipulate the people writing his story (in the comic book obviously not in the real world). Thanos with IG has control over the multiverse. Mxy, as far as what has been written, has power over the guys writing thanos' story.

Mindset
yea but in the comic book he really exists in the real world outside the comic book. None of the other guys do. Or was thanos able to leave the comic book and manipulate the people writing his story (in the comic book obviously not in the real world). Thanos with IG has control over the multiverse. Mxy, as far as what has been written, has power over the guys writing thanos' story. And Dr. Doom had power over Stan Lee.

occultdestroyer
Mxy doesn't really exist, neither do Santa or the Tooth Fairy, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. erm Neither does Beyonder or TOAA.

Mindset
Neither does Beyonder or TOAA. And your point is?

-K-M-
Mxy doesn't really exist, neither do Santa or the Tooth Fairy, I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. erm

Why do you ruin it for the rest of us who still believe in Saint Nick?

xJLxKing
Mxy can go into other companies like Marvel big grin

quanchi112
Neither does Beyonder or TOAA. TOAA is the writer.

LDHZenkai
And Dr. Doom had power over Stan Lee.
well then in that event he had control over the comic book world didn't he? This seems like a really repetitive argument. Show a scan where Thanos with IG was to be able to come into the real world and tell Starlin (i think that's his name) what to do.

quanchi112
well then in that event he had control over the comic book world didn't he? This seems like a really repetitive argument. Show a scan where Thanos with IG was to be able to come into the real world and tell Starlin (i think that's his name) what to do. You are using a doublestandard for a dc character. You threw it out the window when a marvel character did it so your point and bias was just exposed.

Mindset
well then in that event he had control over the comic book world didn't he? No, he didn't, because he is a fictional character.

Galan007
Based on what they both did with their respective powers, stalemate.

occultdestroyer
And Dr. Doom had power over Stan Lee.
An avatar of Stan Lee, NOT Stan Lee himself.
It's not like an actual photograph of Stan Lee was depicted on-panel in a Marvel comic.

Mxy has been in the REAL world, outside the realm of comics.
He owned Paul Dini. The actual photograph of Paul Dini proves that it was not an avatar (unlike Stan Lee's), but Paul Dini HIMSELF.

id369
Lobo punched his own writer.

Mindset
An avatar of Stan Lee, NOT Stan Lee himself.
It's not like an actual photograph of Stan Lee was depicted on-panel in a Marvel comic.

Mxy has been in the REAL world, outside the realm of comics.
He owned Paul Dini. The actual photograph of Paul Dini proves that it was not an avatar (unlike Stan Lee's), but Paul Dini HIMSELF. facepalm

Well I'm off, I can only deal with so much stupidity. smile

celestialdemon
It's PIS b/c the she-hulk isn't shown to be a all powerful cosmic being. She's just really strong (hence ripping it in 1/2). Any more irrational arguments? Mxy can destroy universes and not even realize it. He can travel to the real world and smack the writers around. He f*cks up the Spectre every time they see each other.

If he were all-powerful, he wouldn't have gotten beaten down and tortured by Prime and Annataz.

He can't travel to the real world. He's still in a comic. Just because it's portrayed in actual photos unlike the She-Hulk comic doesn't make it any greater a feat. The effects were the same.

xJLxKing
If he were all-powerful, he wouldn't have gotten beaten down and tortured by Prime and Annataz.

He can't travel to the real world. He's still in a comic. Just because it's portrayed in actual photos unlike the She-Hulk comic doesn't make it any greater a feat. The effects were the same.
He was severely depowered.

quanchi112
He was severely depowered. Because of Annataz sapping his will and his magic. A common mage isn't depowering the ig. The ig can defeat her and Prime with but a snap of his finger.

celestialdemon
He was severely depowered.

All-powerful shouldn't be able to be severly depowered by anyone.

quanchi112
All-powerful shouldn't be able to be severly depowered by anyone. Exactly.

occultdestroyer
facepalm

Well I'm off, I can only deal with so much stupidity. smile
Look. I don't believe in Santa and I don't believe in Mxy LOL

But he has been depicted to be able to exist outside the comic world, a feat that surpasses even that of Beyonder or LT.

He has done things outside of the comic world on-panel (it's a fact even if it's illogical).

And that shows how much power he has, the will to go outside the comics if he wants to. Something that Thanos with the IG has never displayed.

quanchi112
Look. I don't believe in Santa and I don't believe in Mxy LOL

But he has been depicted to be able to exist outside the comic world, a feat that surpasses even that of Beyonder or LT.

He has done things outside of the comic world on-panel (it's a fact even if it's illogical).

And that shows how much power he has, the will to go outside the comics if he wants to. Something that Thanos with the IG has never displayed. She Hulk has also displayed this. Does this mean she can defeat the Lt?

LDHZenkai
Quanchi and mindset you guys can't seem to comprehend stuff very well. In the realm of the comics Mxy can go to the real world. No one else has been shown to do that. They went to the "real" world which was still a comic version. They wrote mxy as if he could come to our world and do stuff. He is the only one. thanos can't, TOAA can't, The Presence cant, the spectre can't....no other character that i Know of has been shown to do that. Any time mxy loses it should be considered PIS being as in the majority of his showings he shows insane power. There's really no way of arguing that any other character is more powerful than him if you're going by what has been shown on panel.

occultdestroyer
She Hulk has also displayed this. Does this mean she can defeat the Lt?
That feat(s) was WITHIN the comic book realm.

Has she ever displayed the ability to venture out of the comic world, outside the world of "ink and paper"?
Has she been depicted to be walking around photos of NY, or doing shit to Marvel writers/artists in photos instead of avatars in ink and paper?

quanchi112
^^She Hulk tore her very own comic when facing a villain. That's actually better than Mxy's feat because Mxy has never destroyed a comic that he was facing inside the comic with the villain in it.

quanchi112
That feat(s) was WITHIN the comic book realm.

Has she ever displayed the ability to venture out of the comic world, outside the world of "ink and paper"?
Has she been depicted to be walking around photos of NY, or doing shit to Marvel writers/artists in photos instead of avatars in ink and paper? She tore her own comic. Mxy was still in the comic, bro. He wasn't really in the real world. laughing out loud

celestialdemon
Quanchi and mindset you guys can't seem to comprehend stuff very well. In the realm of the comics Mxy can go to the real world. No one else has been shown to do that. They went to the "real" world which was still a comic version. They wrote mxy as if he could come to our world and do stuff. He is the only one. thanos can't, TOAA can't, The Presence cant, the spectre can't....no other character that i Know of has been shown to do that. Any time mxy loses it should be considered PIS being as in the majority of his showings he shows insane power. There's really no way of arguing that any other character is more powerful than him if you're going by what has been shown on panel.

So why would he allow himself to get beaten up? Why would he feel the need to run from the Ultimator?

And they aren't PIS. PIS is the exception to what the character is normally shown doing. Mxy isn't reguarly shown leaving the "comic book world". More often than not, he's participating in the comic itself, therefore, if there is any PIS it would be him going to the "real world".

LDHZenkai
So why would he allow himself to get beaten up? Why would he feel the need to run from the Ultimator?

And they aren't PIS. PIS is the exception to what the character is normally shown doing. Mxy isn't reguarly shown leaving the "comic book world". More often than not, he's participating in the comic itself, therefore, if there is any PIS it would be him going to the "real world".
Mxy often talks about the real world. He just never goes there because he doesn't like it.

celestialdemon
Mxy often talks about the real world. He just never goes there because he doesn't like it.

As does Deadpool. He knew that Tobey Maguire played Spider-Man. He sees his own thought bubbles. He even answers his own fan mail.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007

That's a very liberal opinion from you.

occultdestroyer
As does Deadpool. He knew that Tobey Maguire played Spider-Man. He sees his own thought bubbles. He even answers his own fan mail.
Deadpool has never shown the ability to go to the 'real world', nor has he been there.

Knowsbleed33

This is closest to the truth right here. EJ feats are universal only.

Enyalus
Deadpool has never shown the ability to go to the 'real world', nor has he been there.

Err, Deadpool went to the main Marvel Offices in NYC and held his editor (Nicole Something) at gunpoint while asking for....Tom Buvoort, or however you spell his name (Senior Editor.) So...

LDHZenkai
Err, Deadpool went to the main Marvel Offices in NYC and held his editor (Nicole Something) at gunpoint while asking for....Tom Buvoort, or however you spell his name (Senior Editor.) So...
Yea but they were drawn depictions of them right? Mxy's were actual pictures of the people and scenery pics. Although it could be a stalemate since EJ does only have 99.99% of mxy's power or w/e. Maybe that extra little bit makes him vastly superior.

occultdestroyer
Yea but they were drawn depictions of them right? Mxy's were actual pictures of the people and scenery pics.
thumb up

Enyalus
Yea but they were drawn depictions of them right? Mxy's were actual pictures of the people and scenery pics. Although it could be a stalemate since EJ does only have 99.99% of mxy's power or w/e. Maybe that extra little bit makes him vastly superior.

You basically just said it. Why're you using Mxy's feats to debate EJ, when EJ doesn't have Mxy's full power and EJ has his own feats?

Knowsbleed33
EJ could've never achieved what Mxy could anyway. Mxy said it himself, even the most adept would fail at it and the Joker is not adept.

LDHZenkai
I was using mxy b/c EJ is supposed to be going all out. So I'm assuming he knows how to use the powers fully this time. Maybe I took OP intent wrong though.

WhiteWitchKing
thumb up

This feat was done OUTSIDE the comic world. Mxy was literally in our world, as represented by actual photographs instead of a sketch of one place in a comic book.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How the $#% $ is this outside of the comic? ...I seeeeee page borders! Hehehe
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/wf10.jpg

With this said, the only difference between Marvel characters broken the 4th wall and Mxy is that DC used photos whereas Marvel chooses to draw it out. Same shit feat, just different effect techniques by publishers.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

How the $#% $ is this outside of the comic? ...I seeeeee page borders! Hehehe
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/wf10.jpg

With this said, the only difference between Marvel characters broken the 4th wall and Mxy is that DC used photos whereas Marvel chooses to draw it out. Same shit feat, just different effect techniques by publishers.
Not really. They show mxy breaking it all the staff being drawn. When he goes into that real world he doesn't like it and leaves immediately. If this were Mxy vs thanos with IG i'd say mxy. Since it's emperor joker i dunno. I'd say he could since he has 99.99% of mxys power.

WhiteWitchKing
Not really. They show mxy breaking it all the staff being drawn. When he goes into that real world he doesn't like it and leaves immediately. If this were Mxy vs thanos with IG i'd say mxy. Since it's emperor joker i dunno. I'd say he could since he has 99.99% of mxys power.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Allankles
I think the point is Myx has actual 4th wall powers, whereas people like She Hulk don't really have retconing abilities in their powerset, nor does Lobo or other characters with 4th wall feats.

Basically, it's perfectly in keeping with Myx's character to suddenly jump "outside" the comic book world and manipulate editors and stories, but its not the same for She-Hulk or Lobo who are bricks and much limited.

Doesn't mean a brick can't know they are comic book characters.

Plenty of characters know they are characters in a story, from Lobo and Supes to She-Hulk and Deadpool.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Allankles
I think the point is Myx has actual 4th wall powers, whereas people like She Hulk don't really have retconing abilities in their powerset, nor does Lobo or other characters with 4th wall feats.

Basically, it's perfectly in keeping with Myx's character to suddenly jump "outside" the comic book world and manipulate editors and stories, but its not the same for She-Hulk or Lobo who are bricks and much limited.

Plenty of characters know they are characters in a story, from Lobo and Supes to She-Hulk and Deadpool.
Exactly!!!!

SoulDevourer
That makes mxy more powerful than The Presence nope Presence is also suppose to be the real world abramic god stick out tongue

SoulDevourer
thumb up

This feat was done OUTSIDE the comic world. Mxy was literally in our world, as represented by actual photographs instead of a sketch of one place in a comic book. lol u mean there wuz witnesses? did CNN talk about it?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Allankles
I think the point is Myx has actual 4th wall powers nope their just priveleges smile

Nestical

Avlon
Deadpool knows he's a comic book character, can he beat Thanos?

No, he's too stupid to take advantage of it.

Lord Feron
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
lol u mean there wuz witnesses? did CNN talk about it?

laughing

quanchi112
Deadpool has never shown the ability to go to the 'real world', nor has he been there. Mxy has never entered the real world either. He was stuck inside the comic just as deadpool while both know they are just comic book characters.

quanchi112
You basically just said it. Why're you using Mxy's feats to debate EJ, when EJ doesn't have Mxy's full power and EJ has his own feats? Exactly.Originally posted by Allankles

Plenty of characters know they are characters in a story, from Lobo and Supes to She-Hulk and Deadpool. But when has Mxy ever defeated a comic book character by jumping outside the comic. She hulk has. For debating purposes we can't have them doing that as it's beyond silly. Mxy has been defeated inside the comic before as well more than once.

Serious Impact
My view on this is that Mxy has always been a joke character. With all his power, he has been defeated time and time again by rather small fish (by comparison anyway).

Even EJ was basically defeated by believing that he didn't have control, and thus he lost control.

More over, his feats, while impressive, from what I recall, mostly altered earth and its reality. Sure the effect had a cosmic impact, but he never ventured beyond effecting earth's reality.

Thanos with the IG took on everyone and everything on a cosmic scale. He only lost because he chose to limit himself and paid for it in the end. If he had not put the restrictions on himself, he was all but unstoppable.

Judging from the feats I've seen them do, I give this one to Thanos.

And I'm choosing to ignore the dumb idea that Mxy can enter our reality and change what the writers write. First because this isn't Mxy we are talking about, this is EJ. Second, it was a one time thing that the writers threw in there just for fun. Sure, you can even argue that it's in character for him to do this, but I doubt they did it with the intent of implying that now Mxy was all powerful and completely untouchable by anyone in the DC, or any other universe for that matter. If he could do that all the time, he would've never lost and things in the DC world wouldn't happen without him giving it his okay....Then again, maybe that's what's been happening all along. This could explain a lot of the bad writing that has happened in the past... stick out tongue

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Serious Impact
My view on this is that Mxy has always been a joke character. With all his power, he has been defeated time and time again by rather small fish (by comparison anyway).

Even EJ was basically defeated by believing that he didn't have control, and thus he lost control.

More over, his feats, while impressive, from what I recall, mostly altered earth and its reality. Sure the effect had a cosmic impact, but he never ventured beyond effecting earth's reality.

Thanos with the IG took on everyone and everything on a cosmic scale. He only lost because he chose to limit himself and paid for it in the end. If he had not put the restrictions on himself, he was all but unstoppable.

And I'm choosing to ignore the dumb idea that Mxy can enter our reality and change what the writers write. First because this isn't Mxy we are talking about, this is EJ. Second, it was a one time thing that the writers threw in there just for fun. Sure, you can even argue that it's in character for him to do this, but I doubt they did it with the intent of implying that now Mxy was all powerful and completely untouchable by anyone in the DC, or any other universe for that matter. If he could do that all the time, he would've never lost and things in the DC world wouldn't happen without him giving it his okay....Then again, maybe that's what's been happening all along. This could explain a lot of the bad writing that has happened in the past... stick out tongue thumb up

supremthor
Based on feats please, thanos with the IG was able to effect the universe and all the cosmic being within that universe. Yes I m aware that he stopped Big G and etc, but seriously you telling that a guy who for fun destroyed all of DC creations, incliuding all it heroes and Gods and even the Spectre of each of thous universe. If you consider thanos with with the IG to have a better showing, you need to stop reading comics. the only thing that i believe to be as powerful as mxy is the Heart, The reason was it basicaily did what mxy did, only ne a lesser grander sell, witch was destroy the marvel universe with all its gods and cosmics.

supremthor
After fighting each other with entire Galaxies for a while, Mxy destroys the Universe:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf4.jpg

Destroys the Phantom Zone
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf5.jpg

Rips another Universe apart...... Literally:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf6.jpg

Destroys a couple more UniverseS:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf7.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf8.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf9.jpg

Visits the 'real-world', but leaves it be
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf10.jpg

Journeys to JK's Fourth World, takes the Omega Effect without so much as a scratch..... Then destroys the 4th World:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf12.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf13.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf14.jpg

Mxy + Bat-Mite = ALE:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf16.jpg

Destroys the Elseworlds Kingdom Come verse, and the remainder of DC
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf21.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf22.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf23.jpg

"No more Infinite Earth's."
"No more alternative UniverseS."
"No more Pasts. No more Futures."
"No more Superdopes."
"No more anything."

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf24.jpg

Turns out,
Mxy and Bat-Mite had the time of their lives, and made plans to do the same this "next Tuesday"
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf25.jpg
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/...photos/wf26.jpg

Could it be possible that Mxy can crossover into "other companies"?

"Here I am having fun with my new Fantastic friends":
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/...007/mxy_f41.jpg

Mxy, , says to Superman...

"I had a backlog of mayhem in another dimension":
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/...007/mxy_f42.jpg

Mxy then uses the line...

"It's Blubbering Time!":
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/...007/mxy_f44.jpg

Mxy then transforms into a being that bares a striking similarity to Marvel's Impossible Man... shifty

And in the middle panel we see the lower half of Four characters, who look very much like the Human Torch, Thing , Reed, and Sue -- Walking away/ignoring Mxy:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/...007/mxy_f45.jpg

So if Mxy can crossover into other companies, he can do so without infringing on any copyright laws.

supremthor
After fighting each other with entire Galaxies for a while, Mxy destroys the Universe:
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf4.jpg

]http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf6.jpg

Journeys to JK's Fourth World, takes the Omega Effect without so much as a scratch..... Then destroys the 4th World:

Mxy + Bat-Mite = ALE:

"No more Superdopes."
"No more anything."

Turns out,
Mxy and Bat-Mite had the time of their lives, and made plans to do the same this "next Tuesday"

"It's Blubbering Time!":

Mxy then transforms into a being that bares a striking similarity to Marvel's Impossible Man... shifty

And in the middle panel we see the lower half of Four characters, who look very much like the Human Torch, Thing , Reed, and Sue -- Walking away/ignoring Mxy:

So if Mxy can crossover into other companies, he can do so without infringing on any copyright laws.

supremthor
photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf4.jpg

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/..._photos/wf6.jpg

Mxy + Bat-Mite = ALE:

"No more Superdopes."
"No more anything."

Turns out,

"It's Blubbering Time!":

supremthor
AHHH fu#k it just go here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t474704.html

quanchi112

And I'm choosing to ignore the dumb idea that Mxy can enter our reality and change what the writers write. First because this isn't Mxy we are talking about, this is EJ. Second, it was a one time thing that the writers threw in there just for fun. Sure, you can even argue that it's in character for him to do this, but I doubt they did it with the intent of implying that now Mxy was all powerful and completely untouchable by anyone in the DC, or any other universe for that matter. If he could do that all the time, he would've never lost and things in the DC world wouldn't happen without him giving it his okay....Then again, maybe that's what's been happening all along. This could explain a lot of the bad writing that has happened in the past... stick out tongue thumb up

Enyalus
Most of the stuff being used for Mxy's from Worlds Funnest, whose canoncity's questionable, considering its an Elseworlds book.

Furthermore...again, EJ has his own feats. Mxy's do not apply here. That's like someone using Odin's feats to debate Current Thor. Except worse, considering EJ didn't have Mxy's full power.

supremthor
Most of the stuff being used for Mxy's from Worlds Funnest, whose canoncity's questionable, considering its an Elseworlds book.

Furthermore...again, EJ has his own feats. Mxy's do not apply here. That's like someone using Odin's feats to debate Current Thor. Except worse, considering EJ didn't have Mxy's full power.

evil face but thor defeated bor

Enyalus
Okay...

quanchi112

Furthermore...again, EJ has his own feats. Mxy's do not apply here. That's like someone using Odin's feats to debate Current Thor. Except worse, considering EJ didn't have Mxy's full power. If it's an elseworlds book then it isn't admissable.

Enyalus
If it's an elseworlds book then it isn't admissable.

Per forum rules, yes.

There are still some who will say "but its canon!!!"

Lord Feron
AHHH fu#k it just go here http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f98/t474704.html

haha i was thinking when you were gonna do that.

But dude, this is EJ not Mxy dude. It's JOker with a little bit of Mxy powers. Kinda like Champion with power gem and then saying but look Thanos with power gem (using him because he actually knows how to weild the power). Then I go on using Thanos's feats for champion. Just because to people weild the same power source does not mean the feats can translate over.

Here is a better comparison. Between heralds. Hey terrax has PC. Galactus is the source of his PC power. Should Start stating Galactus feats in Terrax vs threads?

Like wtf?

Edit, damn i pretty much said what the guy above me said...whatever...

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lord Feron
haha i was thinking when you were gonna do that.

But dude, this is EJ not Mxy dude. It's JOker with a little bit of Mxy powers. Kinda like Champion with power gem and then saying but look Thanos with power gem (using him because he actually knows how to weild the power). Then I go on using Thanos's feats for champion. Just because to people weild the same power source does not mean the feats can translate over.

Here is a better comparison. Between heralds. Hey terrax has PC. Galactus is the source of his PC power. Should Start stating Galactus feats in Terrax vs threads?

Like wtf?

Edit, damn i pretty much said what the guy above me said...whatever... I still don't get how this is turned into a Mxy feat fest which isn't even canon it turns out.

Lord Feron
I still don't get how this is turned into a Mxy feat fest which isn't even canon it turns out.

Whell you know anything for DC to get a win evil face

supremthor
Originally posted by Lord Feron
Whell you know anything for DC to get a win evil face

Truest words I have herd a week

xJLxKing

He had 99.9% of his power

KuRuPT Thanosi

I think this answer is pretty close to right on.

Question... can mxy manipulate time the way the IG can?

TricksterPriest
HYPERTIME. Look it up. It makes WF canon.

Serious Impact
lol, sucks when links don't work. I feel your pain. I would've loved to have read them too. I'll be happy to look through the respect thread when I have more time (kind of working at the moment, so only can spare a few minutes to glance and type).

It still doesn't change the fact that for one, this is not Mxy, this is EJ and his feats were not anywhere close to those levels. Second, even if EJ had that power, he didn't come close to using it, or showing any indication that he could use it to that extent. Third, these still don't counter the fact that Mxy has time and time again been thwarted by much weaker opponents, non of whom would have a chance against Thanos with the IG.

Unfortunately, when you get to these levels of power, it's really hard to judge who's more powerful than who. Mxy's style is much different than Thanos with the IG. Mxy has always been more for humor and fun, not to be taken too seriously. If he ever was, there would have been more stories involving bigger cosmic powers trying to stop him. Instead, you are left with him harassing Superman as entertainment...and losing. Thanos was considered a serious threat to the multiverse and in his short time with the IG took out everything that stood in his way and pretty much everything that could, tried and failed. Give him 30 years of writing with the IG and he'd easily have feats to match Mxy.

I still give it to Thanos.

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
HYPERTIME. Look it up. It makes WF canon.

Doesn't matter. Elseworlds aren't used as evidence for mainstream characters on KMC. Its in the rules. It even specifically mentions Elseworlds.

LDHZenkai
lol, sucks when links don't work. I feel your pain. I would've loved to have read them too. I'll be happy to look through the respect thread when I have more time (kind of working at the moment, so only can spare a few minutes to glance and type).

It still doesn't change the fact that for one, this is not Mxy, this is EJ and his feats were not anywhere close to those levels. Second, even if EJ had that power, he didn't come close to using it, or showing any indication that he could use it to that extent. Third, these still don't counter the fact that Mxy has time and time again been thwarted by much weaker opponents, non of whom would have a chance against Thanos with the IG.

Unfortunately, when you get to these levels of power, it's really hard to judge who's more powerful than who. Mxy's style is much different than Thanos with the IG. Mxy has always been more for humor and fun, not to be taken too seriously. If he ever was, there would have been more stories involving bigger cosmic powers trying to stop him. Instead, you are left with him harassing Superman as entertainment...and losing. Thanos was considered a serious threat to the multiverse and in his short time with the IG took out everything that stood in his way and pretty much everything that could, tried and failed. Give him 30 years of writing with the IG and he'd easily have feats to match Mxy.

I still give it to Thanos.

Mxy says he's killed multiple supermans. I guess they just don't show it in the comics b/c then there wouldn't be anymore superman stories to be told. And if they had EJ use the powers like mxy has shown he can then there wouldn't be anymore comic book stories ever b/c he would've just retconned the DC multiverse out of existence. The only reason I'm comparing mxy and EJ is b/c he was supposed to have 99.99% of mxys power which i'm pretty sure should put him above Thanos with IG. This is really dependent on whether or not EJ has figured out the full extent of his powers or not.

TricksterPriest
Doesn't matter. Elseworlds aren't used as evidence for mainstream characters on KMC. Its in the rules. It even specifically mentions Elseworlds.

^ Spoken with complete ignorance as to the concept and nature of hypertime. For most characters, you would be right. But some characters are singular in reality and thus outside the conceit of the rules you refer to.

IE: LT. One of the only examples in Marvel of an entity for whom every appearence is canon because they are outside of time and or a higher dimensional being. Spectre, Mxy, New Gods, Phantom Stranger, Hyper-Man, etc.

If you want to argue about DC, learn what the hell you're talking about. no expression

quanchi112
HYPERTIME. Look it up. It makes WF canon. Forum rules.

No Non-canon Sources
Non-canon sources are invalid for evidence. With rare exceptions, comics not in continuity such as Elseworlds, What Ifs, or alternate universes are not used for evidence in debates of a particular mainstream character.

A canon source is one that is regarded as being 'in continuity'. In the example of Star Trek; instances from the series and movies can be used, but books are definitely out. Comic book crossovers are usually unusable as they ignore common sense most of the time (DC vs. Marvel is certainly unusable in some cases in our debates!).

This includes JLA/Avengers. Canon or not, people just aren't going to agree on it in most cases. Besides, there should be plenty of other comics with which to make your point.

This principle extends to characters with multiple versions, alternate timelines, etc. Unless specified by the thread starter, only current-version canon feats are allowed.

Unless, WF is stated it isn't canon trick. Elseworlds is specifically mentioned.

quanchi112
^ Spoken with complete ignorance as to the concept and nature of hypertime. For most characters, you would be right. But some characters are singular in reality and thus outside the conceit of the rules you refer to.

IE: LT. One of the only examples in Marvel of an entity for whom every appearence is canon because they are outside of time and or a higher dimensional being. Spectre, Mxy, New Gods, Phantom Stranger, Hyper-Man, etc.

If you want to argue about DC, learn what the hell you're talking about. no expression The rules specifically state that elseworlds aren't canon. It is inadmissible.

TricksterPriest
The rules specifically state that elseworlds aren't canon. It is inadmissible.

The rules are incorrect in this case. It is admissable with Hypertime relating to characters for whom every appearence is canon.

You're too thick to understand the concept, so sit down and let the adults talk. galan_grin

quanchi112
The rules are incorrect in this case. It is admissable with Hypertime relating to characters for whom every appearence is canon.

You're too thick to understand the concept, so sit down and let the adults talk. galan_grin I read the kingdom. This isn't in continuity. It's that simple. You just want to allow them because it's in favor of a dcu character. The rules clearly state this.

TricksterPriest
THINK FOR ONE SECOND AND LET DOWN THE MENTAL WALLS. Why is it so hard for you to figure this out? erm

Hypertime IS CANON. And in case you forgot, Hypertime makes all elseworlds canon. And characters who are singular in reality, are canon in every appearence.

quanchi112
THINK FOR ONE SECOND AND LET DOWN THE MENTAL WALLS. Why is it so hard for you to figure this out? erm

Hypertime IS CANON. And in case you forgot, Hypertime makes all elseworlds canon. And characters who are singular in reality, are canon in every appearence. No, Hypertime makes them alternate worlds still with different characters. How is this hard to grasp? Unless, Ds is going to be killed off by Orion in the future like in kingdom come you have to realize that elseworlds are only usable if you state that particular comic.

TricksterPriest
No, Hypertime makes them alternate worlds still with different characters. How is this hard to grasp? Unless, Ds is going to be killed off by Orion in the future like in kingdom come you have to realize that elseworlds are only usable if you state that particular comic.

Didn't you read Rock of Ages? The New Gods are aware of alternate timelines and realities, and they are singular in existence. And because of that, every appearence is canon, since they are just fractions of the true higher dimensional nature of the new gods.

quanchi112
Didn't you read Rock of Ages? The New Gods are aware of alternate timelines and realities, and they are singular in existence. And because of that, every appearence is canon, since they are just fractions of the true higher dimensional nature of the new gods. Yes, in the rock of ages Darkseid was killed. Can I bring that into a debate? Hey, fine by me.

TricksterPriest
Yes, in the rock of ages Darkseid was killed. Can I bring that into a debate? Hey, fine by me.

And at the end of the story, Darkseid was shown to still exist, imprisoned on the source wall. You can't kill a concept, fool. The New Gods are higher dimensional beings, continuity and alternate realities are irrelevant to something outside of time.

TricksterPriest
What could make the World's Funnest scans canonical?

Hypertime:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hypertime1-2.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hypertime1-1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hypertime1.jpg http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_hypertime2.jpg

Basically,
It's what links ALL of the various DC titles.

======

And as you can see,
Mxy himself has directly referenced Hypertime, in a completely different DC title:

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/th_mxyz5.jpg

So he obviously has some knowledge of it...

quanchi112
And at the end of the story, Darkseid was shown to still exist, imprisoned on the source wall. You can't kill a concept, fool. The New Gods are higher dimensional beings, continuity and alternate realities are irrelevant to something outside of time. They went back in time and reset everything because he died. He has died many times only later to come back. What you say makes no sense and ignores Ds' history completely.

Trick that doesn't make it canon by the way. It just shows their are alternate realities and being aware of hypertime doesn't make it canon anywho.

There are different Supermen, etc. so if Supes does something in an alternate storyline you can't reference it to current Supes. It's the way it is.

TricksterPriest
It's the same concept as to why everything is canon for LT, you schmuck. erm

Superman isn;t a character who is singular in reality nor is he outside of time/the DCU.

quanchi112

Superman isn;t a character who is singular in reality nor is he outside of time/the DCU. Elseworlds are against the rules. I don't need to say anything else. It's clear as day.

What ifs are also against the rules you schmuck.

Badabing

Superman isn;t a character who is singular in reality nor is he outside of time/the DCU. Originally posted by quanchi112
Elseworlds are against the rules. I don't need to say anything else. It's clear as day.

What ifs are also against the rules you schmuck. You're both schmucks....uhuh

Hypertime does leave some events open for interpretation regarding continuity and canon. But I would need to see a scan from mainstream DC continuity referencing an event to call it canon.

theICONiac
This is the most retarded thread I have ever read.

When Mxy jumps out of a DC comic and attacks Joe Quesada lemme know...THEN I'll buy all the comic world/real world horse-shit...

Newjak
And at the end of the story, Darkseid was shown to still exist, imprisoned on the source wall. You can't kill a concept, fool. The New Gods are higher dimensional beings, continuity and alternate realities are irrelevant to something outside of time. Dude in Kingdom Come Orion kills Darkseid and takes over for him, so there are obviously alternate reality versions of them.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Newjak
Dude in Kingdom Come Orion kills Darkseid and takes over for him, so there are obviously alternate reality versions of them. thumb up

Enyalus

If you want to argue about DC, learn what the hell you're talking about. no expression

If the LT was in a "What If" and did something really cool...or even really uncool, I wouldn't use that as evidence. Hell, there's only one Phoenix Force. Does anyone bring up the numerous What Ifs that appearances in (What if Storm became the Phoenix? What If Vulcan was the Phoenix? Are just two off the top of my head.)

And yeah, there's a Spectre Prime. But there are also avatars of Spectre...so, err...yeah, that wouldn't be used, either. Otherwise Mxy and Bat-Mite kill the Spectre and he's no more forever. Which obviously isn't true.

Also: What Newjak said.

LDHZenkai
If the LT was in a "What If" and did something really cool...or even really uncool, I wouldn't use that as evidence. Hell, there's only one Phoenix Force. Does anyone bring up the numerous What Ifs that appearances in (What if Storm became the Phoenix? What If Vulcan was the Phoenix? Are just two off the top of my head.)

And yeah, there's a Spectre Prime. But there are also avatars of Spectre...so, err...yeah, that wouldn't be used, either. Otherwise Mxy and Bat-Mite kill the Spectre and he's no more forever. Which obviously isn't true.

Also: What Newjak said.
nothing mxy does can really be taken seriously. Because if you do then he's the most powerful dc character going by greatest feats. People like to point out that sbp beat him down and things like that. But after each event when he's had his powers or been paying attention he has stated that if he wanted he could go back in time and turn them into this and that. Of course this is EJ not mxy so who knows

Enyalus
Of course this is EJ not mxy so who knows

Well, if you read the 'Emperor Joker' storyline you should know. He didn't do anything comparable to what Mxy did in World's Funnest so we don't assume he does anything similar here.

Serious Impact
I don't know what else to say. I don't care if he could come out of the comics and rip our whole universe a new one, he has always been drawn as a joke character and always will be. It's like the writers have an idea, but don't know how to implement it into their comic because it normally wouldn't make sense, so another writer says "Hey, we can have Mxyzptlk do it! We don't need to explain how he does it, he just can do it because of who he is!" He's the cosmic joke of the DC Universe, all powerful or not.

He gets depowered by sorcerers, continuously defeated by lesser beings, and kidnapped by Superboy prime (btw, wasn't he with his girlfriend when he's kidnapped? What's up with her, does she have the same powers as Mxy?). If he could prevent these things from happening, than why doesn't he? I have know idea why anyone with enough power to destroy multiverses would let someone take his power away, or kidnap him, without making them regret ever thinking of it, or stopping them before it even happens.

As for him saying he's killed countless Supermans, well good for him. He still hasn't managed to permanently kill the canon Superman. The canon Superman seems to be making up for all the other Supermans by defeating Mxy "countless" times on his own.

Besides, Once again, this thread is about Emperor Joker, not about Mxy. He never showed that he could wield that kind of power, even if he had it. He couldn't even kill batman because then he'd cease to exist himself, or something to that effect...that's not all powerful.

Anyway, these are my last points. Whether you agree, or disagree, doesn't really matter. As I've said before, I don't think the writers ever intended Mxy to be all powerful. I think they just wanted someone powerful enough to "explain" the unexplainable in plots that would otherwise make no sense. Mxy allows them to do this, good for him.

Thanos still wins

Now I'm going to bed. Good night all.

Knowsbleed33
Well, if you read the 'Emperor Joker' storyline you should know. He didn't do anything comparable to what Mxy did in World's Funnest so we don't assume he does anything similar here.

Joker never had the potential according to the Spectre.

Mr Master
I don't know what else to say. I don't care if he could come out of the comics and rip our whole universe a new one, he has always been drawn as a joke character and always will be. It's like the writers have an idea, but don't know how to implement it into their comic because it normally wouldn't make sense, so another writer says "Hey, we can have Mxyzptlk do it! We don't need to explain how he does it, he just can do it because of who he is!" He's the cosmic joke of the DC Universe, all powerful or not.

He gets depowered by sorcerers, continuously defeated by lesser beings, and kidnapped by Superboy prime (btw, wasn't he with his girlfriend when he's kidnapped? What's up with her, does she have the same powers as Mxy?). If he could prevent these things from happening, than why doesn't he? I have know idea why anyone with enough power to destroy multiverses would let someone take his power away, or kidnap him, without making them regret ever thinking of it, or stopping them before it even happens.

As for him saying he's killed countless Supermans, well good for him. He still hasn't managed to permanently kill the canon Superman. The canon Superman seems to be making up for all the other Supermans by defeating Mxy "countless" times on his own.

Besides, Once again, this thread is about Emperor Joker, not about Mxy. He never showed that he could wield that kind of power, even if he had it. He couldn't even kill batman because then he'd cease to exist himself, or something to that effect...that's not all powerful.

Anyway, these are my last points. Whether you agree, or disagree, doesn't really matter. As I've said before, I don't think the writers ever intended Mxy to be all powerful. I think they just wanted someone powerful enough to "explain" the unexplainable in plots that would otherwise make no sense. Mxy allows them to do this, good for him.

Thanos still wins

Now I'm going to bed. Good night all.
thumb up ... This is a beauty of a post.

Meh,
if they try and bring out those ridiculous out of the comic book rules nonsense feats by Mxy,
we'll just bring She-Hulk to the table, or Black Panther, or Doom, or Impossible Man,
or the others that have dealt with the silly fourth wall garbage scenarios.

Heck, She-Hulk has broken that stupid 4th wall more than anyone,
even forcing her writer to write her the way she wishes laughing out loud
I mean ... come on.

Mr Master
Originally posted by theICONiac

This is the most retarded thread I have ever read.

When Mxy jumps out of a DC comic and attacks Joe Quesada lemme know...

THEN I'll buy all the comic world/real world horse-shit...
laughing .. thumb up

I'm with ya pal,
nothing more absurd than cats using that comedic garbage as actual feats.

I never understood how some don't realize that's a joke,
no different than what She-Hulk was doing across 60 issues in the Byrne run,
or what Impossible Man and others have been doing since back in the day.

I mean, She-Hulk visited Marvel Headquaters and beat up the staff,
and had them writing her the way she pleased,
so is She Hulk = > than Mxy?

Not in a serious comic setting,
but in goofy issues, hell yea.

It's a joke people, yes, Mxy doesn't have the DC comic line in his room,
Mxy can't really visit the real world or jump across comic companies,
uhhm, jesus, it's ... a ... joke! (not meant to be taken seriously)

Knowsbleed33
Worlds Funnest isn't even considered canon by most.

guy222
Mxy is a cartoon character. He's a fun character. Feats and all that's for everyone else to decide. For me, I enjoy his appearances. Smashing Spectre over the head laughing out loud

Bugs Bunny even outsmarted Mxy

Go Bugs

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by guy222
Mxy is a cartoon character. He's a fun character. Feats and all that's for everyone else to decide. For me, I enjoy his appearances. Smashing Spectre over the head laughing out loud

Bugs Bunny even outsmarted Mxy

Go Bugs

thumb up

D_Dude1210
Lol at people who consider Mxy popping out of the comic-verse into our world as a feat. stick out tongue

manx422
EJ

Nestical
Originally posted by manx422
EJ

Ervin "Magic" Johnson? thanos reigns

Astner
When analysing a character breaking through the forth wall and interact with the author, or alike. We should treat it as an alternate universe within the comic book.

There are there are virtual fictional worlds that are a direct copy from ours.

Galan007
That's a very liberal opinion from you. stick out tongue

Company bias aside, their feats are just too close to say one of them would be over the other. Just don't see it as anything but a stalemate.

Originally posted by Astner
When analysing a character breaking through the forth wall and interact with the author, or alike. We should treat it as an alternate universe within the comic book. Not when a character (such as Mxy) breaches the fourth wall, gets the draft of a comic that has yet to be released from DC editors, returns back to the 'true' comic world, then finally uses the information he gathered from the comic draft to affect other characters (such as Superman.)

Naija boy
Thanos with IG

KuRuPT Thanosi

Superman isn;t a character who is singular in reality nor is he outside of time/the DCU.

Trick do I need to quote you saying in another thread that the Super Canon Reed built wasn't admissible. Yet here your saying every appreance by the LT is in. Funny how that works

xJLxKing
Isn't Mxy in Marvel?

LDHZenkai
Isn't Mxy in Marvel?
He's actually been show to be able to be in both DC and Marvel. But mxy is a dc guy originally.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.