Gladiator vs. Darkseid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Thorion
Hand to hand.

Glads, 10/10.

Nihilist
Darksied one shots

Thorion
How do you one shot somebody who you can't hurt?

Juk3n
Seid > Supes
Seid > Glads

KuRuPT Thanosi
Seid with ease

Thorion
Originally posted by Juk3n
Seid > Supes
Seid > Glads

Did you even bother reading the original post? How often does Darkseid beat Superman hand to hand?

If he can't beat Clark, how does he beat somebody stronger, faster and more durable?

zeel
Originally posted by Thorion
Hand to hand.

Glads, 10/10.

Sied has manhandled supes if he can do that glads is not fairing much better freind. 10/10 in favor of glads is wishful thinking. although glads will put up a fight.

The Nuul
FC Glads may get 1 IMO.

DS 9/10

Thorion
Originally posted by zeel
Sied has manhandled supes if he can do that glads is not fairing much better freind. 10/10 in favor of glads is wishful thinking. although glads will put up a fight.

Wrong. A few instances years ago aren't really what I'm after. Every single time Darkseid and Superman have been involved in a physical skirmish since the editorial powerdown, Darkseid has lost. Sometimes humiliatingly.

Now, Gladiator is somebody who's feats have established him as Superman's obvious superior. He has every conceivable edge. Speed, strength and durability.

How does Darkseid possibly win?

-K-M-
Every single time Darkseid and Superman have been involved in a physical skirmish since the editorial powerdown, Darkseid has lost. Sometimes humiliatingly.

ummmm....what?

xJLxKing
DS can increase his size and thus making himself stronger wink

Thorion
Originally posted by -K-M-
ummmm....what?

I'll repeat it, just for you:

-K-M-
repeating yourself doesn't make it right erm

Nihilist
How do you one shot somebody who you can't hurt? when glads loses his confidence realizing he is way out classed here,that's when.

Thorion
Originally posted by Nihilist
when glads loses his confidence realizing he is way out classed here,that's when.

What a piss-poor argument.

But he isn't outclassed. If that where the case, Gladiator-lite wouldn't consistently embarrass Darkseid physically.

-K-M-
and what are these times Superman has consistently embarassed Darkseid physically?

iceman24567
Darkseid 10/10.

Lord Feron
Hmmm I say whatever supes gets plus 1-2 points. So if supes gets 6/10 against DS/ Glads should get 7-8/10.

KuRuPT Thanosi
I think Glads could win at the most 2 times against seid in a just h2h battle. However, I think it's more like 9/10 for seid h2h. Using all powers seid 11/10 everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Ooo yeah and Glads is not supes superior, you have that backwards.

iceman24567
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I think Glads could win at the most 2 times against seid in a just h2h battle. However, I think it's more like 9/10 for seid h2h. Using all powers seid 11/10 everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Ooo yeah and Glads is not supes superior, you have that backwards. thumb up

Lord Feron
I think Glads could win at the most 2 times against seid in a just h2h battle. However, I think it's more like 9/10 for seid h2h. Using all powers seid 11/10 everyday of the week and twice on Sunday. Ooo yeah and Glads is not supes superior, you have that backwards. thumb down

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Lord Feron
thumb down

Why the thumbs down?

TricksterPriest
Because Superman has only beaten Darkseid in a clean fistfight ONCE. Every other time had extenuating circumstances.

Not to mention............Glads isn't Superman. dur

Lord Feron
Why the thumbs down?

I strongly disagree with you, good sir. I'm using supes as a barometer as how many wins Glads would take. IMO DS should be (as great as everyone says he is) and then gets beat by Supes on occasion. Considering everything everyone says DS, he really shouldn't be owned by Supes but he does.

Anyway, Supes and Glads are nearly Identical. I would say Durability and speed (has been clocked on panel faster than supes but supes has done things that seem similar but has no indication to how fast he actually was) But i'll be generous and say they are arguable comparable because neither one will win against each other due strictly to speed. Anyway lets have fun and say they are pretty much the same. Glads strength is a couple of notches higher than supes. Granted that Supes displays his range of strength more due to being the poster boy of DC, it may seem that Supes is stronger. Gladiator not nearly as many showings as supes but what he has accomplished with his powers is imo greater than anything Supes has ever done bar special amps and what not (but in some cases even then).

Glads also tends to be more serious and doesn't mind enforcing Shair Law with extreme prejudice when necessary. His fighting skills are also impressive due to his knowledge of combat throughout all of shiar space and that is a very large span of space.

I respect DS he should be powerful but there are times when writers make him look like a ***** as he is suppose to be a peer of supes and not a obviously clear superior.

IMO if Glads ever fought Supes it would be 6/10 in favor of glads and nothing less. They are peers but like i said a few notches higher in speed and Strength.

IMO I would say Glads would win a slight majority over DS aswell as Supes.

Anyone who has read my stuff knows that I am not incredible biased and I have always supported Glads over Supes (assumeing there are no 3rd parties) Frankly I am tired of this but this thread is against Supes Classic Villians and would find it interesting.

Enyalus
Gonna go with a split here, 5/10. DS has the strength edge. Gladiator has the speed and durability edge. Combat skill probably goes to Gladiator as well, but I don't know enough about DS in that area to say conclusively.

Nihilist
What a piss-poor argument.

But he isn't outclassed. If that where the case, Gladiator-lite wouldn't consistently embarrass Darkseid physically. you're such a tard, you act like glads has beaten any top tiers.

Enyalus
you're such a tard, you act like glads has beaten any top tiers.

Thor. Twice. erm Hyperion, too.

...There's gotta be more. I'm drawing a blank right now though. stick out tongue

Nihilist
Originally posted by Enyalus
Thor. Twice. erm Hyperion, too.

...There's gotta be more. I'm drawing a blank right now though. stick out tongue and you think they could beat darksied then?.... and glads got beat down by masterson thor.

Enyalus
and you think they could beat darksied then?.... and glads got beat down by masterson thor.

With due respect, you should re-read that fight then, because Gladiator was absolutely dominating him in every respect until Masterson took control of Living Lightning and used him as a human missile. erm

No, I don't believe Thor - H2H - could beat Darkseid.

Nihilist
With due respect, you should re-read that fight then, because Gladiator was absolutely dominating him in every respect until Masterson took control of Living Lightning and used him as a human missile. erm

No, I don't believe Thor - H2H - could beat Darkseid. my bad,forgot about LL part, glads was raining down blow's on thor that didnt seem to have any lasting effect.

Avlon
Darkseid wins 9/10.

Glads could get lucky 1 time.

Enyalus
my bad,forgot about LL part, glads was raining down blow's on thor that didnt seem to have any lasting effect.

Glads was noticably stronger during their fight, throwing Masterson around several times. And noticably faster. At one point after Gladiator throws him into a wall, Masterson attempted to get up and brace himself for an attack that wasn't there. Glads had come around from a different angle and hit him before he could prepare.

He also made classic Wonder Man look pretty pathetic during the same arc, just prior to taking on Masterson.

And the next time they fought, it was Thor Thor. And Gladiator beat him easily the first time. Then beat Thor Girl when she was wielding her full power as the Designate. (Then later gets embarrassingly beat by both of them...)

xJLxKing
DS 7/10 when at FP

Nihilist
Glads was noticably stronger during their fight, throwing Masterson around several times. And noticably faster. At one point after Gladiator throws him into a wall, Masterson attempted to get up and brace himself for an attack that wasn't there. Glads had come around from a different angle and hit him before he could prepare.

He also made classic Wonder Man look pretty pathetic during the same arc, just prior to taking on Masterson.

And the next time they fought, it was Thor Thor. And Gladiator beat him easily the first time. Then beat Thor Girl when she was wielding her full power as the Designate. (Then later gets embarrassingly beat by both of them...) it was funny when he pummled simon into the groundlaughing out loud

i just dont see him having what it takes to beat DS at all, after all he did need help to deal with Blackbolt whilst they where having some fisticuffs.

Enyalus
it was funny when he pummled simon into the groundlaughing out loud

i just dont see him having what it takes to beat DS at all, after all he did need help to deal with Blackbolt whilst they where having some fisticuffs.

I know. I was going to say, "if its Current Gladiator right now he loses." But meh. Full capacity rules. Without going into the 'fully confident' argument. And even relatively recently he's got good showings, like owning Vulcan, Polaris, Korvus, and Rachel-Phoenix (in that order, all in the same arc.) So. *shrug*

But anywho, I gave him a split. Not the win.

kgkg
and you think they could beat darksied then?.... and glads got beat down by masterson thor. You asked for top tier he gave you few smile

Nihilist
Originally posted by kgkg
You asked for top tier he gave you few smile they are not top tiers,i meant like surfer,superman,thanos etc.

Enyalus
they are not top tiers,i meant like surfer,superman,thanos etc.

Surfer's top tier. Superman's top tier. Thor's top tier.

Thanos is above that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
considerably

Kris Blaze
considerably

Yeah, a whole tier. Wow-ow!

Harbinger
Originally posted by xJLxKing
DS 7/10 when at FP At full power, this is spite in DS's favor.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Harbinger
At full power, this is spite in DS's favor. Full power as in normal condition, and H2h. If they get to use their powers, then DS easily(using forum rules)

Enyalus
Full power as in normal condition, and H2h. If they get to use their powers, then DS easily(using forum rules)

You gonna define 'full power'? Multiversal singularity? roll eyes (sarcastic)

zeel
Wrong. A few instances years ago aren't really what I'm after. Every single time Darkseid and Superman have been involved in a physical skirmish since the editorial powerdown, Darkseid has lost. Sometimes humiliatingly.

Now, Gladiator is somebody who's feats have established him as Superman's obvious superior. He has every conceivable edge. Speed, strength and durability.

How does Darkseid possibly win?

embarrasment

glads is not supes superior but he is his peer.

xJLxKing
You gonna define 'full power'? Multiversal singularity? roll eyes (sarcastic) No

Enyalus
No

Ah. Well. Anytime you feel like defining what you're talking about, be my guest. And it better not be referring to that Countdown garbage.

xJLxKing
Ah. Well. Anytime you feel like defining what you're talking about, be my guest. And it better not be referring to that Countdown garbage.
No definitely not Countdown, but something along the power of Thanos. I view DS as his pier

Enyalus
No definitely not Countdown, but something along the power of Thanos. I view DS as his pier

So its basically, "I don't have anything specific in mind, but I'll make up my own views about how Darkseid should be and call it 'full power.' "

No problem, lol. But going H2H? Anyone who's even around Supes' strength is not being stomped by DS.

xJLxKing
So its basically, "I don't have anything specific in mind, but I'll make up my own views about how Darkseid should be and call it 'full power.' "

No problem, lol. But going H2H? Anyone who's even around Supes' strength is not being stomped by DS.
Well He can increase his size. The thing I hate about comic is that they always try to help the hero. In this case, it's always Superman. In reality, DS has the same powers+ more.

Enyalus
Well He can increase his size. The thing I hate about comic is that they always try to help the hero. In this case, it's always Superman. In reality, DS has the same powers+ more.

Right. 'Cept this is H2H. So how does him having more powers and more exotic powers help him here?

xJLxKing
Right. 'Cept this is H2H. So how does him having more powers and more exotic powers help him here?
I don't see why he can't amp himself.

The Nuul
To date Glads hasnt beaten anyone on DSs level or SS for that matter.

The problem with Glads is hes under written.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Nuul
To date Glads hasnt fought anyone on DSs level or SS for that matter.
erm He's fought SS before...

Also, he's fought Tyrant. Who's obviously above either of them. He's also fought Ego. And Dark Phoenix. You never specified him 'winning' against these level of opponents. stick out tongue

The Nuul
When has he fought 616 SS?

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Nuul
When has he fought 616 SS?
Clever wording, mon ami. They fought in a non-canon book.

smile

kevdude
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Because Superman has only beaten Darkseid in a clean fistfight ONCE. Every other time had extenuating circumstances.

Not to mention............Glads isn't Superman. dur

After reading Apokolips Now, it is pretty clear Superman had major prep to do what he did, it was not as clean as some believe and even Darkseid knew Superman wasn't truthful about the fight they would have. DS was tricked into it, and the Kryptonians used a Mother Box to create a disruptive force Field over Apokolips separating the two. Even other New Gods were used to accomplish what he did. I can see why he wanted to turn Kara against Supes.

btw Darkseid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Juk3n
Seid > Supes
Seid > Glads How is Darkseid greater than Superman?Originally posted by -K-M-
ummmm....what? You have to admit Superman looks far superior to Darkseid than Darkseid looks to Superman.Originally posted by Nihilist
when glads loses his confidence realizing he is way out classed here,that's when. I don't think he will lose his confidence here. He didn't against Masteron Thor, Hyperion, BB, Quasar, etc.Originally posted by -K-M-
and what are these times Superman has consistently embarassed Darkseid physically? Legends crossover, apokolips now, superman batman 42, can't remember the issue of superman I read but the one where he easily bfr's him, countdown, etc. Need I go on?Originally posted by iceman24567
Darkseid 10/10. Glads wins the majority here.

quanchi112

Not to mention............Glads isn't Superman. dur How many times has Ds beaten Superman with his fists?

Gladiator doesn't have to be Superman to win this. He hits harder than Superman imo and is more skilled.Originally posted by Nihilist
they are not top tiers,i meant like surfer,superman,thanos etc. He took on the Hulk as well. Glads is being severely underrated here imo. Originally posted by Enyalus
Surfer's top tier. Superman's top tier. Thor's top tier.

Thanos is above that. Nihilist knows that.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kevdude
After reading Apokolips Now, it is pretty clear Superman had major prep to do what he did, it was not as clean as some believe and even Darkseid knew Superman wasn't truthful about the fight they would have. DS was tricked into it, and the Kryptonians used a Mother Box to create a disruptive force Field over Apokolips separating the two. Even other New Gods were used to accomplish what he did. I can see why he wanted to turn Kara against Supes.

btw Darkseid. Superman challenged him. How does that mean he had prep? Please state your case for me.

iceman24567

btw Darkseid. thumb up

Kris Blaze

btw Darkseid.

http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/1237400246996.gif

Makky
Spite, DS 10/10.

kevdude
Originally posted by quanchi112
Superman challenged him. How does that mean he had prep? Please state your case for me.

In the whole comic it talks about how much prep and one sided it is against Darkseid Quan. Him having a (before) meeting with Superboy, Supergirl The Eradicator and Kara. Went to Barda before that and got her and Mr. Miracles Mother Box to use against him as Darkseid was always watching the Mbx that was used by the JLA and Superman didn't use it. Then using Barda to deliver the communique to Apokolips, if he did it himself his plan would have not worked. Justeen and Mortalla talking about him being cut off from them. Even see Darkeid reach out his hand at Apokolips as if to bring them to him and he gets nothing.

Nihilist
Darksied one shots

kevdude
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e156/marvelkris/1237400246996.gif

blink

Kris Blaze
blink

That's you, introducing the darkseid haters to reality.

Enyalus
Legends crossover, apokolips now, superman batman 42, can't remember the issue of superman I read but the one where he easily bfr's him, countdown, etc. Need I go on? Glads wins the majority here.

Yeah. I'm not familiar with the Superman issue, I think you're talking about something that took place circa Action Comics 818 (don't have it with me, can't check it for sure), where DS and the parademons land in Metropolis, Supes gets pissed and rounds all of the parademons up and tosses them back through the boom tube, then one-shots Darkseid into the boomtube and back to Apokolips. Avlon's posted the scans before that I know a lot of people've seen.

They also fought twice during OWAW, both while Supes was greatly weakened. Once, DS stomps him. The other time? Not so much.

kevdude, of course they were prepped. They had to hold off the entire Apokolipian army. But the Supes/DS fight? That was clean. Supes challenged him to a straight up duel for possession of John. He wouldn't stack the odds in his favor by doing something underhanded. He's too much of a hero for that. And there was no indication that the fight was anything other than clean. Supes was confident he could beat DS and he did.

kevdude
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
That's you, introducing the darkseid haters to reality.

Oh big grin

kevdude
Yeah. I'm not familiar with the Superman issue, I think you're talking about something that took place circa Action Comics 818 (don't have it with me, can't check it for sure), where DS and the parademons land in Metropolis, Supes gets pissed and rounds all of the parademons up and tosses them back through the boom tube, then one-shots Darkseid into the boomtube and back to Apokolips. Avlon's posted the scans before that I know a lot of people've seen.

They also fought twice during OWAW, both while Supes was greatly weakened. Once, DS stomps him. The other time? Not so much.

kevdude, of course they were prepped. They had to hold off the entire Apokolipian army. But the Supes/DS fight? That was clean. Supes challenged him to a straight up duel for possession of John. He wouldn't stack the odds in his favor by doing something underhanded. He's too much of a hero for that. And there was no indication that the fight was anything other than clean. Supes was confident he could beat DS and he did.

Superman I don't believe was ever weakened at all, it was pretty much the opposite in OWAW he was going all out to win, 1st DS stomps correct 2nd DS depowered still hanging in with Superman then notices somethings up then ignores him.

No the fight was not clean at all, as the whole comic talks about him being underhanded to get the better of DS.

Enyalus
Superman I don't believe was ever weakened at all, it was pretty much the opposite in OWAW he was going all out to win, 1st DS stomps correct 2nd DS depowered still hanging in with Superman then notices somethings up then ignores him.

The first time Supes had just been royally screwed up by the Black Racer's blast. The second time he'd been killed by Imperiex via cracking his armor. So, yeah, Supes was weakened both times.

No the fight was not clean at all, as the whole comic talks about him being underhanded to get the better of DS.

Supes didn't stick Radion down his underwear to gain an advantage while fighting DS, or anything of the sort. Their battle was straight up and after a long battle, Supes came out on top.

Makky
Which is still irrelevent since Supes>Glads and forum DS>>>>>Glads.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Makky
Spite, DS 10/10. Based on what? Ds often resorts to his omega effect. Glads has more skill and has more punching power.Originally posted by kevdude
In the whole comic it talks about how much prep and one sided it is against Darkseid Quan. Him having a (before) meeting with Superboy, Supergirl The Eradicator and Kara. Went to Barda before that and got her and Mr. Miracles Mother Box to use against him as Darkseid was always watching the Mbx that was used by the JLA and Superman didn't use it. Then using Barda to deliver the communique to Apokolips, if he did it himself his plan would have not worked. Justeen and Mortalla talking about him being cut off from them. Even see Darkeid reach out his hand at Apokolips as if to bring them to him and he gets nothing. Originally posted by Enyalus

kevdude, of course they were prepped. They had to hold off the entire Apokolipian army. But the Supes/DS fight? That was clean. Supes challenged him to a straight up duel for possession of John. He wouldn't stack the odds in his favor by doing something underhanded. He's too much of a hero for that. And there was no indication that the fight was anything other than clean. Supes was confident he could beat DS and he did. Nicely done. Superman just beat him straight up. Darkseid admitted how much of a blow this was to his reputation. It was so humiliating he gave into Superman's demands. Glads beats his face in harder imo.

occultdestroyer
Darkseid

iceman24567
Darkseid rips Gladz face off.

Enyalus
Glads punches Darkseid's head off.

Mindset
Glads punches DS dick off

iceman24567
Darkseid shaves Gladz mohawk off koing his confidence ftw!

Mindset
His mohawk is the most durable thing in the universe.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
His mohawk is the most durable thing in the universe. Not as durable as Darkseid's johnson eek!

Mindset
If he actually had one, you mean.

iceman24567
If he actually had one, you mean. I forgot Thanos bit it off after their one night stand erm

chomperx9
if people say gladiator has the same abilities as superman but higher and superman takes out darkseid every time then how come gladiator cant take on darkseid ?

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by chomperx9
if people say gladiator has the same abilities as superman but higher and superman takes out darkseid every time then how come gladiator cant take on darkseid ?
Because despite his powers he always loses to weak people for some reason.

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
Because despite his powers he always loses to weak people for some reason.

Or maybe it's because he's got a ton of attitude, but not enough power to back it up. ;P

Mindset
Because despite his powers he always loses to weak people for some reason. Who are these weak people he is always losing to?

Nestical
DS 7/10 but that is niether here nor there

Nihilist
Who are these weak people he is always losing to? Hulkdurhuc

kevdude

The first time Supes had just been royally screwed up by the Black Racer's blast. The second time he'd been killed by Imperiex via cracking his armor. So, yeah, Supes was weakened both times.

Supes didn't stick Radion down his underwear to gain an advantage while fighting DS, or anything of the sort. Their battle was straight up and after a long battle, Supes came out on top.

The Black Racer merely pushed Superman away, he never had any intention of hurting him and never did. Second time he was killed by Imperiex Prime then Kismet sent him back, he never said anything about being weakened and had no sign of being hurt at all, all Kismets doing. There battle was anything but fair, it was straight up yes to the point Superman could win laughing out loud , Superman/DS even knew this as Darkseid says "You can't beat me, I'm stronger.." Superman "No. Today I'm stronger" meaning of course tricking him and setting him up for a battle he could not win after the force field was up. Half truths are still only that and that's what some of you have been saying, the hole truth is much better. eek!

Wild Shadow
gladiator moves so fast that he steps out of time and proceeds to beat the snot out of DS while he is frozen in time.

Allankles
The Black Racer merely pushed Superman away, he never had any intention of hurting him and never did. Second time he was killed by Imperiex Prime then Kismet sent him back, he never said anything about being weakened and had no sign of being hurt at all, all Kismets doing. There battle was anything but fair, it was straight up yes to the point Superman could win laughing out loud , Superman/DS even knew this as Darkseid says "You can't beat me, I'm stronger.." Superman "No. Today I'm stronger" meaning of course tricking him and setting him up for a battle he could not win after the force field was up. Half truths are still only that and that's what some of you have been saying, the hole truth is much better. eek!

thumb up

Vanlore
When flash fought zoom, Superman and the rest of the lot was like a statue. Gladiator has been clocked at 100x the speed of light.. That is like 97 or 98 times faster than flash in that comic he fought zoom. The one where superman could not help in because he was like a statue.. You can even say well thats not combat speed but even at half that speed lol Superman is a tree... To note I don't agree with its not combat speeds on toons with superspeed because if you can move your arms and legs and react that fast than you can smack soneone and dodge that fast. But if it was on someone who could travel at those speeds via a different means but not superspeed then It would be different. It all depends on the details of each character.

I'm leaning toward Glads winning this fight with DS

Lord Feron
Just a firendly reminder of who the winner is, Gladiator. Take care now! smile

iceman24567
Yeah except Darkseid wins the majority.

Vanlore
Yeah against someone els besides Gladiator. wink

It's because fourm rules of the fight both must be at there best. Glads at his best is a win here. You could pick a low showing of any charactor but it would be pointless because we are only taking into account highest showings for them as in there best.

iceman24567
I dissagree Darkseid fighting at his best beats Gladz most of the time in my opinion.

Vanlore
How is he going to do that when he is a statue to Glads?

iceman24567
Except Darkseid wouldn't be a statue.

Vanlore
Originally posted by iceman24567
Except Darkseid wouldn't be a statue.

When has DS ever fought superman and was so fast that superman was a statue? Or are you saying it would not matter that he was that slow?

iceman24567
You make no sense Darkseid is able to counter Superman's combat speed Gladz won't be much different.

Vanlore
You make no sense Darkseid is able to counter Superman's combat speed Gladz won't be much different.

It's not rocket science ....

Originally posted by Vanlore
When flash fought zoom, Superman and the rest of the lot was like a statue. Gladiator has been clocked at 100x the speed of light.. That is like 97 or 98 times faster than flash in that comic he fought zoom. The one where superman could not help in because he was like a statue.. You can even say well thats not combat speed but even at half that speed lol Superman is a tree... To note I don't agree with its not combat speeds on toons with superspeed because if you can move your arms and legs and react that fast than you can smack soneone and dodge that fast. But if it was on someone who could travel at those speeds via a different means but not superspeed then It would be different. It all depends on the details of each character.

I'm leaning toward Glads winning this fight with DS

Gladz is WAY different LOL. Not only will his speed be superior everything els about him will be to. It seems you have this idea that superman and glads are even... But they are nothing alike at there best...

iceman24567
Yeah because Gladz goes the fast in 90% of his showings its not only out of character for him to do so but I dont remember him doing anything near that ever again get that bull out of here. Supermans speed combat feats are more legit like a said you make no sense. Darkseid wins easily.

Vanlore
Yeah because Gladz goes the fast in 90% of his showings its not only out of character for him to do so but I dont remember him doing anything near that ever again get that bull out of here. Supermans speed combat feats are more legit like a said you make no sense. Darkseid wins easily.

I still say Glads wins BUT you may be correct about me using those speeds for glads as I'm not sure how often he uses this. But it is NOT pis because this is within his powers depending on his confidence. But if it is rare like you say my question is this...

We are supposed to take the characters in a debate as there Best. Since when did every hero always fight at 100%? Is it relevant that he didn't do this as much as others? Well for Glads the answer would be different because his powers are similar to how the hulks work expect is based on confidence so I am not sure that you should be able to dismiss Gladiators feats at his best... I mean they are not going to fight there hardest every fight. But the rules are to take them at best showings so... Glad I think would win this.. Maybe he has only been that confident 90% of the time. But we should take him at his best I think. As long as its not pis. And that is not pis for glads. Thats within his powers.. He gets more powerful with confidence and hulk gets stronger with anger.

If we didnt take a charactor at there best based on how often he might use a certain power than this would be in conflict with the rule that says we take each charactor at there best unless otherwise stated by the poster of the thread.

iceman24567
I still say Glads wins BUT you may be correct about me using those speeds for glads as I'm not sure how often he uses this. But it is NOT pis because this is within his powers depending on his confidence. But if it is rare like you say my question is this...

We are supposed to take the characters in a debate as there Best. Since when did every hero always fight at 100%? Is it relevant that he didn't do this as much as others? Well for Glads the answer would be different because his powers are similar to how the hulks work expect is based on confidence so I am not sure that you should be able to dismiss Gladiators feats at his best... I mean they are not going to fight there hardest every fight. But the rules are to take them at best showings so... Glad I think would win this.. Maybe he has only been that confident 90% of the time. But we should take him at his best I think. As long as its not pis. And that is not pis for glads. Thats within his powers.. He gets more powerful with confidence and hulk gets stronger with anger. So Gladz going 100 times the speed of light his him at his best? It still is out of character for him to do so or its PIS because he doesnt do it in 90% of his fights or this would be spite. Darkseid wins in my opinion

LDHZenkai
It's CIS for him not to do it in most of his fights. If he did do it or if flash did it in all of his fights the comics would be like 3 panels. The writers selectively use powers to make the story. If they faithfully followed the power sets and feats they've shown the characters to have then the comics wouldn't be very good because a few people would just instantly be killing all the bad guys.

iceman24567
So we go by what he's done once and use it as him fighting at his best? I rather not his average showings are what I go by.

Vanlore
So Gladz going 100 times the speed of light his him at his best? It still is out of character for him to do so or its PIS because he doesnt do it in 90% of his fights or this would be spite. Darkseid wins in my opinion

Doing something 10% of the time throughout a comic does not mean it is plot induced stupidity. It just means it is rare.. You know like the rare times they fight at there very best?...

PIS is defined by allot of things. It has to do with the context and details of a particular character. Take the hulk for example. He supposedly had unknown strength. And as the comics came out he did more and more amazing things. And it was not piss for him because his powers were that the madder he got the stronger he got.. Just like Gladiator. The more confident he is the more powerful he is. We are talking the parts were Gladiator was at his highest confidence level so far. It is completely conceivable for glads to move this fast.

Gladiator can fly at speeds rivaling those of starships, and can achieve faster than light speeds in hyperspace at his BASE power. Thats not even him being uber confident.. Light speed or a little over that is about superman's mid or upper level of speed. Not his base like Glads.

Vanlore
It's CIS for him not to do it in most of his fights. If he did do it or if flash did it in all of his fights the comics would be like 3 panels. The writers selectively use powers to make the story. If they faithfully followed the power sets and feats they've shown the characters to have then the comics wouldn't be very good because a few people would just instantly be killing all the bad guys.

PIS is not just judged on how often something happens thats uber.. It also depends on the situation and the charactor.

I can see your point about how if he could do this than why don't he just do it every fight and win..

So why is this not PIS for Gladiator you ask ?

Yes that would be PIS but for Glads the reason he does not do it every fight is because his confidence is not that high. Just like in some comics the hulk was more mad at times than others and his powers would reflect that. In this fight though we are to take both of them at there best.

There is no Plost induced stupidy here. It is not stupid because his powers are adjusted with his confidnce like the hulk and anger. It would not be stupid for them to do this at all with glads because its about his confidnce. There is no draw back later for him fighting a different foe because the writer has complete control of his confidence.

Writes use these types of powers to avoid PIS.

I would have to say Glads wins.

iceman24567
Alot of people can fly fast that doesnt equal combat speed no expression. How do you know his confidence wasnt at high levels when he did all this? Did he metion it on panel you are assuming too much. I go by on panel feats more than anything we know Gladz Is fast combat wise but Darkseid won't be a statue here on Kmc. Darkseid for the stomp.

carver9
Blitzing at near light speed

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/7296/hyperspeed11mv.jpg

Blitzing at near light speed AGAIN.

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/3034/ego067lu.jpg

Moving as if he was in hyper space. His reflexes is moving this fast the entire time, past the speed of light.

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8585/hyperspeed35nr.jpg

Darkseid hasnt faced this kind of speed yet. He would get blitzed to death and remember, everything that I posted showed that it was done in gravity, not just space.

iceman24567
That Is not blitzing no expression

carver9
That Is not blitzing no expression

It shows that he can operate and light speed and has darkseid ever fought anyone that could move at those speeds and actually HIT THEM.

james2099
That Is not blitzing no expression Define blitzing for us all.

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
It shows that he can operate and light speed and has darkseid ever fought anyone that could move at those speeds and actually HIT THEM. Can Hulk? Can Thor? Can Vulcan? Can Blackbolt? Can Rogue? They all fought Gladz and hit Darkseid has countered Superman who actually has blitzed people before his speed was countered by Darksied. Hell Lanterns can go light speed easily but Darksied would rape them.

iceman24567
Originally posted by james2099
Define blitzing for us all. Its not up to me to teach YOU that bull rushing isn't blitzing. Superman blitzes Gladz doesnt tough erm

Warlord
this isn't even a fight....
Gladiator is good but not that good

Enyalus

'merely pushed Superman away'? He hit him with an omnidirectional blast which sent Supes flying and crashing towards Apokolips. The second time he was killed! And it was his own willpower, egged on by Kismet, which brought him back to life. No reference about Kismet healing him was ever brought up. So you're flat out wrong about Superman not being weakened, and you're completely speculating that he cheated during his fight with DS.

psycho gundam
Define blitzing for us all. a speed blitz is a combo of attacks performed at high speed that disorients the target as well as pummeling them into submission. usually a victim gets hit from all sides during a speedblits, a bullrush is just a linear series of punches, or a ramming maneuver usually to drive the opponent into a wall or something.

iceman24567
Originally posted by psycho gundam
a speed blitz is a combo of attacks performed at high speed that disorients the target as well all pummeling them into submission. usually a victim gets hit from all sides during a speedblits, a bullrush is just a linear series of punches, or a ramming maneuver usually to drive the opponent into a wall or something. As if all this wasn't obvious but good definition thumb up

psycho gundam
thx

james2099
Its not up to me to teach YOU that bull rushing isn't blitzing. Superman blitzes Gladz doesnt tough erm You do not have to teach me what blitzing is, i want you to explain to the people why its blitzing when a DC character bull rush someone yet its not blitzing when a marvel character does it. Whats the difference?? Show me a scan of superman blitzing something or someone. Then show us gladiators ( bull rush). sad

TricksterPriest
'merely pushed Superman away'? He hit him with an omnidirectional blast which sent Supes flying and crashing towards Apokolips. The second time he was killed! And it was his own willpower, egged on by Kismet, which brought him back to life. No reference about Kismet healing him was ever brought up. So you're flat out wrong about Superman not being weakened, and you're completely speculating that he cheated during his fight with DS.

Hold up. Since when is Gladiator on the same level as Superman? By what you just said, Superman is flat-out a cut above everyone else. He's just that damn good.

So saying that just because Superman can do it, Gladiator can do it, is facetious. no

As for Apokolips Now, setting up the match so you have a better chance at winning or leveling the odds is not the same as a KMC match with both combatants at full power. YES, HE CHEATED. The fight may have been fair, but it was set up by Superman to give him a fighting chance via outside interference. And let's not forget one thing.

Superman is the King of fisticuffs at high herald. He's rocked skyfathers, trans levelers and teams, hell, even Death itself.

Gladiator has a similar powerset, but not the capabilities. We've seen what happens when anyone who isn't Superman tries to punch out Darkseid. Aside from Orion who is also a new god, and DS's own son, everyone else gets shitcanned.

iceman24567
You do not have to teach me what blitzing is, i want you to explain to the people why its blitzing when a DC character bull rush someone yet its not blitzing when a marvel character does it. Whats the difference?? Show me a scan of superman blitzing something or someone. Then show us gladiators ( bull rush). sad Why should i? It's all the same too me no difference at all if people claim their is then they are obviously biased. If you want to see him blitzing go to the respect thread or buy some Superman comics erm

james2099
As if all this wasn't obvious but good definition thumb up A speed blitz is when a character attacks in a sudden and un-trackable movement. The target never see the attack and thus cannot defend against it. A lightspeed attack with a one punch ko is a classic speed blitz when the target never see or know what happened.

Enyalus
YES, HE CHEATED. The fight may have been fair, but it was set up by Superman to give him a fighting chance via outside interference. And let's not forget one thing.

The fight was made fair by Superman making sure there was no outside inteference. From DS's allies on his behalf or Kal's own allies on his own behalf. 'Twas a fair match. And that's only one time he won straight up. There have been others.

I said Gladiator takes a 5/10 split originally. Not going to argue that he takes a majority, because his showings are all over the place.

iceman24567
A speed blitz is when a character attacks in a sudden and un-trackable movement. The target never see the attack and thus cannot defend against it. A lightspeed attack with a one punch ko is a classic speed blitz when the target never see or know what happened. I dissagree.

horrorwolf

I'm leaning toward Glads winning this fight with DS QFT

an FC Gladiator is at least 20x faster than what Clark has shown, and thats being very generous. Glads has some insane feats.

horrorwolf
Hold up. Since when is Gladiator on the same level as Superman? By what you just said, Superman is flat-out a cut above everyone else. He's just that damn good.

So saying that just because Superman can do it, Gladiator can do it, is facetious. no

As for Apokolips Now, setting up the match so you have a better chance at winning or leveling the odds is not the same as a KMC match with both combatants at full power. YES, HE CHEATED. The fight may have been fair, but it was set up by Superman to give him a fighting chance via outside interference. And let's not forget one thing.

Superman is the King of fisticuffs at high herald. He's rocked skyfathers, trans levelers and teams, hell, even Death itself.

Gladiator has a similar powerset, but not the capabilities. We've seen what happens when anyone who isn't Superman tries to punch out Darkseid. Aside from Orion who is also a new god, and DS's own son, everyone else gets shitcanned.

IF anything feats by Kallark put him above Superman in Speed and Strength both...as well as durabilty. The biggest discrepancy being Speed.

Other than that other powersets such as freeze breath and Heat vision have been pretty much even. What makes this worse is that Superman has been around far longer....its just that most of Gladiators feats are flat out superior.

Glad's been around since the 70's, Superman - 1938.

The one thing that is not being recognized here though, is that Superman knows DS and is familiar with his fighting style and attacks...which is what aids him in victories vs DS. Thats about the only thing IMO that works in Darkseid's favor here...but I still say Gladiator takes the majority.

Jynocidus
Gladiator puts DS in a sleeper hold.

kevdude

Been through the first part with you, and do you own Apokolips Now? If you do you should know the whole comic talks about how much the fight would be in Supermans favor wink

Enyalus
Been through the first part with you, and do you own Apokolips Now? If you do you should know the whole comic talks about how much the fight would be in Supermans favor wink
If by own it you mean illegally downloaded it, yes. (Yeah, I'm a bad boy...just this once.)

You wanna post, specifically what you're talking about that leads you to believe the actual fight would be tilted towards Superman's favor?

kevdude
If by own it you mean illegally downloaded it, yes. (Yeah, I'm a bad boy...just this once.)

You wanna post, specifically what you're talking about that leads you to believe the actual fight would be tilted towards Superman's favor?

Nearly the whole comic talks about it Enya, don't know how you cannot see it. confused

TricksterPriest
Links?

quanchi112
Alot of people can fly fast that doesnt equal combat speed no expression. How do you know his confidence wasnt at high levels when he did all this? Did he metion it on panel you are assuming too much. I go by on panel feats more than anything we know Gladz Is fast combat wise but Darkseid won't be a statue here on Kmc. Darkseid for the stomp. Ds can't stomp Superman. He can't stomp Glads either especially without his omega beams.Originally posted by iceman24567
Its not up to me to teach YOU that bull rushing isn't blitzing. Superman blitzes Gladz doesnt tough erm False. Glads is faster than Supes imo and hits harder.

quanchi112
Been through the first part with you, and do you own Apokolips Now? If you do you should know the whole comic talks about how much the fight would be in Supermans favor wink It's a fair fight and it's clear you that didn't read the comic if this is your argument.

Enyalus
Nearly the whole comic talks about it Enya, don't know how you cannot see it. confused
Cool. Then it should be easy to find one or two scans which flat out state Superman will have an advantage. Instead of going off of your speculation.

kevdude
Cool. Then it should be easy to find one or two scans which flat out state Superman will have an advantage. Instead of going off of your speculation.

I'll get a few scans (prob tomor) sure but if you have the comic dled im not to sure why you need them when you could just read it yourself.. smokin'

Enyalus
I'll get a few scans (prob tomor) sure but if you have the comic dled im not to sure why you need them when you could just read it yourself.. smokin'
I have read it. Clearly. Which is why I brought up the incident in the first place. erm Otherwise...what point would there be?

iceman24567
Back on the topic at hand DS for the easy win

Enyalus
Back on the topic at hand DS for the easy win
But, but, but...Glads beat teh Xenith!!!

quanchi112
I'll get a few scans (prob tomor) sure but if you have the comic dled im not to sure why you need them when you could just read it yourself.. smokin' You are wrong. He is right and you have nothing to support your wild claims.Originally posted by iceman24567
Back on the topic at hand DS for the easy win Ds can't hang with someone like this without his omega powers. Glads 9 out of 10.

iceman24567
No worries Xenith will lay his ass down soon enough smile

Enyalus
No worries Xenith will lay his ass soon enough smile

Incest FTW!

Wild Shadow
Incest FTW!

only if its megan fox or jessica simpson pre fatness.

Makky
You are wrong. He is right and you have nothing to support your wild claims. Ds can't hang with someone like this without his omega powers. Glads 9 out of 10.

Based on what Quan, seriously are you just overlooking all of DS's feats and only lowballing cause honestly I can't even begin to undetstand you're reasoning. DS 10/10 boy.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Makky
Based on what Quan, seriously are you just overlooking all of DS's feats and only lowballing cause honestly I can't even begin to undetstand you're reasoning. DS 10/10 boy. How am I lowballing? Glads has the punching power to shred planets. Supes has said he can before and has beaten Darkseid to the point of submission. He has the strength to make this interesting, but Glads hits harder an dis more skilled.

Ds tends to avoid brawls as he thinks it's beneath him. I am not saying he can't brawl I am saying that Glads has him outmatched in this scenario.

Name me a few of Darkseid's feats outside of his powers. They would apply here.

Juntai

Philosophía
Darkseid, easily.

kevdude
You are wrong. He is right and you have nothing to support your wild claims. Ds can't hang with someone like this without his omega powers. Glads 9 out of 10.

You know you simply amaze me time after time erm , even when you have Apokolips Now, that's why I got it to see what the story said for myself. Glad I did.

manx422
Stil Darkseid

Nihilist
Originally posted by manx422
Darkseid
Omega Sanction WTF h2h fight

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>