dr manhattan & surfer (current) vs thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
can they take out the mad titan . . .? shifty

kgkg
Surfer solos this D-Rate Villain

Lord Feron
I don't know how Thanos would beat Manhattan. He seems impervious to harm. Then again he has never gone up against someone with Thanos (or anything close to him) so blerg?

LDHZenkai
Doctor Manhattan has shown absolutely no weakness to anything. He can seemingly do anything he wishes (energy blast, transmutation, cloning himself, teleportation, size alteration, molecular manipulation). And he can completely reform from being disintegrated, and can see past, present, and future at once. Doesn't even seem like a fair fight if you add surfer in.

iceman24567
So Thanos and Surfer basically have the same powerset as Dr Manhattan's plus some?

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by iceman24567
So Thanos and Surfer basically have the same powerset as Dr Manhattan's plus some?
I was unaware that Thanos could reform his body if it was destroyed instantaneously.

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
I was unaware that Thanos could reform his body if it was destroyed instantaneously.

I don't think he can.
It's just it's hard to destory his body in the first place.

He is extremely tough to hurt at all.

iceman24567
I was unaware that Thanos could reform his body if it was destroyed instantaneously. Ok so he can't do that but just about everything you mentioned Thanos has done on a much higher level the Surfer too. The team can't win a majority Thanos is too powerful.

SouthSpawn
Ok so he can't do that but just about everything you mentioned Thanos has done on a much higher level the Surfer too. The team can't win a majority Thanos is too powerful.

The real question would be, what could Thanos do to Doc Manhattan.

I could see Doc winning before Thanos would win.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by SouthSpawn
The real question would be, what could Thanos do to Doc Manhattan.

I could see Doc winning before Thanos would win.

Yeah, doc's done so much.

Made humans explode, that'll go well against Thanos.

iceman24567
Yeah because its more logical for The Doc to win even if Thanos has better feats has fought more powerful beings and has alot more experience i see the logic my bad erm

Nephthys
The same could be said for the Hulk, and Dr. M would cream him.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Yeah because its more logical for The Doc to win even if Thanos has better feats has fought more powerful beings and has alot more experience i see the logic my bad erm

For a change your thoughts and sarcasm are right in line with my views Happy Dance

leonidas
doc did show some vulnerability to tachyons--at least that would prevent his precog from working and it seemed to cloud his senses overall. if thanos could disintegrate him ala veidt, thanos may have enough energy control to actually prevent jon's reformation.

we are talking about levels of control over energy. it's true jon's was enormous, but does it exceeds thanos's level of control? or ss's for that matter? if thanos turned someone to stone and wanted them to STAY as stone, could jon supercede thanos's power and change that person back? given thanos's accomplishments and jon's i'd find it unlikely.

could jon's AND ss's level COMBINE to eclipse thanos's though? thanos might be able to prevent jon from reforming, but if ss's ALSO attacking, that would make things a lot more difficult for thanos.

LDHZenkai
But what exactly could thanos do to destroy doctor manhattan? Doctor Manhattan can't even destroy himself (his own energies are what was used to blow him up). And thanos is still the same makeup as a human (atoms, molecules and whatnot) which is what doctor manhattan manipulates easily.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Nephthys
The same could be said for the Hulk, and Dr. M would cream him. That means what exactly? Thanos has the Docs powers in spades and better feats using them that was my point. Thanos stomps.

leonidas
But what exactly could thanos do to destroy doctor manhattan? Doctor Manhattan can't even destroy himself (his own energies are what was used to blow him up). And thanos is still the same makeup as a human (atoms, molecules and whatnot) which is what doctor manhattan manipulates easily.

but thanos has control over his own molecular structure--very UNLIKE any human. could jon supercede thanos's OWN control of his OWN body? there is no evidence to suggest he could do so.

iceman24567
But what exactly could thanos do to destroy doctor manhattan? Doctor Manhattan can't even destroy himself (his own energies are what was used to blow him up). And thanos is still the same makeup as a human (atoms, molecules and whatnot) which is what doctor manhattan manipulates easily. Eternals have complete control over their molecules if it were that easy Surfer would have killed Thanos a long time ago laughing

KuRuPT Thanosi

Same makeup as a human? hardly where do you get that from? So, your saying Doc could matter manipulate Thanos which has never been done before to him while he has done it to somebody with very good matter manipulation in a skrull. Ooo yes and before somebody says Warlock... that was a magical spell and that was pre many Thanos upgrades which since then no spell or matter manipulation has worked as such.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by leonidas
but thanos has control over his own molecular structure--very UNLIKE any human. could jon supercede thanos's OWN control of his OWN body? there is no evidence to suggest he could do so.
Where's the evidence showing that he can't? Also tachyons don't hurt him they just keep him from seeing time clearly.

iceman24567
Where's the evidence showing that he can't? Also tachyons don't hurt him they just keep him from seeing time clearly. Thanos' powerset, feats and his species say's he can't.

Naija boy
Team has no chance. Give surfer a real partner who actuall has some high level feats to speak of and then we may have a match.

Mindset
I was unaware that Thanos could reform his body if it was destroyed instantaneously. He can.

Bouboumaster
Thanos roller steam them both

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos roller steam them both

Your funny Boub and I know English isn't your first language but next time use it as... steam rolls them both

TheGame17

Agreed. I don't think he even needs SS in this fight.

SouthSpawn
Thanos' powerset, feats and his species say's he can't.

Ok, let's say you are Thanos and I am Doc.

I would just create 1000 copies of myself, which would be an army to fight you.

Keep in mind, each one of my soliders have the same ability as I do.

Your move???

Mindset

Do they all have the same power level, or is his power split into 1000 equal parts?

LDHZenkai
Ok, let's say you are Thanos and I am Doc.

I would just create 1000 copies of myself, which would be an army to fight you.

Your move???
Why only 1000. Doc makes a million clones, blast thanos apart, then teleports the remains all over the universe. Or could a million docs not blow up thanos?

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by Mindset
Do they all have the same power level, or is his power split into 1000 equal parts?

It's not split, it's the same ablities.
In fact, they completely have independent thoughts as well.

Mindset
Having the same abilities doesn't mean they have the same level of power, do they each have the same level of power as the original Dr. M?

SouthSpawn
Why only 1000. Doc makes a million clones, blast thanos apart, then teleports the remains all over the universe. Or could a million docs not blow up thanos?

I think 1000 zapping him at the same time would cause Thanos to just teleport away from the fight, find something like the IG, and come back when he is better odds.

I remember the scans against the Champ.
Thanos just avoided the Champs attacks because he knew they would hurt.

Basically, the Champ end up destroying the planet while Thanos just laughed and teleported away.

It was kind of funny.

LDHZenkai
Having the same abilities doesn't mean they have the same level of power, do they each have the same level of power as the original Dr. M?
Yes they're all like individual doc m's. I'm assuming since he can create life he just reconstructs life like himself and fills it with his consciousness. His mind doesn't need a physical form it exist beyond that. When he doesn't need them he just reabsorbs them into himself.

SouthSpawn

They are just a "carbon copy" of the orginal.
Nothing different, just a copy.

KuRuPT Thanosi

I see so you also give MM the victory over Thanos? YOu can have an army of ants trying to kill a aligator but guess what they aren't going to be able to. Doc can split it however many parts he wants but that doesn't change the fact that he's inferior to thanos. The way you make it seem is that Doc could use this stradegy against Thanos, DS, Supes etc etc. An ant is still an ant compared to a croc. Second, I'm curious to know what would happen if Thanos disposed of Doc what would happen to all of his clones.. would they also die? Third, I was under the impression they don't all have his same powerset but it's divided equally among however many clones is this not true?

Mindset
Yes they're all like individual doc m's. I'm assuming since he can create life he just reconstructs life like himself and fills it with his consciousness. His mind doesn't need a physical form it exist beyond that. When he doesn't need them he just reabsorbs them into himself. So when he reabsorbs them into himself, why doesn't his power increase?

Mindset
They are just a "carbon copy" of the orginal.
Nothing different, just a copy. Copies are inferior to the original.

I'm assuming it's too much to ask for proof of your claim tho?

iceman24567
no expression

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
I see so you also give MM the victory over Thanos? YOu can have an army of ants trying to kill a aligator but guess what they aren't going to be able to. Doc can split it however many parts he wants but that doesn't change the fact that he's inferior to thanos. The way you make it seem is that Doc could use this stradegy against Thanos, DS, Supes etc etc. An ant is still an ant compared to a croc. Second, I'm curious to know what would happen if Thanos disposed of Doc what would happen to all of his clones.. would they also die? Third, I was under the impression they don't all have his same powerset but it's divided equally among however many clones is this not true?

So, again you would give MM the victory over Thanos being that he can clone as well? You act as though this tactic would work against someone of superior power like Thanos, DS etc etc. Sorry but it wouldn't. So, again my question is.. if thanos disposes of the original Doc what happens to the others?

LDHZenkai
Copies are inferior to the original.

I'm assuming it's too much to ask for proof of your claim tho?
In the comic book it says he can be observing quarks and stuff with one body and doing something completely different with the other. That would seem like each of his bodies has the same power. I can post scans if you want.

Mindset
In the comic book it says he can be observing quarks and stuff with one body and doing something completely different with the other. That would seem like each of his bodies has the same power. I can post scans if you want. I don't see how that means they have the same amount of power, but yea, you can post scans.

KuRuPT Thanosi
In the comic book it says he can be observing quarks and stuff with one body and doing something completely different with the other. That would seem like each of his bodies has the same power. I can post scans if you want.

Where on earth do you get then that each of them have the same power and abilities from what you just said? Again so you give MM the victory over Thanos via cloning?

LDHZenkai
So, again you would give MM the victory over Thanos being that he can clone as well? You act as though this tactic would work against someone of superior power like Thanos, DS etc etc. Sorry but it wouldn't. So, again my question is.. if thanos disposes of the original Doc what happens to the others?
The docs powers were never full explained. they were just said to probably be unlimited. So how can you say that Thanos is leagues above him? manhattan never had a reason to destroy galaxies, but I'm sure he could. He could just turn the sun into a large diamond or something if he wanted to. He has complete control over the building blocks of matter. And there is no original Doc. His consciousness exist outside of his physical body.

Voyeur
In the comic book it says he can be observing quarks and stuff with one body and doing something completely different with the other. That would seem like each of his bodies has the same power. I can post scans if you want. No one has even bothered to read such a master piece as the Watchmen Graphic novel. Don't waste time on them.

He literally is, life & death and the universe to the smallest degree of what it is created from and when it exists in full. He is intangible, invulnerable, and unmatched. All the Tachyons did was disrupt him to see how time really is, and restrict to a minute distortion of linear sight.

Destroy him? He'll just reconstruct himself every time, defeat him? How. Pointless. Dr. Manhattan is essentially what Thanos is even created from and made of. What ever Thanos gets his power from, Dr. Manhattan is that power in retrospect. The created can't defeat the creator. In a manner of speaking.

any way. Don't waste to much time on these trolls.

SouthSpawn
I see so you also give MM the victory over Thanos? YOu can have an army of ants trying to kill a aligator but guess what they aren't going to be able to. Doc can split it however many parts he wants but that doesn't change the fact that he's inferior to thanos. The way you make it seem is that Doc could use this stradegy against Thanos, DS, Supes etc etc. An ant is still an ant compared to a croc. Second, I'm curious to know what would happen if Thanos disposed of Doc what would happen to all of his clones.. would they also die? Third, I was under the impression they don't all have his same powerset but it's divided equally among however many clones is this not true ?

Dude, he is just cloning himself, it's that simply.

For example, I can bench press roughly 250 pounds.
If they took my DNA to a lab and made a clone of me.

Do I all of sudden go down to 200 pounds max because of my clone?
NO!!!!!!!

It's just a copy of the original.
The movie explained it pretty well.

Jon didn't all of suddenly feel weaker because of his clones.

Naija boy
Please people should stop puttin Dr Manhattan in threads. He has no feats to put him anywhere near thanos level. All u ever have are people speculating on the nature of his powers without anything to really support those premises. And then there are those people who would prefer to buy into no limit fallacies and claim that he has limitless power or go by hyperbole ridden descriptions of him by humans. Within the KMC environment feats are the highest determinant of a persons power level. If manhattan is going to be placed in this vs environment then those supporting him better be ready to provide the feats to prove their position. Statements like "his powers were said to be unlimited" hold absolutely no weight here with nothing to back them up.

Manhattan lived in a world of regular human beings, a world in which no one was comparable to thanos in the slightest. He showed absolutely nothing to indicate he would even be able to harm thanos at all. Team or should i say, surfer(who is the only one of real consequence) gets stomped.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Naija boy
Please people should stop puttin Dr Manhattan in threads. He has no feats to put him anywhere near thanos level. All u ever have are people speculating on the nature of his powers without anything to really support those premises. And then there are those people who would prefer to buy into no limit fallacies and claim that he has limitless power or go by hyperbole ridden descriptions of him by humans. Within the KMC environment feats are the highest determinant of a persons power level. If manhattan is going to be placed in this vs environment then those supporting him better be ready to provide the feats to prove their position. Statements like "his powers were said to be unlimited" hold absolutely no weight here with nothing to back them up.

Manhattan lived in a world of regular human beings, a world in which no one was comparable to thanos in the slightest. He showed absolutely nothing to indicate he would even be able to harm thanos at all. Team or should i say, surfer(who is the only one of real consequence) gets stomped.

QFT

LDHZenkai
Dr. Manhattan being described as able to turn things into flowers, snowflakes, steam.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6066/30301407.jpg
this next one laure throws a cup at him, he lets it pass through him. It shatters and the liquid spills. Then he reforms it perfectly.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7092/mm2e.jpg
Here's them talking about him being able to be in once place while observing quarks in another place at the same time.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8703/mm3scx.jpg
the next image is him talking about how he observes time all at once. So he would know everything Thanos is going to do.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6900/mm4j.jpg
Theres a lot more stuff where he's using his powers in two diff places at the same time. And since it's not stated that doing so weakens him why would we assume it does? I'm not going to post more b/c i might as well just post every page if that's the case.

LDHZenkai
Also saying that he has no feats is really dumb. He's shown he can reconstruct the smallest things as easily as you or I breath. He's shown he can make gigantic objects out of sand or w/e. To assume that for some reason his powers have a limit when it's stated in the comic they don't is a really bad argument.

Nihilist
Thanos wins

surfer is nothing to Thanos, and doc doesnt have the on panel feats to match up.

Enyalus
Thanos physically beats Surfer into submission, then mindrapes the good doctor.

The Mad Titan, 10/10.

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos wins

surfer is nothing to Thanos, and doc doesnt have the on panel feats to match up.

Dude, pay attention. He like....created this thing out of glass!! and he didn't really have to try!!

Enyalus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Dude, pay attention. He like....created this thing out of glass!! and he didn't really have to try!!

eek! omigosh!

Nihilist
Dude, pay attention. He like....created this thing out of glass!! and he didn't really have to try!! OMFG.......how could i forget that and he can teleport to mars....TO MARS,thats like miles away.

LDHZenkai
It amazes me how people seem to not understand physics here....or logic.

Enyalus
It amazes me how people seem to not understand physics here....or logic.

We get it. Dr. M has matter transmutation abilities. So does SS. And so does Thanos.

That doesn't give Dr. M an advantage. erm

xJLxKing
Stalemate at best. I don't see Thanos defeating Doc, but same can be said for Doc so...stalemate

Nihilist
Originally posted by Enyalus
We get it. Dr. M has matter transmutation abilities. So does SS. And so does Thanos.

That doesn't give Dr. M an advantage. erm if doc can see his own fututre, maybe he see's Thanos kicking his as then.

Enyalus
if doc can see his own fututre, maybe he see's Thanos kicking his as then.

Unquestionably.

Naija boy
Dr. Manhattan being described as able to turn things into flowers, snowflakes, steam.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6066/30301407.jpg
this next one laure throws a cup at him, he lets it pass through him. It shatters and the liquid spills. Then he reforms it perfectly.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/7092/mm2e.jpg
Here's them talking about him being able to be in once place while observing quarks in another place at the same time.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/8703/mm3scx.jpg
the next image is him talking about how he observes time all at once. So he would know everything Thanos is going to do.
http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/6900/mm4j.jpg
Theres a lot more stuff where he's using his powers in two diff places at the same time. And since it's not stated that doing so weakens him why would we assume it does? I'm not going to post more b/c i might as well just post every page if that's the case.

These are the feats that will enable him to beat thanos? GTFO with this nonsense. Based on anything uve shown here how is he supposed to hurt thanos? Has Manhattan ever faced a telelpath of thanos calibur? Based on laughable feats like matter manipulating cups and flowers, how is he supposed to harm thanos who has much better matter manipulating feats than that and has complete control of his molecular structure? Thanos durability has enabled him to survive supernovas, tank shots from an angry Odin withstand attacks from thor who was more than 10times more powerful than regular etc And i could go on and on and on. Manhattan even states that he cant actually change whats going to happen so looking forward and backward in time isnt really relevant. Its not like its within his means to stop thanos from mindraping him in the first place.

As i said there is nothing manhattan did to show he was on thanos level or even close. These paltry feats of his that u just showed have solidified it.

iceman24567
if doc can see his own fututre, maybe he see's Thanos kicking his as then. laughing

Enyalus
These are the feats that will enable him to beat thanos? GTFO with this nonsense. Based on anything uve shown here how is he supposed to hurt thanos? Has Manhattan ever faced a telelpath of thanos calibur?
For the record the Doc's never faced any telepaths. But was pretty easy to manipulate emotionally. Which is why I say Thanos wins via mindrape.

And if you haven't read the comic yet, I definitely recommend it. Only 12 issues. IMO its Moore's best work, along with For the Man Who Has Everything, and Galan tells me his run on Swamp Thing (though I haven't read that personally.)

smile

Naija boy
For the record the Doc's never faced any telepaths. But was pretty easy to manipulate emotionally. Which is why I say Thanos wins via mindrape.

And if you haven't read the comic yet, I definitely recommend it. Only 12 issues. IMO its Moore's best work, along with For the Man Who Has Everything, and Galan tells me his run on Swamp Thing (though I haven't read that personally.)

smile

Yeah its next on my reading list.

Voyeur
It amazes me how people seem to not understand physics here....or logic. UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE ****ING DAY!

none of anyone in any of the threads really know how to apply common sense, academic knowledge of math, physics, science, time or space, NOTHING, they know jack shit.

they're idiot trolls. (this is a some what hypocritical statement, as I tend to troll except for when I'm not trolling)

this isn't really a personal shot at anyone in particular or you guys. So yeah :]

Hitman911
Thanos solos....lol

SouthSpawn
Also saying that he has no feats is really dumb. He's shown he can reconstruct the smallest things as easily as you or I breath. He's shown he can make gigantic objects out of sand or w/e. To assume that for some reason his powers have a limit when it's stated in the comic they don't is a really bad argument.

Don't argue with these guys.

I bet most of them are teenage kids who have "Thanos FANBOY love".

That's the whole thing with Thanos.
It's why people cry about feats.

Thanos is a very POPULAR villian, why means he is move over exposed than a guy like Doc.

Of course POPULAR guys are going to have more feats, that's why the writers write about them more, because they are POPULAR.

It's like the whole Bruce Lee arugment.

Americans thought that Bruce Lee was the greatest martial arts guy in the world. Where actually, there were guys in other countries more skilled than him.

There is enough feats about Doc that proves he would beat Thanos.

I bet they same guys who think Thanos would beat GOD Spawn as well.

LDHZenkai
Yeah its next on my reading list.
i have it if anyone needs it. I upload pretty fast.

Enyalus
The argument that Doc wins 'cause he's got uber matter manipulation skills is idiotic. Considering that Thanos has it, too. erm Not to mention him having total molecular control over his body, being an Eternal and all.

Now, the argument of "how's Thanos going to hurt Doctor Manhattan" is a much better one. And my answer to that would be, he doesn't need to. Mindrape wins it. Easy peasy.

iceman24567

Thanos is a very POPULAR villian, why means he is move over exposed than a guy like Doc.

Of course POPULAR guys are going to have more feats, that's why the writers write about them more, because they are POPULAR.

Americans thought that Bruce Lee was the greatest martial arts guy in the world. Where actually, there were guys in other countries more skilled than him.

I bet they same guys who think Thanos would beat GOD Spawn as well. thumb down

Naija boy

I bet they same guys who think Thanos would beat GOD Spawn as well.

lulz "thanos fanboy love". U try to talk down to people as teenage kids(which is a really pitiful attempt at insulting) when ur arguments have the coherence of a toddlers. Pathetic. Ur analogy is so off its not even funny. This isnt about a lack of knowledge (like was the case with bruce lee), its about a lack of existence.

This debate is not based on thanos bein popular or having more feats its about him having FAR BETTER feats. If ur too blind to see it thats on you. Dr manhattan never showed anything to let us believe he could transmute someone with the slightest form of matter manip let alone someone who has it on a high level and has complete control of his molecular structure. Seriously do u think that those feats shown are impressive when considering characters on this level? Trasnmuting glass, phasing, making duplicates of himself? Thats supposed to help him defeat thanos?. Surfer has evolved entire planets and shown molecular manipulation on a planetar scale on different occasions. Yet u can somehow post scans of Dr manhattan reforming a glass and expect us to be blown away. Ridiculous indeed.

And thanos against Godspawn is absolutely irrelevant here as Godspawn and thanos are not on the same level

LDHZenkai
The argument that Doc wins 'cause he's got uber matter manipulation skills is idiotic. Considering that Thanos has it, too. erm Not to mention him having total molecular control over his body, being an Eternal and all.

Now, the argument of "how's Thanos going to hurt Doctor Manhattan" is a much better one. And my answer to that would be, he doesn't need to. Mindrape wins it. Easy peasy.
What evidence do you have that Doctor Manhattan is susceptible to mental manipulation? His mind is so powerful it exists outside of a physical shell and outside of time. He compares even the smartest humans intellect to an ant (or was it termite?). It's really a moot argument anyway to put dr. m in a versus thing. If he already knows everything that's going to happen it seems unlikely someone would be able to hurt him, if that is even possible. We know nuclear weapons don't hurt him, walking on the sun has no effect on him, physical attacks have no effect on him, destroying his physical body with his own power has no effect on him (it reforms instantly). And Eternals can still have their bodies destroyed, they just come back to life once they leave the spirit chamber thing.
in my opinion theres not enough info on dr. m to put him in a versus thread.

Enyalus
What evidence do you have that Doctor Manhattan is susceptible to mental manipulation?

He was manipulated into thinking he could've given his ex cancer, then lost his cool and went to Mars. Thanos is at bare minimum an Xavier-level telepath, considering he's easily bested Moondragon w/ Mind Gem in a mental duel, and she's taken it to Xavier.

And the Doc sees past present and future of himself simultaneously. He sees it. Can't change it. So seeing whats going to happen is really irrelevant here.

LDHZenkai
lulz "thanos fanboy love". U try to talk down to people as teenage kids(which is a really pitiful attempt at insulting) when ur arguments have the coherence of a toddlers. Pathetic. Ur analogy is so off its not even funny. This isnt about a lack of knowledge (like was the case with bruce lee), its about a lack of existence.

This debate is not based on thanos bein popular or having more feats its about him having FAR BETTER feats. If ur too blind to see it thats on you. Dr manhattan never showed anything to let us believe he could transmute someone with the slightest form of matter manip let alone someone who has it on a high level and has complete control of his molecular structure. Seriously do u think that those feats shown are impressive when considering characters on this level? Trasnmuting glass, phasing, making duplicates of himself? Thats supposed to help him defeat thanos?. Surfer has evolved entire planets and shown molecular manipulation on a planetar scale on different occasions. Yet u can somehow post scans of Dr manhattan reforming a glass and expect us to be blown away. Ridiculous indeed.

And thanos against Godspawn is absolutely irrelevant here as Godspawn and thanos are not on the same level

The eternals only have control over their body on an atomic level. Dr. Manhattan has control over sub-atomic structures. you're assuming just b/c thanos is thanos that his body can't be blown apart....yet other eternals have been destroyed by particle accelerators. Thanos does have some awesome feats...b/c they've been making comics about him for a very long time. Dr. M. had a very few issues to explore his new found abilities. And in those few issues his control was said to be complete over sub atomic particles and he was said to have limitless power. But then again i mean thanos is thanos so he automatically wins. And just b/c none of the other comic book characters use their matter manipulation to turn people into rocks or rip their neutrons apart doesn't mean dr. m. wouldn't. The Watchmen world is a lot more realistic when it comes to fighting with ones abilities (when it comes to doing what is necessary).

occultdestroyer
Surfer is pretty much a non-factor for Thanos.

This match boils down to Dr. Manhattan VS Thanos.

The question is: What could Thanos do to harm Dr. Manhattan? Even if Thanos somehow generate tachyons and attack Dr. Manhattan with them, the effects are temporary. And Dr. Manhattan will instantaneously recover if Thanos tries dissolving him.

On the other hand, Dr. Manhattan has power over molecules. He can literally blow up any solid matter. And AFAIK, Thanos is made up of molecules and cells. If Dr. Manhattan fights with full intent, he blows up Thanos into smithereens.

Enyalus
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
On the other hand, Dr. Manhattan has power over molecules. He can literally blow up any solid matter. And AFAIK, Thanos is made up of molecules and cells. If Dr. Manhattan fights with full intent, he blows up Thanos into smithereens.

If the power of a black hole couldn't crush Thanos into tiny bits of sub-atomic parts, what makes you think the good doctor has the power to?

Enyalus
And just b/c none of the other comic book characters use their matter manipulation to turn people into rocks or rip their neutrons apart doesn't mean dr. m. wouldn't. The Watchmen world is a lot more realistic when it comes to fighting with ones abilities (when it comes to doing what is necessary).

Funny you should mention this. Thanos has turned living beings into rock before...one of them was a skrull, who have control over their molecules as well.

LDHZenkai
If the power of a black hole couldn't crush Thanos into tiny bits of sub-atomic parts, what makes you think the good doctor has the power to?
Because gravity crushing you is different from someone being able to control the very essence of what makes you an organic being.

Starscream M
If the power of a black hole couldn't crush Thanos into tiny bits of sub-atomic parts, what makes you think the good doctor has the power to? and if the dr. survived being broken down to atoms, what makes you think thanos can hurt him?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Starscream M
and if the dr. survived being broken down to atoms, what makes you think thanos can hurt him?
I suggest you read my posts. erm 'Cause I haven't suggested anything with respect to Thanos physically hurting him. Thanks. smile

Starscream M
I suggest you read my posts. erm 'Cause I haven't suggested anything with respect to Thanos physically hurting him. Thanks. smile my bad.

Enyalus
my bad.
Put yourself in time out.

Starscream M
Put yourself in time out. i refuse to

Voyeur
He was manipulated into thinking he could've given his ex cancer, then lost his cool and went to Mars. Thanos is at bare minimum an Xavier-level telepath, considering he's easily bested Moondragon w/ Mind Gem in a mental duel, and she's taken it to Xavier.

And the Doc sees past present and future of himself simultaneously. He sees it. Can't change it. So seeing whats going to happen is really irrelevant here.
about the time thing, WRONG. HE CAN CHANGE IT, he chooses not to because he feels it isn't his place to play the role of god and conflict with human lives. He thinks he should let the chips lay as they may. He doesn't SEE IT, he lives in it by the way. He is co-existing. What you think of time, is linear. There was the past, there is going to be a future, and here is the present. That's how we perceive it. Dr. Manhattan experiences time more like that of a sphere. A continuing process and he exists on all planes of it. He actually is living the moments of past, present, and future, constantly. He just doesn't see them, he is living them.

But he can most entirely see an outcome and then change that aspect to another scenario. If he wanted to. e.g. the whole point of him and Sally having a talk on Mars.

and manipulated? he was stating how he's sick of human's bull shit. Not really the fact he gave her cancer or not, because you see, since he already knew the future to come, he knew he really didn't give them it. He himself does say that he is sick of humans and their human lives though, and the fact that Sally left him, he didn't want to be on earth more. It's not "manipulation" in the sense of what you are aiming for any way.

side note: Dr Manhattan has no organs. So, no resting and fixed spot for his 'mind'. He co-exists on all planes of time and can be any where. So where is Thanos going to lock into mind rape in the first place?

Naija boy
The eternals only have control over their body on an atomic level. Dr. Manhattan has control over sub-atomic structures. you're assuming just b/c thanos is thanos that his body can't be blown apart....yet other eternals have been destroyed by particle accelerators. Thanos does have some awesome feats...b/c they've been making comics about him for a very long time. Dr. M. had a very few issues to explore his new found abilities. And in those few issues his control was said to be complete over sub atomic particles and he was said to have limitless power. But then again i mean thanos is thanos so he automatically wins. And just b/c none of the other comic book characters use their matter manipulation to turn people into rocks or rip their neutrons apart doesn't mean dr. m. wouldn't. The Watchmen world is a lot more realistic when it comes to fighting with ones abilities (when it comes to doing what is necessary).

False. Eternals have total control over body structure. And please get these pitiful "because thanos is thanos" arguments out of here. Im NOT the one who is placin emphasis on character status. Im placing emphasis on character feats and actual displays of power. Thanos cant be blown apart because he has the power which Dr Manhattan uses to blow up people as well and to a higher level. Further he has complete control over his body structure and Dr Manhattans feats are not on a level hig enough to support him overcoming that.

Also the weakness of ur position is evident in ur continuous reliance on no limit fallacies. If sayin he has limitless power was evidence for a character to win a fight then, Thor,Hulk,Silver surfer,Sentry,Xman,Phoenix,Dr strange etc (who have all been described in comics as having limitles power) would never lose matches. However in order not to indulge in such ridiculous discussions we use the feats the characters accomplish to guage their abilities. Due to the few feats manhattan has its not easy to give an accurate description of his power level which is why i advocated for him to be removed from vs matches, However when he is placed in that vs environment we have to gauge is abilities on the feats he accomplished.

Manhattan CANT hurt thanos at all because thanos has proven abilities to counter evry possible way manhattan may attack. Thanos however can hurt manhattan(through) mental attacks which manhattan hasnt shown any resistance to

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Voyeur
WRONG. HE CAN CHANGE IT, he chooses not to because he feels it isn't his place to play the role of god. He thinks he should let the chips lay as they may. He doesn't SEE IT, he lives in it by the way. He is co-existing. What you think of time, is linear. There was the past, there is going to be a future, and here is the present. That's how we perceive it. Dr. Manhattan experiences time more like that of a sphere. A continuing process and he exists on all planes of it. He actually is living the moments of past, present, and future, constantly. He just doesn't see them.

But he can most entirely see an outcome and then change that aspect to another scenario. If he wanted to. e.g. the whole point of him and Sally having a talk on Mars.

and manipulated? he was stating how he's sick of human's bull shit. Not really the fact he gave her cancer or not, because you see, since he already knew the future to come, he knew he really didn't give them it. He himself does say that he is sick of humans and their human lives though, and the fact that Sally left him, he didn't want to be on earth more. It's not "manipulation" in the sense of what you are aiming for any way.

side note: Dr Manhattan has no organs. So, no resting and fixed spot for his 'mind'. He co-exists on all planes of time and can be any where. So where is Thanos going to lock into mind rape in the first place?

a) He stated he couldn't change the future. 'Puppets? We're all puppets. I can just see the strings' He is a puppet too, but he's aware of the ending of the performance as it were. He never changed the outcome of Mars. He stated that they would go home. It's like with the JFK thing. He could never stop it even though he new what was going to happen. And the JFK assassination was when he still cared for humanity.

b) Manhattan does have organs. The comic showed him reforming his organs. Nervous system, circulatory system, then skeleton/muscles

c) His mind is still human. It's just that he doesn't need a physical body for his conciousness to exist.

kgkg
False. Eternals have total control over body structure. And please get these pitiful "because thanos is thanos" arguments out of here. Im NOT the one who is placin emphasis on character status. Im placing emphasis on character feats and actual displays of power. Thanos cant be blown apart because he has the power which Dr Manhattan uses to blow up people as well and to a higher level. Further he has complete control over his body structure and Dr Manhattans feats are not on a level hig enough to support him overcoming that.

Also the weakness of ur position is evident in ur continuous reliance on no limit fallacies. If sayin he has limitless power was evidence for a character to win a fight then, Thor,Hulk,Silver surfer,Sentry,Xman,Phoenix,Dr strange etc (who have all been described in comics as having limitles power) would never lose matches. However in order not to indulge in such ridiculous discussions we use the feats the characters accomplish to guage their abilities. Due to the few feats manhattan has its not easy to give an accurate description of his power level which is why i advocated for him to be removed from vs matches, However when he is placed in that vs environment we have to gauge is abilities on the feats he accomplished.

Manhattan CANT hurt thanos at all because thanos has proven abilities to counter evry possible way manhattan may attack. Thanos however can hurt manhattan(through) mental attacks which manhattan hasnt shown any resistance to
thumb up

Starscream M
However when he is placed in that vs environment we have to gauge is abilities on the feats he accomplished. well, the few feats he does have show him to have almost limitless power

he can transmute objects and matter of any kind, liquid, gas, solid

he can teleport himself or anyone or anything with the same ease you have of blinking to anywhere

he has complete grasp of temporal space scheme

he, like matter, cannot be destroyed

he can be any form, shape, size

he can create identical functioning copies of himself with independent thought, with no know limit to how many he can replicate

his consciousness is beyond our understanding...no indication telepathy would have ANY effect

he can destroy with a thought (ie he doesnt need to blast you with a ray, he just needs to visualize damaging you)

these feats are impressive in ANY universe by ANY character as most herald level characters don't even have a fraction of these powers.

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

b) Manhattan does have organs. The comic showed him reforming his organs. Nervous system, circulatory system, then skeleton/muscles

c) His mind is still human. It's just that he doesn't need a physical body for his conciousness to exist.

b) his body is purely superficial. he doesn't need organs or circulatory system or any of that.

c) then how the hell is it human if it doesn't need a physical body to exist?

LDHZenkai

lol me saying that eternals can only control their atomic structure and not sub atomic is false? They used to only have molecular control then it got retconned to where they could reform from atoms. It was never stated they could reform from subatomic particles. And theres a difference in reforming from atoms to be able to consciously control your subatomic particles to prevent a being who can control them from doing so. Either way it doesn't matter because no one has been able to say how thanos could kill Dr. M. yet theres been multiple ways given that manhattan could kill thanos (a million doctor manhattans blasting and manipulating thano's sub atomic structure for one).

AlmightyKfish
You mean like energy. People destroy matter all the time.

All of his kills involved pointing/blasting someone. He pointed at the gangsters head and it exploded, and he fired a blast at Rorschach.

Can't remember any of his other kills.

Only true one of those is size. He never showed any shape/mass shifting.

Thor, Surfer, Green Lantern, Firestorm and many others have equal or greater powersets. The furthest we see Manhattan teleport is to Mars. Which for a herald teleported is pathetic, as from Marvel alone- Quasar, Red Shift, Thor and Beta Ray Bill, along with many other heralds have teleported across galaxies.

AlmightyKfish
b) his body is purely superficial. he doesn't need organs or circulatory system or any of that.

c) then how the hell is it human if it doesn't need a physical body to exist?

It's never stated he doesn't need his organs. Like, ever.

Quite a few characters that are still humans exist w/o physical bodies. Its comics.

The fact is Manhattan never showed any telepathic functions, and his few feats of matter manipulation are outclassed by Thanos' skrull to stone thing. And many of Surfer's feats.

Badabing
It amazes me how people seem to not understand physics here....or logic. Originally posted by Voyeur
UNDERSTATEMENT OF THE ****ING DAY!

none of anyone in any of the threads really know how to apply common sense, academic knowledge of math, physics, science, time or space, NOTHING, they know jack shit.

they're idiot trolls. (this is a some what hypocritical statement, as I tend to troll except for when I'm not trolling)

this isn't really a personal shot at anyone in particular or you guys. So yeah :] Yes, physics and logic dictate comics. duryes

As for trolls, it appears you two are the people trolling......I suggest stopping the flaming, baiting and trolling. These types of blanket statements aren't wanted here. Thanks.

Starscream M
It's never stated he doesn't need his organs. Like, ever.
um, the fact that he survived without organs...ie being molecularized...is prob a good indication that he doesn't need organs. what, do you need him to spell that out?

what does he need organs for? he doesn't eat, he doesn't breath.

AlmightyKfish
um, the fact that he survived without organs...ie being molecularized...is prob a good indication that he doesn't need organs. what, do you need him to spell that out?

what does he need organs for? he doesn't eat, he doesn't breath.

If he doesn't need a body why does he bother with one?

These questions are pointless as noone has any idea how his powers work. Thats why he's annoying in vs battles. No feats and an open powerset.

It's like if Surfer had only appeared once, stated his powers then flew to comic limbo.

Voyeur
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, physics and logic dictate comics. duryes

As for trolls, it appears you two are the people trolling......I suggest stopping the flaming, baiting and trolling. These types of blanket statements aren't wanted here. Thanks.
common sense exists in everything. Everything is restricted to a confine of it's existence of rules of regulations and being.

Even comics. Just another example....

Naija boy
well, the few feats he does have show him to have almost limitless power

he can transmute objects and matter of any kind, liquid, gas, solid

he can teleport himself or anyone or anything with the same ease you have of blinking to anywhere

he has complete grasp of temporal space scheme

he, like matter, cannot be destroyed

he can be any form, shape, size

he can create identical functioning copies of himself with independent thought, with no know limit to how many he can replicate

his consciousness is beyond our understanding...no indication telepathy would have ANY effect

he can destroy with a thought (ie he doesnt need to blast you with a ray, he just needs to visualize damaging you)

these feats are impressive in ANY universe by ANY character as most herald level characters don't even have a fraction of these powers.

Jeez this gets more ridiculous with evry post. I can probly name two powers of silver surfer for evryone manhattan has. Probly three. Does surfer have limitless power? Is saying "surfer has limitless power now a coherent argument? Get this shit outta here.

1. He has shown extremely limited form of transmutation. transmuting objects and gas has no relevance here. Its a useless tactic against thanos who has superior transmutation feats to manhattan( actualy transmuted a being with complete control of his molecular structure). His tranmsmutation skills also pale in comparison to the likes of Surfer, Sersi,Firestorm, non of whom we would argue based solely on the presumption of "limitless power"

2. Either surfer or thanos can teleport themselves and others to any place they feel like.They have even shown greater range than he has by teleporting to different dimensions.

3. Surfer can look through as well as travel through time just as well.

4.Unproven. In his limited universe he has faced only physical means of destruction. Guys like surfer and thanos have more options than that.

5. Once again, to what extent was such displayed? Surfer has actually shown reat ability to chane his size and shape as well.

6. Creating copies of himself is nice. Surfer can do so as well, and you know what? Surfer hasnt told us any limit to how many he can create.

7. This really cracked me up. His consciousness is beyond our understanding? He lived in a world were no one had superpowers. IT being beyond their understanding is only expected. There was no high level telepath in that world. So to use that to claim high telepathy wont work is laughable.

8. Either thanos or silver surfer can destroy with a thought thanks to matter manipulation.

So thats it? Thats why u feel that claiming he has "limitless power" is a sufficient arguement in itself? Freaking pathetic. Thanos almost matched him power for power and had those abilities on higher levels. I could go ahead and name ten abilities that surfer has which he doesnt and surfer still doesnt qualify as having "limitless power".
Really this just gets worse and worse.lol

Badabing
Originally posted by Voyeur
common sense exists in everything. Everything is restricted to a confine of it's existence of rules of regulations and being.

Even comics. Just another example.... Last chance to drop it. Stay on topic and be civil. Thanks.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=461496&pagenumber=1#post11581666

Starscream M
If he doesn't need a body why does he bother with one? prob because the artist who created the character felt he looked cool like that.

It's like if Surfer had only appeared once, stated his powers then flew to comic limbo. it sorta of is...if surfer in his one appearance created multiple clones of himself, saw time as a constant, could reform instantly as molecules, teleport to different parts of the universe in the blink of an eye, transmute matter with ease, grow to giant size, etc etc.

I mean for a guy with only basically one appearance, Dr. M has a boatload of feats...of course, they're not comparable to guys with hundreds of comics, but to say Dr. M has no feats is ridiculous.

Starscream M
Jeez this gets more ridiculous with evry post. I can probly name two powers of silver surfer for evryone manhattan has. Probly three. Does surfer have limitless power? Is saying "surfer has limitless power now a coherent argument? Get this shit outta here.

1. He has shown extremely limited form of transmutation. transmuting objects and gas has no relevance here. Its a useless tactic against thanos who has superior transmutation feats to manhattan( actualy transmuted a being with complete control of his molecular structure). His tranmsmutation skills also pale in comparison to the likes of Surfer, Sersi,Firestorm, non of whom we would argue based solely on the presumption of "limitless power"

2. Either surfer or thanos can teleport themselves and others to any place they feel like.They have even shown greater range than he has by teleporting to different dimensions.

3. Surfer can look through as well as travel through time just as well.

4.Unproven. In his limited universe he has faced only physical means of destruction. Guys like surfer and thanos have more options than that.

5. Once again, to what extent was such displayed? Surfer has actually shown reat ability to chane his size and shape as well.

6. Creating copies of himself is nice. Surfer can do so as well, and you know what? Surfer hasnt told us any limit to how many he can create.

7. This really cracked me up. His consciousness is beyond our understanding? He lived in a world were no one had superpowers. IT being beyond their understanding is only expected. There was no high level telepath in that world. So to use that to claim high telepathy wont work is laughable.

8. Either thanos or silver surfer can destroy with a thought thanks to matter manipulation.

So thats it? Thats why u feel that claiming he has "limitless power" is a sufficient arguement in itself? Freaking pathetic. Thanos almost matched him power for power and had those abilities on higher levels. I could go ahead and name ten abilities that surfer has which he doesnt and surfer still doesnt qualify as having "limitless power".
Really this just gets worse and worse.lol

1. he has shown limited transmutation? yeah, cuz he was only in 1 issue. but neither has there been a limit to his transmutation...ie I can't say he can transmute better than thanos, and you can't say thanos can transmute better than Dr. m.

2. could surfer teleport? yes, like you said. but certainly not with the ease that Dr. M has demonstrated. or else why would surfer travel on the board...I'm sure instantaneous is faster than whatever speed he gets on the board.

3. how does surfer travel through time? Im asking seriously because that seems a bit of a godlike power to me. and why doesnt he change the past then?

4. unproven works both ways. I can't say with absolute certainty he can't be destroyed, and neither can you say he can be. we do know he has reformed from atoms and survived without a body.

5. he grew about the size of Galactus. again, good for surfer if he could do so as well...maybe he should do so in his fights, since bigger is better...all else being equal.

6. again, surfer can create copies of himself? why doesn't he do that in battles against tough opponents...certainly would be helpful to have multiple surfers rather than just one if you're fighting thanos, wouldnt you agree?

7. I never said telepathy won't work. But it certainly isn't a given that it will since his consciousness is so different from human minds.

8. nice, too bad they don't do so more often then, as surfer and thanos are pretty much always trying to destroy with their blasts. it would seem more efficient to destroy with just a thought if they were so capable.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Badabing
Yes, physics and logic dictate comics. duryes

Im a troll because i said people should logically assume if you can manipulate the sub atomic particles of a small object then you can a big one? And the writers of The Watchmen said they wanted it to be as close to science fact when developing dr. manhattan as they could do it. I think those are both very good points in a dr. m vs anyone thread. I never attacked anyone just stated the facts about dr. m....

Naija boy
lol me saying that eternals can only control their atomic structure and not sub atomic is false? They used to only have molecular control then it got retconned to where they could reform from atoms. It was never stated they could reform from subatomic particles. And theres a difference in reforming from atoms to be able to consciously control your subatomic particles to prevent a being who can control them from doing so. Either way it doesn't matter because no one has been able to say how thanos could kill Dr. M. yet theres been multiple ways given that manhattan could kill thanos (a million doctor manhattans blasting and manipulating thano's sub atomic structure for one).

facepalm. I never even mentioned thanos reforming from atoms as he isnt going to be disincoporated anyways. Thanos has complete control of his structure thanks to his enhanced matter manipulation abilities.(superior to that of Dr manhattans). Hence their is no way manhattan will be matter manipulating someone who has that ability on a superior level than he does. And its already been mentioned that thanos will mentally take out Dr Manhattan. Or he could drain his lifeforce/spiritetc. That is an attack on more of a mystical level.

And even a million Dr manhattans attacking thanos will really have no impact. His feats are regarding blastpower/matter manip are not in anyway high enough to give us reason to believe he can hurt thanos at all. Its like a million ants trying to break down a titanium door.

LDHZenkai
facepalm. I never even mentioned thanos reforming from atoms as he isnt going to be disincoporated anyways. Thanos has complete control of his structure thanks to his enhanced matter manipulation abilities.(superior to that of Dr manhattans). Hence their is no way manhattan will be matter manipulating someone who has that ability on a superior level than he does. And its already been mentioned that thanos will mentally take out Dr Manhattan. Or he could drain his lifeforce/spiritetc. That is an attack on more of a mystical level.

And even a million Dr manhattans attacking thanos will really have no impact. His feats are regarding blastpower/matter manip are not in anyway high enough to give us reason to believe he can hurt thanos at all. Its like a million ants trying to break down a titanium door.
I realize Thanos feats of blowing up galaxy and stuff is more than what Doctor M has done. But my point is...Thanos can only control his atomic structure. Not sub atomic. Dr. M can control sub atomic. So why is it that he can't control Thanos sub atomic structure when even thanos hasn't been shown in his current form to control matter in his own body on that level?

Bouboumaster
Manhattan is a GOD in the Watchmen because everyone else are humans. But there's big chances that Silver Surfer would whoop his ass. They have the same powerset, but while Manhattan wouldn't be able to stop all URSS missiles, Surfer would be able to whip the URSS out of the picture with a tough.

And Thanos killed Surfer with 3 punches.

Naija boy
I realize Thanos feats of blowing up galaxy and stuff is more than what Doctor M has done. But my point is...Thanos can only control his atomic structure. Not sub atomic. Dr. M can control sub atomic. So why is it that he can't control Thanos sub atomic structure when even thanos hasn't been shown in his current form to control matter in his own body on that level?

Thanos control of his bodily structure has never been limited to only atomic/molecular or whatever. He has been descriped as having complete control over his own entire structure and has shown to be able to manipulate matter on the subatomic level and even overcome others who themselves have complete control of their entire physical structure as well.

Starscream M
Thanos control of his bodily structure has never been limited to only atomic/molecular or whatever. He has been descriped as having complete control over his own entire structure and has shown to be able to manipulate matter on the subatomic level and even overcome others who themselves have complete control of their entire physical structure as well. so thanos can't be physically injured then? as he could also reform any physical injury instantaneously like dr. m could?

Naija boy
1. he has shown limited transmutation? yeah, cuz he was only in 1 issue. but neither has there been a limit to his transmutation...ie I can't say he can transmute better than thanos, and you can't say thanos can transmute better than Dr. m.

Nonsense.Yes Due to manhattans limited appearances and lack of feats, we cant truly determine the limits of his abilities, this is clear. Hence he shouldnt be placed in vs matches in the first place. But since he has been placed in this environment we have to use the criteria with which we determine combatants powerlevels i.e feats. And based on that Thanos transmutation>>>>Dr Ms

Surfers board has shown to be faster than teleportation. Also its an extremely false assumption that teleportation is difficult for surfer. He has shown a much wider range of teleportation than manhattan there has never been any indication of it being difficult. ITs simpl one of the many methods he has for transportation

Surfers time travels multiple ways. He has shown to peel back the layers of time,break through the time barrier with his speed,and simply move thru different time periods. Also he doesnt change the past because he knows that it has serious repercussionsIn marvel anyways

Surfer doesnt use some of these tactics in battle mainly because of CIS. Also in no way to a multiple surfer=multiple manhattans. Surfer himself is far above manhattan whether based on feats or solely powersets.

As i said, once he is placed within the KMC environment feats hold way. Manhattan has shown no resistance to such attacks that work on a beyond physical and mystical level

He has consciousness. thats enough. Thanos telepathy has overwhelmed other high level telepaths as well as beings that werent human as well so he actually has evidence of such working. On the other hand Manhattan has shown no resistance to such attacks once aain. And since this is a vs match, feats once again hold sway.

They have displayed their matter manipulating abiliteis more than enough times to show they are capable. Their blasts have a greater damage output as they are often facing beings against whom matter manip is ineffective. Doesnt change the fact that they CAN do so when they choose to. And yet they do not even have close to "limitles power"

The silly argument of "limitless power" does not even work in regards to people with far higher feats and displays of power than Dr manhattan.

Mindset
The following people have been warned:

Badabing

Naija boy
so thanos can't be physically injured then? as he could also reform any physical injury instantaneously like dr. m could?

I never claimed such. His matter manip abilities enable him to resist and prevent any attempt at the manipulation of his structure.

Mindset
so thanos can't be physically injured then? as he could also reform any physical injury instantaneously like dr. m could? Just wondering, do you think Dr. M could beat a Celestial?

Starscream M
Just wondering, do you think Dr. M could beat a Celestial? I don't know. I can't say he could because he doesn't have enough high feats. I can't say he can't because he hasn't shown limits. I don't think Dr. M should be in versus threads.

Mindset
I don't know. I can't say he could because he doesn't have enough high feats. I can't say he can't because he hasn't shown limits. I don't think Dr. M should be in versus threads. Aren't you arguing for him to win here?

Starscream M
Aren't you arguing for him to win here? no. Im arguing the fact that people say 'dr. m has no feats, therefore he loses' is a ridiculous line of argumentation. I personally believe he can beat thanos, but I don't think I have enough support to debate such a position.

Wild Shadow
thanos ftw via mind rape.

leonidas
for all his power, it was ALSO said in the series that dr m would be UNABLE to take out ALLthe soviet union's missles if they launched a nuclear attack against the USA. if he can't even take out a bunch of missles, i really don't know how we can suppose he's able to destroy worlds or galaxies . . .

i think there's enough about dr to put in threads--JUST enough to make discussions about him . . . interesting. otoh, the upgraded ss has not faced thanos, and it seems he would be better able to put up a fight. enough? probably not, but still, i don't think this is a complete stompage. smile

Starscream M
for all his power, it was ALSO said in the series that dr m would be UNABLE to take out ALLthe soviet union's missles if they launched a nuclear attack against the USA. if he can't even take out a bunch of missles, i really don't know how we can suppose he's able to destroy worlds or galaxies . . .

i think there's enough about dr to put in threads--JUST enough to make discussions about him . . . interesting. otoh, the upgraded ss has not faced thanos, and it seems he would be better able to put up a fight. enough? probably not, but still, i don't think this is a complete stompage. smile to put that into perspective, Superman had trouble taking out one nuclear missile in Kingdom Come

starlock
Team Thanos for the win

occultdestroyer
He can only take out 99% of the missles.

He probably didn't take out the last one because it's part of how the world works. He doesn't bother with human affairs.
As I see it, it is part of GOD's plan, and he has no right to alter that event.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Surfer is pretty much a non-factor for Thanos.

This match boils down to Dr. Manhattan VS Thanos.

The question is: What could Thanos do to harm Dr. Manhattan? Even if Thanos somehow generate tachyons and attack Dr. Manhattan with them, the effects are temporary. And Dr. Manhattan will instantaneously recover if Thanos tries dissolving him.

Unbelievable. Somehow... Surfer who has uber feats, stats and versatility isn't a factor and Dr. M is the deciding factor. You actually have that backwards. Dr. M has shown me nothing to say he could defeat Thanos or anybody on his level. Hyperbolic statements with limited feats don't get you wins on KMC.

quanchi112
Thanos, easily. Surfer would annihilate Manhattan to by the way.

leonidas
He can only take out 99% of the missles.

He probably didn't take out the last one because it's part of how the world works. He doesn't bother with human affairs.
As I see it, it is part of GOD's plan, and he has no right to alter that event.

that's actually inaccurate--it was said he could only take out 60% of the ussr's missiles. as far as the bit about god's plan . . . blink

anyway, i made the statement in direct reference to another post postulating that jon's powers are 'unlimited' and that he could possibly destroy galaxies . . .

leonidas
to put that into perspective, Superman had trouble taking out one nuclear missile in Kingdom Come

that's actually kinda funny since IRONMAN was able to take out multiple nukes himself!

meh, speaks more to power SET, than power LEVEL, anyway. least imo.

Enyalus
that's actually kinda funny since IRONMAN was able to take out multiple nukes himself!

meh, speaks more to power SET, than power LEVEL, anyway. least imo.

He doesn't know what he's talking about. Supes took the impact of it and was just fine. This was after he was weakened from being struck with Captain Marvel's lightning bolts four times.

LDHZenkai
that's actually inaccurate--it was said he could only take out 60% of the ussr's missiles. as far as the bit about god's plan . . . blink

anyway, i made the statement in direct reference to another post postulating that jon's powers are 'unlimited' and that he could possibly destroy galaxies . . .
Doctor Manhattan never says thats all he can destroy. Some army guy does. Which doesn't make any sense if you think about being as Dr. Manhattan can make clones of himself which appear to have his same powers. But like I said Dr. M isn't good in a versus thread because he was in a very limited amount of showings and never had to show a great deal of power. He showed amazing control over the building blocks of everything, and was stated to be able to do some amazing things but we never saw him do them. So for everyone to keep debating what he may or may not be able to do is kind of pointless because we don't know and can't know unless the writers make more stories.

Enyalus
Doctor Manhattan never says thats all he can destroy. Some army guy does. Which doesn't make any sense if you think about being as Dr. Manhattan can make clones of himself which appear to have his same powers. But like I said Dr. M isn't good in a versus thread because he was in a very limited amount of showings and never had to show a great deal of power. He showed amazing control over the building blocks of everything, and was stated to be able to do some amazing things but we never saw him do them. So for everyone to keep debating what he may or may not be able to do is kind of pointless because we don't know and can't know unless the writers make more stories.

laughing out loud +1 for the sig, which is hilarious, man.

LDHZenkai
laughing out loud +1 for the sig, which is hilarious, man.
lol thanks. i got bored :-P

iceman24567
He doesn't know what he's talking about. Supes took the impact of it and was just fine. This was after he was weakened from being struck with Captain Marvel's lightning bolts four times. thumb up Kc Supes tanked the blast easily.

Enyalus
thumb up Kc Supes tanked the blast easily.
thumb up Kingdom Come? Pwnage.

The Kingdom? Suckage.

leonidas
Doctor Manhattan never says thats all he can destroy. Some army guy does.

but he was quoting jon himself . . . and that was beofre jon went all "i'm no longer interested in humanity" on everyone. erm

as far as his copies go, i'm unsure of the limits on them, or even whether he simply pulls them out of time, ala gog. regardless, he's an interesting character to discuss.

LDHZenkai
but he was quoting jon himself . . . and that was beofre jon went all "i'm no longer interested in humanity" on everyone. erm

as far as his copies go, i'm unsure of the limits on them, or even whether he simply pulls them out of time, ala gog. regardless, he's an interesting character to discuss.
he's interesting to discuss but not in a versus forum because everyone will just point to his feats and say he has none. Since no one goes by logical assumption based on stated and shown evidence. So that's why I think putting him in vs forums is kinda pointless.

leonidas
he's interesting to discuss but not in a versus forum because everyone will just point to his feats and say he has none. Since no one goes by logical assumption based on stated and shown evidence. So that's why I think putting him in vs forums is kinda pointless.

could be. he's a lot like onslaught in that sense. hmmm . . . shifty

Eon Blue
Manhattan

iceman24567
he's interesting to discuss but not in a versus forum because everyone will just point to his feats and say he has none. Since no one goes by logical assumption based on stated and shown evidence. So that's why I think putting him in vs forums is kinda pointless. Based on logical assumption Thanos wins no expression

Makky

Logical assumption according to you is what you mean to say smile .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.