Hyperstorm Vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SouthSpawn
In an all out war.

Nihilist
Thanos, why because hyperboyle did f*ck all feat wise to suugest he can win this.

Harbinger
It'd be an interesting match if Hyperstorm had more feats, but as it stands, I'm co-signing Nihilist here.

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by Nihilist
Thanos, why because hyperboyle did f*ck all feat wise to suugest he can win this.

Dude, you are offically on my ROBOT list.

You have no mind of your own.

Why even have VS battles for real.

Let's just leave it up writers to decide.

In fact, we need to change the rules here.

The rule should be, IF the fight never took place in the comic, than you can't talk about it in a VS battle.

For example, If two people both have the ability to change matter at will.
But guy #1 shows a less degree of it in one comic over guy #2.

Until they are matched up with each other in a comic, we can't really tell who is better.

Maybe guy #1 didn't need to use a lot of power in his situation Vs guy #2.

Or maybe the writer of guy #1 wanted to gradually show the powers of his guy from comic to comic, but the comic didn't sale so well, and the writer got fired, so he was never able to show the real power of his guy Vs guy #2.

Or maybe guy #1 was a good guy that held himself back from showing his true potential, where guy #2 was a evil villian who doesn't mean using his abilities to the full extent.

Maybe the writer was an idiot and didn't tell the readers that guy #1 was purposely holding back his powers. Maybe he thought people will already assume this.

So hey, if they haven't fought in the comics, then screw it, there ain't no point in talking about who will win.

Leaving stuff up to "feats" only is a STUPID idea, simply because too many variables go into writing a story.

There are business sides of writing, which is why I hate Superman.
Superman is a business poster boy, which is why he has tons of feats.

If you are a person who argues on feats only, that means you are aruging with somewhat of the politics that keeps a character in the mainstream.

Like I said before, Thanos is POPULAR and everyone knows who he is.
Therefore, going by feats alone, he can't lose easily.

SuperiorTech
Originally posted by SouthSpawn

The rule should be, IF the fight never took place in the comic, than you can't talk about it in a VS battle.

Until they are matched up with each other in a comic, we can't really tell who is better.

Or maybe the writer of guy #1 wanted to gradually show the powers of his guy from comic to comic, but the comic didn't sale so well, and the writer got fired, so he was never able to show the real power of his guy Vs guy #2.

Or maybe guy #1 was a good guy that held himself back from showing his true potential, where guy #2 was a evil villian who doesn't mean using his abilities to the full extent.

Maybe the writer was an idiot and didn't tell the readers that guy #1 was purposely holding back his powers. Maybe he thought people will already assume this.

So hey, if they haven't fought in the comics, then screw it, there ain't no point in talking about who will win.

Leaving stuff up to "feats" only is a STUPID idea, simply because too many variables go into writing a story.

If you are a person who argues on feats only, that means you are aruging with somewhat of the politics that keeps a character in the mainstream.

I certainly hope you feel better now you got that off your chest.

Enyalus
*skip*

Now tell us how you really feel. And please, don't sugar-coat it.

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
I certainly hope you feel better now you got that off your chest.

Feel the same actually.

I hope you feel better.

It's that the ONLY thing you can say, at least you can argue why I am wrong.

The Nuul
HS has next to no feats.

AlmightyKfish

The alternative is fighting by powersets. And by that logic Surfer kills everyone.

SuperiorTech
Feel the same actually.

I hope you feel better.

Seriously that long rant you just rattled off didnt make you feel any better ah sorry to hear that.

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by SuperiorTech
Seriously that long rant you just rattled off didnt make you feel any better ah sorry to hear that.

Nice come back teenager, nice come back.

Kris Blaze
Some people have a hard time realizing that it's possible to the have the same powerset and operate on completely different levels.

SouthSpawn
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish
The alternative is fighting by powersets. And by that logic Surfer kills everyone.

No, I think it's a combination of powersets as well as trying to get a scope of opinion of where the "writer(s)" are going with a character.

For example, let's just say the execs at Marvel said that we are going to let the writers write the first 3 comics of the new World War Hulk series.

If they sale well, then they will write the finishing comics.
If they don't sale, then they will not fund any more money into the project.

There goes any possible feats of the character right there.

So IMO, it's our job to read the comics, and try to "imagine" how powerful the character was going to become, and where excatly are they are trying to take the character in the future, because there might not be a future if some exec decides to pull any support for the comic.

Yes, it's HIGHLY opinionated on what how far a character was going to grow, but that's what places like this are for.

It's to take a little evidence that you have and expand it to something greater, even if it's not on paper.

That's the whole purpose of comics IMO, it's to allow us to think outside the box and come up with our own conclusions.

IMO, people who cry about "There are not enough feats for this character".

You basically saying, "There isn't enough fan base for this character, because some business exec didn't think it was a good idea to throw money and marketing into a specific character".

More Feats = Popularity Contest.

Let the FLAMES begin

Nihilist

Therefore, going by feats alone, he can't lose easily. you just dont get it, do you.

if he has no feats,so how the f*ck do you judge how well or to what extent he uses his full power? by guessing, GTFO with that rubbish powerset crap,by you're reasoning guys like surfer or even apocalypse dominate.

as for you're schoolboy rantfacepalm

BruceSkywalker
prolly thanos

rotiart
Superman has feats showing him using ftl combat thinking and skills.
While sentry supposedly has the same powerset. He hasn't shown that level of skill.

Powerset can be assumed but skill cannot.

Thanos had the balls to take on guys like elder gods, the rot, Thor, Odin, galactus, omega, surfer, tyrant, quasar, Adam warlock, in betweener... Etc... An have decent showings...

Maybe hyperstorm for all his power sucks at usage and becomes a jobber like superskrull or terrax. To me hyperstorm is someones wet dream of ultimate power...

guy222
Hyperstorm's potential is enough to destroy Thanos

Pawned Doom, Reed, Thing and Sue

That's nice

Then Marvel had em in a struggle with Galactus. Galactus returned. Hype hasn't been seen since

Feats, Thanos has more. So.....

SouthSpawn
you just dont get it, do you.

if he has no feats,so how the f*ck do you judge how well or to what extent he uses his full power? by guessing, GTFO with that rubbish powerset crap,by you're reasoning guys like surfer or even apocalypse dominate.

as for you're schoolboy rantfacepalm

facepalm WOW, I am sorry, it's I must be talking to a teenager here.

My bad, you win little kid. facepalm

frommd
Well, Galactus beat him by siphoning his power. Not sure Thanos could duplicate that feat. Not saying he would lose, but the battle may be closer than most seem to think.

rotiart
The problem is that most can't think anything since Boone knows if hyperstorm even really knows how to tap into his powers well.

Say for example thanos was a handgun and hyperstorm was a bazooka. Let's say thanos has excellent training and could hit you in the face from 1000 yards...

Let's say hyperstorm being the bazooka... For all his power... Doesn't understand how to hold the weapon properly, deal with bracing, etc.

Thanos puts a bullet in hyperstorms face an the rocket fires aimlessly into space...

Yes hyperstorm has the powerset to put down thanos if used properly...

Another example is iceman. Before the white queen over took his body he never knew that there was so much more to his powers than just ice slides... He was like a rookie with his powers or twenty odd years. The white queen matered them in minutes...

D_Dude1210
facepalm WOW, I am sorry, it's I must be talking to a teenager here.

My bad, you win little kid. facepalm

TBH, your rant qualified you more for that category than his did. :/

Nihilist
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
TBH, your rant qualified you more for that category than his did. :/ thumb up mine was a statement, how do you judge somebody when their limit's are not known.

SouthSpawn
thumb up mine was a statement, how do you judge somebody when their limit's are not known.

That's the whole point dude, USE YOUR OWN IMAGINATION!!!!!!!

You do have a "GENERAL" scrope of a characters powers, as well as how the writers introduce the character.

You can make arugments on that alone.

Comics are FICTION, they aren't real.
Comics in general are used to generate "creative thinking".

At least that's how I see it.

Leaving EVERYTHING up to the writers is not using your own imagination to create argument.

Since you don't understand or agree with me, than we are at an Impass.

I guess we both will just see each other as IDIOTS!!!

Nihilist
That's the whole point dude, USE YOUR OWN IMAGINATION!!!!!!!

You do have a "GENERAL" scrope of a characters powers, as well as how the writers introduce the character.

You can make arugments on that alone.

Comics are FICTION, they aren't real.
Comics in general are used to generate "creative thinking".

At least that's how I see it.

Leaving EVERYTHING up to the writers is not using your own imagination to create argument.

Since you don't understand or agree with me, than we are at an Impass.

I guess we both will just see each other as IDIOTS!!! oh, i fully understand.

but on kmc we dont debate like this.

Utrigita
Based on Potential Hyperstorm.

Based on Feats Thanos.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Utrigita
Based on Potential Hyperstorm.

Based on Feats Thanos. Fully agree thumb up

Badabing
Southspawn, you've been in the reports way too much this week. Next time you flame, troll, bait, spam or bash it's a warning.

Nihilist, there's no reason for you to go off on anybody regardless of what they post.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Badabing
Southspawn, you've been in the reports way too much this week. Next time you flame, troll, bait, spam or bash it's a warning.

Nihilist, there's no reason for you to go off on anybody regardless of what they post. Where did i go off on someone? or do you mean when i reponded to being called at.

Badabing
Where did i go off on someone? or do you mean when i reponded to being called at. Warned for asking me a question which you already knew the answer. facepalm

Yes, please use the report or ignore.

Nihilist
Originally posted by Badabing
Warned for asking me a question which you already knew the answer. facepalm

Yes, please use the report or ignore. im being honest, where?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.