The state of the forum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TricksterPriest
As Bada just said:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f77/t501191.html

The forum is in danger of closing.

As a long time forum dude, I feel this merits discussion. Mainly because there are certain reasons why it is happening, and individuals who should be held accountable for it.

I have been called biased and other things, some of it justly. But if this forum does fall, then at least I will take heart that I am blameless in it's demise.

Let all come and be heard, for this may be the last days of comics vs. sad

Enyalus
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
As Bada just said:

I just wanna say, I thought the above link was going to be to a respect thread.

I'm somewhat disappointed.

Mekrob
meow <- the sound a cat makes

Mindset
meeeeeeeoooooooooooooooooow

psycho gundam
individuals who should be held accountable for it. please elaborate.

Mekrob
Originally posted by psycho gundam
please elaborate. dogs

They make cat's life a living heck

shokosugi
please elaborate.

don't look at me.

TricksterPriest
please elaborate.

I think not. That would mean the thread would be closed. stick out tongue

psycho gundam
Originally posted by shokosugi
don't look at me. you're harmless. nobody really takes you seriously. no offense.

i mean, the "b-level" thing was kinda funny at first, then it got all "whatchyu talkin bout willis!?" in a hurry.

Mindset
your harmless. nobody really takes you seriously.

i mean, the "b-level" thing was kinda funny at first, then it got all "whatchyu talkin bout willis!?" in a hurry. pretty much

Mekrob
OK, in all honesty, I blame the forum being closed on Trick's relentless logic.

He posts a link to the respect thread, and the whole thread dies. No one can keep up with his spot on points, and hammering arguments beneath him.

If I'm correct (of course I am), everyone reports him for killing the thread shortly after.

And the reports from him doing that alone range in the 100's.

Knowsbleed33
KMC has been rather sedate lately.

guy222
I hope it stays open

Comics are enjoyable and fun

shokosugi
i hope it stays open too. you guys are my bestfriends.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Mekrob
OK, in all honesty, I blame the forum being closed on Trick's relentless logic.

He posts a link to the respect thread, and the whole thread dies. No one can keep up with his spot on points, and hammering arguments beneath him.

If I'm correct (of course I am), everyone reports him for killing the thread shortly after.

And the reports from him doing that alone range in the 100's. The reason the forum's gone down since his arrival is because Trick's just too damn good. Nobody can keep up. Drove me right away from KMC.

D_Dude1210
Maaaan! If they close this forum, I won't have anything to do at work anymore...! My productivity may skyrocket...! NOOoooOO!!!

Sin I AM
THIS IS HORRID!! why cant the mods just ban those who cause the uproar? why does the actions of a few have to mean punishment 4 all?

tkitna
I try not to get into it or too personal with anybody on here and I havent really seen the venom thats causing this problem, but I would hope that the forum can stay open. If its the people that keeps reporting others,,,grow up already. Do people actually hold grudges over thinking a stupid comic book character can beat up some other comic book character? If so,,,,,wow!

Phantom Zone
Wow so its really gonna happen?

Eternal Idol
I blame you. uhuh

Phantom Zone
Talkin to me?

Eternal Idol
Yeah. You wanna fight about it?

We should all stock up on supplies, withdraw our savings, and hide in our bomb shelters, like we did for Y2k

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Eternal Idol
Yeah. You wanna fight about it?

Nope.

We should all stock up on supplies, withdraw our savings, and hide in our bomb shelters, like we did for Y2k

You did? dur

Eternal Idol
Nah, I was being facetious.

Phantom Zone
Nah, I was being facetious.

Yeah I know...and you know I know....

don't you? laughing out loud

occultdestroyer
Mods should give out a warning or two if said member(s) go overboard and bridges the rules.

If they neglect said warning(s), then perma-ban them.

A simple solution for a simple problem.

Darth Macabre
Wow, I had no idea it was in this bad of shape. Even though I don't come in this forum very much anymore, it still kind of stinks, especially since I first signed up for KMC for the versus forum.

Eternal Idol
Backfire used the term "stinker". He's much more vulgar than that everywhere else on KMC.

The mods are conspiring against us...

Avlon
Why would mods that don't regulate this forum care about what happens here?

Do all the reports fall in a pool of some kind that needs to be sorted out?

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Avlon
Why would mods that don't regulate this forum care about what happens here?

Do all the reports fall in a pool of some kind that needs to be sorted out?

I assume it is because most of the members that frequent here are the ones that, according to them, cause all kinds of trouble elsewhere.

That and I think mods can see how many reports/warnings/bans a forum has. It looks bad when we have more reports/warnings/socks than all the other forums combined.

But I agree, they do not have to deal with us directly, so why should they care? However, you have to remember, the mods (and by extension the people they mod) of KMC are prejudice against the comic book section. They hate us because they think we are nothing more than pathetic geeks who shout "superman strongest, he win!!@#~~!!". I remember one time our entire forum got into a big...."discussion" with another forum (Off Topic was it?) because they said how much they hated us. It was a pretty rough time.

I just think that the mods on a general basis are elitist pigs who cannot stomach when things do not go "their" way. "Their" way being having to deal with the comic book fans who find their way into their forums, or having to hear about us all the time in reports. I just say, the reports mean we have flavor, that is too say personality. It is inherent in a VS section that competition will arise. If they were too hard headed to notice that in the first place, that is there fault, but they cannot just carve out the section. It would not be a pretty thing for them to do.

BlackZero30x
I just want to add THIS SUCKS....ya know im gonna be honest...this makes me upset because i dont have alot of friends on here maybe and i dont post in everything but i love this place...when i have a problem i come here because no matter what it has a way of making me feel better...anyways like I said THIS SUCKS

kgkg
Well it's a Vs thread especially with controversial stuff were people are debating superheroes is bound to have disagreement , fights , insults , trolls , spammers , reports etc.

Also this section has the most traffic it's what should be expected of people.

this is no excuse to act like a retard though

Avlon
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I assume it is because most of the members that frequent here are the ones that, according to them, cause all kinds of trouble elsewhere.

Then they should handle that in their own forum on their own terms. They knew what the "job" entailed when they accepted it.

That and I think mods can see how many reports/warnings/bans a forum has. It looks bad when we have more reports/warnings/socks than all the other forums combined.

Sounds plausible. My take: If they can't handle the Vs. section, they don't need to be here. We already have mods that took the job mostly knowing what they were getting into.

But I agree, they do not have to deal with us directly, so why should they care? However, you have to remember, the mods (and by extension the people they mod) of KMC are prejudice against the comic book section. They hate us because they think we are nothing more than pathetic geeks who shout "superman strongest, he win!!@#~~!!". I remember one time our entire forum got into a big...."discussion" with another forum (Off Topic was it?) because they said how much they hated us. It was a pretty rough time.

A bunch of guys who are "in charge" of a "movie site which features video games and anime" on the internet having a superiority complex on people who enjoy comics is laughable. Especially if they are catching feelings over a forum they don't normally have to deal with.

I just think that the mods on a general basis are elitist pigs who cannot stomach when things do not go "their" way. "Their" way being having to deal with the comic book fans who find their way into their forums, or having to hear about us all the time in reports. I just say, the reports mean we have flavor, that is too say personality. It is inherent in a VS section that competition will arise. If they were too hard headed to notice that in the first place, that is there fault, but they cannot just carve out the section. It would not be a pretty thing for them to do.

Luckily for us, we do have good mods in this part of town. I have to give a lot of credit to Bada and Raoul for their professionalism in spite of some of the crazyness here.

Great points btw.

Nihilist
Great post avlon thumb up

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Sin I AM
THIS IS HORRID!! why cant the mods just ban those who cause the uproar? why does the actions of a few have to mean punishment 4 all?

That would be my solution to be bluntly honest. If a person is trolling or won't play by the rules, x number of warnings and you're out as opposed to seeing people get a 'last warning' and then another warning and then another 'last warning'. Maybe not permanently but some sort of ban that would result in a permanent ban if repeated.

There could be lesser measures like banning a person from threads involving particular characters that they are hopelessly biased for or against but the general pattern seems to be that people just ignore warnings and bans might be the only thing that works at this point.

Of course we should all be banned for backseat moderating now.

laughing

starlock
I used to be on the vs forum more than any other part of the site...its where i started to first post.....after some time.........i just stayed away from it.....my post's in it have become... "" for the win.....to me its not for debating anymore....its filled with foul mouthed,
unreasonable,bias...people who think its cool to go against the grain..so the posters should take most of the blame..to some extent i blame it on the rules...on the other hand....i blame it on the mods also...but being someone who was a mod,and ran my own site for some time...the problem comes when there are distinctions between a mod/global mod....the ability to handle any situation becomes a waiting game. any mod should be able to make a decision instantly and permanently at their whim

But i always believed the forum should be policed by us alone.by our mutual respect for one another and being courteous and understanding of each other..the mods should only be needed as a last resort..in the end...we have only ourselves to blame for it...they gave us the tools to work around posters who are causing problems....but as a group we have failed i.m.o

SupremeMan
Originally posted by starlock
I used to be on the vs forum more than any other part of the site...its where i started to first post.....after some time.........i just stayed away from it.....my post's in it have become... "" for the win.....to me its not for debating anymore....its filled with foul mouthed,
unreasonable,bias...people who think its cool to go against the grain..so the posters should take most of the blame..to some extent i blame it on the rules...on the other hand....i blame it on the mods also...but being someone who was a mod,and ran my own site for some time...the problem comes when there are distinctions between a mod/global mod....the ability to handle any situation becomes a waiting game. any mod should be able to make a decision instantly and permanently at their whim

But i always believed the forum should be policed by us alone.by our mutual respect for one another and being courteous and understanding of each other..the mods should only be needed as a last resort..in the end...we have only ourselves to blame for it...they gave us the tools to work around posters who are causing problems....but as a group we have failed i.m.o

I really like your point that each of us has personal moderator powers. Its called 'Ignore'. Instead of pushing the report button (more than once on the same person anyway), we can just hit ignore. Now the sad result might be that more and more the trolls and people that won't argue by the rules feel they have taken over. Or it might give the mods more time to deal with them.

I have noticed that most people give no reason why one character would beat another and some often ignore/ explain away evidence.

Juk3n
I'll take full responsibility for the state of things. As long as someone takes responsibility for Agent X not selling like it should have. It's awsome.

and if this is the last of kmc comic vs forum then let me add a few things to set the record straite.

-Spider-man will kick the Wolverines ass more often then not.
-Blade is PHYSICALLY superior to Elektra.
-Steve Rogers will beat the shit out of Bruce cunty-fans Wayne 11 times out of 10, and GTF off my internetz if you disagree.
-Sprite > 7up all day long.
-Daredevil would smash Cassandra Cain for 6.
-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wo_h0VCDAaI is the greatest tv commercial ever made.
-Hulk is the weakest link on any battle field that includes Gladiator, Wonderwoman, and just about any other major FLYING +cl100 heavy hitter with exotic powers, so get off his shrivelled green dikk!
-Thanos > All
-Thor is cool
-Cake > Pie
-You ARE retarded if you make a slugfest vs thread with Classic Juggernaut and say "no bfr". FACT!
-"Is Batman allowed to scream?" is the funniest line ever put into text and posted on the internet, you know who you are.
-Psylocke is sexy
-Fcuk the Tennage Mutant Ninja Turtles!!!
-Studio UDON do the best Artwork in comicdom.
-Gambit is cool.
-Cyclops could be cooler i suppose, but he can still kick major ass.
-WWH and RED hulk sagas can die.
-

starlock
Originally posted by SupremeMan
I really like your point that each of us has personal moderator powers. Its called 'Ignore'. Instead of pushing the report button (more than once on the same person anyway), we can just hit ignore. Now the sad result might be that more and more the trolls and people that won't argue by the rules feel they have taken over. Or it might give the mods more time to deal with them.

I have noticed that most people give no reason why one character would beat another and some often ignore/ explain away evidence.

There is also an inherrent problem with the ignore button....it does not alert the mods to a problem i.m.o...it just seems to let the problem poster know that thier actions are affecting the boards...which is what they want....i think the report button is a needed function..even repeated use of it.....for the right reasons..but that is the whole point of this..i think...what happens to the report..and what can a mod do?...do they have to call a meeting with the other mods to make a decision?...do they have to wait for a global mod to make a decision....if you ask me..any mod..at any time..should be able to ban any poster without any need for interactions with another mod....if we as member's of the site dont like it...well then those who disagree can leave if you ask me...me personally..i feel i dont have anything to worry about...so it wont bother me in the least....and if it did...well i can leave at any time

Scuzz2.0
is this going to happen? this is the only part of kmc i ever visit! i cant say i understand the problem, just because there are a lot of reports they are shutting it down? why does it make a dif? i think it is BS!

The Nuul

Great post and I agree. The other global/mods are just not into comics thus they set this section up for failure or dont care and will want this to go down. Kinda immature if you ask me, we dont have any beef with the other forums.

Lord Feron
This aint a vs thread so hence breaking the rules already... but yeah this would suck if this went down. How else can i kill time at work sad.

Blair Wind
Digi's post in the Attention thread with my own comments as responses.

So wait, because they cannot handle us then they are going to "get rid of us"? With the traffic that we give them combined with the ad clicks we invariably hit (assuming this site is monetized), we are the backbone to this entire forums. I mean, who ever goes on the main site anyways? We keep everything running. No traffic means no point for the forums in the first place.

Raz has not had much time to do ANYTHING since he is rarely on ANYWAYS. Why not trade in the old hag for a more active administrator? I vote Digimark or Badabing for the position.

But besides that, the the reason I come to KMC and not Herochat, or CBR is because of the layout. Simple, I like the way KMC has their layout done. That and the relationships we have all formed. You know how long it would take me to make a new forum pro-Iceman? It took YEARS here! You cannot just throw history out the window, bunch of elitist, authoritarian, tyrannical, e-powered wannabe dictators.

Can we sign a petition? Do something? You close us out, or make us "go away" and I assure you, there will be e-riots all over the place. Not a threat, but a prediction.

Thank you Digi and Bada for keeping us informed though. At least we can vent here and not go arguing with backwards evolving imbeciles like Backfire.

Newjak
Well first I would like to say I'm pretty sure the other Mods do have to deal with the complaints coming from the Vs sections. At the very least I'm sure we give the globals a big ol headache.

As to the state of the forums. Meh if we're gonna blame anyone we should blame ourselves. It isn't like the other mods dislike for us is a well kept secret. We allowed ourselves to forget the most important part of this. Comics are supposed to be fun. We debate Superman vs Thor ( shifty ) because it is fun to go over the scenarios in our head.

We forgot that it is easy to ignore people we don't like. Correct and move on. We're all guilty, myself included, of taking things to far. Reporting should be saved not when someone disagrees with you or you feel someone is being unreasonable. It should be saved for when there is a true blue illegitimate case of rules being broken. So I think we could have done a lot better jobs with ourselves in helping to make this the most fun and enjoyable part of KMC like it is stick out tongue

With that being said though I would hate to see this forum closed down without a general, Public discussion on the matter. I feel if this forum is in trouble it would best serve both parties if we could make a topic where we as the users can state our side of the affairs while the mods can voice theirs as well. Hopefully instead degenerating into a sides war we can work together and compromise on what is needed to keep the VS section open.

Communication and a willingness to be open minded is needed here.

The Nuul
I started off in the Vs thread than that lead me to the other forums that I visit time to time. Ok fine this thread causes some issues but isnt it the globals/mods job to deal with this and not complain about it? this section is the forums bread and butter.

Nihilist
Do the others mod's realize if this vs forum close's KMC will die along with it? as we bring more traffic than all the other forum's combined.

The Nuul
Bada and Pr does a great job with this forum, but I do think they need to be Globals for this section because it needs the most control. And not ask a globals which takes years to ban someone. Granted we just got Digi now, but still it wouldnt hurt to do so. I also agree that we need a more active Admin and have two of them.

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Nuul
The issue is not so much with this section, IMO we need more active admins and mods. Digi, PR and Bada does a great job here in the VS thread. i didnt mean the comic section mods.

Allankles
As Bada just said:

As a long time forum dude, I feel this merits discussion. Mainly because there are certain reasons why it is happening, and individuals who should be held accountable for it.

I have been called biased and other things, some of it justly. But if this forum does fall, then at least I will take heart that I am blameless in it's demise.

Let all come and be heard, for this may be the last days of comics vs. sad

Tis a shame, I've become fond of this place lately.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by Nihilist
Do the others mod's realize if this vs forum close's KMC will die along with it? as we bring more traffic than all the other forum's combined.

That's a fact. I've posted on a couple of the other forums. In one case, two days went by before there was another post after mine. In another case, there seems to be about two to four posts a day (and that was the Star Trek forum). eek! Without the Versus forum, KMC will still exist but who cares. There won't be enough posts for it to matter. Maybe from the Mod viewpoint that's a good thing but only because its easy to moderate a relatively dead set of forums.

Wonder Man
Their board they run it

Starscream M
guys, whining about the eventuality won't stop the vs forum from shutting down

we have to have a backup plan

let's choose another vs board to go to when the kmc vs section closes

any suggestions?

Phantom Zone
herochat.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
herochat. ok one vote for herochat

Blair Wind
Originally posted by Starscream M
guys, whining about the eventuality won't stop the vs forum from shutting down

we have to have a backup plan

let's choose another vs board to go to when the kmc vs section closes

any suggestions?

A backup plan, while useful, only validates that we allow this to happen.

Herochat hates us as much as the Mods hate us, and we would all get banned from CBR forums if we debated like we do here.

In all honesty, I think if we got a large enough group together and "petitioned" to stay, we may be able to convince them to allow us to stay. Either that or, after they shut us down, we pester them long enough to realize we were less of a headache when we had the VS forums.

Juk3n
herochat. Have you seen some of the idiotic things put into type over at Herochat. I mean for christ sake the genral concensus over there is that Batman and Rogers are brawling equals and Hulk can take Superman. Herochat is the Laymans KMC. stick out tongue

The Nuul
There is no back up plan, they threat use like a bastard child and they dont want to deal with us. Either way its wrong. You dont deal with a problem by dismissing it or ignoring it, YOU FIX IT and some globals/mods dont want to do that. Thats their job here, if they cant that they should find someone who can.

Some other mod just posted and proves my point, they dont want to fix it, they want the easy way out!

Lord Feron
To be honest KMC is the only place i know sad .

Scuzz2.0
Originally posted by Lord Feron
To be honest KMC is the only place i know sad .

same here

Starscream M

In all honesty, I think if we got a large enough group together and "petitioned" to stay, we may be able to convince them to allow us to stay. Either that or, after they shut us down, we pester them long enough to realize we were less of a headache when we had the VS forums. our petition would mean nothing

they're shutting us down because we're too LARGE, not too small. they're very well aware of how many posters there are and how much traffic the vs drives. those factors have been taken into account in their decision making process.

second, if we pester them after they shut the vs forum down, that only validates their decision to do so. And they certainly won't capitulate to us, given that they're holding all the chips.

we have to have the power in our hands...ie, threaten to move in mass exodus before they have a chance to shut us down imo.

Newjak

Herochat hates us as much as the Mods hate us, and we would all get banned from CBR forums if we debated like we do here.

In all honesty, I think if we got a large enough group together and "petitioned" to stay, we may be able to convince them to allow us to stay. Either that or, after they shut us down, we pester them long enough to realize we were less of a headache when we had the VS forums. Truth

The Nuul
I noticed how they keep getting in their two cent say in the attention thread but keep it locked. While this one will get lock and we cant have our say.

Newjak
I noticed how they keep getting in their two cent say in the attention thread but keep it locked. While this one will get lock and we cant have our say. Well that's probably for the best because I could see a bunch of people going in and flaming the sttention thread.

For now it is probably best used as a mod/update thread for us.

kevdude
Well I would go to CBR a bit more and post or Herochat more but mostly CMX as they are the next best thing to KMC. I don't think they should close the vs forums, this is the most active other then oft and I never knew some of them hated us lol. Has Raz really complained that much about the vs forum?? We rarely ever see him.. Why would he agree to take off half the board?? Get rid of the ppl that cause problems and keep it open, or have more thick skin. All the ignore button does is have the user its used against win against the other poster who can't stand them and they use the report button as that is suppose to fix it. I hope you do not close it.

The Nuul
If anyone should complain it should be the ones who mod this thread, they have the front line work but yet they dont really. Well, not on the same level as the other mods and globals.

And I agree with the ingore function, I use it often.

Starscream M
Originally posted by kevdude
Well I would go to CBR a bit more and post or Herochat more but mostly CMX as they are the next best thing to KMC. I don't think they should close the vs forums, this is the most active other then oft and I never knew some of them hated us lol. Has Raz really complained that much about the vs forum?? We rarely ever see him.. Why would he agree to take off half the board?? Get rid of the ppl that cause problems and keep it open, or have more thick skin. All the ignore button does is have the user its used against win against the other poster who can't stand them and they use the report button as that is suppose to fix it. I hope you do not close it. whats cmx?

Naija boy
The closing of the comic vs forum indeed will be a sad day for KMC. I honestly dont think the forum as whole will be able to recover from it

This i believe is a claim made to cover up for the silly prejudice the have againt this forum. I mean seriously people here cause trouble "elsewhere"? What elsewhere? This is the lifeblood of KMC whether they like it or not. Understandily with the volume of posts it gets and the fact that is a VS forum and so bound to cause disagreements, it probly has alot more reports and whatnot than other forums but it all balances itself out.

Another thing im wondering is why mods who have admittedly no interest in comics and hence little to do with this section have been "rallying for years" (lol at the absurdity of this) to get it shut down. The mods we do have are very knowledgeable and respectable individuals with interest in comics a well. They understand the rationale and innerworkings of the vs forum and hence know how to best handle it. Therefore i believe if there are problems they should be given freer reign and greater authority in order to solve those said problems.

kevdude
whats cmx?

CMX is ComiXtreme,
Out of all the 4 it is nearly as big as Herochat 3, with CBR #1 and KMC #2.

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/index.php

nimbus006
I had no idea the forum was in such a poor state...

I say we fight to keep it alive...

"Never compromise even in the face of Armageddon".

SupremeMan

In all honesty, I think if we got a large enough group together and "petitioned" to stay, we may be able to convince them to allow us to stay. Either that or, after they shut us down, we pester them long enough to realize we were less of a headache when we had the VS forums.

I am not familiar with HeroChat. I heard a comment once to the effect its far more out of control than this forum. As to CBR, yes we would all get banned for doing the stuff that people do here but isn't that a large part of why KMC is considering shutting us down, because of the very things that happen here that would get us banned at CBR?

I'd personally prefer to just see the rules enforced here. The backbiting, ignoring feats and so on eliminated by way of banning the people that persist in doing it. But then we'd basically be CBR. I think the problem here is that the versus forum has so much traffic and most of the mods are not interested in policing it. Violations go on and on. Threads that are curbstomps by the rules go a dozen pages and that's a dozen pages of ignoring feats, etc.

Its just a nuisance to the mods because comic books are not the main point of the forums as they are on some sets of forums.

I would personally prefer a forum that is a bit more open in terms of 'admissability' in terms of evidence than what CBR is. But I'd also like one that is a bit more civil. The truth is that a child will do as much as he sees he can get away with and we tend to be child-like ourselves when we see we can be. I see a lot of people using this forum to vent their chauvinism and resentments. I suppose that is the appeal for them.

BlackZero30x
what about a mutual vs topic and mutual judge and if they lose the debate then all the mods who said they thought this was a good idea or wanted this is banned forever BUT if we lose then nothing happens to us!! shifty lol but seriously they should let us vote.

SupremeMan
Originally posted by kevdude
CMX is ComiXtreme,
Out of all the 4 it is nearly as big as Herochat 3, with CBR #1 and KMC #2.

http://www.comixtreme.com/forums/index.php

Thanks for the link.

"what about a mutual vs topic and mutual judge and if they lose the debate then all the mods who said they thought this was a good idea or wanted this is banned forever BUT if we lose then nothing happens to us!! shifty lol but seriously they should let us vote."

Just designate versus forum mods and give them banning power regarding anything that happens on the versus forum.

I do believe that on most sets of forums, the versus forum tends to be the busiest by far so I can understand the mods' desire to be free of the burden, especially if they are not primarily interested in comics and even less interested in versus threads. The problem is that, by volume alone, it is clear that the overwhelming majority of members on this or any set of forums are interested more in versus threads than anything else. Its just human nature. Its quick, easy and fun. evil face

occultdestroyer
herochat.
No way man.
I ain't going back to that place.

I literally got flamed there by a bunch of fanboys for backing up LT in a "Superman VS LT" thread.
Yes, you read that right: SUPERMAN VS LIVING freakin' TRIBUNAL.

I know Supes is popular and probably strongest metahuman ever.
But LT. LOLWUT?? O_o

KMC, by far, has the best Comic VS forum in teh internetz.
I've also been to Comicvine. Same shit as Herochat.

PS:
IMHO, closing down this forum will not fair well for KMC. This section has the most traffic in KMC Forums, besides maybe OTF.
Close this forum down, and expect the trolling/socking/flaming to follow.

Scuzz2.0
i just registered to herochat and it seems a bit.......crap! i seen a few people there that are registered her aswell. what is it specifically that is bad about the other sites?

The Nuul
Some members will fit in well at those other forums, others like me, Hell no....we will never end up there. I rather give up comic forums all together.

Vally Doosh
lol

Kris Blaze
This wouldn't have happened if Val was a mod 131

Starscream M
the sigs alone pretty much disqualify herochat for me

I checked out comicextreme, their vs forum is very similar in format to the KMC forum

The Nuul
Val and Kris would fit well over at HC.

ninja

Starscream M
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
lol what are you laughing about?

kevdude
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
No way man.
I ain't going back to that place.

I literally got flamed there by a bunch of fanboys for backing up LT in a "Superman VS LT" thread.
Yes, you read that right: SUPERMAN VS LIVING freakin' TRIBUNAL.

I know Supes is popular and probably strongest metahuman ever.
But LT. LOLWUT?? O_o

KMC, by far, has the best Comic VS forum in teh internetz.
I've also been to Comicvine. Same shit as Herochat.

PS:
IMHO, closing down this forum will not fair well for KMC. This section has the most traffic in KMC Forums, besides maybe OTF.
Close this forum down, and expect the trolling/socking/flaming to follow.

I don't think if they do close it they will sock/troll, everyone will just leave and they wanted it quiet, oh i'm sure it'll be quiet. Hard to believe they said that about the LT losing, especially there. laughing out loud

Vally Doosh
what are you laughing about?
I'm amused that the initial talk of the forum closing was blamed on my amazing friends and I (to the point of me getting hate filled PM's) and now that we've pretty much left, this place is still getting closed.

I believe apologies are in order.

Starscream M
I'm amused that the initial talk of the forum closing was blamed on my amazing friends and I (to the point of me getting hate filled PM's) and now that we've pretty much left, this place is still getting closed.

I believe apologies are in order. you got hate pms? lol

how could anyone blame you...you barely even post.

The Nuul

Hey, I didnt blame you and I did apologized to you on MSN.

Kris Blaze

They tried to blame me, I showed 'em uhuh

KuRuPT Thanosi
I really think and hope it doesn't come down to shutting down this site. I honestly feel as others have mentioned that Bada and others should be made Global mods and thus the other mods wouldn't have to deal with us. I honestly don't really understand the "call to arms" that has been going on for years in regards to this section from mods who really have little to do with this section on a day to day basis. Why are they so concerned about a section they have little to do with? Yes I'm sure they have to see how many people report etc etc but really it's SO BAD they need to shut us down. It honestly feels like other mods don't really like this section and it's a personal thing against us more then it really is a aggravation that takes up SO MUCH time. I find that hard to believe. This is a vs. forum so of course there is going to be disagreements and people arguing in a one-sided manner. That comes with the territory but to then say... Oooo it's too much and we need to shut it down doesn't seem like the right answer.

I will honestly be a little sad if that happens as I have learned a lot from this site. I've always read comics and enjoyed them but this site has further expanded my knowledge and interest in comics as if I was still a kid. I learned about characters I've never read simply by how informative this place can be. Yes it has some bad but overall this section is the backbone of this site and should be kept imo.

Honestly, we should just stop using the report function. I've only ever used I wanna say 4 times or so ever. I think 3 of those times were for that one poster Astner Phoenix or whatever his name was. I think all the reporting that goes on here is childish and could be stopped which might help save this place. Either way, I hope this place stays alive because for me at least it offers more good then bad.

Vally Doosh
Hey, I didnt blame you and I did apologized to you on MSN.
Not everyone is as kind as you, my friend.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
They tried to blame me, I showed 'em uhuh

Yes, its all Kris's fault.

Nihilist
Not everyone is as kind as you, my friend. who else blamed you.

The Nuul
Not everyone is as kind as you, my friend.

Cool.....big grin and you're welcome.

Starscream M
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi

Honestly, we should just stop using the report function. yeah, I think the true cause of all of this is because of some members who abuse the report button.

Vally Doosh
Yes, its all Kris's fault.
I was going to blame Newjak myself.

The Nuul
I do agree that some mods/globals should mind their own business and let the people who take care of this section, do their jobs.

The Nuul
I was going to blame Newjak myself.

Oh, damn....sorry. But it could be both of their faults? Kris has to take some blame.

Vally Doosh
So does anyone on this forum have a demonoid invite? I could use one. haw-som

The Nuul
So does anyone on this forum have a demonoid invite? I could use one. haw-som

Pmed you...

Scuzz2.0
whats a global?

Vally Doosh
Pmed you...
See, KMC still has its uses! Let it live!

Kris Blaze
See, KMC still has its uses! Let it live!

Where else can you show off Ken in all his glory.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Scuzz2.0
whats a global?

They are higher than mods.

Raz who is admin > globals(close to council, that can perm ban) > mods (cant perm ban on thier own). > members.

Mods need ask globals to perm ban.

Lord Feron
I actually never bothered to use the report button ever. Didn't think so many people gave such serious shit over some things...

cloud102
I leave Herochat to be here full time. Now this is closing too? At least I'll have more time to do my work. lol!

And Herochat would have been my #1 choice, but that place is just too slow and boring now. They used to have quite a bit of formidable and knowledgeable posters (mainly from Wizardworld boards), but many of them have left.

If this shuts down, there will be no backup plan for me. So, if that's the case, I wish all of you luck.

Peace.

occultdestroyer
I think the privilege of being a 'global mod' should be permanently removed.
There is a tendency that being a global will abuse his/her power.

Here's what I think:
Give the non-global mods the ability to perm-ban and things will be sorted out.
It will also eliminate the need of global mods, which IMHO is an unnecessary privilege in the first place.

Vally Doosh
This is a losing battle. The global mods on this forum are stubborn as shit and revel in that fact.

They don't listen to the mods we have in this section and they sure as hell won't listen to the normal members. Instead, they'll continue to drop snide remarks here and there, maybe drop a banhammer or two and eventually shut this place down.

Predictable.

Newjak
I was going to blame Newjak myself. I see how it is Val.

I thought we had something special sad

The Nuul
whats a global?

Also a mod looks after his forum and doesnt have his powers out side of it while a global has them across the board.

Scuzz2.0
thanks for clearin that up

occultdestroyer
This is a losing battle. The global mods on this forum are stubborn as shit and revel in that fact.

They don't listen to the mods we have in this section and they sure as hell won't listen to the normal members. Instead, they'll continue to drop snide remarks here and there, maybe drop a banhammer or two and eventually shut this place down.

Predictable.
Sort of reminds me of real-life Illuminati fear

Newjak
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Sort of reminds me of real-life Illuminati fear hmm

You know maybe if we offer Val as a human sacrifice they will keep this forum open smile

Starscream M
I nominate myself as leader of the moderation resistance movement, because I believe we need to act as a unified front to accomplish anything and as I have formulated some plans and ideas to deal with this crisis. Any objections?

Warrior18
Originally posted by Lord Feron
I actually never bothered to use the report button ever. Didn't think so many people gave such serious shit over some things...

Pretty much. I think a big problem is people getting into heated arguments in the high powered threads and then reporting each-other willy nilly. If we all had thicker skins I feel we wouldn't be in this situation.I have seen certain posters (now thankfully banned) threaten to and report others for the most stupid of reasons.

Having said all that closing the forum is incredibly harsh. Just ban people permanently for heavens sake.

edit. Not directed at our local mods. Just the ones who seem to have annoyed the posters in this thread. big grin

AlmightyKfish

People actually blamed you guys? Pahaha laughing out loud

You guys made it fun tbh, but some people probably didn't see it like that I guess.

Anyways, this place should stay open, I mean, this is one of my main uses of the internet =/. Give mod's perma-ban powers within their own sections, then Globals won't have the right to complain about all the trouble they get from this place, relieving half the pressure from people to get it shut down.

illadelph12
There's always my site (shameless plug ):

http://houseofzod.yuku.com/

I created it back when I was a Mod in 2007. It's essentially KMC, but far more democratic.

Newjak
Originally posted by illadelph12

I created it back when I was a Mod in 2007. It's essentially KMC, but far more democratic. laughing

I said it was a good board.

Almost like a New Krypton stick out tongue

Vally Doosh

I created it back when I was a Mod in 2007. It's essentially KMC, but far more democratic.
And by democratic, he means more porn.

illadelph12
FAR more porn... shifty

Starscream M
so no objections? cool, guess it's settled...I'm the defacto leader of the vs members for the time being. You must all get any ideas through me before releasing them.

I will announce phase I of the action plan as soon as it becomes feasible...stay tuned.

illadelph12
Wow, Starscream attempting to usurp power.

Typical.

SupremeMan
And by democratic, he means more porn.

Count me in. embarrasment

nimbus006
so no objections? cool, guess it's settled...I'm the defacto leader of the vs members for the time being. You must all get any ideas through me before releasing them.

I will announce phase I of the action plan as soon as it becomes feasible...stay tuned.

Yes Lord Starscream... I will await further instructions. shifty

The Nuul

Even though I am a mod there, I always get lost in there.... sad

Starscream M
Wow, Starscream attempting to usurp power.

Typical. this is no time for dissent or infighting...I'm only acting for the good of the board

KuRuPT Thanosi
I agree that whoever or whatever can be done to save this place should be considered

Blair Wind
I nominate myself as leader of the moderation resistance movement, because I believe we need to act as a unified front to accomplish anything and as I have formulated some plans and ideas to deal with this crisis. Any objections?

laughing

Stop trying to be in charge and just do. No one will follow you if all you do is postulate and talk. Intelligent action, perfected strategy, and clever tactics are the only remedy to this situation.

Barring the fact that you have had a mad on for e-powarrrr@!!!!11! since forever, I do agree that a change in leadership might be needed. Digi is a global, Badabing and Raoul are active, but when was the last time someone saw Tron? I think that replacing inactive mods (surrounding the comic section mostly) with active, well placed moderators is the best way to handle the situation.

If someone could take over the comic section (taking it off Digi's hands *Tron does not count since he is almost never here*), and a global (this being Digi) set up in addition to Bada/Raoul the VS section could be managed much more effectively. It would solve alot of problems if we had a member in the VS section that can just give out bans, without Bada/Raoul always having to ask for permission to ban the members who cause all this trouble.

With that said, I know you guys have a list of names kept in a hat that you randomly throw around in the case that a new mod is needed. Maybe it is time a new mod was named, and the power restructured slightly. I know the process is highly centralized, but we can all admit some change is needed.

Just my suggestions.

Stay Windy rock

Newjak
A new mod could be helpful

id369
I think its interesting, that staff members that with vary little ties to the versus feel open to the idea of closing down this section.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by guy222
I hope it stays open

Comics are enjoyable and fun

LordofBrooklyn
I am new here so I hope this doesn't come off as too presumptious.

Why can't the powers that be simply allow the VS forum to be a no mans land?

They can put a special disclaimer at the top of the forum and allow self-policing. The truly egregious parties will mos6 likely venture out and get banned anyway.

iceman24567
No

guy222
For me, its simple

Enjoy comics. No need to get upset because Supes is stronger than Hulk or Hulk smash. Or Supes is gonna fly at billion billion speeds. If a comic was meant for a DC or Marvel character to win all the time, what fun is that. Make a fair thread and respect each and everyone's opinion

I read about the other suggestions for forums. I been on ICT for years. The Admins are cool. That's my opinion. I mod two other sites

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by guy222
For me, its simple

Enjoy comics. No need to get upset because Supes is stronger than Hulk or Hulk smash. Or Supes is gonna fly at billion billion speeds. If a comic was meant for a DC or Marvel character to win all the time, what fun is that. Make a fair thread and respect each and everyone's opinion

I read about the other suggestions for forums. I been on ICT for years. The Admins are cool. That's my opinion. I mod two other sites

Exactly..
Everyone should respect each other and stop getting into ignorant arguments.. Debating should be fun and not constant folks abusing stuff..

Scuzz2.0

am i reading it right, there are only 9 vs topics on this site?

illadelph12
Yeah. Lack of traffic after the initial launch.

The Permabanned
Whirly and the Judge win!!!!!!

Badabing
Originally posted by The Permabanned
Whirly and the Judge win!!!!!! facepalm

Scuzz2.0
Yeah. Lack of traffic after the initial launch.

i just posted but it doesnt look as if anyone has been there in months.

darthgoober
I think the problem concerning BS reports is the fact that there's no consistency in the kind of debating that's allowed/encouraged. Take a look at herochat or CBR and you'll see two forums where even though people are in disagreement over the outcome of a match, everybody still debating the same way and adhering to the same rules of conduct. Here on KMC, half of the people debate "herochat style" and half of them debate "CBR style" so people end up reporting those who debate differently. I understand that we've tried to set up KMC to be the middle ground between the two forums in the hopes for more reasonable debating, but to put it bluntly we failed, plane and simple. As long as it's unclear whether it's worse to "troll" by asking for proof or to "troll" by refusing to post proof these little incidents are going to keep cropping up because people can't even agree on the most basic foundations of the debate itself. From highschool to Presidential Debates, any real debate has rules that BOTH parties have to follow and it's like that for a very good reason... it's the only way that it EVER works successfully.

If they really want to make things better around here they need to give the Mods from barring people from threads that they're causing problems in like they have at CBR. At CBR if someone bumps a thread with claims without posting proof of any kind to support it a mod just stops in and says something to the effect of "You're not allowed to post in this thread again until you post proof to support your claims" and the problem ends because the trouble maker either stops posting there, post proof to support what he's saying(which makes it far less aggravating for those he/she is debating against so they're less likely to hit the report button), or gets banned for ignoring the Mods very simple and specific instructions.

Digi
I'm not really going to comment on the various things going on in this thread. My function is simply going to be to keep everyone informed. But, as mod discussions happen, I'll try to be as fair as possible when talking about this forum/community. And your comments are being read.

That said, when Starscream's "plans" (whatever they turn out to be) inevitably do nothing, I'll be the first in line to post You fail me once again, Starscream. Can't. Freaking. Wait.

LDHZenkai
I got called a troll for posting scans and refuting an illogical argument :-/ From what i've seen in the short time i've been here (a week or two) most the people posting have already decided who's going to win the fight without debating the actual fight. This is what seems to cause most of the problems. Either way not my place to even suggest anything for the forum as I haven't been here long enough.

p.s. - I hate when people text you and don't use the space function.

Newjak
Originally posted by Digi
I'm not really going to comment on the various things going on in this thread. My function is simply going to be to keep everyone informed. But, as mod discussions happen, I'll try to be as fair as possible when talking about this forum/community. And your comments are being read.

That said, when Starscream's "plans" (whatever they turn out to be) inevitably do nothing, I'll be the first in line to post You fail me once again, Starscream. Can't. Freaking. Wait. laughing

Galan007
As Bada just said:

Let all come and be heard, for this may be the last days of comics vs. sad Christ, it seems like every time I log on here there's some kind of new drama transpiring thumb down.

The simple fact is that people need to start being a little more mature, and not let internet based 'debates' with people they'll never see, turn into anything more than topic related discussions. Granted, everyone has a heated moment every now and then, but there is no reason those moments can't stay on topic/civil - and if they can't, then drop it. It's the friggin internet, who cares?

guy222
thumb up

DeathKap
thumb up

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Galan007
Christ, it seems like every time I log on here there's some kind of new drama transpiring thumb down.

The simple fact is that people need to start being a little more mature, and not let internet based 'debates' with people they'll never see, turn into anything more than topic related discussions. Granted, everyone has a heated moment every now and then, but there is no reason those moments can't stay on topic/civil - and if they can't, then drop it. It's the friggin internet, who cares?

All I did was make the topic. I'm almost at the point where I say let it burn. whistle

Although:

"I am new here so I hope this doesn't come off as too presumptious.

Why can't the powers that be simply allow the VS forum to be a no mans land?

They can put a special disclaimer at the top of the forum and allow self-policing. The truly egregious parties will mos6 likely venture out and get banned anyway."

This idea has merit. Anarchy ftw? stick out tongue I'm well aware that I'm probably the guy who at least some people will blame for this.

Which isn't entirely inaccurate, but I'm more ambivalent than anything else. wink

"This is the will of Metatron."

The Nuul

Predictable.

thumb up

shokosugi
I nominate myself as a new Mod. who's voting for me?

Tom Joad
kmc blows. Blows Steam. Blows steam out it's nose.

The Nuul
thanks for clearin that up

Anytime.... cool

The Nuul
Originally posted by shokosugi
I nominate myself as a new Mod. who's voting for me?

Who will vote this B-lister in?

shokosugi
Who will vote this B-lister in?

ROFL laughing

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>