300 vs. 300 Spartans

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

retturnnerr
Which is better, the new Spartans movie (300) or the original 1962 film (300 Spartans)?

Mairuzu
facepalm

MildPossession
300, the visuals and action win it for me, gorgeous to look at, oh and the yummy men with their warrior look, *drools*. Ignore everything else.

I haven't seen the other one... stick out tongue

Robtard
Originally posted by retturnnerr
Which is better, the new Spartans movie (300) or the original 1962 film (300 Spartans)?

Good question actually and not easy to answer.

300 was great, done on a green-screen, lots of fast paced action, great FX etc.

300 Spartans was decently acted and had that cheesy 60's flair, which I'm partial too.

I'd have to go with 300 , I've watched it 4-5 times and still enjoy watching certain scenes when I pass it on cable. I own both of them, I do doubt I've ever watch 300 Spartans again.

BruceSkywalker
facepalm

Dr Will Hatch
Originally posted by Robtard

300 Spartans was decently acted and had that cheesy 60's flair, which I'm partial too.

I'd have to go with 300 , I've watched it 4-5 times and still enjoy watching certain scenes when I pass it on cable. I own both of them, I do doubt I've ever watch 300 Spartans again. I thought I was going to be one of two people in this thread who saw the original "300 Spartans". Thanks for your good analysis, I appreciate the '62 version a little more.

SnakeEyes
Have seen "300 Spartans" but I have a feeling that even if I did, I'd still like "300" better. For some reason, it's hard for me to enjoy a lot of films that are from the '60s or older. wink

MildPossession
Eegit stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Have seen "300 Spartans" but I have a feeling that even if I did, I'd still like "300" better. For some reason, it's hard for me to enjoy a lot of films that are from the '60s or older. wink

Meant to say *haven't seen.

Originally posted by MildPossession
Eegit stick out tongue

And I'm sorry! What can I say? People always seem to think that old films are boring and although I consider myself one who appreciates fine film, I find that to be true more often than not.. But more than boring, I find many old films to be unrelatable.

Bardock42
I liked 300 Spartans a lot. Loved the ending. But I enjoyed 300 a lot, too...it's certainly more action packed. Dunno, they both have their ups and downs. I hear Miller was inspired by 300 Spartans to do the comic in the first place.

GGS
300 spartans is more based on the history of the hot gates than 300 which takes artistic liberties with history as it was a comic.

Still I prefer 300 lol.

K.Canton
Originally posted by Robtard

I'd have to go with 300 , I've watched it 4-5 times and still enjoy watching certain scenes when I pass it on cable. I own both of them, I do doubt I've ever watch 300 Spartans again.

I agree, I think that at least in terms of visuals, the new one wins out. Having said that, the older film does have a certain charm.

GrillingNemo
i was really into 300 so im going to have to go with that

jinXed by JaNx
better butter

idowhatiamtold
i thought 300 was a really good movie, i actually wish they woudl ahve continued it, seen what happened after they lost

allofyousuckkk
the real question is.. meet the spartans vs 300 spartans

justdecent
ahha meet the spartans, get outta here lol

utsav
i will say the new one was better i love the film escpecially during the war scene.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.