magneto vs green lantern

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
magneto vs kyle GL

who wins ?

shokosugi
GL wins

Harbinger
Kyle.

Scuzz2.0
i think it could go either way, but im gonna pic mags for the win.

LDHZenkai
Green Lantern makes a big hammer and hits him with it. A lot.

Symmetric Chaos
Kyle is more than capable of flying out of Magneto's range and blasting him. If he doesn't (which seems likely) Magneto can probably make Kyle's work much harder by controlling his ring's energy, I'd still say Kyle wins eventually.

chomperx9
isnt a power ring made of metal ?

Symmetric Chaos
Sometimes.

Mindset
Originally posted by Harbinger
Kyle.

Enyalus
Kyle.

TricksterPriest
Kyle wins. Magneto HAZ NO POWERZ! dur

Mindset
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Kyle wins. Magneto HAZ NO POWERZ! dur Yea he does

Enyalus
Kyle wins. Magneto HAZ NO POWERZ! dur
If we go by comicvine, he still has 'attractive male' as a power. wink

Mindset
High Evolutionary gave him his powers back

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
High Evolutionary gave him his powers back
And I missed this? no expression

Mindset
I guess.

Enyalus
Not cool.

iceman24567
Yeah it could have cost him his life eek!

chomperx9
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Sometimes. why sometimes ?

batdude123
Magneto 10/10.

Kyle sucks.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by chomperx9
why sometimes ?

Because it's a comic and that's never really been consistent. There are plenty of times when that fact would have been useful to exploit but it never came up,

Wild Shadow
mag ftw. emp to the brain control iron in his blood and brain.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
mag ftw. emp to the brain control iron in his blood and brain.

The ring would shield him from the EMP at least. When did Magneto control someone's brain?

Enyalus
The ring would shield him from the EMP at least. When did Magneto control someone's brain?
*shrug* Dr. Polaris has taken control of Kyle's ring before to make him beat himself up. 'Cause in that story it was metal. So...

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Enyalus
*shrug* Dr. Polaris has taken control of Kyle's ring before to make him beat himself up. 'Cause in that story it was metal. So...

That's pretty much the only instance of that happening. Polaris also wasn't under attack when he took control and had clearly prepared himself beforehand.

Wild Shadow

mag has used the iron in the blood and brain to keep xavier from access to his powers. he has used it to mind control his kids wanda and petrio.

also i am so tired of the gl automatic shield excuse when it has bn proofen false multiple times in the comics.

batdude123
also i am so tired of the gl automatic shield excuse when it has bn proofen false multiple times in the comics.

wut

iceman24567
No actually it has proven to happen more often than not erm

Symmetric Chaos
mag has used the iron inthe blood and brain to keep xavier from access to his powers. he has used it to mind control his kids wanda and peter.

Okay, that's impressive and would probably end the fight. Was he in the middle of a fight, though?

Blocking an EMP seems pretty reasonable no matter what you think of their defenses erm

LDHZenkai
GL's are fast. It's not out of character for them to fight at fast speeds. Soooooo.....green lantern flies in and impales Magneto...unless he cant penetrate Magnetos super ultra power shield thing. Then we go back to him hammering magneto till his shield collapses.

batdude123
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
GL's are fast. It's not out of character for them to fight at fast speeds. Soooooo.....green lantern flies in and impales Magneto...unless he cant penetrate Magnetos super ultra power shield thing. Then we go back to him hammering magneto till his shield collapses.

No.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by batdude123
No.
No what? GL's aren't fast? They can't impale things? They can't make giant battering rams or hammers?

chomperx9
The ring would shield him from the EMP at least. When did Magneto control someone's brain? but if the power ring is made of metal GL is screwed.

TricksterPriest
Not even. The ring is just flatout better than anything Magneto can do.

chomperx9
Not even. The ring is just flatout better than anything Magneto can do. if its made of metal magneto can crush it in a sec. and a GL is powerless without it.

batdude123
No what? GL's aren't fast? They can't impale things? They can't make giant battering rams or hammers?

Of course Green Lanterns are fast, but they're not speedblitzers and he isn't going to do it in this fight with Mags.

And Kyle may win, but it's going to take a little bit more than a god damn hammer.

Mekrob
And Kyle may win, but it's going to take a little bit more than a god damn hammer. So... Kyle won't win?

Mindset
Not even. The ring is just flatout better than anything Magneto can do. No

Kyle does win, but it has everything to with with it being Kyle, and nothing to do with him having a GL ring.

batdude123
Originally posted by Mekrob
So... Kyle won't win?

Bingo.

Makky
No

Kyle does win, but it has everything to with with it being Kyle, and nothing to do with him having a GL ring.

GL ring is literally a peak herald device, its beyond anything Mag can hope....oh and Kyle rapes this 10/10.

Mindset
Originally posted by Makky
GL ring is literally a peak herald device, its beyond anything Mag can hope....oh and Kyle rapes this 10/10. Nope, wrong Galen.

Makky
Nope, wrong Galen.

GL>>>X gene..or at least Mag's.

Mindset
No again

LDHZenkai
Bingo.
So a green lanterns forcefield isn't strong enough to repel magnetos magnetism? I for some reason doubt that. I'm a marvel fan and even I realize this is preposterous.

Mekrob
So a green lanterns forcefield isn't strong enough to repel magnetos magnetism? I for some reason doubt that. I'm a marvel fan and even I realize this is preposterous. A GL's shield would usually suffice, but this is Kyle we're talking about.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Mekrob
A GL's shield would usually suffice, but this is Kyle we're talking about.
lol touche

Makky
I thought we were past all the kyle hate.

Mekrob
I thought we were past all the kyle hate. How would you be fed up with the hate already?

Mindset
Because it's Galen, you saw he didn't deny it being him when I called him by his name.

Makky
I was referring to the hate kyle has always had by the comic community since his appearance on the scene.

Mekrob
Because it's Galen, you saw he didn't deny it being him when I called him by his name. I'm not tricktarded

I was referring to the hate kyle has always had by the comic community since his appearance on the scene. No he hasn't. KMC started the Kyle hate. Fact

Avlon
Kyle can break Magnetos bones with a thought.
He was doing this type of thing in the "My brothers keeper" arc.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Avlon
Kyle can break Magnetos bones with a thought.
He was doing this type of thing in the "My brothers keeper" arc.

mag can give him an aneurysm with a thought.

Allankles
Hmm! Don't see Mags getting a majority over an experienced GL. The Oan energy pretty much negates anything in Mag's arsenal.

Avlon
mag can give him an aneurysm with a thought.

Kyle can do the same...from a much longer range.

Philosophía
Kyle 10/10.

Magneto sucks.

Wild Shadow
either way the poll has spoken we know the winner.

Symmetric Chaos
either way the poll has spoken we know the winner.

Kyle apparently.

manx422
KYLE 10/10

Kris Blaze

Wild Shadow
Kyle apparently.

duh!!! that just aint right.. bet you ppl read my post and took it as challenge. sad

lawest9
I think if any experienced GL have the heads up on magnetos powers......then i don't see how mags is going to win this!

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by lawest9
I think if any experienced GL have the heads up on magnetos powers......then i don't see how mags is going to win this!

Strictly speaking no one has said why Magneto can't disarm Kyle by taking the ring. It doesn't usually happen but that doesn't really mean it can't. I happen to think GL's have enough control over the ring to stop Magneto from winning that way but it's his best shot.

Wild Shadow
Strictly speaking no one has said why Magneto can't disarm Kyle by taking the ring. It doesn't usually happen but that doesn't really mean it can't. I happen to think GL's have enough control over the ring to stop Magneto from winning that way but it's his best shot.

control my a$$ batman has taken his ring without him noticing it and deathstroke has manage by shear will to stalemate control of the ring with kyle.

i somehow thing mag more then likely can take the ring with combination of power and will.

Symmetric Chaos
control my a$$ batman has taken his ring without him noticing it and deathstroke has manage by shear will to stalemate control of the ring with kyle.

i somehow thing mag more then likely can take the ring with combination of power and will.

They've called the rings back to themselves more than once. Batman took the ring by surprising GL not by power. I don't know the context of the Deathstoke example but I assume it was similar to what Batman did.

Kris Blaze
They've called the rings back to themselves more than once. Batman took the ring by surprising GL not by power. I don't know the context of the Deathstoke example but I assume it was similar to what Batman did.

Deathstroke example was from Identity Crisis. He grabbed Kyle Rayner's hand and restrained his willpower using his own. Complete and utter crap.

Wild Shadow
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
Deathstroke example was from Identity Crisis. He grabbed Kyle Rayner's hand and restrained his willpower using his own. Complete and utter crap.

how is it crap the whole ring concept is based on will power.

Kris Blaze
how is it crap the whole ring concept is based on will power.

First of all, no one's ever "fought" back someone's use of the ring by using willpower. Second, he's not WEARING the ring. Third, it only worked temporarily. Fourth, how is that a viable tactic here? Magneto's not likely to grab anyone's hands and try it out. It was a tactic Deathstroke had wanted to test for a long time.

carver9
Both are powerful as hell, 5/5 split, good fight.

Allankles
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
First of all, no one's ever "fought" back someone's use of the ring by using willpower. Second, he's not WEARING the ring. Third, it only worked temporarily. Fourth, how is that a viable tactic here? Magneto's not likely to grab anyone's hands and try it out. It was a tactic Deathstroke had wanted to test for a long time.

Correct, beats me how some feats get through editing.

chomperx9
magnus FTW

Makky
4 pages for a fight that is complete spite agaisnt mag lol.

chomperx9
4 pages for a fight that is complete spite agaisnt mag lol. laughing

OneDumbG0
http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4639/drpolaris10ba4.th.jpg

Dammit, Kyle... facepalm

Lord Feron
Originally posted by OneDumbG0

Dammit, Kyle... facepalm thumb up

basilisk
Lantern should win. But on the other hand... this is Kyle.

Placidity

Dammit, Kyle... facepalm

Took 4 pages for someone to post this...

chomperx9
magneto can take the ring off and crush it in a sec. theres no proof that a power ring is magnetic proof

Juntai
Depends on the writer.
Lobo couldn't even remove the ring from a lantern's severed hand.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Juntai
Depends on the writer.
Lobo couldn't even remove the ring from a lantern's severed hand. but then batman did once. yeah that makes sense cool

Juntai
but then batman did once. yeah that makes sense cool You gotta remember. Batman has also been chosen by the rings before. smile

PLUS, He's Batman.

Sin I AM
^ i was gonna say that

chomperx9
You gotta remember. Batman has also been chosen by the rings before. smile

PLUS, He's Batman. i still say magneto takes this one. even if he cant pull the ring off he can crush it while hes got it on along with his finger.

kyle isn't just going to stand there and let him do it for sure. he will still give him a good fight. in fact they should have done a crossover between the to

Juntai
i still say magneto takes this one. even if he cant pull the ring off he can crush it while hes got it on along with his finger.

kyle isn't just going to stand there and let him do it for sure. he will still give him a good fight. in fact they should have done a crossover between the to It would be just as easy for Kyle to start splitting atoms around Magneto's skin.

If Kyle forgets how to use his ring, magneto could win.
Otherwise, Kyle is too much if he's on his game.

chomperx9
It would be just as easy for Kyle to start splitting atoms around Magneto's skin.

If Kyle forgets how to use his ring, magneto could win.
Otherwise, Kyle is too much if he's on his game. any GL has more abilities with the ring than magneto for sure but lets be honest here any object made of metal is magnetos. kyle can spit all the atoms he wants at magneto hes got his magnetic force-field

OneDumbG0
but then batman did once. yeah that makes sense cool Supergirl also did it to John Stewart. And Mr. Majestic did it to Kyle off-panel...

... dammit, Kyle. facepalm

chomperx9
Supergirl also did it to John Stewart. And Mr. Majestic did it to Kyle off-panel...

... dammit, Kyle. facepalm well of course supergirl can cause of strength. but batman taking it off i dont consider that cannon.

OneDumbG0
^ The feat did not seem predicated on her using her strength to yank it off despite the ring's resistance. She just snatched it off of Stewart's finger with her speed like it was nothing. Stewart's hand didn't even move. But it's arguable...

chomperx9
^ The feat did not seem predicated on her using her strength to yank it off despite the ring's resistance. She just snatched it off of Stewart's finger with her speed like it was nothing. Stewart's hand didn't even move. But it's arguable... well then if the ring can come off that easily somebody taking it fast enough without the GL noticing then i don't see why magneto would have a problem here if it can be removed that simple.

OneDumbG0
^ Auto-shields? Ring's own self-guidance? They are aware of their bearers and can move at ftl speeds. They should be irremovable. But they're clearly not: Jobbing, says me. Still, in light of on-panel evidence: Debatable tactic, says evidence.

Enyalus
It would be just as easy for Kyle to start splitting atoms around Magneto's skin.

If you're going to post things like this, I might as well say something like "Magneto ionizes Kyle" (rips the electrons off of his atoms.)

Which he's actually done. He's also let loose an EMP which completely destroyed and vaporized everyone in the particular village that he performed it in.

chomperx9
If you're going to post things like this, I might as well say something like "Magneto ionizes Kyle" (rips the electrons off of his atoms.)

Which he's actually done. He's also let loose an EMP which completely destroyed and vaporized everyone in the particular village that he performed it in. i agree whats metal is magnetos. magneto would pull the ring off faster than supergirl pulled it off. he'd take off GL's finger as well along with the ring.

Enyalus
i agree whats metal is magnetos. magneto would pull the ring off faster than supergirl pulled it off. he'd take off GL's finger as well along with the ring.

Not to mention that Magneto would be able to manipulate Kyle's Oan energy and alter any constructs Kyle might come up with.

Magneto = control over the electromagnetic spectrum.
Oan energy = green in color.
Part of the electromagnetic spectrum = visible light
Green = visible light.

Draco69
^ The feat did not seem predicated on her using her strength to yank it off despite the ring's resistance. She just snatched it off of Stewart's finger with her speed like it was nothing. Stewart's hand didn't even move. But it's arguable...

It was written by Jeph Loeb.

*shudders*

It was during that godawful "Supergirl is teh most powrfullllest" fanwank where she defeated practically every superhero in the most retarded fashion possible to make her seem like hot sh*t.

Than came Red Hulk....

Draco69
Not to mention that Magneto would be able to manipulate Kyle's Oan energy and alter any constructs Kyle might come up with.

Magneto = control over the electromagnetic spectrum.
Oan energy = green in color.
Part of the electromagnetic spectrum = visible light
Green = visible light.

Oan energy is outside the electromagnetic spectrum.

It's on the 'emotional spectrum'. Whatever the hell that is.

Hope. Love. Fear. Rage. Compassion. Willpower.

Kyle already has experience with Dr. Polaris. Magneto-lite, sure but nothing Kyle hasn't faced before.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Draco69
Oan energy is outside the electromagnetic spectrum.

It's on the 'emotional spectrum'. Whatever the hell that is.

Hope. Love. Fear. Rage. Compassion. Willpower.

Kyle already has experience with Dr. Polaris. Magneto-lite, sure but nothing Kyle hasn't faced before.
I know it being part of the 'emotional spectrum' but I don't ever recall them saying that its a totally separate thing from the electromagnetic spectrum. Dr. Light has manipulated GL constructs before. Lia Nelson (another light manipulator) has manipulated Ion's constructs when he was amped by the Starheart!

Not a stretch to think Magneto can manipulate them. And, as shown in The Killing Joke crossover (scan already posted here by OneDumb), Kyle's ring is metal and Magneto can manipulate that, too.

I can't see Kyle even coming close to a majority. He takes 3 wins max.

Draco69
I know it being part of the 'emotional spectrum' but I don't ever recall them saying that its a totally separate thing from the electromagnetic spectrum. Dr. Light has manipulated GL constructs before. Lia Nelson (another light manipulator) has manipulated Ion's constructs when he was amped by the Starheart!

Retcon. They used to be a form of energy that could be ANY type of energy.

Stem-cells for energy.

Now, it's this retarded "emotional energy" that simply converts a particular emotion.

Not a stretch to think Magneto can manipulate them. And, as shown in The Killing Joke crossover (scan already posted here by OneDumb), Kyle's ring is metal and Magneto can manipulate that, too.

Kyle's ring is not made of metal.

His first ring (yes, first. It's been destroyed many times) was made from a shard of the Oan Battery.

After THAT was destroyed by a GL foe, ALL of his rings were simply made from willpower and access to his GL battery.

One time he transformed friggin' sand into a ring.

When he REALLY concentrates he can make a GL construct permanent. Like his ring.

I can't see Kyle even coming close to a majority. He takes 3 wins max.

In a comic, they'd be even.

In KMC, Kyle's high-end feats simply trump Magneto's.

Enyalus
In KMC, Kyle's high-end feats simply trump Magneto's.
That, I can agree to.

Naija boy
Does magneto have the ability to replicate this tactic

http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/8914/jlasecretfiles0126oy5.jpg

If so he could win

OneDumbG0
^ ... dammit, Kyle. facepalm

chomperx9
Retcon. They used to be a form of energy that could be ANY type of energy.

Stem-cells for energy.

Now, it's this retarded "emotional energy" that simply converts a particular emotion.

Kyle's ring is not made of metal.

His first ring (yes, first. It's been destroyed many times) was made from a shard of the Oan Battery.

After THAT was destroyed by a GL foe, ALL of his rings were simply made from willpower and access to his GL battery.

One time he transformed friggin' sand into a ring.

When he REALLY concentrates he can make a GL construct permanent. Like his ring.

In a comic, they'd be even.

In KMC, Kyle's high-end feats simply trump Magneto's. where did it ever say that its not made of metal today ? and they all have to charged every once in awhile no matter what material the ring is

chomperx9
Originally posted by Naija boy

If so he could win kyle would get screwed there from mags

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Naija boy

If so he could win

thats pretty embarassing for GL voters here.... Even more so then the last scan lol

chomperx9
bump

Stoic
Magneto

Omega Vision
Any of the big name Lanterns win.

King Castle
erm

i could see Guy, John, and kyle losing regularly.

also ppl should stop feat mixing between the characters due to difference of personality traits and experience

Omega Vision
Originally posted by King Castle
erm

i could see Guy, John, and kyle losing regularly.

also ppl should stop feat mixing between the characters due to difference of personality traits and experience
Guy and John (especially John, he has few high feats) might lose a few to Mags, but Kyle is taking a hefty majority.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Omega Vision
Guy and John (especially John, he has few high feats) might lose a few to Mags, but Kyle is taking a hefty majority. I smell fanboyism. why would john lose and kyle win ? same powers. sure kyle might be a little more experience but if magneto can crush the ring on John why not kyle ?

King Castle
b/c Kyle is more popular duh...

Artist beats Marine

Prep-Man
John doesn't have the feats Kyle has.

carver9
Magneto 7 or 8/10 against any gl. He can easily mess with kyles blood, hell mags has numerous of things that he could to kyle.

Magneto in a stomp and we really don't even know how kyle is getting past that healthy force field that mags have... that has resisted a hammer toss from thor and even withstood a blast from galactus and the phoenix.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by carver9
Magneto 7 or 8/10 against any gl. He can easily mess with kyles blood, hell mags has numerous of things that he could to kyle.

Magneto in a stomp and we really don't even know how kyle is getting past that healthy force field that mags have... that has resisted a hammer toss from thor and even withstood a blast from galactus and the phoenix.
It's called Kyle has shields of his own which won't allow Magneto to effect his blood.

King Castle
based on will power which i say magneto's Will and power will overcomes Kyle's.

Prep-Man
Kyle has overcome some powerful stuff. I say his will is on par with Erik's.

Lunacyde
based on will power which i say magneto's Will and power will overcomes Kyle's.
I would like to see Mags deal with Parallax....

King Castle
Clarify Kyle's parallax fight. its bn a while. sneer

are you refering to the mind f#$#$ he had with himself his darker half?

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/3/33202/688535-gl6_super.jpg

Lunacyde
Parallax possessed Kyle and Kyle's will was strong enough that he didn't give in and eventually fought his way out of possession.

King Castle
yeh, i figured that. its the way that you tried to represent it. it wasnt anything special.
it was an illusion to try to convince Kyle of whatever. it doesnt mean much due to the intend of Parallax and various powers that could simply bypass the torture, humiliation just to screw with him and just shut of his mind rip it apart, mind control him take over his body, psi bolt him etc etc..

as a matter of fact that has happen to kyler regularly.

Magneto has bn Psi bolted by Xavier and jean and fought it off with sheer will alone.

they tried to erase and over write parts of his memories altering and failed due to his will.

he has kept TP'ers from reading his mind with his helmet or just by will once again.

it was only after Xavier decided to just mind wipe him did they succeed.

these feats they were actively and forcibly trying they were not playing with him or prolonging the attack or slowly trying to alter his personality.

Magneto will power>>>>>Kyle

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:UnBnHJVjiYIojM:http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/5811/maggoestelepathicallyagainstx1.jpg&t=1

http://politedissent.com/images/oct09/magneto.jpg

carver9
Originally posted by Lunacyde
It's called Kyle has shields of his own which won't allow Magneto to effect his blood.

It was stated on panel that poloris was able to affect kyle.

King Castle
it seems the scan hasnt made it to this page no worries i'll post it.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4639/drpolaris10ba4.jpg cool

Lunacyde
it seems the scan hasnt made it to this page no worries i'll post it.

http://img108.imageshack.us/img108/4639/drpolaris10ba4.jpg cool

Poor writing...Lanterns have been shown to demagnetize before more than once, writer either didn't do their research or needed it to happen for plot reasons.

King Castle
nah.. Polaris has fought Hal b4 iirc and was a challenge for hal back in the day. characters just learn from their run ins due to experience.

anyways.. Polaris aint no magneto.. Magneto is on top of the heap in magnetic power, willpower and not being crazy arguing with himself in mid battle due to split personality.

this is an old not fully trained Kyle so i wont hold it against Kyle but the possibility is still there.

http://a.imagehost.org/0486/green_lantern_v3_59_ocd_17.jpg

http://a.imagehost.org/0691/green_lantern_v3_59_ocd_19.jpg

let's be honest Magneto's power output and willpower easily exceeds polaris.

also whatever another GL does, does not go for other Gl's. Feats are not interchangible. due to lack of knowledge and experience

Prep-Man
At best Polaris was able to destroy planets/reality. In terms of energy output, Polaris can match Magneto in that department.

chomperx9
Originally posted by Prep-Man
At best Polaris was able to destroy planets/reality. In terms of energy output, Polaris can match Magneto in that department. magneto can destroy the earth in one sec if he wanted to. he has control of the earths magnetic field

Prep-Man
So has Polaris. He's also been able to control metas blood cells and whatnot.

chomperx9
So has Polaris. He's also been able to control metas blood cells and whatnot. I know that but u made it sound from your previous post that only polaris can destroy a planet

Prep-Man
I said he can match Magneto. I never said Polaris was above Magneto. Magneto is kinda a copy of Doctor Polaris to begin with. Both came out the same year, but Doc came out a few months before. He was the master of magnetism/ genius.

Marvel just expanded on Magneto a lot more.

chomperx9
I said he can match Magneto. I never said Polaris was above Magneto. Magneto is kinda a copy of Doctor Polaris to begin with. Both came out the same year, but Doc came out a few months before. He was the master of magnetism/ genius.

Marvel just expanded on Magneto a lot more. I thought polaris was a copy of magneto ?

Prep-Man
I thought polaris was a copy of magneto ?

Polaris came out in June of 63 in Green Lantern. Magneto came out in 63, but in September. According to their bios.

Originally posted by Lunacyde
I would like to see Mags deal with Parallax.... You mean figh the possession off? He'd handle it just fine.

Prep-Man
How so? Hal has gone under and I say his will is better than Magneto's.

Pfft Hal is a pussy. Besides, it took parallax years to acomplish that and Hal was already having a breakdown cause he couldn't handle coast city's destruction anyway. Magneto dug himself out of the grave his family stayed in and kept it under control to survive and try to save save others like Magda. More importantly, it's the capacity to face inner fears that lets one resist parallax, so I say magneto would be fine.

DCjust keeps stating and retconning HJ into having the strongest willpower evah, when we all know he really doesn't.

Prep-Man
He's had better will than Batman, Superman, WW, etc... throughout history. What are some of worthy Magneto feats in the will department? Anybody on Parallax's level?

Warlord
what does willpower have to do with anything anyway in this fight?

Prep-Man
uhm, I dont know. sad

He's had better will than Batman, Superman, WW, etc... throughout history. What are some of worthy Magneto feats in the will department? Anybody on Parallax's level? IIRC batman handled parallax even though hal couldn't.

He's kicked the most powerfull telepaths in marvel out of his mind with will alone, including combined raids by chuck and jean grey and constantly pushes his own power beyond its previous limits.

And like I said, Parallax worked on Hal for years and took advantage of his emotional collapse over coast city. KR faced him under much better conditions.

I'd say Magneto's kept his shit under control better than Hal under despairing situations similar to how Batman does better than .Superman.

Originally posted by Warlord
what does willpower have to do with anything anyway in this fight? Both are essentially limited only by creativity and willpower in the scope of their powers.

Warlord
I never remember Magneto's powers being linked with his willpower.
Even if it's so it is the outcome of the powers that matter and not the ammount of willpower being used.

Kyle can do much more stuff with his powers

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
IIRC batman handled parallax even though hal couldn't.

He's kicked the most powerfull telepaths in marvel out of his mind with will alone, including combined raids by chuck and jean grey and constantly pushes his own power beyond its previous limits.

And like I said, Parallax worked on Hal for years and took advantage of his emotional collapse over coast city. KR faced him under much better conditions.

I'd say Magneto's kept his shit under control better than Hal under despairing situations similar to how Batman does better than .Superman.

Hal has handled some pretty powerful TP users in the past as well. I know his PC self was above most heroes on earth and called the greatest will on DC's earth.

I never remember Magneto's powers being linked with his willpower.
Even if it's so it is the outcome of the powers that matter and not the ammount of willpower being used.

Kyle can do much more stuff with his powers

It's been referenced in a similar fashion to telekinetics.

What really matters is what powers can be effectivelly used against the other and how. Kyle may have be more powerfull, but Magneto has what it takes to get wins from him.

Prep-Man
Originally posted by 753
It's been referenced in a similar fashion to telekinetics.

What really matters is what powers can be effectivelly used against the other and how. Kyle may have be more powerfull, but Magneto has what it takes to get wins from him.

Do you think Magneto will take the majority from Hal, Kyle, and Kilowog?

Do you think Magneto will take the majority from Hal, Kyle, and Kilowog? Not from Kyle. I think he might split with Hal and split or take a slight majority from Kilowog.

Omega Vision
Originally posted by 753
Not from Kyle. I think he might split with Hal and split or take a slight majority from Kilowog.
You put Kyle above Hal?

You put Kyle above Hal? by higher end feats yes.

King Castle
what does willpower have to do with anything anyway in this fight? it matters when kyle has to hold up his shield under magneto's blast and vice versa... mostly more to Kyle since lapse of concentartaion doubt can and will weaken his shields reason why certain meta's can puncture it with no problem.. since it comes down to battle of wills when one character who is not a GL can break a GL's shield

Mindset
You put Kyle above Hal? Yes, he's smart.

chomperx9
Yes, he's smart. and hal isnt ?

Mindset
and hal isnt ? I'm talking about 753.

chomperx9
bump

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>