Ryu Hayabusa vs Cloud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
Topic.

ScreamPaste
Ryu with ease. Cloud's got nothing, worst he ever fought was Sephiroth.

I am who I am
Hayabusa, but it would be the fight of a life time for both characters.

ScreamPaste
Originally posted by I am who I am
Hayabusa, but it would be the fight of a life time for both characters. ..How? Cloud's got nothing on Ryu. He's slower, weaker, less durable, and he has to be allowed to live long enough to start whining if he wants to use omnislash, which is featless. We only know it kills Sephiroth, everytime. And Seph seems to just walk into them. laughing

I am who I am
How is Cloud slower or weaker? I give Hayabusa the durability, but that's the only thing he obviously exceeds Cloud in. I don't think Haybusa is gonna stomp Cloud at all.

Kirikaze Fuuma
Ryu may be cut a battle airship, but cloud cut a building. Cloud also taken a giant fireball that much stronger than the one who destroyed some part of the city and he passed through it WITHOUT DAMAGE.

Ryu is faster. agreed. but remember that Cloud already fought someone faster than him (Loz) and he stand toe to toeith him.

Cloud wins.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kirikaze Fuuma
Ryu may be cut a battle airship, but cloud cut a building. Cloud also taken a giant fireball that much stronger than the one who destroyed some part of the city and he passed through it WITHOUT DAMAGE.

Ryu is faster. agreed. but remember that Cloud already fought someone faster than him (Loz) and he stand toe to toeith him.

Cloud wins.

Advent Children feats do not count here from what I understand.

Kirikaze Fuuma
so that's why he always lose whenever I visit a thread which involved him. laughing

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by ScreamPaste
..How? Cloud's got nothing on Ryu. He's slower, weaker, less durable, and he has to be allowed to live long enough to start whining if he wants to use omnislash, which is featless. We only know it kills Sephiroth, everytime. And Seph seems to just walk into them. laughing No.

Slower, yeah.

Weaker? Hahahaha no. Cloud swings a giant sword with ease and cuts it through stone and steel. The Dragon Sword does the cutting for Ryu.

Less durable? Maybe, Ryu did not directly take that blast from Vazdah however.

He wins though.

ScreamPaste
I could argue Cloud's sword does the cutting for him, =P Tbh, given it's size it should haul him with it whenever he swings the thing. Also, I don't think the OP allows for movie feats, without AC Cloud's pretty much bottom tier.

ThunderGodEneru
Cloud cut that section of building while swinging upward, that would make it more difficult to cut.

I don't much care, AC is canon, so it should be allowed in arguments.

ScreamPaste
Without it, Cloud gets roflstomped, with it, he does a bit better, but still loses, so it's moot, really.

And I think canon should be restricted to the same medium, a limitless medium like a CGI movie allows for much more rediculousness in the way off effects, and freedom to have the charascter do whatever they want, besides which point you can't argue "gameplay" against things that occur in a movie. It's really a huge boon to a character to allow movies in a debate.

ThunderGodEneru
Without it, Cloud gets roflstomped, with it, he does a bit better, but still loses, so it's moot, really.

And I think canon should be restricted to the same medium, a limitless medium like a CGI movie allows for much more rediculousness in the way off effects, and freedom to have the charascter do whatever they want, besides which point you can't argue "gameplay" against things that occur in a movie. It's really a huge boon to a character to allow movies in a debate. If the creators intended him to be able to do that, he can, period.

ScreamPaste
But flawed, because they can't do that so simply with games. Besides, movies, particularly anime-ish ones are prone to ridiculous embelishment in what I call the "DBZ effect.". The fact remains, regardless of anything, Movies are simply not under the hindrances games are.

Scarlet Fox
I can see Cloud fighting through the things Ryu did in NG2 and I see Ryu going through FF7. Its honestly a close call. The thing about Vs threads ppl argue about the people the LIKE the most. Maybe 20% argue through skill of each person. Without Items but each at their best I say Ryu wins. His Ninpo would be hard to dodge since it tracks and Ryu was trained in the way of ninja so his fighting skills would outmatch that of cloud. Im not saying one is more powerful then the other I just think ryu has more and better Training then cloud does. Im also not saying Ryu would get out unscathed. It would be a good fight but Ryu would win IN MY OWN OPINION.

ThunderGodEneru
But flawed, because they can't do that so simply with games. Besides, movies, particularly anime-ish ones are prone to ridiculous embelishment in what I call the "DBZ effect.". The fact remains, regardless of anything, Movies are simply not under the hindrances games are. Wrong-o, games are quite capable of showing ridiculous feats.

ScreamPaste
Not in the same way, because games are played =P Games have limited space, limits on what's feasible to code, limits on what's plot related, and rarely have the time between plot advancement to let the character show off.

Phanteros
Not in the same way, because games are played =P Games have limited space, limits on what's feasible to code, limits on what's plot related, and rarely have the time between plot advancement to let the character show off. that and game developers being cheap with cutscene won't show feats in storyline

ThunderGodEneru
Not in the same way, because games are played =P Games have limited space, limits on what's feasible to code, limits on what's plot related, and rarely have the time between plot advancement to let the character show off. Movies don't have plots now? Feats can very easily be fit into the plot.

And if what you say is true, why is it that games like Darkstalkers have shown shit like mass soul eating and planet warping on the NES, and shit like that?

ScreamPaste
Bec0z, such things are -essential- to the plot.

Edit: I'm talking about things in games that are handled either by gameplay, or just not included because it's a pain to code. Movies are a limitless medium, games are not.

ThunderGodEneru
Not always.

ScreamPaste
While I can see and accept your view, canon is canon, I think you're seeign mine aswell, Movies simply have alot more freedom than games, which is why it's often unfair.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Wrong-o, games are quite capable of showing ridiculous feats.
i mean look at god of war, all games show a boat load of feats.

Phanteros
jzdXh5MD_w8
this answers all your questions.

niduin
Not in the same way, because games are played =P Games have limited space, limits on what's feasible to code, limits on what's plot related, and rarely have the time between plot advancement to let the character show off. one thing about the ninja gaiden games is that most of the feats that are possible for the character are also playable, and thats what makes it such a hard game.

Edit: but i do give it to ryu he is just way to fast for cloud (also depends on the materia cloud has)

curtism97
cloud wud kick the crap out off ryu clouds has cure ryu is limited to potions cloud has ultima ryu ends up dead and with no magic included clouds skills are better than ryu so

cloud win

niduin
how do you figure that clouds skills are better? he is almost definitely stronger, but when has he demostrated his skill? ryu has devoted his life to the life of a ninja, cloud was an infantry man that got really strong thats it he has no more skill than any other infantry man apart from the experience he gets after the first encounter with sephiroth, so like 5 years of fighting experience vs entire life devoted to one thing, yeah id say ryu is a lot more skilled than cloud

Csdabest
Ryu hayabusa rapes with Wrath of the Dragon. Or True Gleaming Dragon. ****er fights while teleporting

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.