Forum Suggestions...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raoul
Alrighty, if you'll look at the top of the Superman Forum, you'll see that it's been handed over to moi. This thread is for you guys to give your suggestions about what we can do to improve the forum itself, and maybe even improve traffic a bit.

So, fire away...

Paola
Bring back good ol' "Superman VS Go... shutup I said nothing!

Congrats! hug

Raoul
Originally posted by Paola
Bring back good ol' "Superman VS Go... shutup I said nothing!

Congrats! hug

lol, thx hug

guy222
I'll post in here

Supes is one of my fave DC characters

BruceSkywalker
I will post

how about an off topic thread

agree with Paola about Supes vs. threads

Raoul
Ok, an off topic thread will be done, i see Bada has one already in the Batman section.

I don't like Superman Vs Goku as a fight, but as far as comparisons with other characters go, maybe something could be done...

jalek moye
if more threads of quality get started, and arn't just sad attempts to discredit supes. i'll post

Raoul
Originally posted by jalek moye
if more threads of quality get started, and arn't just sad attempts to discredit supes. i'll post

well as far as that goes. i don't mind intelligent debate, but this isn't a vs, and i'll have to come down harder on people trying to spread lies about the big guy...

Badabing
Have a special thread which shows Superman flying ftl. biscuits

Raoul
Originally posted by Badabing
Have a special thread which shows Superman flying ftl. biscuits

mhmm

good thinking batman.

kgkg
-Allow Goku vs Superman ---- This will stop all the new thread that gets open on this same subject over and over again. wink

-Off-Topic section sounds good

-and discussion on superman's speed I don't know if it's just me but that seems to popup more than Goku vs Superman

All the above will make it more active but might also create problems.

Raoul
Originally posted by kgkg
-Allow Goku vs Superman ---- This will stop all the new thread that gets open on this same subject over and over again. wink

-Off-Topic section sounds good

-and discussion on superman's speed I don't know if it's just me but that seems to popup more than Goku vs Superman

All the above will make it more active but might also create problems.

i'l keep a tight reign on things.

I'm really not a fan of the Goku Vs Superman thing. The flying and such, could almost be like a respect thread with more discussion. just no bloody trolling...

Philosophía
You could make a Superman's abilities - Discussion thread, or something similar, where we could shut down myths about Superman not being FTL and discuss what he is capable of in general. Similar to a respect thread, but not quite, since it could include discussion about his villains, history etc.

emporerpants
i'll keep posting on here, as supes is my fav character, followed by cyclops. it seems we have alot in common raoul, lol. congrats on getting this board by the way. perhaps we can have a thread that is dedicated to discussion solely about superman's powers, perhaps called "power discussion" or something. that way, people hopefully won't troll the respect thread much and instead bring their thoughts about his powers to that thread, where people who know what they're talking about can dismantle their crappy arguments.

honestly, i don't see any other characters respect thread invaded the same way the superman one is, its a shame really.

emporerpants
gah, philosophia beat me to that suggestion, haha. CURSES! FOILED AGAIN! i'll get you yet....wink

Raoul

BruceSkywalker
How about a sub forum JUST devoted to Chris Reeves movies , while the main Supes forum devoted to Routh and the comics?

Raoul
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
How about a sub forum JUST devoted to Chris Reeves movies , while the main Supes forum devoted to Routh and the comics?

hmm. i doubt we'd be allowed that. though we can have movie threads. i don't see a problem with having reeve threads on the main forum, tbh...

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Raoul
hmm. i doubt we'd be allowed that. though we can have movie threads. i don't see a problem with having reeve threads on the main forum, tbh...

cool

Badabing
mhmm

good thinking batman. Clark, always the boyscout. facepalm

stick out tongue

xJLxKing
Topic talking about the new release of Superman Comic

Raoul
Clark, always the boyscout. facepalm

stick out tongue

you wouldn't have it any other way.

Originally posted by xJLxKing
Topic talking about the new release of Superman Comic

yup. something we should definitely do.

Soljer
Instead of a specific Superman vs Goku thread, as some have suggested, what about a Superman vs. _____ thread? Keep all of the various vs. people might want to post coalesced into one cesspit, instead of having people post (try to post) them all over.

Just a suggestion. A capability debate thread would work as well.

starlock
Being Honest...i dont know if i will be posting on KMC...but i think the Superman section has always been slow...i have checked this section everyday for 2 years.....heres what i think would help..

1) A thread for posters to post their own stories or scenarios....basicly a what would you do with superman thread.....i have always beleived that superman is boring on earth.....all the stories get rehashed and seem uninteresting.....Superman in space....now that would be interesting.....after all Earth has so many capeable heroes...its time for him to go out into the universe and help others

2) a signature thread...only superman sigs....and if i may say so.....made by Raoul.

3)A review thread for each superman title.

4) a where is he now thread.....current appearences of superman in other comics besides his own....

And i would like to say thanks to Raoul....you have always been a supportive poster and Mod.....and one hell of a sigmaker...if i may say so myself wink

Philosophía
1.Sounds like fan fiction. Against it.

2.thumb uphaermm

3.thumb up

4.thumb up, sort of, it could be included in 3 aswell.

starlock

Soljer
I like all four suggestions. A "How would you handle Superman?" is always an interesting question - he's a very hard character to write well.

And even if it became fan fiction, I don't see what's so terrible about that. (Unless you just think it should be confined to the fanfic forum )

Philosophía
I'll keep those for when I do write Superman.

Soljer
Haha

Good luck.

Raoul

nimbus006
Originally posted by Soljer
Instead of a specific Superman vs Goku thread, as some have suggested, what about a Superman vs. _____ thread? Keep all of the various vs. people might want to post coalesced into one cesspit, instead of having people post (try to post) them all over.

Just a suggestion. A capability debate thread would work as well.

This is an excellent idea.

However, managing it will be difficult. For instance, it may get confusing when each post is discussing a different fight.

xJLxKing

yup. something we should definitely do.
YAY stick out tongue Lets hope it opens up. We should put scans up there too

Soljer
Originally posted by nimbus006
This is an excellent idea.

However, managing it will be difficult. For instance, it may get confusing when each post is discussing a different fight.

True. But it's not really relevant anymore anyways. stick out tongue.

Raoul

BruceSkywalker
how about a Supes rogue's gallery thread?

Philosophía
in response to this. are we going to do it?

i think it would be a good thing to put together, and of course, i can always make a thread with posts reserved at the start to safeguard against people spamming in between posting of feats. i have no problem updating every time there's a new feat to include.

so what's it gonna be?

I'm in any time you decide to open it. I'm willing to comment on pretty much any section, from Superman not being FTL, to him not using his speed during fights, constantly holding back, comparing him to other DC characters (like Captain Marvel, Wonder Woman etc), how his powerlevel was increased throughout his post 1985 history to now and others.

Raoul

Original Smurph
I suggest a new mod.

The current one blows.

ermmha

BruceSkywalker
Make it, see how it goes stick out tongue

I will and thanks

Badabing
Alrighty, if you'll look at the top of the Superman Forum, you'll see that it's been handed over to moi. This thread is for you guys to give your suggestions about what we can do to improve the forum itself, and maybe even improve traffic a bit.

So, fire away... The best thing for this place would be that I mod here. biscuits

stick out tongue

Raoul
The best thing for this place would be that I mod here. biscuits

stick out tongue

you wish.

ugh. i need to get this feat discussion thread up and running...

Philosophía
ugh. i need to get this feat discussion thread up and running...

It just needs a starting point. *shrug*

Raoul

Philosophía
how about the faster than light thing?

Cool.

I have to go to sleep now, and when I wake up I'll make a post adressing this.

Raoul

galactusischere
So what happened to the Son Goku vs Superman thread?

TheTyrant
Originally posted by galactusischere

That would be a spite thread. Even SSJ1 Goku would decimate Superman.

-Pr-
Originally posted by galactusischere

they're nothing but problematic. the anime forum allows it anyway.

biensalsa
Post Ideas for writers, so they can come here and look for ideas

biensalsa
How about Superman 101? So We don't have to repeat ourselves again and again to some peps, Oh wait! that will take away the pleasure of proving them wrong big grin

Diesldude
How about a page listing Superman's low showings with context explanation? Someone people go out of their way to lowball superman. we can then always link the page to them instead of having to retype rince and repeat every so often.

I mean how does one person type pages worth of posts in their attempt to show ww is stronger than superman but not a single lick in the WW vs Thor thread. Like Delta, i thought the poster was sexist but now I wonder if it was just superman hate all along. I am not trying to call anyone out, just trying to give an example of why it would be a good idea. if you guys like I can search a certain hulk fanboy's posts for lowballing superman and list them out so that we can get started. LOL

Oh BTW pr. - belated congrats.

Supra
Much love for Superman!

Time Immemorial
Rao get back here.

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Rao get back here.

Can't really post or engage on debates for the time being. I have a lot on my plate to do other things.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Give LoB mod powers here in the Superman Forum, to ban the unworthy, to close the spite, to cleanse the filth.

Time-Immemorial
Besides Bizzaro world, where would that happen?

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Time-Immemorial
Besides Bizzaro world, where would that happen?

Maybe in hell?

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Give LoB mod powers here in the Superman Forum, to ban the unworthy, to close the spite, to cleanse the filth.

An excellent idea, General!

thumb up

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Maybe in hell?

Leave your eternal resting place out of this!

Time-Immemorial
Originally posted by LordofBrooklyn
An excellent idea, General!

thumb up

Leave your eternal resting place out of this!

Its where we sent your balls.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.