old games that need to be re-made for the next gen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John-n.co.uk
anyone ?

i loved an old game called grand ' monster ' slam would love to see that again also road rash streets of rage the gonnies and friday the 13th.

AC/DC'S_LVR
Dig Dug! eek!

John-n.co.uk
i remeber that one . classic !!

and mega man a good next gen game of that would be off the hook .

jinXed by JaNx
bushido blade

Quincy
Earthworm Jim.

The end.

Impediment
Resident Evil 2 and 3.

BackFire
Yep. RE2 for sure.

FFVII and FVI.

The N64 Zelda games as well.

Menetnashté
Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2

and Bust-a-Groove

Judge Master
Pacman.

KingD19
Shinobi(Joe Musashi)
Strider Hiryu
Battle Arena Toshinden
Spawn
etc....

I am who I am
Project Justice...

Nemesis X
Silent Hill 1 thru 3

Resident Evil 2 and 3

God of War 1 and 2

Giest

Mairuzu
Originally posted by Impediment
Resident Evil 2 and 3.

§P0oONY
None, you know they'll probably just be worse.

Darth Vicious
Punch'd Out!.... Oh wait, it is being released for the Wii soon! I love that game!

jaden101
Dizzy (treasure island or fantasy world)

Morridini
Not that the originals were bad, but I can't get hold of them anywhere, legally nor illegally, the Monkey Island series.

SaTsuJiN
FF6
General Chaos
Bonanza Bros.
Toe-Jam and Earl
Chrono Trigger
Road Rash / Skitchin
Mutant League Sports
Eternal Champions
Goldeneye / Perfect Dark (of the N64 kind.. 360 ver SUUUCKED)
Tobal No. 2.. cuz No. 1 sucked
Rygar.. a real homage to the classic game.. not the shit in a can they threw out just lately.. just the music alone was amazing
Trojan .. cuz the damn game was so cool but had no ending whatsoever
Excite Bike
Fighters Megamix (sega saturn).. game was the friggin bomb
Guardian Heroes (sega saturn).. such an awesome beat-em-up
Battle Arena Toshinden series.. game went to hell after the 3rd, needs a comeback
Urban Champion .. seeing a remake of this would be pretty cool
Karate Champ .. ol' schoo'

my particular special request for a Re-do, would be Soukaigi, for playstation (japan).. game had a kickass story, but the graphics and gameplay were just aweful.. still I toughed it out smile.. music and voice acting were superb, and the artwork in the instruction manual, and character design were really awesome

Nactous
Monkey Island for Xbox arcade.

sketch_turner
Comix Zone

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx
bushido blade I'd definitely like that.. but god knows if square can help themselves... I dont think they could resist making bishi's in leather jackets with keyblades to save their souls these days

but bushido blade with photo realistic gore?.. yes plz yes

BackFire
I'd also love to see a full blown Chrono Trigger remake.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I'd definitely like that.. but god knows if square can help themselves... I dont think they could resist making bishi's in leather jackets with keyblades to save their souls these days

laughing out loud

We also need another Mutant League Hockey

I am who I am
So no one is gonna say Final Fantasy 7? I'll say it...Final Fantasy 7.

k1Lla441
Originally posted by BackFire
I'd also love to see a full blown Chrono Trigger remake.
Have you played the remake for the ds? i heard it was good, but have never actually got my hands on it erm

Kazenji
I would like a Golden Axe game thats actually good unlike the recent rubbish.

Madvillain
Onimusha and Castlevania.

Scarlet Fox
o.o

Pong

Bluesteel
Bloody hell if there is one game I'd like to see remade it's Gunstar Heroes, that game was the definition for an action packet game.

I would just love to see that game with modern graphics that would be absolutly sick.

ThunderGodEneru
Kirby Superstar
Super Mario RPG

SaTsuJiN
Cyborg Justice
Sonic R
Balloon Fight
Bubble Bobble
Ikari Warriors

Alpha Centauri
Resident Evil 2 with Resident Evil 4/5 view.

-AC

I am who I am
SFIII 3rd Strike

Final Fight

The Bouncer

Kento
A good Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle game.

Nemesis X
Spawn Armageddon

Raijin
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Spawn Armageddon
That's not even old, or good for that matter.

Hmm, I would love to see Rare revive Battletoads, Jet Force Gemini, remakes or not.

And maybe some Megaman 1-3 remade by Grin, the guys behind Bionic Commando Rearmed.

jinXed by JaNx
DODGEBALL!!!

Kero_Co
Sure would be nice if that rumored Kid Icarus game came out.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Raijin
That's not even old

When did that game come out?

Why do you think I want it remade?

Kazenji
Spawn Armageddon was the best Spawn game made so far but even then its still bad.

Juk3n
Ikaruga - made fully 3d like H.A.W.X and Multiplayer.

Don't know what Ikaruga is? GTF off my internetz!!

Darth Jello
faxanadu

occultdestroyer
Streets of Rage and Fighting Force using GoW fighting scheme

Also, they need to make a Garou: Mark of The Wolves follow-up, re-make or not.

jinXed by JaNx
yeah, i would really like to see a good beat em up with a little depth. I really can't remember the last (4-player) beat em up i've played.

I think it would be aces to see another streets of rage, Ninja warriors or Final Fight, but really, i would just like to see a good beat em up, regardless of the game title.

Also, i can't understand why we haven't seen another 2-d castlevania game on any major console since SOTN. SOTN was a smash hit, so why not give the consoles some more love?

Any 2-d side scroller with current gen graphics and 3-d backgrounds would be well appreciated. I was very surprised to see what they were able to do with Bionic Commando on such a limited budget. More games like that smile

Also..., we need another BLOODY ROAR!!!!!

SmashBro
Body Blows. I always wonder when would Team 17 bring that series back. I do think it could do without those aliens in it though.

Icy Ninja
Resident Evil 2 and 3 with the same kind of gameplay as the remake for Game Cube they should go on the wii because the remake and Resident Evil 0 are coming to the wii soon (I think they're already out in Japan).

Nemesis X
Marvel vs. Capcom. Put some next gen graphics and smooth gameplay in there Capcom.

SaTsuJiN
Gekido... such an awesome beat-em-up <3

Kazenji
Marvel vs. Capcom. Put some next gen graphics and smooth gameplay in there Capcom.

Make it like Street Fighter 4 and it would be awesome.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Kazenji
Make it like Street Fighter 4 and it would be awesome.

It would wouldn't it?

jinXed by JaNx
Well, as long as it isn't as hard to pull off badass combo's and power attacks. wink

THE JLRTENJAC
FF VII
Mega Man X, X2 and X3 (Yes, I know they re-made X in Maverick Hunter X, but they screwed up Vile's character and changed too much dialogue. Not to mention that Sigma's new dialogue was the most annoying pieces of crap... And so was Vile's actually...)
Super Metroid

Graphical upgrades only. Leave the story and gameplay alone. They are fine the way they are.

FistOfThe North
Half Life 2 and Doom 3 but the might as well make Half Life 3 and Doom 4.

Zack Fair
I would definitely love a remake of Xenogears with a really playable 2nd disc, updated graphics(*drool*), better localization and enhanced gameplay.

Xenogears is so awesome.

occultdestroyer
Chrono Cross re-make.

sketch_turner
The Breath of Fire series

leonheartmm
xenogears

crono cross is perfect just the way it is. the beauty wud be lost with next gen graphics.

ace combat 3

vagrant story

need for speed 4 high stakes

eagle one

crono trigger

parasite eve 1 and 2

silent hill 1

tenchu 1

gekido

spyro 2 ripto's rage

syphon filter 2

bahamut lagoon

resident evil 2

megaman {awesome graphics}

rayman

Nephthys
Baldur's Gate 1+2

Nemesis X
Geist. That was a good game until some bugs were later encountered. The gameplay needs some fixing too. The story can stay the way it is.
Also there should be more levels and weapons. Hopefully if this game is ever remade I can scare people way more better than just possessing a blanket, shower, and other stuff.

Zack Fair
I wouldn't call Chrono Cross perfect, but I agree. CC doesn't really need a remake. Its good as it is.

And for those saying MvC2 ala SF4....I say nay villain! thordur

SF4 doesn't have broken chars like MvC2 biscuits

ThunderGodEneru
Seth is pretty broken in that all of his attacks take priority over your's.

Never seen a player use him that way though.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Seth is pretty broken in that all of his attacks take priority over your's.

Never seen a player use him that way though.

He deals sucky damage and takes it worse than Akuma.

The AI may be broken, but to win with him in a vs takes a lot of skill.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Zack Fair
He deals sucky damage and takes it worse than Akuma.

The AI may be broken, but to win with him in a vs takes a lot of skill. Sucky damage? Lul wut?

Then again they prolly gimped him in vs. mode.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
Sucky damage? Lul wut?

Then again they prolly gimped him in vs. mode.

Yeah. They nerfed him. Even when he has 0 health his ultra doesn't even do 1/4 damage.

occultdestroyer
Remake for BULLY or a sequel

Bicnarok
Road Rash

chomperx9
need to remake

streets of rage

and

battle toads

Black Yoshi
-Battletoads (preferably the Arcade version)
-Comic Zone
-Gunstar Heroes (The sequel on the GBA was awesome, but it can be better with a co-op mode and other features)
-Tetris Attack
-Advance Guardian Heroes

SaTsuJiN
rofl.. I watched a battle toads vid like 2 weeks ago.. I cant believe some of the insane shit in th elater levels.. I probably would have put my head through the tv screen when I was 7 trynna do that crap

Black Yoshi
The Battletoads series is infamous for it's difficulty, but they're still fun.

I am who I am
Rampage. No one remembers that, do they? Primal Rage too. What happened to that? Or Blaster Master, that would be nice to see that done again.

Black Yoshi
Wow, I haven't played Rampage in several years. It's much more fun when playing with other people.

Kazenji
They remade Rampage with it all in 3D and failed

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rampage:_Total_Destruction

Ultimate Wil
Final Fantasy 7, and Final Fantasy 8

niduin
well if you ask me the are going to make ff7 for either the ps3 or the ps4, i mean they would be stupid not to make it, it would be a huge finansial move on their part the hype for it is so huge that people that dont know anything about it will hear about how awesome it is throughthe grapevine and by the time it releases it will probably sell more copies than any other game prior to it, tho i think they are doing the right thing not saying they are going to untill production actually starts it gets people to research and get more and more hyped about something that isnt even anounced at all, i know i have done that, and still do that until i find it confirmed somewhere

~:Mr.Anderson:~
mount&blade

THE JLRTENJAC
Adding to my list:
Megaman 1-6, Graphics only, keep story and gameplay the same (They screwed up Mega Man 1 with powered up, I mean Oil man and Time man... Really?)

chidori210
The getaway. I loved that game

Kazenji
Originally posted by Black Yoshi
-Battletoads (preferably the Arcade version)

Agreed

Rare manage to pump out another Banjo-Kazooie and Perfect Dark can't see why not another Battletoads.

black_goku#1
hells ya!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.