What the hell was the point of BND?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mindset
So the New Avengers know who Spiderman is.

Now it looks like the F4 will know too.

Also, if Pete was so nonchalant about showing his face to the NA, why is he ready to fight one of his closet friends to keep his secret...?

SamZED
The point was to ruin his marriage and to retcon like a billion stories whith lotsa marvel characters learning his identity in the past 45 years. All the event with DD, Doc Strange, FF, Wolverine etc that took place in the last 45 years are no longer canon. I guess that was Joe's general idea...

roughrider
It's Peter. No matter if Mephisto warps reality to undo his past, the dumb schmuck can't help putting his foot in s**t first chance he gets. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Mindset
Originally posted by SamZED
The point was to ruin his marriage and to retcon like a billion stories whith lotsa marvel characters learning his identity in the past 45 years. All the event with DD, Doc Strange, FF, Wolverine etc that took place in the last 45 years are no longer canon. I guess that was Joe's general idea... No, apparently all his adventures with the other heroes still happened.

In one the the ASM he mentions his fight with Morlun.

And in this ASM he still had the adventure with F4, but their memory of his face was gone.

So pretty much everything is canon except his marriage to MJ, Harry dying, and him getting more powers from The Other, and EVERYONE knowing who he is, but I'm fairly sure more heroes know his identity know than before.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Mindset

So pretty much everything is canon except his marriage to MJ, Harry dying, and him getting more powers from The Other.

no the other powers are appearntly canon also. Joe quesada said he gained them but lost them. And they are supposed to explain how he lost them at a later issue

Mindset
Well, Quesada is an idiot.

At least the last couple ASM have been enjoyable, imo.

jalek moye
yea i hate him

BruceSkywalker
the point was also to spring new life into the Spiderman mythos and to make $$$$$$

jalek moye
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
the point was also to spring new life into the Spiderman mythos
his stories were more interesting before this though

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by jalek moye
his stories were more interesting before this though

yes they were.. the stories were a lot better and so was the artwork

StiltmanFTW
Well, Quesada is an idiot.

QFT.

jalek moye
i hope he doesn't have any more revelations about a characters mythos

and I've always wondered what exactly is his problem with spidey beeing married

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by jalek moye
and I've always wondered what exactly is his problem with spidey beeing married

He doesn't like women.

SamZED
Ok ive just read some info on ASM 591 it says that that story is gonna be HUGE and somehow effect the whole MU. After reading asm 590 im confused. It seems that Peter actually REMEMBERS that Mephisto wiped everyone's memory and made them forget who Spider-man is.

jalek moye
Ok ive just read some info on ASM 591 it says that that story is gonna be HUGE and somehow effect the whole MU. After reading asm 590 im confused. It seems that Peter actually REMEMBERS that Mephisto wiped everyone's memory and made them forget who Spider-man is.
ok i'm gonna go pick that up just to see whats going on

Mindset
Ok ive just read some info on ASM 591 it says that that story is gonna be HUGE and somehow effect the whole MU. After reading asm 590 im confused. It seems that Peter actually REMEMBERS that Mephisto wiped everyone's memory and made them forget who Spider-man is. Yea, I made this after I read 590.

Looks like Johnny was aware that he used to know Peter as well, or he had an inclination that he did.

StiltmanFTW

What?? So why he didn't react when Deadpool accussed him of it? confused

SamZED
I guess we'll have to wait till asm 591 comes out to find out for sure. But seriously, when Johnny strted talking about how weird it is that he doesn't know who Pete is 'cause it seemed to him as if he used to know but forgot I wanted to get into that comicbook and give him a giant hug 'cause that's the first hint since the whole bnd crap that Pete's past wasn't completly wiped out, its just the present's been changed.

H. S. 6
Finally! It seems clear now that Peter is aware of his deal with Mephisto, or at least knows of it to some extent.

It's about time we learned some of the finer details about the deal with the devil.

Arahan
After a long time I read ASM. Issue 590.
Well it was how could I put it in the right words....

CRAP

Well first he shows his face in New Avengers
now in ASM 590. And this *oh cant remember* thing
is just ridicilous.

Neo Darkhalen
Well I've officially lost my entire enthusiasm and respect for Spider-man now, shame new ways to die seemed to be the return to form for spider-man and now....well...

Silent Guardian
still haven't read Spider-Man since brand new day. All the scans I have seen are lame.

And Spider-Man is no longer my favorite character anymore that is how much BDN $#%$@$%# him over.

Mindset
Really, BND hasn't changed my opinion of Spiderman. The last few comics have been enjoyable, and since he is revealing himself to everyone I doubt the effects of BND will last that long anyway.

Magic_attack
Really, BND hasn't changed my opinion of Spiderman. The last few comics have been enjoyable, and since he is revealing himself to everyone I doubt the effects of BND will last that long anyway.

shifty

Arahan
591 issue sucks sad

Who comes up with such a stupid story.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Arahan
591 issue sucks sad

Who comes up with such a stupid story.

QFT

SamZED
Its even more $%#$ed up now. So whenever he unmasks himself all the past memories come back to whoever sees him? Then how comes they do not remember MJ? And how comes the avengers were so surprised it was him? 'cause the FF just remembered...

Arahan
Its even more $%#$ed up now. So whenever he unmasks himself all the past memories come back to whoever sees him? Then how comes they do not remember MJ? And how comes the avengers were so surprised it was him? 'cause the FF just remembered...

I had excact the same thoughts. This is just getting worse.
Oh my just kill Spiderman already so the pain ends Happy Dance

SamZED
lol Sadly but that feels like a good plot twist right now. Would solve lotsa problems...

Mindset
Doom just needs to kill Mephisto so everything goes back to normal

jalek moye
the memory return only works in his solo series i guess, and they really dont want mj back

which is realy stupid

Arahan
Yes it all makes sense now.
What was the point of BND?
I will show you:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5227/023qnr.jpg

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/4056/024lmz.jpg

The point was seeing Aunt May having sex !!!
Yes thats why she couldnt die, it was important
to us, no to the WORLD. Amazing laughing

Magic_attack
http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/5227/023qnr.jpg

Aunt May is a freak. shifty

Neo Darkhalen
Oh good god you must be joking! facepalm

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Oh good god you must be joking! facepalm

This is ground breaking stuff. smile

Mr. Rhythmic
Originally posted by Arahan
Yes it all makes sense now.
What was the point of BND?
I will show you:

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/5227/023qnr.jpg

The point was seeing Aunt May having sex !!!
Yes thats why she couldnt die, it was important
to us, no to the WORLD. Amazing laughing

...Seriously, Joe, quit.

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Mr. Rhythmic
...Seriously, Joe, quit.

You know, seriously now...this...is the last thing I thought I'd ever see in a Spider-man title...

Magic_attack
It really is just dumb.

Mindset
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
You know, seriously now...this...is the last thing I thought I'd ever see in a Spider-man title... But the first thing you wanted to see. eek!

Arahan
I am looking forward for the next issue of this masterpiece shifty

Philosophía
Well, it seems Joe figured out that retarded stuff sells (Hulk, Ultimates v3 is proof of that) so he's trying to make everything as retarded and contradictory as possible in order for it to be succesfull.

Speaks alot about the average comic fan though. haermm

steverules_2
I remember when there was spoof of spiderman seeing Aunt May sleeping with Jarvis and Pete walks in and after that he gouges his eyes out and asks DD for help on how to cope being blind

H. S. 6
Why the f*** did the writer feel the need to put a "To Be Continued" on that panel? sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.