Legacy Era

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CadoAngelus
I'd heard there was a thread dedicated to the legacy era literiture, but i couldn't find it...so, i've taken the liberty of creating a new one.

Just a general idea of people think about it, and how they think it's going to turn out. I myself have got the 5 Volumes that have been released in the UK, for people reading the single softback releases, i've just finished the issue called 'The Hidden Temple'.

I so far think it's amazing, it's gripped me all the way, and i can't stop reading it.

chilled monkey
CadoAngelus, I agree completely. I adore the Legacy Era.

One thing I really like is how there are all these different factions, where even the 'good' ones aren't always on the same wavelength. There's the One Sith, the Imperials, the Jedi, Cade and co etc. I find the way all these different groups of people interact make the series intriguing, but without being too confusing to make it enjoyable. The characters themselves are also very interesting.

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by chilled monkey
CadoAngelus, I agree completely. I adore the Legacy Era.

One thing I really like is how there are all these different factions, where even the 'good' ones aren't always on the same wavelength. There's the One Sith, the Imperials, the Jedi, Cade and co etc. I find the way all these different groups of people interact make the series intriguing, but without being too confusing to make it enjoyable. The characters themselves are also very interesting.

Dude, i love you...

:P

I love how they can have an entire sub-story and it doesn't even involve cade (who's surposed to be the main character of the series). I especially love when they go into detail about the One Sith. I love Krayt and how he's so straightforward and yet, he's still got a conscience and honour...

chilled monkey
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
Dude, i love you...

:P

Aw don't, I'll blush. laughing out loud

I love how they can have an entire sub-story and it doesn't even involve cade (who's surposed to be the main character of the series).

Exactly. There's so much going on, so many different stories, so many different points of view. It keeps things fresh and interesting.

I especially love when they go into detail about the One Sith. I love Krayt and how he's so straightforward and yet, he's still got a conscience and honour...

Yeah, Darth Krayt is a great character. Two of my favourite scenes are in "Claws of the Dragon"-

* When Krayt talks about his past and laments "how much blood and pain could have been avoided if I had but spoken?" (regarding how he knew about Anakin's massacre on Tattooine but chose not to turn him in).

* When he shows Cade the case with Kol's lightsabre. Not only does it show he respects his foes, but also that he hasn't totally abandoned his roots (he comments that it's something his people- i.e. Tuskens, taught him).

Unlike say, Bane, Sidious etc he doesn't hate the Jedi. He just feels that getting rid of them is a neccessity as they won't do what he believes has to be done.

Allankles

Unlike say, Bane, Sidious etc he doesn't hate the Jedi. He just feels that getting rid of them is a neccessity as they won't do what he believes has to be done.

He's a lot like Dooku in that respect. Tyrannus never hated the Jedi, he just felt their methods were inadequate for the dark times ahead. He also respected their courage and skill.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Allankles
He's a lot like Dooku in that respect. Tyrannus never hated the Jedi, he just felt their methods were inadequate for the dark times ahead. He also respected their courage and skill.

That's a very good point. It makes sense, seeing as Dooku and Krayt both were Jedi before turning to the Dark Side.

LordPrydon
Sidious may not hate the jedi but he doesn't mind torturing them (Ie Mace Windu, Luke) and took ghreat glee in slamming Yoda into the wall of his office in ROTS. So I would say he is very emotional about his conflicts with the jedi.

Captain REX
Eh, I'd have to say that Sidious hated the Jedi. His entire life was dedicated to their downfall as part of the Sith plan, rather than turning away from Jedi teachings.

I'll try to find the Legacy thread, but until then this is fine.

Dr McBeefington
legacy blows. If it was 1,000 years in the future, maybe it would be feasible. But 100 years? That means they have to rush to kill off the Skywalkers and Solos, which is dumb.

Captain REX
That's true, it isn't great enough of a time gap. I still enjoy the storyline, even so. Not as much as the KOTOR comics, though.

Nactous
Originally posted by Captain REX
Not as much as the KOTOR comics, though.

That might be, the greatest thing, you have ever said.

BruceSkywalker
i like the legacy era as much as i like the KOTOR comics

mattatom
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Agreed. Yesterday I read the every comic I own KotOR through to Legacy including Vector.

I really must say I feel a kinship of sorts with Cade.

chilled monkey
Speaking of Cade, does anyone think he'll ever find out about his half-sister?

BruceSkywalker
Speaking of Cade, does anyone think he'll ever find out about his half-sister?

I think so, but prolly not for a while

who do you think will become the new Sith ruler?

Allankles

I like the legacy era the least (it still in my top 3 SW on going series list though).

I much prefer the Dark Times series for how good and serious the story is, when the good guys aren't expected to win the stories come out more mature.

I like the Kotor comics second, love how big the galaxy seems because of a smaller Republic and the differences in the politics and power players compared to the more explored movie era and beyond.

Captain REX
Originally posted by Nactous
That might be, the greatest thing, you have ever said.

I even think the comics tell a better story than the video game...

-

It looks like Darth Wyyrlok is going to keep Krayt around as a puppet, so that he can lead without disrupting things.

BruceSkywalker
I even think the comics tell a better story than the video game...

-

It looks like Darth Wyyrlok is going to keep Krayt around as a puppet, so that he can lead without disrupting things.

Maybe Krayt will eventually gain back all his power and destroy Wyyrlok

Dr McBeefington
Krayt is dead.

Captain REX
Yeah, I was being very literal with puppet. Krayt got stomped and Wyyrlok put his corpse in stasis so he'd appear to be still living but merely asleep...

chilled monkey
I think so, but prolly not for a while

Probably not no. Still I hope we see more of Skull Squadron, especially Gunn herself. I thought they were great and a good addition to the cast.

who do you think will become the new Sith ruler?

I think Wyyrlok will probably keep the wool over everyone's eyes for some time. It should be interesting to see what happens when they find out.

Captain REX
Indeed. Wyyrlok is pretty impressive with the Force and with his lightsaber, it seems, so I foresee him solidifying his spot as leader.

CadoAngelus
I recon he'll just play it out using the fact that krayt was dying from vong seed growth, and then stage a "death" and then take over the 'One Sith'. Seems like the smartest option in my opinion, and Wyyrlok is a smart guy, very very smart...

Barringer
I wouldn't be surprised to see Wyyrlok's daughter make a power play.

Captain REX
I am very curious about the previous Wyyrloks that preceded this one. Do they die of old age or does the new Wyyrlok kill him a la Rule of Two?

CadoAngelus
I am very curious about the previous Wyyrloks that preceded this one. Do they die of old age or does the new Wyyrlok kill him a la Rule of Two?

I have reason to believe they have the "Rule of Two - kill your superior" take on things still, it's just everyone answers to one person...

edit: because of what Darth Talon said when she was 'training' Cade...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.