Southland

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Southland is a new cop drama from John Wells..

It stars Ben McKenzie, Michael Cudlitz, Tom Everett Scott, Regina King, Kevin Alejandro, Michael McGrady, Shawn Hatosy, and Arija Bareikis.

It premieres next thurdsay April 9

Shadow_King
I was thinking about starting a thread about this t.v show, from watching the commercials on t.v this show looks really good.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Shadow_King
I was thinking about starting a thread about this t.v show, from watching the commercials on t.v this show looks really good.

Yes it does.. I am hoping it delivers

Shadow_King
I bet NBC is hoping aswell.

BruceSkywalker
I bet NBC is hoping aswell.

you know they are..

Shadow_King
just saw the first episode, thought it was good.

BruceSkywalker
just saw the first episode, thought it was good.

same here

Mindset
Ryan Atwood smile

saintsaucey
Michael Cudlitz finally headlines his own show after playing second or third fiddle in a long string of TV shows and movies.

Cudlitz, along with Regina King, Benjamin McKenzie, Tom Everett Scott, Shawn Hatosy and Patrick Fischler star in NBC's new all to real cop drama.

McKenzie plays rookie cop Ben Sherman fresh from the academy partnered with Cudlitz's John Cooper the cop who gets the trainees.

Hatosy King and Scott all play Detectives from the same precinct. The show is done much like an episode of Cops with the footage being mostly untreated. It ain't shot in no studio. It has a very Noir feel to it with with lots of shadows and no gratuitous shots of dissected corpses that shows like CSI and NCIS love to show us. Real language is used and bleeped out to show you this is real life and real situations.

The pilot is available on Hulu via the imdb web site for those who want to check it out early.

All in all I really liked it. Cudlitz is the reason I watched it, I'm not a fan of King but I'll put up with it if it means that Cudlitz gets his own show. The guy has been on my radar since his days as Tony Miller in the original Beverly Hills 90210.

While it isn't as good as ER in the behind the scenes drama genre it does look like it is a solid investment. I just hope it is able to stay on the air when NBC forces us to watch Leno at 10pm

saintsaucey
I really like this second episode of Southland. It's very gritty and real. Something I don't usually care for but I really enjoy in this show. If I have one objection to the cast it would be Regina King. It's not that I have a problem with black actresses but there are plenty I would rather see in a TV series before her.

I've been a big fan of Michael Cudlitz since I first saw him in 90210 and I really have enjoyed him in everything I have seen since.

You really feel for these people even in the second episode. Unless they do something really stupid I am definitely with this show for the long haul.

The Nuul
Just watched my first EP last night, its a good solid show but I think it has the Heroes thingy going on wheres there too many ppl/storylines in one ep.

BruceSkywalker
yeah last nights show was pretty good..

Cudlitz has been good since the show started

Shadow_King
yeah, another good episode last night.

saintsaucey
Great episode. The show is raw and unappologetic and I like it like that. Still there was a distinct lack of Shawn Hatosy in tonights episode. I didn't like that one bit.

I also was amazed when I realized that one cop was played by C Thomas Howell. Boys come along way since he was Pony Boy. Or was he Soda Pop?

Great episode and I hope they keep it up.

BruceSkywalker
this isn't a bad show, i am not sure if it does well or not , but hopefully nbc will give it some more time

saintsaucey
An entire episode without Cudlitz and McKenzie. Sad face. Last week no Hatosy at all and this week no McKenzie. This show needs to shape up. It also needs to find a better lead female than Regina King.

forumcrew
wow did they F up BIG time this week. This early in a show each week you are getting people tunning in for the first time so you really cant afford a bad episode and they put out crap this week.

And dont get me wrong the first couple weeks I was thinking this was one of the good new shows to come along.

But an episode of all detectives and not the unis (Chickie, Cooper, Ben, Dewey) wow just a BAD idea this early on. I mean this is something they could pull much much later on in the show but right now it just doesn't work for me. (It would be like the shield not having the strike team.. who the F would want to watch?)

And while I am on the detectives... I like Moretta and Sam, but Lydia and Russel are meh. Russel I could maybe get behind but Lydia is just kind of annoying.

Next week certainly looks to be way more interesting, hopefully they right the ship and we arnt subjected to this again.

saintsaucey
Was anyone else all wtf about the end of last nights episode. I didn't see that coming at all. Also were they trying to hint that Cudlitz's character is gay

BruceSkywalker
This first season wasn't a bad one, but hopefully next season things will be shaped much better

Shadow_King
I missed the part that lead to Dewey driving like maniac and almost getting himself killed and his partner, can anyone tell me why he did that?

saintsaucey
I don't know if there really was a reason. I think it was just he was crazy drunk or at least hung over

forumcrew
I missed the part that lead to Dewey driving like maniac and almost getting himself killed and his partner, can anyone tell me why he did that?

He had been drinking (as usual) and she told him she was gonna turn him in, he just kinda lost it.

Originally posted by saintsaucey
Was anyone else all wtf about the end of last nights episode. I didn't see that coming at all. Also were they trying to hint that Cudlitz's character is gay

What are you referring to for the WTF part? What happened with Russel?

There were more shots after so he clearly took out his wife too. The guy I am sure knew Russel was a cop so he probably just did not want him to stop him. I had the same thought about Cooper.

saintsaucey
Yeah I am talking about Russel. I haven't quite gotten the names down yet. Is cooper the one played by Cudlitz? I think he took out him self as well as Shooting Russel and his wife. I am wondering if they are going to kill of the character or bring him back next season.

forumcrew
Yea Cooper is Cudlitz character. Not sure what they will do with Russel. I imagine they just wanted a bit of a cliffhanger and they will bring him back.

Shadow_King
Is LA really like that?

forumcrew
Is LA really like that?

That might be the most broad/generic question ever. Like what? Like how it is shown in the show or like a specific thing you are blindly referencing?

Shadow_King
ya, like how it is in the show??never been to LA, and where i live, rarely anything like that happens.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.