Batman 3 Discussion Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
As a huge fan of The Dark Knight, and Batman in general, I would love to hear people's discussions on the next film. Now I know there are already threads on the matter, but they could be merged, or not, doesn't really matter.

With a huge uproar of one of my favourite films and practically everyone I know, Batman 3 is inevitable. Though very difficult to surpass the next film, it will be fun nonetheless.

What are your opinons, hopes, expectations, wonders, interests and critics of the possible third film? What villain do you want, what story do you think, what about the title?

Personally, I'm thinking of it being called Knightfall and a Bane-like story, with the Penguin being included for good measure. Others are expecting Riddler, Catwoman and even Two-Face.

Batman 3 wikia article
Other Batman 3 wikia article

Mindset
Well, if they could come up with a non lame way of explaining how Dent didn't die, than I'd rather have him.

DarthLazious
The Villians will be The Riddler and Catwoman and the title for the flim will be The Shadow Of The Bat.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by DarthLazious
The Villians will be The Riddler and Catwoman and the title for the flim will be The Shadow Of The Bat.

agree on riddler and shadow of the bat..

as for catwoman, i doubt it

Bat Dude
I haven't said this recently, but I would still like it if Nolan decided to use the Reaper in some form in the next one...

I don't really want to see Riddler, though... And Bane, I can't see that working out... He's trying to gain the city's trust again, so he can become the established Batman we all know and love... He really needs to be established before Knightfall can work properly...

lord xyz
Originally posted by Bat Dude
I haven't said this recently, but I would still like it if Nolan decided to use the Reaper in some form in the next one...

I don't really want to see Riddler, though... And Bane, I can't see that working out... He's trying to gain the city's trust again, so he can become the established Batman we all know and love... He really needs to be established before Knightfall can work properly... You could be right.

I still believe in the Penguin being there. The guy's just awesome.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by lord xyz
You could be right.

I still believe in the Penguin being there. The guy's just awesome.

Same here, I will not be surprised if Oswald is in this..

lord xyz
If Nolan is using villains unseen, then how about Killer Moth? The anti-Batman?

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=735

DarthLazious
Why dont you wanna see Catwoman?

BruceSkywalker
If Nolan is using villains unseen, then how about Killer Moth? The anti-Batman?

http://www.movie-moron.com/?p=735

she'll be knocked out easy..

Why dont you wanna see Catwoman?

selina would be good, but Chris Nolan doesn't want her

lord xyz
Why dont you wanna see Catwoman? It's not that, I don't think anyone could do her any better than she was done in Batman Begins. Further more, I don't think she can hold a movie on herself without it having that romantic element, or it just being about Batman trying to catch her.

She does happen to be one of my favourite characters.

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
selina would be good, but Chris Nolan doesn't want her
Good.
It's not that I don't like her. She just doesn't seem to be the right type of character/villain to appear in Nolan's Batman universe (if ya get my drift), especially if they were to use the same kind of Catwoman from that lackluster movie of hers. Eww.

SnakeEyes
It's not that, I don't think anyone could do her any better than she was done in Batman Begins.

Catwoman wasn't in Batman Begins.

Kovacs86

I don't really want to see Riddler, though... And Bane, I can't see that working out... He's trying to gain the city's trust again, so he can become the established Batman we all know and love... He really needs to be established before Knightfall can work properly...

Why the assumption that Bane being in a film must make it Knightfall? The Dark Knight did not directly adapt a Joker/ Two Face story. The same for Begins w/ Scarecrow/ Ra's. Nolan can do pretty much what he wants with the characters, as far as I'm concerned.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Good.
It's not that I don't like her. She just doesn't seem to be the right type of character/villain to appear in Nolan's Batman universe (if ya get my drift), especially if they were to use the same kind of Catwoman from that lackluster movie of hers. Eww.

Yeah, that Catwoman movie shiite..

No she doesn't, but if Nolan were to tweak his "real world" storytelling then a jewel thief martial artist in rubber could work..

lord xyz
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Catwoman wasn't in Batman Begins. *Batman Returns.

Man, that was a big **** up.

Originally posted by Kovacs86
Why the assumption that Bane being in a film must make it Knightfall? The Dark Knight did not directly adapt a Joker/ Two Face story. The same for Begins w/ Scarecrow/ Ra's. Nolan can do pretty much what he wants with the characters, as far as I'm concerned. I don't think it's that, it's just Knightfall is well receieved story-arc, that most people feel fits after The Dark Knight.

BruceSkywalker
Michael Caine talking...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-3_caine-talks-B3-rumors_4-9-09.html

lord xyz
Michael Caine talking...

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-3_caine-talks-B3-rumors_4-9-09.html Any chance on getting that film that's available outside the US...preferably the UK?

Kovacs86
*Batman Returns.

I don't think it's that, it's just Knightfall is well receieved story-arc, that most people feel fits after The Dark Knight.

And yet most people don't seem to realise Bane is actually quite an intelligent guy...

Anyway, who the hell would stand in for Batman? What kind of rogues' gallery would be broken out of Arkham? Just The Joker, maybe Crane... Victor Zsasz? There are so many reasons why this wouldn't work. At least not for years. Animated, it'd be great. But they'd have to keep one good Batman series running for a good couple of decades before they'd reach the point where it could really work in live action!

Kazenji
*Batman Returns.

In what way ?

BruceSkywalker
Any chance on getting that film that's available outside the US...preferably the UK?

proly so

lord xyz
proly so Can you find it for me? I can't.

BruceSkywalker
Can you find it for me? I can't.

one day i will...

QUESTION FOR EVERYONE: Will Det,. Harvey Bullock ever appear in a live action movie?

Raoul
Good.

are you comparing selina kyle's magnificence to that piece of shit halle berry played?

Originally posted by Kazenji
In what way ?

i think he meant that the f*ck up was calling batman returns batman begins, not that returns was shit...

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Raoul
are you comparing selina kyle's magnificence to that piece of shit halle berry played?
Not in the way you're thinking.

Raoul
Not in the way you're thinking.

thank god.

i think catwoman could work, though it would definitely need adaptation to fit within nolan's world...

lord xyz

i think he meant that the f*ck up was calling batman returns batman begins, not that returns was shit... Yes.

Ridley_Prime
thank god.

i think catwoman could work, though it would definitely need adaptation to fit within nolan's world...
Yeah, exactly.

Badabing
I wish they could do Knightfall or Hush.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badabing
I wish they could do Knightfall or Hush.

Hush could wokr in Nolan's world.. as for Knightfall, Nolan would prolly have to change some things but still it may work

Ridley_Prime
I really want Deadshot in, but I know they won't since he was in that anime adaption earlier.

SelinaAndBruce
I definitely would want Hush.

SelinaAndBruce
O and I personally liked Catwoman's characterization in Batman Returns even though it was mainly Burton's twisted interpretation more than it was actually true to the comics. Their relationship was my favorite of all of Batman's relationships on screen, obviously but I have an affinity for Selina and Bruce in all incarnations, lol

Raoul
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
O and I personally liked Catwoman's characterization in Batman Returns even though it was mainly Burton's twisted interpretation more than it was actually true to the comics. Their relationship was my favorite of all of Batman's relationships on screen, obviously but I have an affinity for Selina and Bruce in all incarnations, lol

it was twisted, but in the end, i thought it still stayed true to selina and bruce. being who they are and doing what they do, any relationship is going to be a bit odd...

as far as hush goes, it'd be great, but they'd have to remove two key scenes from it (the superman part, and the jason todd part), which might ruin it...

Kovacs86
Considering how many bad guys appear in Hush, a straight adaption wouldn't work. Same with Knightfall (along with the distinct lack of anyone to actually stand in as Batman).

Ridley_Prime
mmm

Badabing
Considering how many bad guys appear in Hush, a straight adaption wouldn't work. Same with Knightfall (along with the distinct lack of anyone to actually stand in as Batman). You are a things ruiner! uhuh

stick out tongue

Kovacs86
Ouch.

SelinaAndBruce
I also believe that Selina and Bruce were true to the spirit in Batman Returns. You wanted them together, you wanted them to live happily ever after but somehow you know just like they do that it never can be

lord xyz
Originally posted by SelinaAndBruce
I also believe that Selina and Bruce were true to the spirit in Batman Returns. You wanted them together, you wanted them to live happily ever after but somehow you know just like they do that it never can be I think Catwoman should be in the fourth one.

It'd be interesting to see a Batman film without a romantic interest like the other 2.

BruceSkywalker
Christian talking Batman 3..

http://www.batman-on-film.com/BATMAN-3_bale-talks-B3_4-28-09.html

Ridley_Prime
Eh... I'm sure Nolan's got his reasons for being reluctant about having anything to do with this 3rd film. I hope for Bale's sake though that he ends up directing again. He's more enthusiastic about it than I thought.

Needless to say, I doubt this movie will do better than TDK, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a disappointment.

BruceSkywalker
Eh... I'm sure Nolan's got his reasons for being reluctant about having anything to do with this 3rd film. I hope for Bale's sake though that he ends up directing again. He's more enthusiastic about it than I thought.

Needless to say, I doubt this movie will do better than TDK, but that doesn't necessarily mean it'll be a disappointment.

I am not worried at all.. In fact since there is no possible way that they can outdo themselves, I just look forward to a good movie

Kovacs86
Of course they could outdo themselves. The Dark Knight is not the greatest film of all time. It is not perfect. It's also not The Godfather. Hence, the next film could be superior. I have my doubts, but the Nolans haven't ****ed up yet, and they'll have no problem getting one ****ing amazing cast, if they want it.

BruceSkywalker
Of course they could outdo themselves. The Dark Knight is not the greatest film of all time. It is not perfect. It's also not The Godfather. Hence, the next film could be superior. I have my doubts, but the Nolans haven't ****ed up yet, and they'll have no problem getting one ****ing amazing cast, if they want it.

yeah, true they could outdo themselves but I just can't see it.. of course my opinon may change in 3 years when B3 actually comes ou but as of right now i do not see it.. besides remember how spidey 2 was the best and then came spidey 3 or the empire strikes back and then comes return of the jedi..i don't want the same thing here so i know that WB most likely will not try to outdo themselves

Q'Anilia
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24822660-5006023,00.html

Eddie Murphy? Really? no expression Prank article?
Or Johnny Depp? Read a local magazine article a few days ago that says it's between Johnny and Eddie. A local movie theatre magazine is a good edit, I guess. Can still be false, of course, but at least it's not the World Wide Web.

Kovacs86
It's all from some article in The Sun. I wouldn't believe a word of it. There is no way that they've already cast Eddie Murphy, Rachel Weisz and Shia LeBoeuf, but haven't even got around to announcing officially that there will even be another Batman film.

Q'Anilia
The magazine I read said that Eddie Murphy and Johnny Depp are both interested in playing The Riddler in the new Batman movie and that one of the two is the currently most likely choice. It being a fairly recent number and it implicating that it's still undecided makes me doubt The Sun as well stick out tongue

Of course, I'm certain the article could be interpreted in a large variety of ways smile

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Q'Anilia
http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24822660-5006023,00.html

Eddie Murphy? Really? no expression Prank article?
Or Johnny Depp? Read a local magazine article a few days ago that says it's between Johnny and Eddie. A local movie theatre magazine is a good edit, I guess. Can still be false, of course, but at least it's not the World Wide Web.

Originally posted by Q'Anilia
The magazine I read said that Eddie Murphy and Johnny Depp are both interested in playing The Riddler in the new Batman movie and that one of the two is the currently most likely choice. It being a fairly recent number and it implicating that it's still undecided makes me doubt The Sun as well stick out tongue

Of course, I'm certain the article could be interpreted in a large variety of ways smile

thats a fake article.. Everyone knows that there will be another Batman movie BUT OFFICIALLY NOTHING HAS BEEN ANNOUNCED..

but reading all these rumors are fun

DarthLazious
agree on riddler and shadow of the bat..

as for catwoman, i doubt it

Why do you doubt it?

Mindset
I wanna be cast as Robin

BruceSkywalker
Why do you doubt it?

Chris Nolan himself has said so.. He doesn't seem the type to change his mind although for everything their is a first time...

DarthLazious
True but I would like to see him bring in Catwoman since I dont consider the 2004 flim Catwoman cannon in the Batman world.
Also I dont wanna see Robin in the next flim either since these Batman flim are meant to be Dark just as they are in the comics. I guess if they made a 4th intsallment they could include Robin but only if they can still keep it Dark and not kiddy friendly as they did in Batman Foreverand Batman & Robin.

BruceSkywalker
True but I would like to see him bring in Catwoman since I dont consider the 2004 flim Catwoman cannon in the Batman world.
Also I dont wanna see Robin in the next flim either since these Batman flim are meant to be Dark just as they are in the comics. I guess if they made a 4th intsallment they could include Robin but only if they can still keep it Dark and not kiddy friendly as they did in Batman Foreverand Batman & Robin.

If he did change his mind and had Catwoman she would definetely fit into the world he has created.. I think the only way I'd like to Robin in Nolanverse would be a few scenes in Batman 4 or so and then spin him off into his own film thereby not be directly involved with Batman

DarthLazious
If he did change his mind and had Catwoman she would definetely fit into the world he has created.. I think the only way I'd like to Robin in Nolanverse would be a few scenes in Batman 4 or so and then spin him off into his own film thereby not be directly involved with Batman

I dont see why not. She is a great villian and it would be a shame if she wasn't used in the next flim. I agree with you there all the way man.

Red Superfly
Of course they can do something better than The Dark Knight.

It's mental to think otherwise. Of course they could. It's entirely within their capabilities. They just need to get started, and get the right people on board.

They could actually make a fine movie for a third.

The Dark Knight, as good as it was, had Batman himself take a bit of a back seat and get overshadowed. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but I'd love to see a third film return to the Batman Begins style, where Bruce goes on another quest to find and question his motives and his life. Make it about Batman.

I love to see Scarecrow again for round three, this time as someone who has learned from mistakes and is no longer a constant failure.

You could have Talia Al Ghul, looping it back to the first film. Even superpowerred freaks like Poison Ivy and Mr Freeze (seriously!)could be given the Nolan update treatment.

I mean The Joker is an "accident freak" in the comics too, so they removed the freaky accident and caked him in some gruesome makeup, and it didn't do any harm, in fact it made it more interesting to see a different take on it. There's a billion things you could do with Mr Freeze and Ivy, they don't have to be super-powerred or have silly technology in order to work as villains. Only uber-comic-nerds complained about Joker wearring make-up, everyone else embraced the invention as a new take on the tried and true.

I don't think people are thinking outside the box enough when it comes to the possibilities of established villains in this new Batman world. We know that Nolan likes to take the character, the seesnce, and just the fundamental parts of their look and iconography, and mould it into something new.

BruceSkywalker
I dont see why not. She is a great villian and it would be a shame if she wasn't used in the next flim. I agree with you there all the way man.

thanks..

DarthLazious
Anytime.

I just dont wanna see them recast Batman like they did in the older flims.

BruceSkywalker
Anytime.

I just dont wanna see them recast Batman like they did in the older flims.

I doubt that would happen unless WB doesn't remember what happened before.. In fact I think that there will be at least 3 more Nolan movies

dj slade
i heard michael c hall from dexter could be the riddler

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by dj slade
i heard michael c hall from dexter could be the riddler

thats one of about a gazilllion rumors..

although Hall could do a good job

lord xyz
Something that would make this next film great is if Batman almost dies. Like he realises he's just a human.

Okay, that sounds like the Knightfalll story, but it's appropiate.

Ridley_Prime
Something that would make this next film great is if Batman almost dies. Like he realises he's just a human.
Wasn't he like, almost dead at the end of The Dark Knight when he was shot by Two-Face and fell off a 2-story building with Harvey? After all, Fox said the suit would protect him against anything except a straight shot IIRC, and Two-Face's bullet was a straight shot.

lord xyz
Wasn't he like, almost dead at the end of The Dark Knight when he was shot by Two-Face and fell off a 2-story building with Harvey? After all, Fox said the suit would protect him against anything except a straight shot IIRC, and Two-Face's bullet was a straight shot. But with Dent gone, and Batman as the enemy, all chaos is going to bring out. Batman can;t protect Gotham from the huge uproar of crime that'll come out from the dark knight.

BruceSkywalker
But with Dent gone, and Batman as the enemy, all chaos is going to bring out. Batman can;t protect Gotham from the huge uproar of crime that'll come out from the dark knight.

Batman will find a way to protect Gotham City even if he has to beat up the GCPD in the process

Davis Bloome
Exactly. He doesn't care what he has to go through as long as the citizens of Gotham are as safe as can be.

DarthLazious
Yeah you both are right.

Kainreaver
HAHAHA! This is kinda cool. Maybe Batman and Robin COULD have been a good movie...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60pg6VsoGbk

Ridley_Prime
Okay, we get it. You don't have to post the same link 3 times.

coolmovies
Megan fox as catwoman would be like a dream come true

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by coolmovies

highly doubtful, but she is hot

Davis Bloome
Megan Fox as Catwoman would be a disaster, she's not good enough of an actress to be Catwoman, and under Nolan that'd never happen.

But all I have to say is.......
........................................................................................................................................................................................................................

Johnny Depp should be the next Joker!!!!!

BruceSkywalker
(auto quote)

agree on Megan

Davis Bloome
Yep, I don't get what's up with people suggesting her for every major female hero (She-Hulk, Wonder Woman, and now Catwoman). She's not a great enough actress to tackle those characters. She's okay, but nothing special.

Raoul
Originally posted by coolmovies

for who?

sad

imo, selina has to be played by a woman with a figure. not someone who's skinny. someone who's a bit grown up, and knows her way around a bedroom.

Badabing
My dream Catwoman.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/untitled-1.jpg

BruceSkywalker
My dream Catwoman.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/untitled-1.jpg

she'd make a good catwoman definitely

Badabing
she'd make a good catwoman definitely She may be a bit too old now. sad
I'd like someone with dark hair and a body like Monica has. Meagan Fox is good looking but doesn't have enough of a mod imo.

BruceSkywalker
She may be a bit too old now. sad
I'd like someone with dark hair and a body like Monica has. Meagan Fox is good looking but doesn't have enough of a mod imo.

thats true, megan is also a little short..

I'd love for Megan Gale to maybe play Catwoman especially if she can't play WW...

http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/6137/meganv.jpg

lord xyz
I think the Joker will be recast. Recastings happen all the time, we just need someone who can do Heath's performance well.

We'll need a Vader to go with him as Sidious though. hmm

Davis Bloome
At this point I think one of my top choices for Catwoman would be Christina Hendricks. She appears to be a pretty good actress and she has an amazing figure.

http://aslcdn.celebuzz.com/archive/2009/02/05/christina-hendricks-cleavage-16.jpg

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Davis Bloome
At this point I think one of my top choices for Catwoman would be Christina Hendricks. She appears to be a pretty good actress and she has an amazing figure.

http://aslcdn.celebuzz.com/archive/2009/02/05/christina-hendricks-cleavage-16.jpg

if Nolan doesn't hire a foreign actress, Christina Hendricks could work

Davis Bloome
Now that you mention it I actually don't mind the idea of Nolan hiring a foreign actress and giving her a shot at being Catwoman. It could work out well, but my number one choice at the moment is a tie between Christina Hendricks & Charlize Theron. I'm kind of leaning more towards Hendricks.

BruceSkywalker
Now that you mention it I actually don't mind the idea of Nolan hiring a foreign actress and giving her a shot at being Catwoman. It could work out well, but my number one choice at the moment is a tie between Christina Hendricks & Charlize Theron. I'm kind of leaning more towards Hendricks.

yeah she could work.. It will be very interesting to see Selina on screen if Nolan wants her in the film

U Neek
Why not stick with the gang / gangster element and use characters like Black Mask or King Snake? Even the Penguin to some extent holds some power and clout in the comics, so he could work too. But then we've already seen him in a Batman film...

Evil SeeD
I havn't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if it's already been broughten up, but Michelle Pfeiffer has already been asked if she would return and do catwomen again, and she said absolutley.

Could she be returning to reprise her perfected role?

I hope so!

she does mention she thinks they may want a new face, lets keep our fingers crossed. The link is below to read the whole article:

http://perezhilton.com/category/michelle-pfeiffer/

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Evil SeeD
I havn't read the whole thread, so I'm not sure if it's already been broughten up, but Michelle Pfeiffer has already been asked if she would return and do catwomen again, and she said absolutley.

Could she be returning to reprise her perfected role?

I hope so!

she does mention she thinks they may want a new face, lets keep our fingers crossed. The link is below to read the whole article:

http://perezhilton.com/category/michelle-pfeiffer/

i don't read miss i mean mr hilton..

Miss Pfeiffer will not be returning ... If Catwoman is indeed in Batman 3 or in any other Nolan directed Batman film she will be played by someone who can act as well as possibly someone young

Bat Dude
i don't read miss i mean mr hilton..

Miss Pfeiffer will not be returning ... If Catwoman is indeed in Batman 3 or in any other Nolan directed Batman film she will be played by someone who can act as well as possibly someone young

You make it sound like Michelle Pfeiffer can't act... We all know she definitely can...

BUT PLEASE NO CATWOMAN IN BATMAN 3...

OR RIDDLER...

OR HARLEY QUINN...

BruceSkywalker
You make it sound like Michelle Pfeiffer can't act... We all know she definitely can...

OR RIDDLER...

OR HARLEY QUINN...

wasn't my intention, as i like her in various roles

Davis Bloome

OR RIDDLER...

OR HARLEY QUINN...

I'm not going to ask why you don't want Harley, I already know that answer, but I don't see why you wouldn't want to see Nolan's take on the Riddler, especially with someone like Johnny Depp wanting to get the role. We need his interpretation to completely wash that abomination that was Riddler in name only from "Batman Forever" out of our minds. As for Catwoman, I can go either way, I really only care about seeing either the Riddler, Bane or Catwoman, and anyone else is fair game. I'm not sure who they'd get for Bane, but if they only have the Riddler & Catwoman & Johnny Depp & Christina Hendricks is cast, I'd jizz myself repeatedly in awe.

Now, for Harley, I don't even think the Joker is needed for her to appear. With Nolan, I have absolutely no doubts in my mind that he could handle her character and make her a solo villain while making her as compelling to watch onscreen and as interesting as the Joker. It could be a thing where she's inspired by his actions, and is infatuated with him, but has yet to have actually met him, and thus she's a solo villain. If Harley were cast I'd want her to be able to pose a bit of a physical threat to Batman in that she could be somewhat trained, but not to the point where she's actually kicking his ass badly. I'd mostly want her to be very cerebal like the Joker and someone that doesn't fight everytime the opportunity arises.

Bat Dude
I'm not going to ask why you don't want Harley, I already know that answer, but I don't see why you wouldn't want to see Nolan's take on the Riddler, especially with someone like Johnny Depp wanting to get the role. We need his interpretation to completely wash that abomination that was Riddler in name only from "Batman Forever" out of our minds. As for Catwoman, I can go either way, I really only care about seeing either the Riddler, Bane or Catwoman, and anyone else is fair game. I'm not sure who they'd get for Bane, but if they only have the Riddler & Catwoman & Johnny Depp & Christina Hendricks is cast, I'd jizz myself repeatedly in awe.

Now, for Harley, I don't even think the Joker is needed for her to appear. With Nolan, I have absolutely no doubts in my mind that he could handle her character and make her a solo villain while making her as compelling to watch onscreen and as interesting as the Joker. It could be a thing where she's inspired by his actions, and is infatuated with him, but has yet to have actually met him, and thus she's a solo villain. If Harley were cast I'd want her to be able to pose a bit of a physical threat to Batman in that she could be somewhat trained, but not to the point where she's actually kicking his ass badly. I'd mostly want her to be very cerebal like the Joker and someone that doesn't fight everytime the opportunity arises.

I don't want Harley because I really don't like the character...

I don't want Riddler because we've seen him already in a major role...

I don't want Catwoman because we've seen her already in a major role...

I want to see Nolan go outside the box for villains in the next film... We ALWAYS see Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Catwoman, Riddler, etc. He chose two other villains in Begins (and it turned out great), so why not do it again? Villains I'd like to see considered for Batman 3 are:

Reaper
Talia
Black Mask
Bane
Ventriloquist (cameo)
Mad Hatter (cameo)
Clayface (Golden Age version)
Killer Croc (a BTAS style Croc with a skin disorder)
Rupert Thorne (in a Falcone style role)
Hugo Strange (in a Scarecrow style role)
Deadshot (cameo)
Firefly (cameo)
etc.

chomperx9
if they add MR. freeze to the next batman film no matter if its nolan directing or not its gonna turn out to be a kiddy movie.

i think they should have saved harvey dents accident to the next film and have two face be the villain in batman 3

Bat Dude
Originally posted by chomperx9
if they add MR. freeze to the next batman film no matter if its nolan directing or not its gonna turn out to be a kiddy movie.

i think they should have saved harvey dents accident to the next film and have two face be the villain in batman 3

For the second time, I have to say to one of your posts: Absolutely not.

Again, Batman and Robin didn't tank just because it had Robin or Batgirl or Mr. Freeze, it tanked because of horrible direction and bad writing...

Mr. Freeze from BTAS is a very tragic figure, and in a future Batman film, that Freeze would work well, but I don't want Freeze in a movie for a while... See my above post for a list of who I would like to see considered...

I would have put Two-Face, but I believe Aaron Eckhart said he wasn't gonna be back for Batman 3... That was a little bit after the movie was released... I remember an article or interview of that nature...

Evil SeeD

she will be played by someone who can act as well as possibly someone young

Not that I'm saying you don't have a word to your own opinion, but she certainly played Catwomen tremendously well, and if you have seen pictures of her lately (same link as above, how I love Perez wink ) you would see she is in probably in better shape than before, and age, well she looks great.

I don't think she will be reprised as Catwomen, I'm not arguing that. =)

Just think it's interesting that it has been brought up, and I personally would be all for it.

chomperx9
For the second time, I have to say to one of your posts: Absolutely not.

Again, Batman and Robin didn't tank just because it had Robin or Batgirl or Mr. Freeze, it tanked because of horrible direction and bad writing...

Mr. Freeze from BTAS is a very tragic figure, and in a future Batman film, that Freeze would work well, but I don't want Freeze in a movie for a while... See my above post for a list of who I would like to see considered...

I would have put Two-Face, but I believe Aaron Eckhart said he wasn't gonna be back for Batman 3... That was a little bit after the movie was released... I remember an article or interview of that nature... and again i have to disagree with you. if nolan puts MR. freeze in one of his films and its still a serious movie how is a villain using an ice gun freezing everyone not gonna be childish in a way. riddler would be a good character for the next film i agree to that or two face but any character that shoots out stuff or has powers the movie is going to be a little childish. sorry if you disagree pal but thats how i see it. watch cartoon network if you enjoy watching lazer beam blasts and stuff.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Evil SeeD
Not that I'm saying you don't have a word to your own opinion, but she certainly played Catwomen tremendously well, and if you have seen pictures of her lately (same link as above, how I love Perez wink ) you would see she is in probably in better shape than before, and age, well she looks great.

I don't think she will be reprised as Catwomen, I'm not arguing that. =)

Just think it's interesting that it has been brought up, and I personally would be all for it.

that was then.. she will not be this time around providing even Chris Nolan has Catwoman in one of his films.. Pictures can be photoshopped which is what Mr. Lavenderia does.. Besides I don't have to look at the pics when Michelle Pfeiffer was just recently interviewed by Access Hollywood

Davis Bloome
I don't want Harley because I really don't like the character...

I don't want Riddler because we've seen him already in a major role...

I don't want Catwoman because we've seen her already in a major role...

I want to see Nolan go outside the box for villains in the next film... We ALWAYS see Joker, Penguin, Two-Face, Catwoman, Riddler, etc. He chose two other villains in Begins (and it turned out great), so why not do it again? Villains I'd like to see considered for Batman 3 are:

Reaper
Talia
Black Mask
Bane
Ventriloquist (cameo)
Mad Hatter (cameo)
Clayface (Golden Age version)
Killer Croc (a BTAS style Croc with a skin disorder)
Rupert Thorne (in a Falcone style role)
Hugo Strange (in a Scarecrow style role)
Deadshot (cameo)
Firefly (cameo)
etc.

Yes, we saw Riddler in a major role, but the role was done horribly. Now, if it were done as well as Catwoman or Joker I'd agree with you, but we need an interpretation that is actually good.

Catwoman isn't my top choice to see, but I would like to see her somewhere in this franchise. I'd also like to see Riddler, especially with Johnny Depp wanting the role. But, if we got Riddler, I'd also like to see someone like Bane put in the movie. That will escalate the challenge in that the Riddler challenges Batman mentally, and Bane challenges him both physically and mentally, which means we'd have to really see Bruce use his brain.

lord xyz
I never really liked the Riddler, I guess that's due to Forever and the 60s series, but he always struck me as a goofball.

Penguin, Bane and Catwoman are more my liking. Catwoman I wouldn't want in the next film, but Bane and Penguin, yes.

Firefly as well is pretty cool. An anti Batman, and if you think about it, Firefly are bright things that fly, bats are dark things that fly, but the dark thing is good and the bright thing is bad!

Talia would also fit since Ra's was in BB.

Still, the Joker has to be recast. If they get a really good actor, the audinece will appreciate it, I'm sure.

Davis Bloome
I highly doubt Nolan will recast the Joker. He already said he won't. It'd be nice, but it won't happen. And if all you see the Riddler as is a goofball, I really suggest you check out the '90's animated series and read some of the comic books. Only in the live action media has he been presented as a Joker clone. In the comics he's not a goofball in the slightest.

Bat Dude
I highly doubt Nolan will recast the Joker. He already said he won't. It'd be nice, but it won't happen. And if all you see the Riddler as is a goofball, I really suggest you check out the '90's animated series and read some of the comic books. Only in the live action media has he been presented as a Joker clone. In the comics he's not a goofball in the slightest.

I suggest you read the OLD comics (from the 40s till around the late 80s)... He was a goofball in those... That's not how he is now, of course, but then again, Robin is no longer the green speedo wearing 12 year old, but everyone still hates HIM roll eyes (sarcastic)

We've seen Riddler already stick out tongue

I hope Nolan goes in the complete opposite direction everyone thinks he'll go...

Davis Bloome
Meh, the '40's comics are different than the comics now, and the fact of the matter is that all of his villains are taken more seriously than they once were. Even a villain as great as the Joker went through a period where he was simply comic relief. The Riddler would work just fine in Nolan's universe, especially since we haven't seen a lot of Batman's detective side.

Bat Dude
Meh, the '40's comics are different than the comics now, and the fact of the matter is that all of his villains are taken more seriously than they once were. Even a villain as great as the Joker went through a period where he was simply comic relief. The Riddler would work just fine in Nolan's universe, especially since we haven't seen a lot of Batman's detective side.

But like I said, Riddler may have changed since then, but Robin changed a lot since the 40s, too, and everyone still holds that era (40s-60s) against the character...

Davis Bloome
I don't hold it against his character, because he's pretty cool, but the majority of people I've talked to on forums don't want him in the movies because this is a young Batman and they want to see him tackling his problems solo before they rush into partnering him with Robin or Batgirl. I'd be totally fine if he met Dick Grayson & maybe was in the stage of training him, but he didn't become Robin. That'd be fine, but we don't necessarily need Robin this early in the series. Batman is only in his late 20's. Robin should always come into play when he's in his mid 30's.

Bat Dude
I don't hold it against his character, because he's pretty cool, but the majority of people I've talked to on forums don't want him in the movies because this is a young Batman and they want to see him tackling his problems solo before they rush into partnering him with Robin or Batgirl. I'd be totally fine if he met Dick Grayson & maybe was in the stage of training him, but he didn't become Robin. That'd be fine, but we don't necessarily need Robin this early in the series. Batman is only in his late 20's. Robin should always come into play when he's in his mid 30's.

Yeah, that's what I'm suggesting, but a lot of people don't want the character in AT ALL... It's those people who use the 40s-60s era against the character. But those same people want Riddler in, when he was just as goofy back then as Robin...

Davis Bloome
I'm not denying that a lot of villains were goofy in those days, just that some would fit into this universe and some wouldn't. At this stage, with all that's going on with Batman, I wouldn't buy him having the time to mentor and train someone to be his sidekick, and I honestly don't even see this version of Batman as wanting a sidekick at all.

With the Riddler he'd provide more of a challenge for Batman mentally....almost more than the Joker, because if the riddles are incredibly difficult, Batman would have to use every bit of his brainpower to solve them.

BruceSkywalker
I'm not denying that a lot of villains were goofy in those days, just that some would fit into this universe and some wouldn't. At this stage, with all that's going on with Batman, I wouldn't buy him having the time to mentor and train someone to be his sidekick, and I honestly don't even see this version of Batman as wanting a sidekick at all.

With the Riddler he'd provide more of a challenge for Batman mentally....almost more than the Joker, because if the riddles are incredibly difficult, Batman would have to use every bit of his brainpower to solve them.

good post

Bat Dude

But the logic behind not wanting Robin at all (his old goofiness) would apply to Riddler, too, right? We aren't looking at modern Riddler, since the logic that those certain fans use doesn't look at modern Robin...

See what I'm geting at?

Davis Bloome
My point now isn't that he isn't wanted because of his goofiness, the more mature comic fans have been long past that, and see him as a great character, but what I'm saying is he has no place in this series right now. The Riddler, on the other hand, does.

Bat Dude
My point now isn't that he isn't wanted because of his goofiness, the more mature comic fans have been long past that, and see him as a great character, but what I'm saying is he has no place in this series right now. The Riddler, on the other hand, does.

Yes, I understand that. He shouldn't be in the series yet, I'm not disputing that. I'm saying if those fans don't want Robin in ANY future film for THOSE reasons, they shouldn't want Riddler either because he fits THOSE reasons, too...

That was the point I was trying to get across...

Anyway...

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/ennemis/Reaper0.gif

'Nuff said...

Davis Bloome
Lol, this is the last thing I'll say on the Robin & Riddler subject for now because I know you probably want the discussion to move on but I have no doubt in my mind Nolan could take both as seriously as possible and make a great result.

My top choices for villains still stand as either a return from the Joker, the Riddler, Bane, or Harley Quinn. Yes, yes, I know you detest Harley Quinn, but Nolan would have the perfect opportunity of making the character nearly the same as TAS without making her too goofy. If she were used, the only time they'd have to show the Joker is maybe in a flashback sequence where she's talking to him in Arkham, but she could work quite well as a solo villain.

lord xyz

With the Riddler he'd provide more of a challenge for Batman mentally....almost more than the Joker, because if the riddles are incredibly difficult, Batman would have to use every bit of his brainpower to solve them. Can't he just punch the Riddler in the face?

Davis Bloome
What would that have to do with showing Batman's detective skills?

BruceSkywalker
Can't he just punch the Riddler in the face?

then there won't be much of a two hour film..

What would that have to do with showing Batman's detective skills?

i am very positive that Batman 3 or should i say Shadow of the Bat will show Batman's excellent detective skills

Raoul
Can't he just punch the Riddler in the face?

that's why he needs to solve the riddles. so he can get close enough to the riddler to do so.

Darth Martin
or should i say Shadow of the Bat Is that the official title? I was hoping for The World's Greatest Detective or The Caped Crusader.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Is that the official title? I was hoping for The World's Greatest Detective or The Caped Crusader.

no but i do hope so

Davis Bloome
Neither The Caped Crusader nor The World's Greatest Detective would work as a title for these films, but I'm all for Shadow of the Bat being the title.

BruceSkywalker
Neither The Caped Crusader nor The World's Greatest Detective would work as a title for these films, but I'm all for Shadow of the Bat being the title.

It fits directly into Nolanverse

Davis Bloome
Exactly, which is why I want it used so badly. Especially with everyone being after Batman, I think it'd all go together perfectly.

BruceSkywalker
Exactly, which is why I want it used so badly. Especially with everyone being after Batman, I think it'd all go together perfectly.

yes it would, batman would certainly be able stay in the shadows while still protecting gotham city.. also i think gordan and batman will still communicate with each other secretly

Davis Bloome
It'll be fun with things being on edge and us not knowing what'll happen next due to the GPC being after Bats.

I'd also like to see how he'd maybe handle going after someone like Catwoman who'd possibly try smearing his name even more.

lord xyz
What would that have to do with showing Batman's detective skills? Nothing, but it's a more effective way to stop the riddler.

Besides, I don't see him holding a film on his own.

that's why he needs to solve the riddles. so he can get close enough to the riddler to do so. Mmm, okay.

Davis Bloome
I see him holding a film just fine. But, he's too much of an underrated villain for people to give him a chance to hold his own film.

Bat Dude
I see him holding a film just fine. But, he's too much of an underrated villain for people to give him a chance to hold his own film.

The Riddler is underrated?

I think he's quite overrated, myself...

lord xyz
Batman having to interrogate his enemies in his Batcave would be pretty awesome, since he can't have the police help him.

I would also like to see an emotional journey with Batman. You don't get that in TDK, and you kinda get that in BB, but not so much.

Ridley_Prime

Me too.

BruceSkywalker
Batman having to interrogate his enemies in his Batcave would be pretty awesome, since he can't have the police help him.

I would also like to see an emotional journey with Batman. You don't get that in TDK, and you kinda get that in BB, but not so much.

i doubt we will see batman take enemies back to the batcave

Davis Bloome

How exactly is he overrated?

Bat Dude
How exactly is he overrated?

I find him in the same boat as Penguin... Both are quite boring a lot of the time... There are some cases where they can be interesting, but a lot of the time, they just aren't...

He's really not half as interesting as he's made out to be... And that's why I think he's overrated...

lord xyz
Penguin is iconic! After Joker, Two-Face and Catwoman, he's the one everyone immediately thinks.

A super rich mob boss with quirks and abnormalities is now a stereotype. Just having that underworld power is more than enough trouble for someone like Batman. You aren't afraid of him, but you do hate him, and that's great.

Davis Bloome
Not me. After Joker, Two-Face, & Catwoman, I think Riddler, or Bane, not Penguin. The only time the Penguin has ever been interesting to me was in "The Batman".

lord xyz
Not me. After Joker, Two-Face, & Catwoman, I think Riddler, or Bane, not Penguin. The only time the Penguin has ever been interesting to me was in "The Batman". I liked him in TAS. Danny Devito is also really good, but not what I was hoping for.

We're just disgareeing here. You like Riddler, I like Penguin.

BruceSkywalker
Not me. After Joker, Two-Face, & Catwoman, I think Riddler, or Bane, not Penguin. The only time the Penguin has ever been interesting to me was in "The Batman".

I liked him in TAS. Danny Devito is also really good, but not what I was hoping for.

I really don't like either one ,but if both are written very well and hopefully acted well, either will be good

Davis Bloome
I liked him in TAS. Danny Devito is also really good, but not what I was hoping for.

My point was that you were generalizing in saying that after the Joker, Two-Face, & Catwoman that everyone automatically thinks of the Penguin next. I don't, and I know there are other fans out there who don't either.

I'd much rather see someone like Catwoman, Bane, Killer Croc, or the Riddler rather than the Penguin, unless Nolan were to have something extremely epic up his sleeve for the Penguin.

Bat Dude
I don't really understand why some feel we NEED major name villains... This isn't the 90s... Nolan has proven lesser known villains can work wonderfully, so why not experiment?

Unless Two-Face can plausibly return, I must say no to the rotation...

lord xyz
Maybe a compromise.

1 famous villain and 1 lesser known villain.

BruceSkywalker
I don't really understand why some feel we NEED major name villains... This isn't the 90s... Nolan has proven lesser known villains can work wonderfully, so why not experiment?

I would to see Two-Face return.. Maybe also Black Mask.. Clayface won't be in this... Firefly maybe

lord xyz
Davis would probably like this story idea.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2009/01/the-script-for-batman-3accordi.html

BruceSkywalker
Davis would probably like this story idea.

http://blogs.coventrytelegraph.net/thegeekfiles/2009/01/the-script-for-batman-3accordi.html

it says not found sad

Davis Bloome

I haven't seen anyone say Nolan needs to use major name villains, but everyone is merely suggesting the villains they want to see. I happen to want to see the Riddler, Catwoman, or a return from Two-Face. Has nothing to do with whether they're major name villains or not.

Bat Dude
I haven't seen anyone say Nolan needs to use major name villains, but everyone is merely suggesting the villains they want to see. I happen to want to see the Riddler, Catwoman, or a return from Two-Face. Has nothing to do with whether they're major name villains or not.

The press always starts rumors about Riddler, Catwoman, Penguin, etc. It's one thing to merely suggest the character (which is perfectly fine, even if I disagree), but the press never mentions anyone else as even a slight possibility... It's all about the major names, as if the series NEEDS major name villains attached to sell...

Davis Bloome
Yes, but that's the press, hardly anyone gives a crap about what they say, because all their rumors are nonsensical. The general fan doesn't want to see a villain based on him/her having a major name, they want to see them because they like the villain.

lord xyz
A lot of people want Talia.

It'll be quite interesting and cool. Just the addition of her would make me wanna watch it.

BruceSkywalker
A lot of people want Talia.

It'll be quite interesting and cool. Just the addition of her would make me wanna watch it.

Talia would've been best served if she were in Batman Begins..

If she were in a film now, I'm not so sure

Raoul
Talia would've been best served if she were in Batman Begins..

If she were in a film now, I'm not so sure

tend to agree. i doubt nolan wants to revisit the ra's storyline, unless he brings in lazarus pits and the like, which i don't see him doing...

Davis Bloome
Talia would've fit in TDK, but with Nolan, I'm sure he could find a way to fit him into part three if he wanted to. I wouldn't mind seeing her as long as her reason for being in the film makes sense.

lord xyz
You guys are probably right.

People are more into TDK, since it's better and more publically known and well received.

Bascially people wanna know what happened to Gotham after the Joker's parade.

jenzie
but remember people .....the whole LEAGUE OF SHADOWS WANT TO DESTROY GOTHAM storyline is STILL the main one, so the return of RA'S AL GHUL is very relevent ..... and since that goody-goody decided not to help them do their bidding big grin they have to find SOMEONE ELSE .....
http://i243.photobucket.com/albums/ff307/mrjenzie/batman3postera.jpg

but that's not all .....

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by jenzie
but remember people .....the whole LEAGUE OF SHADOWS WANT TO DESTROY GOTHAM storyline is STILL the main one, so the return of RA'S AL GHUL is very relevent ..... and since that goody-goody decided not to help them do their bidding big grin they have to find SOMEONE ELSE .....
Oh hell yes. This would be far better than anything having to do with Riddler and the like.

BruceSkywalker
Batman 3 starts filming next year..

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=8557

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>