Who Likes Revenge of the Sith but not the Prequels as a Whole?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LordPrydon
Just curious....so sound off.

~JP~
Gee heres a questions thats never been asked in this forum before. laughing out loud

queeq
New one, never heard of it.

sweersa
Revenge of the Sith is out now? Wow, when did this happen?

Wanderer11
When did they make the prequels?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Oh... you mean they weren't just elaborate fan videos?

JediRobin23
hmm. The thing is, the eariler movies (Ep I and II) were a prelude to the ultimate Ep III

queeq
Originally posted by Wanderer11
When did they make the prequels?

There are prequels?

Wanderer11
Originally posted by queeq
There are prequels?

I'm confused!

queeq
Join the club.

Wanderer11
Originally posted by queeq
Join the club.

Thanks!!

queeq
Time to learn the secret handshake.

darthbane99
teach me the handshake,no spit shake. And im confused,the prequels are episode 1 2 and then 3,so if your saying i like three the most then yes,as far as the original trilogy goes.

queeq
Huh???

Slash_KMC
You'll learn to understand him in time. It's like learning a new language.

sweersa
Hahaha. Seems so.

queeq
It's gonna take me a while.

Cost Mic.
ROTS was such a cool movie.

coolmovies
whats star wars??

Alan Shore
First three were the best. Phantom Menace and Attack of the clones were meh, but Revenge of the Sith was pretty cool.

queeq
Looks like we'll like you around here.

cc16
What if Lucas did just one prequel movie instead of three? I often wonder how it would have been received if Lucas filmed a 3 1/2 hour prequel to the OT, this would cover most events of ROTS, sprinkled with plot points/flashbacks from Episode I & II.

The movie could start the same way as ROTS with Obiwan and Anakin flying on screen into this huge space battle, come on now how cool would that be for a first shot in a SW movie since 1983?

Then the first hour could be the prelude, with a flashback of finding Anakin, the chosen one, and other plot points discussed by the lead characters about the clones, rise of Palpatine, the jedi council, anakins training, etc.

The next hour and half could be Palpatine seducing Anakin, and then finally the last hour and a half is anarchy as the republic crumbles, the clones turn on the jedi, the jedi get extinguished, and Anakin/Obiwan fight on Mustafar.

All of it was there, but this time the movie has time to breath, not a rush job that ROTS was. Just think of how the SW fanbase would have reacted instead of waiting every 3 years bitching and complaining about wanting to see this and that, it was all there May 19. 1999, case closed, saga over. Enjoy 4 SW movies fans!

Jovan
The entire point is that you had to wait. Between 1999 and 2004 you had a movie so you just had to hit the net to find info and leaked photos etc.
People who saw the OT had to do the same but without internet, they had to wait 16 to see TPM... Why would it hurt you to go through the same?

Although, I do see the advantage of your idea: losing the irrelevant scenes: podracing would be drastically reduced, less lousy love-story ...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
wouldn't that be a bit rushed? what if we only had two movies instead of 3?

cc16
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
wouldn't that be a bit rushed? what if we only had two movies instead of 3?

That's a good point, but Coppola was able to do it with Godfather II, and it turned out to be a classic. Just think of an epic SW movie with a story of how The Empire came to power, while you have flashbacks to how Anakin's turned to Darth Vader.

The flashback scenes could be:

1. Obiwan finding Anakin and noticing his power with the force

2. Obiwan training Anakin and are shown in action as Jedi.

3. Anakin meets Padme, the future mother of Luke and Leia, and begins to fall in love with her.

4. Anakin meets Palpatine and Palpatine begins to steer him towards the dark side.

5. Anakin finds his mother dead, and slaughters the tuskens in his first heiness act.

6. Anakin is shown in full power as a jedi as he kills Count Dooku.

All these flashbacks are shown in the first half of the movie, and then you get to the present time and Anakin turning, and the rest of the movie is all gravy to every SW fan, this time it is an hour and 1/2 instead of 45 minutes left in the movie when Anakin turns in Revenge of the Sith.

Sith Master X
Loved ROTS but I thought the mustafar fight was a little forced.

The battle would have had more symbolism had it taken place in the Jedi temple. Obi-Wan was fighting to save the Jedi while Anakin was trying to destroy them. The Jedi temple therefore should have been the focus of the fight. Just because a toy box said Vader fell into a pool of lava 25 years doesn't mean that had to keep that idea.

Obi-Wan should have never went to Utapau, but should have been more involved in helping Anakin be redeemed until there was no going back. There should have been a lot of tension and strain growing between the two. Lastly, we should have seen alot more of Palpatine teaching Anakin the dark side. Anakin being Palpatine's apprentice wasn't done in a believable manner.

All that aside, I still loved Revenge of the Sith and the prequels. I liked Mustafar, it was cool, but if I was in the director's chair I might have handled Episode 3 a little differently.

darthmaul1
i loved all the episodes and used to like 3 better than 1 but after i met Ray Park i like 1 more now.
Things could of been done a little different but i think we can say the same about the originals too.
ALL the movies have the same formula action, story, action ,story, action, end
1. no or very little jar jar
2.they should of put the scene in with anakin meeting padme's family it would of made the end of 3 that much better
3.Have Boba get age increased in 3 to help anakin storm the temple and disintegrate some jedi.
4. have padme survive for a short while on alderan with leia.
5. should of kept Maul instead of getting dooku and then have anakin kill him in 3.

steverules_2
Why would Anakin meeting padme's parents scene make the ending of 3 better?

darthmaul1
Cause you actually got to see Padme's family and sister and niece.
At the end of 3 you see them but technically you have no idea who they are because you never saw them. only in the deleted scene you saw them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.