swamp thing and tefe vs. the IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Merlyn
ive been reading alot of swamp thing lately, and was wondering how swamp thing and tefe at their peak would do against thanos /w/ IG?

HueyFreeman
no well at all.

Galan007
Per the Word itself, Swamp Thing was on par with THE God at his 'peak'. And Tefe at her 'peak' was able to literally kill the Word (which is an aspect of THE God.) Point being, it's not a lopsided battle at all, imo.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Galan007
Per the Word itself, Swamp Thing was on par with THE God at his 'peak'. And Tefe at her 'peak' was able to literally kill the Word (which is an aspect of THE God.) Point being, it's not a lopsided battle at all, imo. I dont really count the tefe thing considering that defeat was very close to the drax killing thanos battle. More of a "that just happened to be his weakness, not she was more powerful than him." Nothing Swamp thing did struck me as universal, even when he became the representative of all the elements, he only represented one planet to the the parliament of worlds but I could be wrong, been a while since I've read swamp thing.

guy222
team

occultdestroyer
Swamp Thing at his peak is equal to an aspect of The Presence.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
Swamp Thing at his peak is equal to an aspect of The Presence. I really dont put any stock in that anymore, everybody and their mother is an aspect of the presence, source, ultimate being etc..

Galan007
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I dont really count the tefe thing considering that defeat was very close to the drax killing thanos battle. More of a "that just happened to be his weakness, not she was more powerful than him." Nothing Swamp thing did struck me as universal, even when he became the representative of all the elements, he only represented one planet to the the parliament of worlds but I could be wrong, been a while since I've read swamp thing. By assuming a form that could not only replicate the voice of THE God, but could also counteract it, Tefe was able to negate the Word's very existence. That is one of the most uber 'adapt on the fly' traits I have ever seen... And she said it was fairly easy, to boot. *shrugs*

---

As for ST's power once he united with all the elements..

"Earth, Air, Fire, and Water... The whole of creation, he said, is made of these elements":

http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/galan007_pics/elements1.jpg

So... There you go.

Enyalus

"Earth, Air, Fire, and Water... The whole of creation, he said, is made of these elements":

So... There you go.

He's an ugly ****er, ain't he? The scan is prior to him becoming Swamp God, wasn't it?

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
He's an ugly ****er, ain't he? The scan is prior to him becoming Swamp God, wasn't it? After, iirc.

Enyalus
After, iirc.
When does he turn into the badass that is your avatar?

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
When does he turn into the badass that is your avatar? During the 'Trial by Fire' arc, which is near the end of v2.

HueyFreeman
By assuming a form that could not only replicate the voice of THE God, but could also counteract it, Tefe was able to negate the Word's very existence. That is one of the most uber 'adapt on the fly' traits I have ever seen... And she said it was fairly easy, to boot. *shrugs*

---

So... There you go.

For the tefe thing. Wasn't she being trained by one of the parliaments to fight the word?

As for the whole" Elements = to the whole of creation" It reminds me of A similar saying in the darkness series. According to that series the Darkness is considered one of the two primal forces that make up the universe. Even though though thats one of the big staples of the series, I really couldn't see myself arguing that makes the main character universal even though hes definitely planetary. I kinda see swamp thing through the same light though I can definitely see the validity of your arguement.

Galan007
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
As for the whole" Elements = to the whole of creation" It reminds me of A similar saying in the darkness series. According to that series the Darkness is considered one of the two primal forces that make up the universe. Even though though thats one of the big staples of the series, I really couldn't see myself arguing that makes the main character universal even though hes definitely planetary. I kinda see swamp thing through the same light though I can definitely see the validity of your arguement. Well, on top of the scan I posted, there's also multiple accounts where the Word itself spoke of Swamp Thing having the potential to literally replace THE God upon uniting with the other elements. There just doesn't seem to be a reason to doubt any of these claims, imo.

xJLxKing
What makes ST so powerful? He is one ugly motherfu%#$#

Enyalus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Galan has a great respect thread on him which addresses that question.

xJLxKing
Thanks Enyalus

kevdude
Originally posted by xJLxKing

A very powerful Elemental, the stuff everything is made out of. They 'secretly' planned for billions of years to try to replace God and after so long The Voice had enough had sent The Word to destroy the Parliements of Earth, which happened leaving only the Parliements of Worlds and Flames. Swamp God and Tefe or just one of them would take it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.