Superman losing to Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SuperkatmanX
I dont know how much times supes has lost to batman.., but im referring to the time when Batman uses the mechanical suit and also has the help of the Green Arrow.

Was this scenario believable? or should it of never been written.

and if they were to battle it out again, could Batman pull off a second time?

jalek moye
Everytime Batman beats superman in canon stories its because superman holds back in order to not kill him. And batman knows this

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by jalek moye
Everytime Batman beats superman in canon stories its because superman holds back in order to not kill him. And batman knows this

So its just all part of his plan hey..
I still think its unbelievable.

Avlon
Originally posted by SuperkatmanX
I dont know how much times supes has lost to batman.., but im referring to the time when Batman uses the mechanical suit and also has the help of the Green Arrow.

As far as I remember, Bats has far more losses to a Supes that's holding back...especially recently.

Badabing
Everytime Batman beats superman in canon stories its because superman holds back in order to not kill him. And batman knows this I could post scans of Bats counting on Supes holding back.

But for real, one batkick and Supes DIES!!!!!!111

badawe

Scythe

I think the part you're thinking about is toward the end of The Dark Knight Returns. He anticipated the attack, and had to lose to go underground.

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by Scythe
I think the part you're thinking about is toward the end of The Dark Knight Returns. He anticipated the attack, and had to lose to go underground.

alright i remember now, right at the end Clark hears Bruces heart start up again..

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Badabing
I could post scans of Bats counting on Supes holding back.

But for real, one batkick and Supes DIES!!!!!!111

badawe

plz post them kind sir big grin

SuperkatmanX

Does Batman even know his place in the Superhero world..
He's one person that shouldnt ark up at anyone.
Is he the only one without superhuman abilities?

Placidity
Kitty or Wanda.

Raoul
Does Batman even know his place in the Superhero world..
He's one person that shouldnt ark up at anyone.
Is he the only one without superhuman abilities?

no. he isn't even the only member of the justice leaue without powers.

Originally posted by Placidity
Kitty or Wanda.

wut?

Placidity
Originally posted by Raoul

wut?

Oh rofl. That's where my post went...

Was meant to be in the "which xman would you marry" topic.

Raoul
Originally posted by Placidity
Oh rofl. That's where my post went...

Was meant to be in the "which xman would you marry" topic.

ah.

Mindship
"You know what I got sick of, Bruce? You kicking the crap out of me with your toys. When you're nothing but a man. A man who got to stay alive only because I let you."

--Superman's possible future self, in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies

StiltmanFTW
I remember that issue stick out tongue Good one.

Quincy
Superman is a pansy foreigner.

Root for the home team - Go Batman.

jalek moye
Originally posted by Mindship
"You know what I got sick of, Bruce? You kicking the crap out of me with your toys. When you're nothing but a man. A man who got to stay alive only because I let you."

--Superman's possible future self, in Superman/Batman: Public Enemies
thats exactly why he survived all of those situations, he even states one of the time that superman could kill him before he even got to use anything.

Robtard
Bunch of ridiculous fools, no one can beat Batman with prep, not even death. /endfact.

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by Robtard
Bunch of ridiculous fools, no one can beat Batman with prep, not even death. /endfact.

i could

Endless Mike
It should be mentioned that DKR is not canon

SuperkatmanX
can someone explain to me what the difference between canon and uncanon is.

Robtard
Canon is an accepted principle or rule, basically a truth. eg Superman is an alien from Krypton.

Uncanon isn't really a word, but something written that doesn't follow or goes against the principles and rules, eg Superman getting his powers from his cape.

SuperkatmanX
Canon is an accepted principle or rule, basically a truth. eg Superman is an alien from Krypton.

Uncanon isn't really a word, but something written that doesn't follow or goes against the principles and rules, eg Superman getting his powers from his cape.

What would be and example of an uncanon story..

jalek moye
What would be and example of an uncanon story..
The dark knight Returns

Badabing
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
plz post them kind sir big grin
These are from the Hush arc. Supes in under Ivy's control and Bats has the k-nite ring. The dialogue explains everything.

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/DC/th_Untitled-Scanned-03.jpghttp://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j241/Badabing_2006/DC/th_Untitled-Scanned-04.jpg

jalek moye
yup All Batmans plans for taking down superman all revolve aroud the fact that Supes could never bring himself to kill him or turn him into a vegetable

Endless Mike
Canon is part of the official storyline, non-canon are things that don't count, like Elseworlds, most Pre-Crisis stories, etc.

Badabing
yup All Batmans plans for taking down superman all revolve aroud the fact that Supes could never bring himself to kill him or turn him into a vegetable Yep. Even while mind controlled, Supes is still a boyscout. Bats calls it a weakness too. lol

jalek moye
he's just talking shit, he knows he wouldnt have him any other way

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Canon is part of the official storyline, non-canon are things that don't count, like Elseworlds, most Pre-Crisis stories, etc.

So is it just fan based to decide what is canon and what is not?

Why is pre-crisis uncanon. pre-crisis superman Rulz

SuperkatmanX
And whats with bats and supes do they hate each other or something?

jalek moye
no they are best friends

Wei Phoenix

Shows how much you know about Superman.

SuperkatmanX
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Shows how much you know about Superman.

I'm learning man.

Endless Mike
No it's the official DC canon policy. Elseworlds takes place in alternate universes that are not the main characters. Pre-Crisis stories were (for the most part) written out of continuity.

Mindset
So is it just fan based to decide what is canon and what is not?
No

Endless Mike
no they are best friends

Not that they don't have their disagreements.

jalek moye
Not that they don't have their disagreements.
all best friends do. but they are pretty much some of the closest of people

Robtard
FFS, the way you **** are talking about Bats and Supes, you're going to make Robin jealous. Stop, immediately.

Endless Mike
Yeah but sometimes you get lines like "the last time you inspired anyone was when you were dead"

jalek moye
Yeah but sometimes you get lines like "the last time you inspired anyone was when you were dead"
thats because batman is a dick. and wants him to do more

super pr*xy
superman can't even sneeze directly in front of batman, ffs. batman is just stradling that line between insanity and genius. most of the time, his insanity coupled up with his genius is what makes him pwn superman. but even if superman is under some kind of mind control, he still has some degree of control over his own body.. this is why bruce keeps talking to him in those situations. and it's what keeping kal from killing bruce and everybody else...

SuperkatmanX
FFS, the way you **** are talking about Bats and Supes, you're going to make Robin jealous. Stop, immediately.

So yea where is robin amongst all this. I dont know wether i dreamt this or if im crazy, but was there any time where robin was a girl?

Endless Mike
You might be thinking of Spoiler

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spoiler_(comics)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.