Is Batman a Good Hero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BruceSkywalker
Simple question?

Thoughts? Opinions?

Placidity
What do you mean by "Good"?

Edit: He does kick ass, if thats what you mean.

Quincy
Of course he is. He's Batman.

StiltmanFTW
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/5203/1232823250239ep6.th.jpg

Kazenji
Well he is a vigilante like the Punisher except for the killing of people.

Dr Will Hatch
The only thing not to like about Batman is his naive trust in authority. If he were an anarchist, I would love him so much more.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Kazenji
Well he is a vigilante like the Punisher except for the killing of people.

I always found it odd that Batman exists because doesn't trust the authorities to apprehend the criminals, and then he hand over the criminals to the GPD once he catches them. He doesn't trust the police to catch the criminals but he trusts them to keep them in custody? Doesn't make much sense. You'd think Batman would be aware of GPD's horrible track record of keeping criminals in bars.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Placidity
What do you mean by "Good"?

Edit: He does kick ass, if thats what you mean.

not just kick ass, but good in general...

Soljer
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
not just kick ass, but good in general...

"Good" is extremely vague. You'll have to be much more descriptive if you want any reasonable answers.

Original Smurph
he duz the hero thing prety goodd

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Soljer
"Good" is extremely vague. You'll have to be much more descriptive if you want any reasonable answers.

how is it that one man like batman who only used a gun once(don't quote me on that), who is a master martial artist and uber supreme detective, yet despite all that crime is still rampant in Gotham City..

Is Batman a true hero, is he good hero in every sense of the word?

utsav
yea, definetly he is a fantastic hero i loved his bike and car it's amazing only a superhero can have bikes and car like that.

Kovacs86
how is it that one man like batman who only used a gun once(don't quote me on that), who is a master martial artist and uber supreme detective, yet despite all that crime is still rampant in Gotham City..

Is Batman a true hero, is he good hero in every sense of the word?

So... you mean... "is he good at what he does", rather than "are his actions morally acceptable"?

Badabing
Simple question?

Thoughts? Opinions? Batman is a good hero.

Bat Dude
I think Batman does what he believes is right, and keeps order his own way...

But by no means is he a law-abiding citizen...

He gets the job done, but he's not exactly the type of guy who'd make a great role model, you know? That's Superman's job...

lord xyz
See the end to the Dark Knight.

There's your answer.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Kovacs86
So... you mean... "is he good at what he does", rather than "are his actions morally acceptable"?

yes to both

Originally posted by lord xyz
See the end to the Dark Knight.

There's your answer.

I do every other day big grin

Scythe
Sales figures point to yes.

Kovacs86
yes to both

Then he is definitely an effective hero, and, to be honest, the word 'hero' pretty much tells you that morally, he's good. I'm personally not sure how justifiable the actions of Batman would be in real-life, and he'd definitely be a criminal... tough one. In that he does what he does with the best intention, it doesn't make him a bad person, though whether that's his own... misconceptions or a wrong ideology... hmmm... interesting...

I do every other day big grin

I actually don't know if you're joking...

Strange...

If a chin-stroke emoticon existed, I'd be using it right now...

Badabing
If a chin-stroke emoticon existed, I'd be using it right now... hmm mmm?

BruceSkywalker
Then he is definitely an effective hero, and, to be honest, the word 'hero' pretty much tells you that morally, he's good. I'm personally not sure how justifiable the actions of Batman would be in real-life, and he'd definitely be a criminal... tough one. In that he does what he does with the best intention, it doesn't make him a bad person, though whether that's his own... misconceptions or a wrong ideology... hmmm... interesting...

I actually don't know if you're joking...

Strange...

If a chin-stroke emoticon existed, I'd be using it right now...

I'm not, I watch TDK every other day, in fact on saturday I am thinking of watching the originals first followed by Batman Begins and then The Dark Knight

Kovacs86
Originally posted by Badabing
hmm mmm?

OK... so if I could be bothered to find an appropriate chin stroking emote, I'd have used one. Must remember those exist...

SuperkatmanX
For a man to be able to figure out away to beat superman is good in my opinion. Maybe a bit less good and a bit more great.!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.