God Swamp Thing vs. Thanos w/IG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endless Mike
How this goes?

Enyalus
Thanos FTW.

Because I'm a Marvel fanboy, a Thanos fanboy, and very biased towards any thread with Thanos in it.

smile

xJLxKing
Swamp G

Harbinger
Swamp Thing

Galan007
ST.

guysangel
Swamp Thing

shokosugi
ST

Slaanesh
Thanos

tjcoady
Swamp Thing, with ease.

Mr Master
Thanos FTW!

TricksterPriest
The fact is that the Word not only said Swampie was more powerful than him, he actually flat out said that Alec Holland was capable of replacing GOD.

Thanos has nothing on that aside from one claim that the IG makes you god. But we both know there are higher powers. On the other hand, the Word is the elder brother of the Spectre. And has been directly identified as the Logos and equivalent to the Spectre.

Mr Master
Originally posted by TricksterPriest

The fact is that the Word not only said Swampie was more powerful than him, he actually flat out said that Alec Holland was capable of replacing GOD.
And the IG made Thanos and Warlock GOD!

Not just in capability, but in actuality.

Unless you're talking about the Presence,
in which case I'm not bying that,
unless this Presence isn't truly a supreme being.

Thanos has nothing on that aside from one claim that the IG makes you god. But we both know there are higher powers.
"one claim?"

That's false ... and a nasty fallacy at that
considering I personally just posted the several references concerning the IG,
even from the freakin Writer himself (Starlin) in an interview no less.

On the other hand, the Word is the elder brother of the Spectre. And has been directly identified as the Logos and equivalent to the Spectre.
And?

The same magician amped Spectre that couldn't handle AM
even though he was backed by God?

Or are you referring to the Spectre (backed by his boss) obviously the Presence,
that got stomped by Mxy with a planet over his head?

Perhaps this is the Spectre that got handled like a canary by emperor Joker?

Or the Black Alice incident? erm

ST being more powerful than the Word means nothing to me,
and the Word being the Spectre's equal means even less,
especially when there are sevaral beings that have made a b*tch out of Spectre,
while no one has ever defeated a properly wielded IG,
heck, it even took a stipulation to defeat Nebula who was mentally damaged.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Mr Master

"one claim?"

And?

Or are you referring to the Spectre (backed by his boss) obviously the Presence,

Yea i can't see The Spectre as actually being very powerful. According to Mxy batmite has killed him multiple times and batmite is 1% of mxy's powers. Thanos with IG just about took over the entire marvel omniverse thing. DC makes their characters showings too varied for my liking. The DC guys just don't seem to be all that strong usually. Well unless it's superman, in which case he's as strong and empowered as the situation calls for.

kevdude
Swamp God takes it

The Nuul
IG with ease.

Thanos stops time or BFR ST.

starlock
What feats does the Swamp thing/god have?

Galan007
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
batmite is 1% of mxy's powers. Would like to know where this number came from? I have read damn near everything 'Imp-related' and I have never seen that stated anywhere.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
Would like to know where this number came from? I have read damn near everything 'Imp-related' and I have never seen that stated anywhere.
Duh, its in his Wiki.

The Nuul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Duh, its in his Wiki.

Thats not a good source of info.

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Nuul
Thats not a good source of info.
I don't believe you. Most of the time I can't be bothered to read or buy comics, so that's where I get like 90% of my info from. Wiki's a good source.

The Nuul
I don't believe you. Most of the time I can't be bothered to read or buy comics, so that's where I get like 90% of my info from. Wiki's a good source.

I dont care if you do or dont, nearly everyone else knows its a bad soruce of info.

Enyalus
I dont care if you do or dont, nearly everyone else knows its a bad soruce of info.
Dude even the mods use it. You think Raoul has a thousand Superman comics and everything Cyclopes has been in? Hell no. He Wikis it.

Galan knows what I'm talking about. According to Wiki, Batmite's 1% of Mxy's power. And Batmite has bitched Spectre. So Thanos beats Swamp God.

Perfectly reasonable logic from a perfectly reasonable source. Wiki don't lie. I've edited three articles on there myself.

The Nuul
Dude even the mods use it. You think Raoul has a thousand Superman comics and everything Cyclopes has been in? Hell no. He Wikis it.

Galan knows what I'm talking about. According to Wiki, Batmite's 1% of Mxy's power. And Batmite has bitched Spectre. So Thanos beats Swamp God.

Perfectly reasonable logic from a perfectly reasonable source. Wiki don't lie. I've edited three articles on there myself.

http://news.scotsman.com/education/Falling-exam--passes-blamed.4209408.jp

http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives/our_kids_are_failing_-_and_its_wikipedias_fault.php

A disclaimer on Wikipedia states "it is important to note that fledgling, or less well monitored, articles may be susceptible to vandalism and insertion of false information".

Anyways, I am done with you.

Unnatural-POWER
Originally posted by Enyalus Dude even the mods use it. You think Raoul has a thousand Superman comics and everything Cyclopes has been in? Hell no. He Wikis it.

And this was from Wiki apparently...

Powers: Superman Prime is one the most powerful being that have ever existed. His power is so vast that it could exceed even powerful multiversal entities like Anti-Monitor. Outside of non-corporal cosmic entities who are not limited to singular form entities and are all powerful for example the Presence, he is arguably the strongest being in the DC multiverse. He has acquired countless powers and abilities from his travels and lineage that allow him to do anything he wishes, they range from teleportation to magic manipulation. He can manipulate time, space, matter, and bend reality on any scale he wishes, be it on a Universal or Multiversal scale.

Someone added this themselves based on a few showings. In
those showings, some of these powers weren't even shown, so
where was this information derived from?

<3 Wiki as a source.

starlock
Ok...after reading the Swamp Thing respect thread(awesome BTW Galan)...and my own knowledge of him..i was a big follower back in the day....

Thanos IG for the win...

Understanding the context of what he was and what he could have been...i just dont see it....but i do understand where the Swamp Thing supporters are coming from.

kgkg
laughing out loud Some people have hard time with sarcasm.

Endless Mike
If you ask me wikipedia is a reliable source as long as you check the edit history to make sure nobody recently changed the page to say something wrong

Astner
Wikipedia is a reliable source if it has reliable sources. At the bottom of the page you can find the sources of information.

As for DC bigots committing the fallacy begging the question--or circular reasoning.

Spectre striped Mxyzptlk of his power, therefore Spectre is greater than Mxyzpltk who destroyed the multiverse. Therefore Spectre wins.

In the next topic: Mxyzptlk knocked out the Spectre, Spectre is an aspect of the Presence. Therefore Mxyzptlk wins.

These kind of post reek of hypocrisy.

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
laughing out loud Some people have hard time with sarcasm.
At least you got it. Thank goddess for that.

KuRuPT Thanosi
At least you got it. Thank goddess for that.

That guy is a tool if he thought you were serious.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Astner
Wikipedia is a reliable source if it has reliable sources. At the bottom of the page you can find the sources of information.

As for DC bigots committing the fallacy begging the question--or circular reasoning.

Spectre striped Mxyzptlk of his power, therefore Spectre is greater than Mxyzpltk who destroyed the multiverse. Therefore Spectre wins.

In the next topic: Mxyzptlk knocked out the Spectre, Spectre is an aspect of the Presence. Therefore Mxyzptlk wins.

These kind of post reek of hypocrisy.

how did thanos vs sg turn into a mxy vs spectre convo ? :-P

Enyalus
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
That guy is a tool if he thought you were serious.
Some people are so eager to win an argument they deem easy they'll jump at anything.

tjcoady
Actually, I'm not basing my "Swamp Thing" wins statement on logic at all.

Swamp Thing is just way, way more awesome than Thanos is.

Galan007
^ And that's all that really matters. thumb up

Mindset
Some people are so eager to win an argument they deem easy they'll jump at anything. Nuul is immune to sarcasm.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
Nuul is immune to sarcasm.
I don't hold it against him. He's Canadian. That's enough to deal with.

D_Dude1210
LOL at Enyalus and his succesful trolling. ;P

Can't believe ppl fell for that...!

Enyalus
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
LOL at Enyalus and his succesful trolling. ;P
Yeesh, don't call it that. Bada's already looking for reasons to ban me.

Thing is, right now he can't, 'cause I own a full scale model of the 1989 Batman movie Batmobile and he must respect how cool that is. Also, Batman is god. WOR-SHIP HIM!!

TricksterPriest
You know, I started that gag, but I bet you 5$ almost nobody on the forum knows where that reference originated. whistle

Enyalus
You know, I started that gag, but I bet you 5$ almost nobody on the forum knows where that reference originated. whistle
From your lust for that particular male anime character...?

Mindset
I bet you $5 no one cares.

OneDumbG0
even though he was backed by God?He was amped by the gathered magicians on-panel. It's an unsupported speculative myth that he was amped by the Presence during Crisis on Infinite Earths.

TricksterPriest
From your lust for that particular male anime character...?

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenTheGuysWantHim

# Dio Frickin' Brando. His insane level of charisma gets a lot of people to serve him, female and male alike. Joseph even mentions that this makes him very dangerous, as his minions are extremely loyal.

* Some of his followers want him that way too. Yep, much like Bridget, Dio can make you gay. NO EXCEPTIONS.

And no. It has no relation to Dio. It's the quote of the great enemies of the most feared man in existence.

Mekrob
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvenTheGuysWantHim

# Dio Frickin' Brando. His insane level of charisma gets a lot of people to serve him, female and male alike. Joseph even mentions that this makes him very dangerous, as his minions are extremely loyal.

* Some of his followers want him that way too. Yep, much like Bridget, Dio can make you gay. NO EXCEPTIONS.

And no. It has no relation to Dio. It's the quote of the great enemies of the most feared man in existence. crylaugh

Mindset
Wow, just...wow

Philosophía
Lulz.

The Illuminati

"one claim?"

And?

wink

Very well stated, and backed up too. THANOS w/IG is on a so much higher plane than that of ST/Spectre/Word...etc. It's truly a stomp.

You DC fans wont like to admit it but, reread Mr. Master's post and you'll have to sanely shake your head up and down and agree.

Good work Mr. Master

wink

kevdude
Originally posted by The Illuminati
wink

Very well stated, and backed up too. THANOS w/IG is on a so much higher plane than that of ST/Spectre/Word...etc. It's truly a stomp.

You DC fans wont like to admit it but, reread Mr. Master's post and you'll have to sanely shake your head up and down and agree.

Good work Mr. Master

wink

Do you even know what ST is?? Or even The Word??? laughing out loud

Enyalus

Does he make you gay, Trick?

And no. It has no relation to Dio. It's the quote of the great enemies of the most feared man in existence.
Oh. You must mean Thanos Darkseid?

shiv
Swamp Thing ftw.

Btw The Spectre has been expressed as a soul tied to God with duties and powers obtained from God and managed by God. The Spectre has also been presented as God's Dark-side

Spectre's power varies. When doing God's Work probably in Relation to How Angry God is.
There are no Apparent restrictions On What he can do. But When off duty The Spectre appears to have restrictions on intervention in God's Creation. There are times When Spectre's gone against himself + Heaven and intervened Against The Word To save Life on a Vast Cosmic scale. At these Times The Spectre is Vulnerable to a troll from Mxy /Darkseid-prepped -with ALE or ambush from Morningstar and Michael etc

Souls Tied to The spectre can have an influence on The Spectre's Power Example; Angsty Hal Jordan That version of Spectre was ... sad

The Nuul
How is ST going to stop Thanos from using time manip or any of those crazy ass powers?

Galan007
This:Originally posted by OneDumbG0
He was amped by the gathered magicians on-panel. It's an unsupported speculative myth that he was amped by the Presence during Crisis on Infinite Earths. thumb up

Perhaps this is the Spectre that got handled like a canary by emperor Joker?lulz. As if losing to Mxy is any type of low showing. laughing out loud

Oh, and Spectre saying "sorry boss, I failed" simply isn't enough to say he was 'backed by the Presence'. Sorry, but Mxy isn't that powerful.

Or the Black Alice incident? erm No different than the Protege/LT incident, really.

How is ST going to stop Thanos from using time manip or any of those crazy ass powers? By being WAY cooler. Duh! ermm

TricksterPriest

Does he make you gay, Trick?

Oh. You must mean Thanos Darkseid?

Nope, this guy.http://thegrumpyowl.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/doctor_who___david_tennant_by_jennicat5.jpg

The Illuminati
Originally posted by kevdude
Do you even know what ST is?? Or even The Word??? laughing out loud

Huh... yeah! I'm not uno-knowledgeable like yourself. I actual collect and read both parties.

wink

Galan007
I don't know if I'd want to go to a party ST was hosting. ermm

Enyalus
I don't know if I'd want to go to a party ST was hosting. ermm
A party hosted by Quanchi Thanos would be even worse.

Galan007
True. At least ST's party would be more..... Lively. none

Enyalus
True. At least ST's party would be more..... Lively. none
*hits the snare drum*

Galan007
Heh! You got it!?

Enyalus
Heh! You got it!?

You're better than Letterman.

I wish Jay didn't go away. sad

Galan007
I'd rather watch Joaquin Phoenix host, than Letts. thumb down

Enyalus
I'd rather watch Joaquin Phoenix host, than Letts. thumb down
laughing out loud Amen to that.

kevdude
Originally posted by The Illuminati
Huh... yeah! I'm not uno-knowledgeable like yourself. I actual collect and read both parties.

wink

By your last few posts in this thread I doubt that very much. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112

Perfectly reasonable logic from a perfectly reasonable source. Wiki don't lie. I've edited three articles on there myself. laughing out loud

HueyFreeman
I don't know if I'd want to go to a party ST was hosting. ermm Why not? Weed would be growing everywhere. Remember constantines 40th birthday.

theICONiac
I don't hold it against him. He's Canadian. That's enough to deal with.

Fah Q Enyalus...

Who won the only war ever between the 2 of us??? evil face

Enyalus
Originally posted by theICONiac
Who won the only war ever between the 2 of us??? evil face
Very true. Most people (at least in America) don't know that we've lost a war ....but you Canadians...

Heh. smile

theICONiac
Very true. Most people (at least in America) don't know that we've lost a war ....but you Canadians...

Heh. smile

Points for admitting the loss smile

And just to make it seem like I'm not hijacking this thread if Thanos/IG (Canada) fought Swamp Thing/God (USA) Thanos would open a can of whup-ass big grin

The Illuminati
Originally posted by kevdude
By your last few posts in this thread I doubt that very much. roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

When you start stringing more than just continual consonants together in your posts about the superiority of DC characters let me know.

wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.