Ike [fire Emblem] vs Altair [Assassin's Creed]

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScreamPaste
Ike's crusading in the holy land, cause he's like that, and Altair McStabs .. some minor character, and runs off. They're in Jerusalem, and Altair knew Ike was coming.

Gumachi
What is all Ike can do? Will the Hidden Blade be useful?

ScreamPaste
Ike's a par super human, probably about class 15 who's a master with a sword, apparently. Trained from youth, and carries a sword blessed by the godess of his universe that is capable of piercing previously impenetrable armour. That's really it.

Gumachi
If he is a superhuman, then he may have advantage over Altair, since he is a human.

XanatosForever
Do we have any durability feats for Ike?

ScreamPaste
None to suggest he's beyond being hurt by Altair, to my knowledge, but the reason I set it up the way I did is so that Ike will be watching for Altair now, a stabbing-en-passent won't happen now.

I thoguht this would be interestign to debate because it's essentially mastery of combat vs mastery of the environment and sneaky/craftiness.

Shaggs
Altair blocks, then grabs Ike, throws him into the wall, and finishes him off with a running assassination.

ScreamPaste
i1yLmNSP_L0

1:00-1:20

Altair's not blocking shit, he's gotta use guerilla warfare, like I said, Ike wins straight combat, but Altair's smart.

First_Tsurugi06
Ike in a semi-stomp. IMHO, I think Altair is being too overrated for what he is at best: an olympic level human who's biggest challenge regularly is maybe four to six generic human medieval guards, anymore of which he would have to run away from by canon standards. One-on-One, he's got no chance against anyone of even a marginal superhuman level (i.e. Solid Snake, Hayabusa, Jack Cayman, etc.). The only thing in particular that holds Ike back is the genre of the game he's in. One brief cutscene has him fighting with better feats than anything Altair could do in gameplay possibly short of Leap of Faith, which won't win him this fight. At all.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Shaggs
Altair blocks, then grabs Ike, throws him into the wall, and finishes him off with a running assassination.

You're looking way too much basic gameplay to its lowest degree; Altair won't have so much as a chance to block a strike from someone with visibly greater strength, agility, and experience when all he's killed with any canon success are unaware people and a few run-of-the-mill guards.

Shaggs
Fine,

1.) Altair uses his superior speed to just run ahead of Ike. From a distance, he uses his throwing knives to take him out. In canon his knives are shown to pierce Templar armor.

2.) Altair runs and hides, waiting for Ike to come searching for him. Once he is successfully behind Ike, he uses a running assassination and jumps him before he can react.

3.) Altair uses his advanced free running and climbs a tall building, (a.) uses throwing knives to his advantage, or (b.) simply pushes him off when he gets to the top.

4.) As soon as Ike swings, Altair uses a rolling dodge, and uses his hidden blade from behind.

5.) Overly bad-ass crossbow.

That's all I can think of, so I basically just used most of my ammo. XD

First_Tsurugi06
That's just the thing, Altair's speed is not only NOT superior, but each of those scenarios put Ike, who unlike Altair has CANONICALLY taken armies, with strength enough to wield swords probably heftier than anything on Altair with one hand, and is only ever seen as slow in SSBB, as an immobile stump. Anything someone in Altair's league has to throw at him has nothing on so much as his superior agility based on brief cutscenes.

Not to mention that crossbow never even made it to the final game. Don't compare Ike, an obviously more powerful character, with the likes of oblivious guards that are actually subject to such means of kill. Anyone in Ike's league and above would see someone in Altair's league coming from a mile away based on facts that he's blatantly more battle hardened, takes more with one weapon than Altair is with four to five, and is from a series on a just plain higher scale of power than AC. I'll be impressed if Altair would ever so much as come across anyone capable of pulling off Aether. Altair is hindered by his realism, Ike is as well to a point, but much less so.

Wei Phoenix

A human can't block a swing from someone as strong as Ike. Dude wields a two handed sword with one hand effortlessly. He'll lose whatever he is blocking with.

Fine,

1.) Altair uses his superior speed to just run ahead of Ike. From a distance, he uses his throwing knives to take him out. In canon his knives are shown to pierce Templar armor.

2.) Altair runs and hides, waiting for Ike to come searching for him. Once he is successfully behind Ike, he uses a running assassination and jumps him before he can react.

3.) Altair uses his advanced free running and climbs a tall building, (a.) uses throwing knives to his advantage, or (b.) simply pushes him off when he gets to the top.

4.) As soon as Ike swings, Altair uses a rolling dodge, and uses his hidden blade from behind.

5.) Overly bad-ass crossbow.

That's all I can think of, so I basically just used most of my ammo. XD

No he is not faster than Ike. He can't one shot him either. Ike fights goddesses, dragons and all kinds of Laguz. He defeated The Black Knight who was the greatest swordsman in the land, he defeated the king of drgons. One Aether is all it takes, well it actually takes less than that to beat the assassin.

Shaggs
Actually, Altair is faster canonically. I know you are going to "say" that Ike is faster, but fail to show proof, so I am done with this discussion.

Wei Phoenix
Actually, Altair is faster canonically. I know you are going to "say" that Ike is faster, but fail to show proof, so I am done with this discussion.

Nice debating tactics laughing . Can you show us something on how he is faster?

Ike's speed feats include fighting The Black Knight/General Zelgius who was as fast as he is powerful, defeated many beast laguz who are basically cats and come with cat like reflexes so what has the assassin fought that compares to reflexes of a cat? He has also fought armies of birds including the raven and hawk tribes who are faster than the beast laguz.

You basically said "No Altair is canonically faster FACT, you have no proof so I'm leaving!" Well I gave you your proof on how Ike is faster. You are basically debating against a character you know nothing about. Ike isn't an idiot so your scenarios won't work. He will not chase a fleeing enemy. If He goes on higher ground then Ike simply shoots him with his sword. Altair loses unless you can show me some feats that puts him above Ike, a man who kills dragons, goddesses and all other sorts of beasts. Its ok to concede when you are wrong my friend.

XanatosForever
I think this comes down to a matter of Ike's combat experience versus Altair's tactical knolwedge. Altair knows Jerusalem much better than Ike does, and he's a master of blending in with the crowd. Ike may be aware that Altair is nearby, but with the bustling streets of the holy city, he could have some trouble keeping an eye out for Altair.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
One-on-One, he's got no chance against anyone of even a marginal superhuman level (i.e. Solid Snake, Hayabusa, Jack Cayman, etc) Hayabusa is marginally superhuman? For shame.

XanatosForever
Another thing that I think is being underestimated for Altair is his profession. He is an assassin, first and foremost, and his game is centered around the true actions of assassins, one of most important being intel gathering. Altair learns as much as he can of his target and seeks out the best scenario from which to strike. Even if the killing of one Ike's men would alert them to them presence of an assassin, Altair would know better than to make another attempt until the opportune moment.

I figure this will come down to how quickly Altair can gather his intel and be prepared to strike. If he's in position, Ike is done for, but even the littlest slip, and Altair gets destroyed.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by XanatosForever
Another thing that I think is being underestimated for Altair is his profession. He is an assassin, first and foremost, and his game is centered around the true actions of assassins, one of most important being intel gathering. Altair learns as much as he can of his target and seeks out the best scenario from which to strike. Even if the killing of one Ike's men would alert them to them presence of an assassin, Altair would know better than to make another attempt until the opportune moment.

I figure this will come down to how quickly Altair can gather his intel and be prepared to strike. If he's in position, Ike is done for, but even the littlest slip, and Altair gets destroyed.

Not really, the fact that one of his friends were killed already will tell him its an assassin unless Altair brutally did it. Ike's senses will be more aware and he'll act accordingly. Like I said Altair can't one shot Ike due to reflexes and skill. If he does hit him then Ike kills him or Aethers him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.