Monarch V.S. Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

xJLxKing
okay two different senarios
1- Monarch vs Thor(Classic) with Destroyer Armor
2- Monarch vs Current Thor

Enyalus
Thor in both. He's going to be able to bash/rip/blast open Monarch's armor, and can absorb the resulting blast with Mjolnir....

manx422
Monarch in Both

Philosophía
Monarch, easily.

quanchi112
1.Thor

2.Monarch

Galan007
Monarch in both.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Galan007
Monarch in both. How is the Monarch going to beat Thor in the destroyer armor?

Slaanesh
Originally posted by quanchi112
How is the Monarch going to beat Thor in the destroyer armor?

the same way u think Thanos beat him maybe...

anyway..Destroyer win..Thor lose..

quanchi112
Originally posted by Slaanesh
the same way u think Thanos beat him maybe...

anyway..Destroyer win..Thor lose.. I don't think the Monarch is powerful enough to beat the destroyer. Only if his armor is breached anyways imo.

Galan007
How is the Monarch going to beat Thor in the destroyer armor? With so many options, the question isn't how Monarch will win - it's how won't he win. smile

quanchi112
With so many options, the question isn't how Monarch will win - it's how won't he win. smile Give me two options how he wins before Destroyer kills him.

Enyalus
With so many options, the question isn't how Monarch will win - it's how won't he win. smile
Ya gotta keep this avy and sig setup for a while. It suits you.

...Oh, and I disagree.

Galan007
Originally posted by Enyalus
Ya gotta keep this avy and sig setup for a while. It suits you.

...Oh, and I disagree. I plan on it.

And that was mainly an antagonistic post. However, I just reread 'Arena', and with that in mind, I do feel Monarch takes both. He was just... untouchable (for lack of better words) in that arc.

occultdestroyer
Monarch wins both

Mindset
I plan on it.

And that was mainly an antagonistic post. However, I just reread 'Arena', and with that in mind, I do feel Monarch takes both. He was just... untouchable (for lack of better words) in that arc. He still wont beat Destroyer armor Thor.

Enyalus
I plan on it.
Alan Moore FTW.

However, I just reread 'Arena', and with that in mind, I do feel Monarch takes both. He was just... untouchable (for lack of better words) in that arc.
Yeah, he was really badass in it. And truthfully, I would've said Monarch takes Current Thor but not the Destroyer (instead of what I said with Thor taking both), except he's got a record of cracking Celestial exterior and interior armor, as well as smashing the Destroyer armor as well. I think those are more than enough feats to suggest he could breech Monarch's armor. And then Mjolnir's absorbed a blast that could've wiped out an entire galaxy. Definitely nowhere near a universal-level explosion, so this is speculation on my part, but I believe he could survive it via Mjolnir absorption. Or channel it all into another dimension.

hmm

Galan007
Alan Moore FTW. thumb up galan_v

Yeah, he was really badass in it. And truthfully, I would've said Monarch takes Current Thor but not the Destroyer (instead of what I said with Thor taking both), except he's got a record of cracking Celestial exterior and interior armor, as well as smashing the Destroyer armor as well. Good point, but do you feel that Thor's blasts are > the combined efforts of every version of Captain Atom throughout DC + numerous Supermen + several GL's? Because they couldn't so much as scratch Monarch (and this was before he incorporated the aforementioned powers into his being.)

And then Mjolnir's absorbed a blast that could've wiped out an entire galaxy. Definitely nowhere near a universal-level explosion, so this is speculation on my part, but I believe he could survive it via Mjolnir absorption. Or channel it all into another dimension.

hmm A galaxy is several multitudes less than a universe, though - so I don't think that particular feat would be enough to give Thor an edge. *shrug*

quanchi112
thumb up

galan_v

Good point, but do you feel that Thor's blasts are > the combined efforts of every version of Captain Atom throughout DC + numerous Supermen + several GL's? Because they couldn't so much as scratch Monarch (and this was before incorporated the aforementioned powers into his being.) If he is harming a Celestial with it he is definitely breaching Monarch's armor. Thor has also had the power to run off Galactus. He is the most powerful top tier out there imo.

Mindset
Does having more power make his suit stronger?

Enyalus
Good point, but do you feel that Thor's blasts are > the combined efforts of every version of Captain Atom throughout DC + numerous Supermen + several GL's? Because they couldn't so much as scratch Monarch (and this was before incorporated the aforementioned powers into his being.)
No, I think that only the Godblast would be above that....That being said, King Thor's two full powered Odinforce blasts (one when he first becomes Ruler of Asgard and the second in the Gods and Men arc) may come close or do the trick.

I do think his physical blows would be enough to do it. Two-three strikes. He does it with Exitar. He also throws it through Desak-Destroyer. I don't think 2-3 strikes is unreasonable to suggest. Hell, he splinters the moon apart with the shockwaves from his blows while on Earth fighting. Lots of physical power. More than the Supermen.

Galan007
I do think his physical blows would be enough to do it. Two-three strikes. He does it with Exitar. He also throws it through Desak-Destroyer. Has not Mjolnir been stopped in mid-air by Thanos? I would certainly think Monarch could replicate that - thus, I don't see throwing Mjolnir gaining Thor much (if anything.) As for the physical strikes, if Monarch was playing smart/safe he wouldn't let Thor get close enough to swat him.

Lots of physical power. More than the Supermen. iyo.

KingD19
Considering it took Superman Prime a lot more than a few hits to damage his armor, I don't think Thor can do it in that few. And a galaxy is a few leagues below the universe.

Enyalus
Has not Mjolnir been stopped in mid-air by Thanos? I would certainly think Monarch could replicate that. As for the physical strikes, if Monarch was playing smart/safe he wouldn't let Thor get close enough to swat him.
Not really. Thanos >>> Thor > Monarch. Clearly.

iyo.
C'mon, unless you're h1, Classic Thor & Superman are already close in physical strength (with Supes holding a bit of an edge IMO). With the Odinforce amp and Monarch facing three alternate Supermen who probably weren't as physically strong as mainstream Supes...?

Slaanesh
if he crack Monarch armor and Monarch explode..won't that kill Thor too..

Enyalus
if he crack Monarch armor and Monarch explode..won't that kill Thor too..
Just Current Thor? Yes. Unless he absorbs it or opens a portal and channels the explosion into another dimension. Which he's capable of and has done before.

In the Destroyer armor, I think he can tank it. And the Disintegrator Beam amped with the Odinforce should split Monarch's armor open in one-hit IMO.

Galan007
Not really. Thanos >>> Thor > Monarch. Clearly. hmm Point taken.

three alternate Supermen who probably weren't as physically strong as mainstream Supes...? Not so sure.

Slaanesh
Just Current Thor? Yes. Unless he absorbs it or opens a portal and channels the explosion into another dimension. Which he's capable of and has done before.

In the Destroyer armor, I think he can tank it. And the Disintegrator Beam amped with the Odinforce should split Monarch's armor open in one-hit IMO.

yes..just current Thor..i also think that the Destroyer can take Monarch and survive the explosion..i just don't think Thor can..but too channel the energy..maybe he can..maybe he can't..who knows..

Enyalus
..but too channel the energy..maybe he can..maybe he can't..who knows..
I do. I'm omniscient. I also have infinite power.

shokosugi
oh boy. Monarch will rape Thor.

Original Smurph
I haven't seen every new Thor feat, so I'm curious...

How much stronger has the Odinforce made Thor?

Slaanesh
I do. I'm omniscient. I also have infinite power.

okie..cuz u r omniscient..i believe u..but just curious..i've seen galan ask u this..which level of infinite are u??the lower infinite or the infinite infinite??

Enyalus
Originally posted by Original Smurph
I haven't seen every new Thor feat, so I'm curious...

How much stronger has the Odinforce made Thor?

Strong enough to survive an attack that would've killed him in one blow during his classic incarnation. And allows him to take out an Asgardian empowered Destroyer fairly easily...when in his classic form a human empowered Destroyer killed him. *shrug*

Original Smurph
Strong enough to survive an attack that would've killed him in one blow during his classic incarnation. And allows him to take out an Asgardian empowered Destroyer fairly easily...when in his classic form a human empowered Destroyer killed him. *shrug* I mean literal strength.

Enyalus
okie..cuz u r omniscient..i believe u..but just curious..i've seen galan ask u this..which level of infinite are u??the lower infinite or the infinite infinite??
You're wise to believe me. And the answer to your question is: 'More infinite than you can imagine. Infinite beyond infinite.'

smile

Enyalus
I mean literal strength.
Ah...Well, with a fraction of the Odinforce he one-shot Ulik. He can also stalemate Surtur in a grappling match (that with the full Odinforce.) Went toe to toe physically with Bor (who by statements but not on panel feats was Odin's level.)

I don't believe he's got any real lifting feats, if that's what you're after.

Original Smurph
On estimation, how much stronger do you think he is than Superman at this moment in time?

Enyalus
On estimation, how much stronger do you think he is than Superman at this moment in time?
Are you trying to get me to sound like h1?

Or do you want a genuine estimation?

Original Smurph
Are you trying to get me to sound like h1?

Or do you want a genuine estimation? Genuine.

Mindset
He's trying to trap you with your own words, my advice is to put him on perma-ignore for a couple days.

It's the fangirl way.

Slaanesh

thor is stronger..carver said that he can one shot supes..and i believe him no expression

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Mindset
He's trying to trap you with your own words, my advice is to put him on perma-ignore for a couple days.

It's the fangirl way. Permanency lasts only a couple days around here.

Also, u mad?

Enyalus
Genuine.
Lotta speculation here. But based on what WM Thor w/ PG did, the fact that Odin is stronger than that, taking his feats into account (like physically one-shotting Durok), Thor having the full Odinforce and what he's done when wielding it properly...like 8x Current Supes' strength. Roughly.

I'm not talking about the shit with him holding back against Rulk, but him going for the jugular.

embarrasment

Original Smurph
Lotta speculation here. But based on what WM Thor w/ PG did, the fact that Odin is stronger than that, taking his feats into account (like physically one-shotting Durok), Thor having the full Odinforce and what he's done when wielding it properly...like 8x Current Supes' strength. Roughly.

I'm not talking about the shit with him holding back against Rulk, but him going for the jugular.

embarrasment Cool, cool.

I completely disagree, but, like I said, haven't read much of current Thor.

From what I understand, pretty much every fight he's in nowadays is mostly speculation based on how much of the odin force he's employing.

Mindset
Permanency lasts only a couple days around here.

Also, u mad? It does if your fangirl

Enyalus
Cool, cool.

I completely disagree, but, like I said, haven't read much of current Thor.

From what I understand, pretty much every fight he's in nowadays is mostly speculation based on how much of the odin force he's employing.

Thor #7-8 and the most recent, Thor #600 all confirm he's got the full Odinpower. In the former, Odin himself talks to Thor about it (while they're in the Netherrealm) and in the latter example he's talking about it (mostly to himself) all throughout the issue. His feats from his King Thor days and other times he's wielded the Odinforce should be applicable based on that.

KingD19
Superman Prime took a loooong time to breach Monarch's armor, the guy whose punches destroy universes and cure cancer.

Original Smurph
Thor #7-8 and the most recent, Thor #600 all confirm he's got the full Odinpower. In the former, Odin himself talks to Thor about it (while they're in the Netherrealm) and in the latter example he's talking about it (mostly to himself) all throughout the issue. His feats from his King Thor days and other times he's wielded the Odinforce should be applicable based on that. And yet, he's demonstrated nothing yet that would indicate that.

Speculation for now...

Enyalus
And yet, he's demonstrated nothing yet that would indicate that.

Speculation for now...

Mandrakk didn't demonstrate that he was the 'greatest threat,' either. People accept that as a given fact, though. Current Thor's still physically beaten the Destroyer, Surtur, and Bor. Along with trashing a superskrull strong enough to thrash the rest of Asgard's army easily and beat BRB like a stepchild.

Put a multiversal threat like Monarch in front of Thor and he'd doubtlessly unleash his full power in an effort to stop him.

Slaanesh
Along with trashing a superskrull strong enough to thrash the rest of Asgard's army easily and beat BRB like a stepchild.

he didn't trash the superskrull..he needed the others help to beat her..

Original Smurph
Mandrakk didn't demonstrate that he was the 'greatest threat,' either. People accept that as a given fact, though. Current Thor's still physically beaten the Destroyer, Surtur, and Bor. Along with trashing a superskrull strong enough to thrash the rest of Asgard's army easily and beat BRB like a stepchild.

Put a multiversal threat like Monarch in front of Thor and he'd doubtlessly unleash his full power in an effort to stop him. My only question is what the height of his power is. srug

We've seen little definite to test how much he can unleash, correct?

I mean... he lost to Red Hulk, but who didn't?

He became exhausted after ressurecting the other gods (or moving Asgard or something along those lines), but I can't exactly place a power level on that.

Couldn't tell you whether I think that his power height would be capable of beating Monarch til I see him perform something along those lines.

Mindset
he didn't trash the superskrull..he needed the others help to beat her.. The other Asgardians didn't do anything confused

There were barely an annoyance.

Enyalus
All the help he had was BRB's Stormbreaker. And its not known whether or not he needed both hammers to finish her off. I'm betting not.

He became exhausted after ressurecting the other gods (or moving Asgard or something along those lines), but I can't exactly place a power level on that.
Yeah, he created a global storm and resurrected all of the Asgardians save for Sif (and Odin.) And was kinda tired afterwards. Still affected the entire planet at once. And he still has Godblast. As well as at bare minimum his classic strength levels (which were enough to bust Exitar's armor.) Unless you think having the Odinforce somehow makes you weaker than previously. stick out tongue

Couldn't tell you whether I think that his power height would be capable of beating Monarch til I see him perform something along those lines.

Sure. I think Monarch's power level might be higher than what King Thor displayed. What I'm basing scenario 1 off of is just the fact that Thor's trashed tough armor in the past. In addition to the Destroyer and the interior and exterior of a Celestial, he's also completely trashed the Celestial Slayer (forget her actual name, but she wore living Celestial armor and one-shot killed Thor's duplicate as well as almost killing Thunderstrike with ease ). So he's got a history of busting open armor. And Mjolnir can absorb or redirected the energy once his suit is cracked.

I think Thor just matches up well. That's the main reason why I chose him in both.

Now then, I'm gonna channel my inner TP, pretend like I won this little debate-ish, and go to bed. smile

Slaanesh
The other Asgardians didn't do anything confused

There were barely an annoyance.

thor was only able to get the upperhand when fandral drive in his sword and Thor thrust it in..they were about equal before that..

Mindset
thor was only able to get the upperhand when fandral drive in his sword and Thor thrust it in..they were about equal before that.. Fandral couldn't even plunge his sword in deep enough to even do any damage, if you mean the Asgardians helped Thor by giving him a sword, ok, other than that they didn't do anything.

Even then the sword only put the SuperSkrull down for a few moments, so I don't see how you think the Asgardians were of any significant importance in that fight.

Like I said, they were barely an annoyance.

quanchi112
Has not Mjolnir been stopped in mid-air by Thanos? I would certainly think Monarch could replicate that - thus, I don't see throwing Mjolnir gaining Thor much (if anything.) As for the physical strikes, if Monarch was playing smart/safe he wouldn't let Thor get close enough to swat him.

iyo. That depends. Now to Thanos wave his hammer down it or did it hit a forcefield and hit the dirt. Both are logical imo. Thanos has also been rocked by the hammer as well.

Slaanesh
Fandral couldn't even plunge his sword in deep enough to even do any damage, if you mean the Asgardians helped Thor by giving him a sword, ok, other than that they didn't do anything.

Even then the sword only put the SuperSkrull down for a few moments, so I don't see how you think the Asgardians were of any significant importance in that fight.

Like I said, they were barely an annoyance.

they help and it doesn't matter anyway..Thor only got the upperhand when she doesn't have Stormbreaker anymore..all i want to say is that Thor didn't trash her like someone said he did..

Avlon
Monarch stomps Thor.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
Monarch stomps Thor. Not in the destroyer armor.

shokosugi
the destroyer armor is over-rated. Monarch rapes Thor no matter what.

Enyalus
Originally posted by shokosugi
the destroyer armor is over-rated.
laughing out loud It allowed a basic human soul to wipe the floor with the Avengers and kill Thor in the process. Also allowed him to toy with Savage Hulk.

No way Monarch even scratches Thor in the armor.

iceman24567
Monarch in both

KingD19
Monarch wailed on one of the most powerful combined forces in the universe, then absorbed them and got loads stronger, then he was duking it out with Superman-Prime until his suit got breached, the resulting explosion killed the universe. Thor can't win.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KingD19
Monarch wailed on one of the most powerful combined forces in the universe, then absorbed them and got loads stronger, then he was duking it out with Superman-Prime until his suit got breached, the resulting explosion killed the universe. Thor can't win. A Monitor easily survived the blast while top tiers were hammering the whole lot of them.

Destroyer Thor beats Monarch ten out of ten and survives the blast while standing just like the Monitor.

xJLxKing
A Monitor easily survived the blast while top tiers were hammering the whole lot of them.

Destroyer Thor beats Monarch ten out of ten and survives the blst while standing just like the Monitor.
You don't know much about Monarch. Check out his respect thread

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
You don't know much about Monarch. Check out his respect thread I read all of countdown and arena. I knew perfectly well what he is capable of and also what the destroyer is capable of.

Monarch loses.

Enyalus
You don't know much about Monarch. Check out his respect thread
You've got a skyfather Asgardian powering an already trans-level object that makes one nigh-invulnerable. Quan's absolutely right - Monarch loses 10/10 in scenario 2.

xJLxKing
You've got a skyfather Asgardian powering an already trans-level object that makes one nigh-invulnerable. Quan's absolutely right - Monarch loses 10/10 in scenario 2.
Not in my opinion. He was able to take so many different kind of Superman, CA, JLA, and so many others. I can see him damaging Thor and a chance at winning.

Enyalus
Not in my opinion. He was able to take so many different kind of Superman, CA, JLA, and so many others. I can see him damaging Thor and a chance at winning.
He didn't take out the JLA. And his main form of attack are energy blasts. Which Thor can absorb and amplify a hundredfold to blast them back. In the Destroyer armor, one-two shots from the full powered disintegrator beam would ruin Monarch's armor.

Scenario 2 is an easy win for Thor.

Mindset
You don't know much about Monarch. Check out his respect thread You don't know much about Destroyer armor.

quanchi112
Not in my opinion. He was able to take so many different kind of Superman, CA, JLA, and so many others. I can see him damaging Thor and a chance at winning. All of which the destroyer can replicate. Monarch didn't seem to be able to visibly harm Prime during their fight at all.

iceman24567
He didn't take out the JLA. And his main form of attack are energy blasts. Which Thor can absorb and amplify a hundredfold to blast them back. In the Destroyer armor, one-two shots from the full powered disintegrator beam would ruin Monarch's armor.

Scenario 2 is an easy win for Thor. Monarch has shields and almost an infinite supply of quantum energy at his disposal scenario 2 isn't easy for anybody roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Monarch has shields and almost an infinite supply of quantum energy at his disposal scenario 2 isn't easy for anybody roll eyes (sarcastic) Monarch couldn't really visibly damage Prime and you think he is leaving a scratch on the destroyer?

xJLxKing

Scenario 2 is an easy win for Thor.
Thor can absorb it but it ain't helping him from being transported, or anything of that sort. One clean hit from Monarch is good to hit him. Not only that but Monarch was able to Slap Superman easily and knock him out.

He wasn't even phased by Superman(evolved) physical attack. I don't see Thor's physical attack wont be much of a problem. Monarch wins Scenario one(majority). Scenario 2 depends if the destroyer armor can tank a universal hit. If it can't then it's a tie, and that's if Thor can survive being transported to different places.

quanchi112
Thor can absorb it but it ain't helping him from being transported, or anything of that sort. One clean hit from Monarch is good to hit him. Not only that but Monarch was able to Slap Superman easily and knock him out.

He wasn't even phased by Superman(evolved) physical attack. I don't see Thor's physical attack wont be much of a problem. Monarch wins Scenario one(majority). Scenario 2 depends if the destroyer armor can tank a universal hit. If it can't then it's a tie, and that's if Thor can survive being transported to different places. You claim to know a lot about Monarch.

If Monarch's armor is breached then he loses. If a Monitor can survive it easily then the Destroyer survives this easily imo.

Enyalus
Scenario 2 depends if the destroyer armor can tank a universal hit. If it can't then it's a tie, and that's if Thor can survive being transported to different places.
The above makes you sound really, really bad. Mjolnir allows Thor to travel between dimension with ease. He's not being BFR'd by Monarch. And he doesn't need to tank the universal blast.

iceman24567
Monarch couldn't really visibly damage Prime and you think he is leaving a scratch on the destroyer? Oh please get your biased low balling out of here. Monarch was the only person to fight Prime face to face and stand a chance other than Ion and that was a weaker version of Prime.

Enyalus
Monarch has shields and almost an infinite supply of quantum energy at his disposal scenario 2 isn't easy for anybody roll eyes (sarcastic)
Thor w/ Odinforce busted through Genis-Vell's shields with Mjolnir easily. He also tore the head off of Desak-Destroyer with one blow. Monarch's shields aren't holding up to Thor's attacks amped by the Destroyer. I totally respect your opinion that Monarch wins in 1...but scenario 2 is a no brainer to me. stick out tongue

iceman24567
Thor w/ Odinforce busted through Genis-Vell's shields with Mjolnir easily. He also tore the head off of Desak-Destroyer with one blow. Monarch's shields aren't holding up to Thor's attacks amped by the Destroyer. I totally respect your opinion that Monarch wins in 1...but scenario 2 is a no brainer to me. stick out tongue So Genis = Monarch eek! . It's a no brainer for you but Monarch is more powerful than Odin Powered Thor. Which version of Genis was that? It wasn't even Photon from what i can remember.

xJLxKing
You don't know much about Destroyer armor.
Actually, I don't.

Exactly!!! He can only travel through dimension using his Mjonir, but without it, we don't know.( I don't, do you?)

Also, why doesn't he have to tank it?

quanchi112
Oh please get your biased low balling out of here. Monarch was the only person to fight Prime face to face and stand a chance other than Ion and that was a weaker version of Prime. How am I lowballing? I am bringing up a fact. Destroyer is more durable than Prime and Monarch didn't physically affect him. Like I said Monarch wins against current Thor but loses against destroyer Thor.

His blasts aren't doing squat to the destroyer.

quanchi112
So Genis = Monarch eek! . It's a no brainer for you but Monarch is more powerful than Odin Powered Thor. Which version of Genis was that? It wasn't even Photon from what i can remember. Do you think Monarch is more powerful than current Thor or King Thor?

Enyalus
Exactly!!! He can only travel through dimension using his Mjonir, but without it, we don't know.( I don't, do you?)

Also, why doesn't he have to tank it?
Sorry, but where exactly is Mjolnir going and why isn't Thor going to have it??

Mjolnir can open portals to dispurse the blast or absorb some (if not all) of its energy.

xJLxKing
Sorry, but where exactly is Mjolnir going and why isn't Thor going to have it??
Transported to a different place big grin

That's a big speculation don't you think?

Enyalus
So Genis = Monarch eek! . It's a no brainer for you but Monarch is more powerful than Odin Powered Thor. Which version of Genis was that? It wasn't even Photon from what i can remember.
That was Insane Genis, the dude who killed Eternity, survived a Big Bang at point blank range, and was one-shotting skyfather level characters. His photonic shielding was never breeched except for when KT did it...even tanked three fleets (Shi'ar, Kree and Skrull) firing on him at once without it popping.

And sure, by feats Monarch is more powerful than Odinforce Thor. But Odinforce Thor in the Destroyer? Not a chance.

Enyalus
Transported to a different place big grin
I hope you're joking, and that's what the emoticon was for.

That's a big speculation don't you think?
No. He's done both before.

iceman24567
How am I lowballing? I am bringing up a fact. Destroyer is more durable than Prime and Monarch didn't physically affect him. Like I said Monarch wins against current Thor but loses against destroyer Thor.

His blasts aren't doing squat to the destroyer. Yeah he can just destroy planets with his blast if Thor in the armor is so powerful how did you give Thanos the win over him? Bias much? Yes you are low balling of all the beings Monarch easily beat you bring up the time he faced an amped already skyfather level character to deface him? Fact is Monarch and Thanos are in the same ballpark as far as power levels fact is Prime did survive a universal blast the Destroyer never has thats fact your low balling is just that low balling eek!

Enyalus
Fact is Monarch and Thanos are in the same ballpark as far as power levels
I'm saving that. stick out tongue

xJLxKing

I hope you're joking, and that's what the emoticon was for.

It's diffinitely out of character, but if he realizes that Mjonir can absorb energy like how he did it against Phoenix, then he might get irritated and transport Mjonir.

An entire explosion that will move quickly, and is infinite? I seriously doubt that.

iceman24567
I'm saving that. stick out tongue Monarch is still more powerful in my opinion smile

Enyalus
Monarch is still more powerful in my opinion smile
Any rational person would agree with you. smile

xJLxKing
I don't see Monarch winning Scenario two except by killing himself with Thor

Enyalus
It's diffinitely out of character, but if he realizes that Mjonir can absorb energy like how he did it against Phoenix, then he might get irritated and transport Mjonir.

An entire explosion that will move quickly, and is infinite? I seriously doubt that.

I hope you won't take offense, but I'm not going to debate these particular points anymore.

xJLxKing
I hope you won't take offense, but I'm not going to debate these particular points anymore.
wink

quanchi112
Yeah he can just destroy planets with his blast if Thor in the armor is so powerful how did you give Thanos the win over him? Bias much? Yes you are low balling of all the beings Monarch easily beat you bring up the time he faced an amped already skyfather level character to deface him? Fact is Monarch and Thanos are in the same ballpark as far as power levels fact is Prime did survive a universal blast the Destroyer never has thats fact your low balling is just that low balling eek! Thanos can also defeat Monarch. Thanos has traded blows with Odin before the same force responsible for beheading the destroyer. No bias just common sense really. Odin never defeated Thanos either and had ample time to do so.

A Monitor easily survived the blast yet a prepared top tier could beat him. Your logic fails on every level. Most even if they think Prime survived it, it ko'd him while the Monitor easily took it like it was nothing.

All this happens in the comics so please don't cry to me.

quanchi112
I don't see Monarch winning Scenario two except by killing himself with Thor How does it kill the destroyer when it failed to even injure a Monitor?

xJLxKing
How does it kill the destroyer when it failed to even injure a Monitor?
What makes you think the monitor is weak? Oh wait, you don't even know what you're talking about. You act like that was a small accomplishment. Going by that feat, that specific monitor has better durability then the destroyer.

quanchi112
What makes you think the monitor is weak? Oh wait, you don't even know what you're talking about. You act like that was a small accomplishment. Going by that feat, that specific monitor has better durability then the destroyer. The fact that an amped Prime easily crushed one. The fact that at a team of top tiers was engaging the whole lot of them and holding their own. Dd you read countdown?

No, false. Going by that this Monitor has better durability than Prime. The Destroyer wasn't in the same siutation. That is speculation, but it's conclusive according to you that the Monitor has better durability than Prime.

xJLxKing
The fact that an amped Prime easily crushed one. The fact that at a team of top tiers was engaging the whole lot of them and holding their own. Dd you read countdown?

No, false. Going by that this Monitor has better durability than Prime. The Destroyer wasn't in the same siutation. That is speculation, but it's conclusive according to you that the Monitor has better durability than Prime.
Almost all your post are speculation!!

you still have to proof that all monitors are in the same power level. They can be the same power level, but until you prove that they aren't, you can't use that to help your argument whatsoever.

Second, you proved that they are different level. How?
Well Superman recruited one(not using force), and like you said, a group of defeating one. However, another monitor was scaring ION( I think it was kyle). Another was very powerful(COIE), and finally we see one that tanked a universal explosion.

quanchi112
Almost all your post are speculation!!

you still have to proof that all monitors are in the same power level. They can be the same power level, but until you prove that they aren't, you can't use that to help your argument whatsoever.

Second, you proved that they are different level. How?
Well Superman recruited one(not using force), and like you said, a group of defeating one. However, another monitor was scaring ION( I think it was kyle). Another was very powerful(COIE), and finally we see one that tanked a universal explosion. Coie was before they were split into 52 or so. It seems you need some help figuring out your dc history.

I know that Monitor easily survived a blast that ko'd Prime iyo.

The rest is an attempt by you to prove they had varying power levels when the whole lot of them was struggling against top tiers. Doesn't look good for you. Don't you think the Monarch would have known that. I mean he knew the team he assembled could take them on. If they were even close to his level he would need more than the top tiers he manhandled on his own before he powered up.

laughing out loud

xJLxKing
Coie was before they were split into 52 or so. It seems you need some help figuring out your dc history.

I know that Monitor easily survived a blast that ko'd Prime iyo.

The rest is an attempt by you to prove they had varying power levels when the whole lot of them was struggling against top tiers. Doesn't look good for you. Don't you think the Monarch would have known that. I mean he knew the team he assembled could take them on. If they were even close to his level he would need more than the top tiers he manhandled on his own before he powered up.

laughing out loud
Again, your post consist of speculation. I asked you to proof how they are all the same power level. We witnessed them using power on completely different level. Some scaring characters like Ion, other surviving to universal explosion and others losing to a team. So again is this all you have to try and say they are on the same level.

Rage.Of.Olympus

The time line is a bit messed up, but Thor was severely weakened during the Super Skrull invasion because he had just awakened all the Asgardian's etc. and hadn't used the Odin Sleep since his awakening.

In Matt Fraction's interview, he states, that Thor is operating far from %100 percent, and his batteries are worn out. The Odin Force is depleted and Thor is weakened etc.

Thor was operating far from full power, and still thrashed that Super Skrull.

quanchi112
Again, your post consist of speculation. I asked you to proof how they are all the same power level. We witnessed them using power on completely different level. Some scaring characters like Ion, other surviving to universal explosion and others losing to a team. So again is this all you have to try and say they are on the same level. No, no, no. You simply don't understand the point of Monarch's army. They were assembled because they could give the Monitor's a run here while their combined might couldn't even phase Monarch before his upgrade.

Monitor>Prime in terms of surviving the universal explosion that you feel needs to be brought up even though it's ridiculous and actually proves Prime can't tank one per forum rules.

xJLxKing
No, no, no. You simply don't understand the point of Monarch's army. They were assembled because they could give the Monitor's a run here while their combined might couldn't even phase Monarch before his upgrade.

Monitor>Prime in terms of surviving the universal explosion that you feel needs to be brought up even though it's ridiculous and actually proves Prime can't tank one per forum rules.
Dude you are crazy. WHERE AND PLEASE QUOTE ME. WHERE DID I EVEN SAY
PRIME>Monitor in terms of explosion.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The time line is a bit messed up, but Thor was severely weakened during the Super Skrull invasion because he had just awakened all the Asgardian's etc. and hadn't used the Odin Sleep since his awakening.

In Matt Fraction's interview, he states, that Thor is operating far from %100 percent, and his batteries are worn out. The Odin Force is depleted and Thor is weakened etc.

Thor was operating far from full power, and still thrashed that Super Skrull.

i don't know if he is weakened at that time or not and i don't care..he didn't thrashed the superskrull..he only got the upperhand when the superskrull lost stormbreaker..they are about equal before that..

Enyalus
No, no, no. You simply don't understand the point of Monarch's army. They were assembled because they could give the Monitor's a run here while their combined might couldn't even phase Monarch before his upgrade.

Hey Quan, I don't have the issue on me...in Countdown, does GA Prime thrash Solomon (the Monitor), or no? I remember Solomon being ridiculously scared of Prime and convincing him to leave his ship and travel to Earth-51...

xJLxKing
Hey Quan, I don't have the issue on me...in Countdown, does GA Prime thrash Solomon (the Monitor), or no? I remember Solomon being ridiculously scared of Prime and convincing him to leave his ship and travel to Earth-51...
exactly that just proves my point even more.

Enyalus
exactly that just proves my point even more.

Why? Monitors getting beat by top tiers and thrashed by an amped Prime but able to tank a universal-level explosion?

How's that help your case at all? And what are you and Quan even arguing about? I went to have some sex and I come back to this. no expression

xJLxKing
Why? Monitors getting beat by top tiers and thrashed by an amped Prime but able to tank a universal-level explosion?

How's that help your case at all? And what are you and Quan even arguing about? I went to have some sex and I come back to this. no expression It's stupid really. He just doesn't like the fact that a monitor can tank a universal explosion.

He claims that the Monarch that exploded was weak and his explosion was weak and thats why the monitor survived it. Funny huh? Then he says Prime is so weak, a monitor could survive a explosion but he can't.

He believe all of the monitors are the same power level, but can't prove it.

quanchi112
Dude you are crazy. WHERE AND PLEASE QUOTE ME. WHERE DID I EVEN SAY
PRIME>Monitor in terms of explosion. You have to say it. The Monitor easily survived it while Prime got ko'd. Originally posted by Slaanesh
i don't know if he is weakened at that time or not and i don't care..he didn't thrashed the superskrull..he only got the upperhand when the superskrull lost stormbreaker..they are about equal before that.. The writer admits he weakened which changes everything. If he had been at full strength he would have defeated the skrull without much trouble, but due to his weakened state it posed a challenge to him.Originally posted by Enyalus
Hey Quan, I don't have the issue on me...in Countdown, does GA Prime thrash Solomon (the Monitor), or no? I remember Solomon being ridiculously scared of Prime and convincing him to leave his ship and travel to Earth-51... Yes, Prime with the ga is well above these Monitors. Originally posted by xJLxKing
exactly that just proves my point even more. Prime was amped. Huge difference.

quanchi112
It's stupid really. He just doesn't like the fact that a monitor can tank a universal explosion.

He claims that the Monarch that exploded was weak and his explosion was weak and thats why the monitor survived it. Funny huh? Then he says Prime is so weak, a monitor could survive a explosion but he can't.

He believe all of the monitors are the same power level, but can't prove it. All I proved is that a Monitor can easily take this blast while Prime can't. It's all true.

Rage.Of.Olympus
i don't know if he is weakened at that time or not and i don't care..he didn't thrashed the superskrull..he only got the upperhand when the superskrull lost stormbreaker..they are about equal before that..

Equal?

They fought for like 2 pages, and Thor was visibly physically unharmed while she had a sword sticking out of her, and she then threw Stormbreaker, at the city, and Thor flew there and intercepted it head on. He then went on to drop Asgard on her dome piece.

Just because, Supergirl doesn't die against Superman in two panels, and is able to survive for a small time period, doesn't mean they are equal in any way(Not the best comparison, I know, lol but I'm tired.).

xJLxKing
laughing out loud Where did i even argue this?

AGAIN!!! He was shrinking back. The guy that took a explosion was a shrinking back. He wasted all his GA power.

Oh god, do you even know why you are arguing ?

Endless Mike
Really I'd say Destroyer Thor could take it but current Thor really doesn't have the feats to

Slaanesh
Equal?

They fought for like 2 pages, and Thor was visibly physically unharmed while she had a sword sticking out of her, and she then threw Stormbreaker, at the city, and Thor flew there and intercepted it head on. He then went on to drop Asgard on her dome piece.

Just because, Supergirl doesn't die against Superman in two panels, and is able to survive for a small time period, doesn't mean they are equal in any way(Not the best comparison, I know, lol but I'm tired.).

she gave them a hard time..how can u say Thor trash her..i'm not saying she can beat Thor or anything like that..i was just trying to say Thor didn't beat her easily..

DarkOdin
she gave them a hard time..how can u say Thor trash her..i'm not saying she can beat Thor or anything like that..i was just trying to say Thor didn't beat her easily..

The only time she caused any trouble was with that cosmic fire attack that was it.

quanchi112
laughing out loud Where did i even argue this?

AGAIN!!! He was shrinking back. The guy that took a explosion was a shrinking back. He wasted all his GA power.

Oh god, do you even know why you are arguing ? I just told you that Prime not even taking a blast a Monitor could is really not that impressive.

Yes, regular Prime according to you gets ko'd. At his base power levels he can't handle something a Monitor easily handled.

Just wanted to prove a point and finally kill the age old kmc argument that it takes more than a universal blast to kill Prime.

Slaanesh
Originally posted by DarkOdin
The only time she caused any trouble was with that cosmic fire attack that was it.

and that means he didn't beat her easily..if it was so easy..why did he need BRB help..he wouldn't need anyone help if it was so easy now would he..

Enyalus
and that means he didn't beat her easily..if it was so easy..why did he need BRB help..he wouldn't need anyone help if it was so easy now would he..
Except, he didn't have BRB's help. BRB got his ass handed to him by her prior to.

All Thor did was pick up Stormbreaker. Thats really the only help BRB provided.

Slaanesh
Except, he didn't have BRB's help. BRB got his ass handed to him by her prior to.

All Thor did was pick up Stormbreaker. Thats really the only help BRB provided.

he need BRB help to lift asgard..

DarkOdin
he need BRB help to lift asgard..

Thor has lifted the bigger and heavier things then asgard he could do it by himself if needed to.

Slaanesh
Thor has lifted the bigger and heavier things then asgard he could do it by himself if needed to.

i don't care about that..back to what i was arguing about..he didn't beat her easily..if it was so easy..why didn't he just bash her head in with Mjolnir ..why go through all the trouble to drop asgard on her no expression

quanchi112
i don't care about that..back to what i was arguing about..he didn't beat her easily..if it was so easy..why didn't he just bash her head in with Mjolnir ..why go through all the trouble to drop asgard on her no expression He was weakened at the time.

DarkOdin
i don't care about that..back to what i was arguing about..he didn't beat her easily..if it was so easy..why didn't he just bash her head in with Mjolnir ..why go through all the trouble to drop asgard on her no expression

He shut took a huge blow from stormbreaker like quan said he was most likely weak from it. If you don't care about it then don't bring up the point that he had help to lift asgard lol. She in a last ditch effect tried to destroy a city and Thor stopped it with his body.

manx422
atleast they could hav made her hot

Slaanesh
He was weakened at the time.

do u know what i was arguing about??it doesn't matter if he was weakened or not..he didn't beat her easily like someone say he did..

Slaanesh
He shut took a huge blow from stormbreaker like quan said he was most likely weak from it. If you don't care about it then don't bring up the point that he had help to lift asgard lol. She in a last ditch effect tried to destroy a city and Thor stopped it with his body.

he got hurt..how is that easy..

DarkOdin
he got hurt..how is that easy..

You stated that she gave Thor a hard time she didn't. You are making it like hor was on his death Bed.

Thor thru out the fight had the upperhand until like i said that cosmic fire thing. Thor race infront of the hammer with some sort of amp as it was spilt into 2 then join back to one and releasing what ever energy the skrull did to it and took it point blank in the chest and came back to fight and still killed the skrull. cosidering the fight after the hit he took was him pawning the skrull ya easy

Slaanesh
You stated that she gave Thor a hard time she didn't. You are making it like hor was on his death Bed.

Thor thru out the fight had the upperhand until like i said that cosmic fire thing. Thor race infront of the hammer with some sort of amp as it was spilt into 2 then join back to one and releasing what ever energy the skrull did to it and took it point blank in the chest and came back to fight and still killed the skrull. cosidering the fight after the hit he took was him pawning the skrull ya easy

no..i just say a hard time..i didn't say she beat the hell out of Thor or anything..just that it wasn't easy..

if u think all that is easy..fine..i won't argue anymore..cuz to me..that kinda fight wasn't easy..we just have to agree that our definition of an easy fight is deferent..

DarkOdin
no..i just say a hard time..i didn't say she beat the hell out of Thor or anything..just that it wasn't easy..

if u think all that is easy..fine..i won't argue anymore..cuz to me..that kinda fight wasn't easy..we just have to agree that our definition of an easy fight is deferent..

I hear what you are saying but the only thing that slowed Thor down was that cosmic fire even the hammer blow to the chest didn't seem to phase him.

quanchi112
do u know what i was arguing about??it doesn't matter if he was weakened or not..he didn't beat her easily like someone say he did.. Yeah, because he was weakened. That's like weakening Superman and bitching because he didn't easily beat Kalibak. It's because he was weakened aka not at 100 percent. How don't you get this? How???

Rage.Of.Olympus

A hard time?

Thor threw Mjolnir at her once, and he dropped the Super Skrull. A simple throw and she was down. He then hit the Super Skrull one more time across the face, and made her bleed green, while she slashed the Stormbreaker axe at him (All it did, was cut his costume. Didn't even leave a scratch.).

The only time, she even caused him any trouble was with the Cosmic Fire (Which must be hotter than that of Fire Lord or that of a core of the Sun as he has withstood either without even a tan.), and that didn't even so much as singe his hair. He then impaled a Sword in her, and she flung, Stormbreaker at the city.

An act of desperation as the Super Skrull knew it was going down. Thor then intercepted the hammer and came back without so much as a scratch.

He came back, and dropped her in a single hit, and sent her flying and it didn't even seem as if he was trying at all. He calmly told her to yield, and then said "So be it", and smacked her away.

What's the hell is you're definition of a hard time pray tell?

Throw out their entire encounter, the Super Skrull didn't even make Thor "bleed". The worst she did to Thor was make him grunt once. That's it.

Thor then dropped Asgard on her head and turned her into paste.

Based on that, and how easily a severely weakened Current Thor smacked her around, plus the fact that all it takes is Asgard dropping to turn it into a smear, Classic Thor would cave that Super Skrull's head in without to much problem if he felt like it.

Seriously. It was just circumstance that made it last this long.

Slaanesh
A hard time?

Thor threw Mjolnir at her once, and he dropped the Super Skrull. A simple throw and she was down. He then hit the Super Skrull one more time across the face, and made her bleed green, while she slashed the Stormbreaker axe at him (All it did, was cut his costume. Didn't even leave a scratch.).

The only time, she even caused him any trouble was with the Cosmic Fire (Which must be hotter than that of Fire Lord or that of a core of the Sun as he has withstood either without even a tan.), and that didn't even so much as singe his hair. He then impaled a Sword in her, and she flung, Stormbreaker at the city.

An act of desperation as the Super Skrull knew it was going down. Thor then intercepted the hammer and came back without so much as a scratch.

He came back, and dropped her in a single hit, and sent her flying and it didn't even seem as if he was trying at all. He calmly told her to yield, and then said "So be it", and smacked her away.

What's the hell is you're definition of a hard time pray tell?

Throw out their entire encounter, the Super Skrull didn't even make Thor "bleed". The worst she did to Thor was make him grunt once. That's it.

Thor then dropped Asgard on her head and turned her into paste.

Based on that, and how easily a severely weakened Current Thor smacked her around, plus the fact that all it takes is Asgard dropping to turn it into a smear, Classic Thor would cave that Super Skrull's head in without to much problem if he felt like it.

Seriously. It was just circumstance that made it last this long.

dude..i wasn't trying to make him look bad here..like u said..he was weakened cuz he took a blow from stormbreaker head on..and he was hurt..u wanna know what i think is an easy fight..see what Thanos did to Surfer..see what HP DD did to DS and Radiant..or look at how SBP deal with the Teen Titan in IC..that is what i call easy..

Rage.Of.Olympus
She didn't even make Thor bleed....

When Thor intercepted Stormbreaker head one, without even trying to use Mjolnir etc. to deflect it. He literally just stuck out his chest, and closed his eyes. He intercepted it, and when he came back, he didn't have so much as a scratch.

kgkg
he need BRB help to lift asgard.. How do you know he needed his help?

Slaanesh
Originally posted by kgkg
How do you know he needed his help?

cuz he ask for his help no expression hey..i'm not the writer dude..he ask BRB to help him..so i say that he need help..if he lift it alone..i would've say he doesn't need help..

She didn't even make Thor bleed....

When Thor intercepted Stormbreaker head one, without even trying to use Mjolnir etc. to deflect it. He literally just stuck out his chest, and closed his eyes. He intercepted it, and when he came back, he didn't have so much as a scratch.

dude..u and quan were the one who said that he was weakened from that attack..not me..i was just agreeing with u..Thor knock her around with Mjolnir and it didn't even KO her..if it was easy..he would have KO her with 4 or 5 blow..but he didn't..u see what HP DD did to DS..he KO him with 4 blow..DS can't even fight back..that is what i call easy..

kgkg
cuz he ask for his help no expression hey..i'm not the writer dude..he ask BRB to help him..so i say that he need help..if he lift it alone..i would've say he doesn't need help.. Ok but to me it sounds more like a formality than anything especially considering how easily those feats was achieved.

Rage.Of.Olympus
cuz he ask for his help no expression hey..i'm not the writer dude..he ask BRB to help him..so i say that he need help..if he lift it alone..i would've say he doesn't need help..

Him needing Beta Ray Bill is illogical.

He has already lifted Asgard himself, and throw in his strength, and he far from needs help.

There are so many options for Thor to defeat that Super Skrull, it's kind of pathetic. Of all the most useful options, he decided to drop Asgard on her. It happened to just give Beta Ray Bill some usefulness in the arc.

Thor has lifted Asgard with ease in the past.

dude..u and quan were the one who said that he was weakened from that attack..not me..i was just agreeing with u..Thor knock her around with Mjolnir and it didn't even KO her..if it was easy..he would have KO her with 4 or 5 blow..but he didn't..u see what HP DD did to DS..he KO him with 4 blow..DS can't even fight back..that is what i call easy..

Dude, what are you talking about?

How did I say that attack weakened him?

It didn't even leave a scratch. Thor was weakened from awakening all the Asgardians prior to the fight but he is still more than enough to stomp the Super Skrull.

He casually threw Mjolnir at her, and sent her flying. It was downed and bleeding. He then comes asks it to leave, and surrender. It was rather obvious Thor wanted it to simply leave and not engage it in battle or kill it.

He then hits it one more time, making it bleed. Then impales it with a sword. It then throws Stormbreaker and Thor intercepts it head on, and comes back unharmed.

He then one shots it again, sending it flying, and downed. He then casually comes up to it, and asks it to surrender for the last time. It starts getting up. He then says, fine, hands Beta Ray Bill the hammer, and drops Asgard on her.

Thor hit her about a handful of times. Each time he is obviously not going for the kill, and he does it with a calm, serene look on his face. The only reason that fight lasted more than a few pages was circumstance and Thor holding back as evident.

Toyman can last against Superman for a comic book, but it isn't because of power but of circumstance.

Honestly, you're acting as if he had some tough time. Throughout the entire issue, not only is Thor severely weakened, he is still evidently holding back as he warns her to leave, or surrender. He hit about 4 times directly, and each time it ended up with it bleeding. He also hits her casually based on his look.

You're acting as if this was some intense battle, where Thor had to seriously struggle.

She lasted for only "one" page after she refused the last to chance to surrender.

Slaanesh
He shut took a huge blow from stormbreaker like quan said he was most likely weak from it.

there..u agree with quan..that attack weakened him...

guys..come on..here this..i said it wasn't that easy for Thor..i didn't say she beat the hell out of him..she gave him a fight..that's it..i didn't say anything about Thor struggling or something like that..Thor win..and i know Thor can win without anyone help..i just say that it's not an easy win..i have told u what i think about easy win..so..can u please leave me alone now..

Mindset
You can use commas, I believe they are allowed.

Enyalus

i really..dont get the idea of commas..i mean they r kinda pointles if u use periods..periods r cooler neway cause they come from girls vajinas..and vajinas sound like fajitas..which r delicious..neway u guys get wat im saying..so im done 4 now...

Mindset
Your mom has delicious fajitas

Enyalus
Your mom has delicious fajitas
no dude...like..my mom cant cook at all..u dont get it..its awful evrything she makes takes like rotten fajitas...

Slaanesh

i know..but i like those dots..

Slaanesh
there..u agree with quan..that attack weakened him...

Rage.Of.Olympus plz ignore this cuz i just realize i quote the wrong guy..i thought i was still arguing with the same poster..i didn't even look at the name laughing i'm sorry..my bad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.