Johnny Sorrow vs. Gorgon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Original Smurph
They fight in an abandoned creepster theme park.

Harbinger
Gorgon stomps. Then bangs a few broads for fun afterwards.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Harbinger
Gorgon stomps. Then bangs a few broads for fun afterwards. How is Gorgon gonna hit him?

guy222
JS

Harbinger
Conceivably, Gorgon could hit Sorrow when the latter tries to take off his mask, no? Sorrow isn't intangible when he does this IIRC.

In all seriousness, though, Gorgon doesn't have a chance in hell of winning, IMO.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Harbinger
Conceivably, Gorgon could hit Sorrow when the latter tries to take off his mask, no? Sorrow isn't intangible when he does this IIRC.

In all seriousness, though, Gorgon doesn't have a chance in hell of winning, IMO. Yeah, Sorrow can't go intangible while he's de-masked.

Enyalus
Gorgon speedblitz FTW.

Battlehammer
who is sorrow lol

Original Smurph
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johnny_Sorrow

We'll assume for the purpose of the battle that the sight of Johnny's face can hurt/kill Gorgon. I know it doesn't always work on the undead, but let's pretend.

Galan007
Sorrow.

TricksterPriest
Johnny's face has frozen SHAZAM into stone. And he's actually pretty hard to take down even without his mask on.

He's also extremely creepy........ermm
http://kalinara.blogspot.com/2006/01/on-rape-and-sexual-assault-in-comics.html
http://kalinara.blogspot.com/2006/02/johnny-sorrow-is-sick-****.html

Battlehammer
wouldent he turn into stone just form looking into gorgon eyes?

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Battlehammer
wouldent he turn into stone just form looking into gorgon eyes? Wouldn't Gorgon just turn to stone from looking at his face?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Wouldn't Gorgon just turn to stone from looking at his face?
? what? I thought you said his mask was on?

Original Smurph
? what? I thought you said his mask was on? Yeah, and Gorgon's glasses would be on too.

Battlehammer
Yeah, and Gorgon's glasses would be on too.
true, but as soon as gorgon found out he couldent hit him he take the glasses off.

or if he already had that knowledge he take his glasses off before sparrow could take the mask off

Original Smurph
true, but as soon as gorgon found out he couldent hit him he take the glasses off.

or if he already had that knowledge he take his glasses off before sparrow could take the mask off But... Gorgon doesn't do that...

besides, one would think that the mask would protect Johnny similarly to how Gorgon's glasses protect everybody around him.

Battlehammer
But... Gorgon doesn't do that...

besides, one would think that the mask would protect Johnny similarly to how Gorgon's glasses protect everybody around him.
doublt it. The problem is looking into his eye. mask wouldent stop that.

also gorgon would do that if he couldent hit his opponet he suposes to be super smart. So if he knows he cant physically harm his opponet of courses he going to uses his eyes

Original Smurph
doublt it. The problem is looking into his eye. mask wouldent stop that.

also gorgon would do that if he couldent hit his opponet he suposes to be super smart. So if he knows he cant physically harm his opponet of courses he going to uses his eyes True, true.

Well, Johnny can and will go intangible/teleport. I doubt Gorgon's gonna go for a blitz-stare.

Battlehammer
True, true.

Well, Johnny can and will go intangible/teleport. I doubt Gorgon's gonna go for a blitz-stare.

I think he would if he new his opponet would be intangible. He have that basic knowledge

Starscream M
? what? I thought you said his mask was on? when was that stated?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Starscream M
when was that stated?
I am assume his standard wear is the mask on to start, I mean who the hell walking around with there mask off.

Original Smurph
I think he would if he new his opponet would be intangible. He have that basic knowledge Why would he do that? How does intangibility change things up?

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Starscream M
when was that stated? It's pretty standard.

Battlehammer
Why would he do that? How does intangibility change things up?
becauses he cant strike an intagibile object. He know he cant melee, and he super smart, he know his only chances would be to uses his stare.

Symmetric Chaos
How can he petrify someone who's intangible? Would he turn into intangible rock?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
How can he petrify someone who's intangible? Would he turn into intangible rock?

I would think so.

Starscream M
based on their transforming abilities alone (have no clue on Sorrow's fighting skills)...I think Sorrow has the edge

Sorrow could close his eyes and still show his face so he could possibly kill gorgon without being turned to stone

Gorgon would have to open his eyes in order to turn his opponent to stone...thereby he would have to look at Sorrow's face and would die himself

Original Smurph
Or maybe just to tangible rock.... mmm

Battlehammer
true however gorgon also a telepath and from I seen fight just as good blind fold as well there open.

Battlehammer
Or maybe just to tangible rock.... mmm
lol

Starscream M
true however gorgon also a telepath and from I seen fight just as good blind fold as well there open. good point...forgot about gorgon's telepathy.

interesting...

Original Smurph
Don't really know if the telepathy would work.

Johnny has some sort of psionic powers of his own, iirc, and I don't really know if he has a brain to read.

Just hypothesizing though. I think it prob ends in a stalemate, with Johnny teleporting while intangible with his eyes closed, and Gorgon doing... something.

Draco69
Now, the Gorgon can take down friggin' Johnny Sorrow....?

Ughhhh

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Draco69

Ughhhh

I dont know much about Johnny Sorrow, but based on the powers I been told I am going with smurph assement.

Draco69
I dont know much about Johnny Sorrow, but based on the powers I been told I am going with smurph assement.

Johnny Sorrow is a high-end magical foe that's taken on the entire JSA and went up against the Wizard Shazam himself.

He can teleport between dimensions.

He can manipulate many types of energy, both magical and physical.

Oh and he's not ALIVE.

The Presence was so disgusted with him he banished him to hell dimension.

What's Gorgon gonna do? Stab with a sword?

Jeez. I guess all those times he owned Captain Marvel and Black Adam and Green Lantern must have been a big blur of PIS.....

Johnny Sorrow's a Dr. Fate/Shazam/Dr. Strange level foe.

Battlehammer
dident know that if thats the cases gorgon loses horriably

Enyalus
Originally posted by Draco69

Ughhhh
I feel compelled to point out that my opinion in this thread:
Originally posted by Enyalus
Gorgon speedblitz FTW.
Was pure sarcasm.

Just so you know that I'm not a total Marvel fanboy. embarrasment

Battlehammer
i dont read DC out side of some flash, little batman and night wing and DS so I know I aint getting BSed

occultdestroyer
Johnny Sorrow via magic

Mindset
Mind you, this is a guesstimation, but Gorgon could probably beat around 1000 Johnny Sorrow's.

occultdestroyer
orly

cloud102
JS all day.

iceman24567
Gorgon loses 1 second into the fight.

Kris Blaze
lmfao!!!

Are people giving Gorgon wins?

Battlehammer
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
lmfao!!!

Are people giving Gorgon wins?
I dident know anything about sparrow lol and what i found on wiki was absolute shit. I did realize smurf was ****ing around lol

Original Smurph
Johnny "went up against Shazam"?

lolwut?

Johnny took him by surprise and then showed him his face...

I don't think Gorgon wins, but I have yet to see a reasonable assessment for why Johnny does.

We're also going to assume that Gorgon's stare works on him, just as we are assuming that Johnny's works on Gorgon.

Survivor19
How about Johny takes him by surprise... and shows him his face... with eyes closed?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Johnny Sorrow stomps.

Symmetric Chaos
Stalemate or Johnny wins. Gorgon would die from looking at Johnny's face at all, while Johnny needs to meet his eyes.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Survivor19
How about Johny takes him by surprise... and shows him his face... with eyes closed? Could happen. But Gorgon has fast enough reflexes to reflect machine-gun fire and was smart enough to prove God's existence- luring him into a trap would be hard, as he gets basic knowledge of Johnny's powers, and if he sees any hint that Johnny's mask is off, he probably will reflexively avoid looking at Johnny's face.

Gorgon fought brilliantly while blind, after all.

AsbestosFlaygon
...he take his glasses off before sparrow could take the mask off
We're not talkin about Jack Sparrow

AsbestosFlaygon
I dident know anything about sparrow lol and what i found on wiki was absolute shit.
You seem to have an infatuation with Sparrows

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.