Atrocitus VS Sinestro

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

occultdestroyer
Atrocitus, founder of the Red Lanterns

VS

Sinestro, founder of the Yellow Lanterns

Who wins?

Slaanesh
Atrocitus..

Kris Blaze
Sinestro, easily.

manx422
sinestro coz he is cooler
we hav seen no confrontation between the corps

Slaanesh
Originally posted by manx422
sinestro coz he is cooler
we hav seen no confrontation between the corps

yes we have..when some of the SC members are trying to rescue Sinestro..

manx422
Originally posted by Slaanesh
yes we have..when some of the SC members are trying to rescue Sinestro..
that was an ambush bro big grin

Slaanesh
that was an ambush bro big grin

it is still a confrontation smile

manx422
sinestro corp members were killing RLs when they ambushed in GL37

Slaanesh
sinestro corp members were killing RLs when they ambushed in GL37

i know that..i didn't say the RL kill them all did i..i'm just saying that they have fought before..

xJLxKing
A red Lantern attack was able to eat up Sinestro's constructions. Atrocitus will kill Sinestro

theICONiac
Originally posted by xJLxKing
A red Lantern attack was able to eat up Sinestro's constructions. Atrocitus will kill Sinestro

PLUS isn't Atro some kind of a 'metahuman' on his own? Kind of like Mongul with his rings...the whole greater than the sum of its parts...or something...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by theICONiac
PLUS isn't Atro some kind of a 'metahuman' on his own? Kind of like Mongul with his rings...the whole greater than the sum of its parts...or something...
he is just an alien, but not strong like Mongul

theICONiac
he is just an alien, but not strong like Mongul

I'm too lazy to look, but didn't he hoof a bulldozer at Hal/Sinestro during that secret origins storyline??

illadelph12
Atrocitus is a demon from Sector 666. He's a high end meta and magical being on top of having the Red Lantern Powers. Think Etrigan with a ring.

xJLxKing
I'm too lazy to look, but didn't he hoof a bulldozer at Hal/Sinestro during that secret origins storyline?? Yes he did, but that does not make him Mongul's level. He has superhuman strenght

The Nuul
We havent see enough of Atrocitus yet.

theICONiac
Yes he did, but that does not make him Mongul's level. He has superhuman strenght

BUT...

I thought Arkillo was just an alien too...but he went toe-to-toe with Mongul (who is Superman's power-level, no?) while neither had use of their rings...

I dunno, my point is I think Atrocitus's enhanced strength would give him an edge against a 'normal' ring-bearer...

In Action Comics Annual 3 (crappy Armageddon 2001 tie-in) Superman took Guy Gardner's ring. And Waverider (an unseen observant) commented on just how much more powerful Superman now was. Meaning already existing abilities would augment the ring-bearer to a greater degree.

Nihilist
Originally posted by The Nuul
We havent see enough of Atrocitus yet. True, did seem bad ass though.

Vally Doosh

In Action Comics Annual 3 (crappy Armageddon 2001 tie-in) Superman took Guy Gardner's ring. And Waverider (an unseen observant) commented on just how much more powerful Superman now was. Meaning already existing abilities would augment the ring-bearer to a greater degree.
That's because he's Superman.

I mean, what you're saying is true in some respect but if it actually held across the board, Hal, Kyle and the rest of the humans would be among the weakest in the Corps which they obviously aren't.

theICONiac
Originally posted by illadelph12
Atrocitus is a demon from Sector 666. He's a high end meta and magical being on top of having the Red Lantern Powers. Think Etrigan with a ring.

And this is what would make me think he would cream Sinestro in about 3 seconds...

theICONiac
Originally posted by Vally Doosh
That's because he's Superman.

I mean, what you're saying is true in some respect but if it actually held across the board, Hal, Kyle and the rest of the humans would be among the weakest in the Corps which they obviously aren't.

I'm sure experience plays alot into wielding a ring (and those you mentioned have the most since they rebuilt the Corps) but with the exception of Sodam Yat it appears the vast majority of GL's are just plain, ordinary 'sentients'.

xJLxKing
And this is what would make me think he would cream Sinestro in about 3 seconds...
If he hits Sinestro, then yeah it would take long, but Sinestro is quite smart. His ring did kill a red lantern

Vally Doosh
Let me say that calling Atrocitus "Etrigan with a power ring" is pretty ridiculous. Etrigan is among the best at what he does. Atrocitus has no feats close to his level.

I'm sure experience plays alot into wielding a ring (and those you mentioned have the most since they rebuilt the Corps) but with the exception of Sodam Yat it appears the vast majority of GL's are just plain, ordinary 'sentients'.
The human Lanterns used to be made fun of for being ordinary. A lot of them would be considered super strong by our standards and there are telepaths, necromancers, and whatever else in the Corps not to mention guys like Mogo, The Collective and Leezle Pon.

theICONiac
Let me say that calling Atrocitus "Etrigan with a power ring" is pretty ridiculous. Etrigan is among the best at what he does. Atrocitus has no feats close to his level.

The human Lanterns used to be made fun of for being ordinary. A lot of them would be considered super strong by our standards and there are telepaths, necromancers, and whatever else in the Corps not to mention guys like Mogo, The Collective and Leezle Pon.

No, you are right. But it must be the collective experience of the human GL's that make them so formidable.

Raoul
Sinestro, imo. too good with the ring.

Also, agree with everything val said.

theICONiac
Originally posted by Raoul
Sinestro, imo. too good with the ring.

Also, agree with everything val said.

He ain't that good...who won the 'Sinestro Corp War' (with the Anti-monitor, Henshaw, Prime and Parrallax on his side)?

Vally Doosh
Can't really punish the bad guy for losing in that situation...

theICONiac
Can't really punish the bad guy for losing in that situation...

Why not? Sinestro had the deck stacked in his favor. He had every advantage (ESPECIALLY with his guys being able to kill while the GL's couldn't for the longest time in the storyline) and he still lost.

xJLxKing
Why not? Sinestro had the deck stacked in his favor. He had every advantage (ESPECIALLY with his guys being able to kill while the GL's couldn't for the longest time in the storyline) and he still lost.
Except that his warriors weren't experience, and some were backstabbers, weaklings, and traitors. Some would flee, and other would give up. He was lucky that Cyborg S, And SMP were keeping JLA occupied.

Raoul
He ain't that good...who won the 'Sinestro Corp War' (with the Anti-monitor, Henshaw, Prime and Parrallax on his side)?

He is that good, a fact he's shown Hal on more than one occasion.

theICONiac
He is that good, a fact he's shown Hal on more than one occasion.

Well, it will be interesting to see what happens when Sinestro takes on Mongul (a Superman-level adversary on his own but now with 8 yellow rings). If he beats him soundly I guess that means he could beat Atrocitus.

Not to hijack this thread, but do extra rings REALLY mean more power??

Raoul
Well, it will be interesting to see what happens when Sinestro takes on Mongul (a Superman-level adversary on his own but now with 8 yellow rings). If he beats him soundly I guess that means he could beat Atrocitus.

Not to hijack this thread, but do extra rings REALLY mean more power??

mongul got taken down by Bzzd stick out tongue

and yes, more power, but no more will or imagination...

theICONiac

Ah, ah, ah! That WAS NOT a one-on-one battle...Mongul was facing several GL's (not to mention Ion - the supposed 'most powerful' GL).

Raoul
Ah, ah, ah! That WAS NOT a one-on-one battle...Mongul was facing several GL's (not to mention Ion - the supposed 'most powerful' GL).

current Ion is shit. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Originally posted by The Nuul
We havent see enough of Atrocitus yet. Agreed.

Enyalus

Do you think Mongul is a tool as much as I do? Honestly, the character is a joke. He's like...Superboy level, yet deludes himself into thinking he can take out Superman. ****ing hilarious to see him get owned by Supes, Cyborg, and everyone else. I hope Sinestro beats him to a bloody pulp and makes him kiss the ring.

Mustache power FTW.

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
Do you think Mongul is a tool as much as I do? Honestly, the character is a joke. He's like...Superboy level, yet deludes himself into thinking he can take out Superman. ****ing hilarious to see him get owned by Supes, Cyborg, and everyone else. I hope Sinestro beats him to a bloody pulp and makes him kiss his ring.

Mustache power FTW.

laughing out loud

*remembers moustache episode of family guy*

Allankles
Do you think Mongul is a tool as much as I do? Honestly, the character is a joke. He's like...Superboy level, yet deludes himself into thinking he can take out Superman. ****ing hilarious to see him get owned by Supes, Cyborg, and everyone else. I hope Sinestro beats him to a bloody pulp and makes him kiss the ring.

Mustache power FTW.

I think he was downplayed through the 90's. For me Mongul is brutality personified, the fear power ring suits him just as well as Sinestro.

Srysly: Tell me the Qwardian power ring wasn't created for this guy.

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0738/Mongul_Qwardian_Power_Ring.jpg

Enyalus
Originally posted by Allankles
I think he was downplayed through the 90's. For me Mongul is brutality personified, the fear power ring suits him just as well as Sinestro.

Srysly: Tell me the Qwardian power ring wasn't created for this guy.

http://f.imagehost.org/t/0738/Mongul_Qwardian_Power_Ring.jpg

Badass pic. Still doesn't make me like the giant douche. stick out tongue

xJLxKing

Mustache power FTW.
clappingclap thumb up

Allankles
Badass pic. Still doesn't make me like the giant douche. stick out tongue

Why? mad

occultdestroyer
http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/1/13181/544233-atrocitus_by_bakanekonei_super.jpg

VS

http://www.dccomics.com/media/_dcu/desktop_patterns/Green_Lantern_Sinestro_Corps_Special_800x600.jpg

xJLxKing
Took you 3 pages to finally post that.

Slaanesh
Atrocitus looks more badass..he win..

Enyalus
Why? mad
Darkseid - 150 IQ points = Mongul...

Martian_mind

I wasn't aware one's IQ could descend into the negatives...

Enyalus
Originally posted by Martian_mind
I wasn't aware one's IQ could descend into the negatives...
lol, DS's IQ is less than 150?

Well, well. At least I won't have to deal with the New God fanatics. Good luck with that. stick out tongue

Allankles

Mongul is cunning and possesses vast technological knowledge. I fail to see where he's lacking in grey matter. He's just way more brutal than most cosmic baddies. He makes the likes of Sinestro (to be fair he's good for mind games) and Thanos look like fruit cakes.

Enyalus
Mongul is cunning and possesses vast technological knowledge. I fail to see where he's lacking in grey matter. He's just way more brutal than most cosmic baddies. He makes the likes of Sinestro (to be fair he's good for mind games) and Thanos look like fruit cakes.

Guys like Thanos and Darkseid are classy (when written right). Mongul is a thug and a b*tch. stick out tongue

quanchi112
Mongul is cunning and possesses vast technological knowledge. I fail to see where he's lacking in grey matter. He's just way more brutal than most cosmic baddies. He makes the likes of Sinestro (to be fair he's good for mind games) and Thanos look like fruit cakes. This guy was based off Thanos. Thanos would use him much like he would a Terrax. Mongul is no joke when it comes to power, but Thanos has him beat in all categories including leadership.

Mindset
Mongul is cunning and possesses vast technological knowledge. I fail to see where he's lacking in grey matter. He's just way more brutal than most cosmic baddies. He makes the likes of Sinestro (to be fair he's good for mind games) and Thanos look like fruit cakes. lol Mongul is a babyback b*tch

xJLxKing
Originally posted by quanchi112
This guy was based off Thanos. Thanos would use him much like he would a Terrax. Mongul is no joke when it comes to power, but Thanos has him beat in all categories including leadership.
Thanos was based on DS

Enyalus
Thanos was based on DS
DS was based on Galactus. stick out tongue

Mindset
Galactus was based on Doom, along with every other comic character.

xJLxKing
DS was based on Galactus. stick out tongue
hysterical2

I was going to say Imperiex, but then...he was created 2000. I'll find one

Enyalus
hysterical2

I was going to say Imperiex, but then...he was created 2000. I'll find one
It wasn't a joke.

xJLxKing
It wasn't a joke.
It is to me

Enyalus
It is to me

Jack Kirby created DS based off of his work on Galactus. Just sayin'.

And if Thanos is based on DS in turn...then Thanos = Galactus. big grin

xJLxKing

You serious?

quanchi112
Thanos was based on DS He was an improvement on Ds. Ds is the go-bots to Thanos's transformers.

Enyalus
You serious?
Yup.

quanchi112
Yup. You just blew his mind.

Enyalus
You just blew his mind.
Happens to the women I date all the time. I'm used to it.

Galan007
Sinestro. Easily.

Allankles

And if Thanos is based on DS in turn...then Thanos = Galactus. big grin

no

Kirby based DS off of Nixon and Jack Palance, not Galactus.

Just because Kirby made Galactus before doesn't mean he had the same idea with DS.

Enyalus
no

Kirby based DS off of Nixon and Jack Palance, not Galactus.
I choose to believe I'm right, even if you were to present me with overwhelming textual evidence.

'Cause that's how I roll, G.

Allankles
He was an improvement on Ds. Ds is the go-bots to Thanos's transformers.

big grin That would be true if Starlin put as much thought behind Thanos, he didn't.

Thanos is the Fiat Uno to Darkseid's Lamborghini

Allankles
I choose to believe I'm right, even if you were to present me with overwhelming textual evidence.

I had a feeling, just wanted to throw that bit of info in there. wink

'Cauze that'z howz I rollz, Gz.

Fixed.

Allankles
Originally posted by Mindset
Galactus was based on Doom, along with every other comic character.

Jack Palance >>>Doom

DS >>>Doom.

Enyalus
I don't even know who Palance is...

So he can't be >>> Doom.

Allankles
I don't even know who Palance is...

So he can't be >>> Doom.

He's Doom's grandad.

Mindset
Jack Palance >>>Doom

DS >>>Doom. The fact that you think Mongul is a good character makes your opinion null

Galan007
I don't even know who Palance is... g_twitch

Allankles
The fact that you think Mongul is a good character makes your opinion null

The fact that you didn't know DS was Doom's daddy (via Palance) makes your's null.

Mindset
Sorry, your opinion is already null.

Don't embarrass yourself.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Galan007
g_twitch
*shrug* I don't know who most modern actors are, let alone the classic ones.

Allankles
?

Kris Blaze
Sinestro fights very quickly, strategically and he has LONG RANGE attacks.

That flames goes what, 10-20 feet at best?

The Scribe
The fact that you think Mongul is a good character makes your opinion null

blink

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/1348/255295107121mongulsuper.th.jpg

shifty

quanchi112
The fact that you didn't know DS was Doom's daddy (via Palance) makes your's null. Like that makes you cool or something.

Originally posted by Galan007
g_twitch He was the old man in city slickers two.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.