IRA - Freedom Fighters, or Terrorists?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ChakraStrings
In my opinion, the 1916 rising was the TRUE IRA, fighting against an oppressive government - that is killing enemy soldiers and what not. Not firing at civilians or bombing busses killing innocent civilians.

The IRA were freedom fighters, but once they got that freedom they twisted it and turned it into the damned RIRA who run around like those bloody arabs screaming their heads off with AKs and wearing those filthy masks.
What's your view?

Raoul
oh good lord...

ChakraStrings
What? Some people see them as Terrorists, others as Freedom Fighters. While obviously you can probably compare this to most militant factions at any point in history. Only reason I'm mentioning the IRA is because I've recently read a lot about them, >_>
And been to a few pubs I shouldn't of recently.

inimalist
Originally posted by ChakraStrings
run around like those bloody arabs screaming their heads off with AKs and wearing those filthy masks.

wut?

Kostabot
run around like those bloody arabs screaming their heads off with AKs and wearing those filthy masks.

Originally posted by inimalist
wut?

ChakraStrings
Excuse me, I wasn't quite sober.
What I'm trying to get at here is simply different points of view on this rather two-sided debate.
One side says they are freedom fighters looking to save Ireland and restore it as a proud nation.
The other claims they're just a bunch of bumbling terrorists who don't know when to stop.

It can be true for both sides,
England was an oppressive and rather cruel government when dealing with the Irish, thus justifying a revolution amongst its people.
Yet, the somewhat recent bus bombings and scares are uncalled for, innocent people don't need to die to get a point across.

Raoul
Excuse me, I wasn't quite sober.
What I'm trying to get at here is simply different points of view on this rather two-sided debate.
One side says they are freedom fighters looking to save Ireland and restore it as a proud nation.
The other claims they're just a bunch of bumbling terrorists who don't know when to stop.

It can be true for both sides,
England was an oppressive and rather cruel government when dealing with the Irish, thus justifying a revolution amongst its people.
Yet, the somewhat recent bus bombings and scares are uncalled for, innocent people don't need to die to get a point across.

They're actual seperate entities (the IRA back then, and the RIRA now).

Robtard
wut?

http://www.propagandamatrix.com/images/may2008/280508tape.jpg

LordFear
aren't we picking at straws here and in truth its all semantics?

Raoul
Originally posted by LordFear
aren't we picking at straws here and in truth its all semantics?

no.

Originally posted by Raoul
They're actual seperate entities (the IRA back then, and the RIRA now).

Bardock42
wut? He means those damn sand *******, with thier Jihads and their derka derka.

jaden101
Nowadays they're neither. They're just another organised crime gang. It's the IRA that run the drugs business in Northern Ireland as well a whole host of other illegal activities. Instead of smuggling guns they now smuggle drugs, illegal drink and counterfeit cigarettes etc.

So in short, they're just criminals.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.