The importance of Nike in the sports industry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bluesteel
Im working on a little project in school and since alot of people communicate in this forum I thought I'd give it a shot, and ask if you know anything about the matter which I might not know or be able to find out myself.

We all know that Nike is one of the if not THE most used brand in the sporting industry if we are looking at equipment.

Now can you tell me if you know anything about Nike's development in the sporting equipment area ?

Or rather how important has Nike's development in sporting equipment field been to sports? What "first steps" have they done that you know of and how has their development increased the standard of sports today?

Your replies are very much appriciated.

Thank you very much.

botankus
Does Nike make anything besides shoes and commercials?

Or pertaining to sports equipment, do they make jockstraps?

Bicnarok
They have a tick thing as their brand

Slay
Nike bought the iconic ''Swoosh'' logo from a student at New York University for 25 bucks.

Smasandian
So?

Bluesteel
Well I do know that they make all sorts of sporting equipment so its not limited to shoes

vandalworks
i think a comment must be made on the nike air jordans, one of the best selling shoes of all time, even outselling the sandal often worn by those who cimbine with white socks=]

Smasandian
Nike was integral to the marketing of sports, but as an equipment manufacturer, I was under the impression that they just started to make sporting equipment in the past 15 years so I would be useful to look at the older main brands.

jaden101
Looks like subtle spamming to me. Then again, I'm a naturally suspicious person.

Slay
Originally posted by Smasandian
So?
Well, you know, thought he might be able to use it as a fun fact and that.

Smasandian
Ah, I thought it was more like, "Nike sucks balls because they couldn't even design their own symbol" way.

Sorry dude.

jinXed by JaNx
Nike makes small children cry. Sweatshops are bad sad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.