catch nightcrawler

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chomperx9
who can catch nightcrawler ?

of course flash or superman would grab night crawler before kurt would see it coming but if they where to grab him he would just teleport somewhere else.

who ever catches nightcrawler it has to be a permanent catch. the question is who can do it and how ?

The Nuul
Blink

Wei Phoenix
Cyclops blasts him and then grabs him.

Trackz
emma frostt maybee

chomperx9
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
Cyclops blasts him and then grabs him. kurt is to quick for cyclops

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by chomperx9
kurt is to quick for cyclops

What?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/1v6part2.jpg

The Nuul
As long as Scott can predict him he will win. Like in that scan, others has done the same in the past.

PRAYERRUN
Captain America could figure out where he's gonna appear next, then knock him out with his shield.

Nighty101
What?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/Cyclops/1v6part2.jpg

ha ha not so. One, if its just Nightcrawler vrs. Scott he couldn't predict Kurt's moves because the only reason he hit Kurt was because of the other X-Men. If it was a one on one thing Kurt would just annoy the crap outta scott. And even if someone would be able to grab him it would only be for a split second before he ported away on his own.
And don't tell me he'd have to port Scott with him.
In a comic versus deadpool and durring the war in Wolverine and the X-Men from 2:24 to 2:33 that Kurt can teleport things off of people without teleporting them with it. He teleported the head off the sentinal at that point in time. I'll even give you the link!
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Y38ORA8N
see? Kurt could just teleport Scott's arm off. Ha ha, good luck activating ur lasers then.

Enyalus
Doom.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Nighty101
ha ha not so. One, if its just Nightcrawler vrs. Scott he couldn't predict Kurt's moves because the only reason he hit Kurt was because of the other X-Men. If it was a one on one thing Kurt would just annoy the crap outta scott. And even if someone would be able to grab him it would only be for a split second before he ported away on his own.
And don't tell me he'd have to port Scott with him.
In a comic versus deadpool and durring the war in Wolverine and the X-Men from 2:24 to 2:33 that Kurt can teleport things off of people without teleporting them with it. He teleported the head off the sentinal at that point in time. I'll even give you the link!
http://www.megavideo.com/?v=Y38ORA8N
see? Kurt could just teleport Scott's arm off. Ha ha, good luck activating ur lasers then.

How can you be this ignorant? You're saying that the only reason why Scott hit him was because he was multitasking at the time with the other X-Men and he can't do it if he was just focused on Kurt?

Do you mind telling me how Scott can't hit NC when he is completely focused on him as opposed to him hitting NC while focusing on his entire team?

The cartoons are not canon to the comics so anything Kurt does there is not applicable here. Cyclops even narrates himself that he can predict where NC will be.

KingD19
In the comics Nightcrawler has ported a strapped helmet off of a man's head.

And he only judged where he was going because that was a favored tactic of Kurt, especially since he thought Scott would be kept busy with the others. In a one on one fight, do you think Kurt will do something so obvious?

rotiart
agreed. Scott is a master tactician. He has cleared out a room full of people before.
As team leader he studys the teams abilities and knows how to coordinate them. Also, current Scott is written a bitmore ruthless than in the past. Nightcrawler Wouldnt half scott body parts off. Also he would have access to the xavier files which he wouldntb even need. Except for a telepaths wide angle attacks scots agile abilities make him tv perfect opponent for nightcrawler.

LDHZenkai
Apocalypse probably could do it if he wanted to actually keep him. He does have access to super advanced tech and can teleport as well.

KingD19
And Nightcrawler hasn't? Kurt routinely speedblitzes rooms full of soldiers before they can react. He's multiple times knocked out 4 or more people before the 1st one hits the floor.

If Scott has access to the Xavier files, why wouldn't Kurt? And Kurt can port his limbs off, a version of him was known for it.

And you're forgetting that Kurt is an excellent fighter, who has better reflexes and agility than Scott.

chomperx9
Originally posted by KingD19
And Nightcrawler hasn't? Kurt routinely speedblitzes rooms full of soldiers before they can react. He's multiple times knocked out 4 or more people before the 1st one hits the floor.

If Scott has access to the Xavier files, why wouldn't Kurt? And Kurt can port his limbs off, a version of him was known for it.

And you're forgetting that Kurt is an excellent fighter, who has better reflexes and agility than Scott. i agree there.

KingD19
I thank you Chomper.

rotiart
First off cyclops routinely reviews the files... He's the headmaster... Nightcrawler isn't... So yeah that's why kurt can't read them.

Second just cause a non canon kurt can do it doesn't take away from his ability to do it, but the canon one WOULDNT do it. Self imposed heroistic restricions...

And his bodily agility may be better but Scott only has to twitch his eyes no his whole body... You can't compare tuning your head to turning an entire body...

And Scott has disarmed an entire room so quickly even wolverine didn't want to mess with Scott...

And scott tacticle skills have been shown to be a direct comparison I captain America...

StiltmanFTW

And you're forgetting that Kurt is an excellent fighter, who has better reflexes and agility than Scott.

Teleblitz =/= speedblitz stick out tongue

You do have a point, though. Not to mention that Kurt's stronger'n'more durable than Scott.

KingD19
Scott has to use his arms to adjust the visor and let the beam through, in the time it takes him to do that, Kurt could port, get a lick in, then port to a new spot. In an actual fight, his physical capabilities, unpredictability, strength, speed, and reflexes give him the win. In the same pic with Cyke hitting Nightcrawler as he ported, it also showed him expecting to miss Kurt, showing he's fast enough to dodge it.

And now that I think about it, reviewing the files is useless really. THey've both known each other for years, and their powers aren't a mystery, neither is their fighting styles, so why would he need to look at the files.

chomperx9
Originally posted by rotiart
First off cyclops routinely reviews the files... He's the headmaster... Nightcrawler isn't... So yeah that's why kurt can't read them.

Second just cause a non canon kurt can do it doesn't take away from his ability to do it, but the canon one WOULDNT do it. Self imposed heroistic restricions...

And his bodily agility may be better but Scott only has to twitch his eyes no his whole body... You can't compare tuning your head to turning an entire body...

And Scott has disarmed an entire room so quickly even wolverine didn't want to mess with Scott...

And scott tacticle skills have been shown to be a direct comparison I captain America... who decides 1st of all if a character in that book is cannon or not ? i don't see written on any book or on any characters face that he or she is cannon or not. just cause you don't like what the writer came up with that doesn't verify that what happened is cannon or not.

KingD19
It was AoA Nightcrawler actually, and he ported Deadpool's head off. And Proudstar's finger.

Raoul
Scott has to use his arms to adjust the visor and let the beam through, in the time it takes him to do that, Kurt could port, get a lick in, then port to a new spot. In an actual fight, his physical capabilities, unpredictability, strength, speed, and reflexes give him the win. In the same pic with Cyke hitting Nightcrawler as he ported, it also showed him expecting to miss Kurt, showing he's fast enough to dodge it.

And now that I think about it, reviewing the files is useless really. THey've both known each other for years, and their powers aren't a mystery, neither is their fighting styles, so why would he need to look at the files.

he doesn't have to use his hands to fire, though. to change the beam width and intensity, yes, he does, but to fire? no. it opens automatically to whatever preset size its set at.

KingD19
Forgot about that, but still, Kurt has dodged an almost point blank shot before, I don't think Scott can dodge Kurt porting around him in circles and punching him in the face.

Raoul
Forgot about that, but still, Kurt has dodged an almost point blank shot before, I don't think Scott can dodge Kurt porting around him in circles and punching him in the face.

he doesn't need to if he can predict the most likely direction kurt is going to attack from, which he has done before...

psycho gundam
the vanisher could catch him, his teleportation is faster and has less limitation than nightcrawler's.

and the invisible woman could with ease.

KingD19
But in a serious fight, I doubt he can predict Kurt's moves.

chomperx9
Originally posted by psycho gundam
the vanisher could catch him, his teleportation is faster and has less limitation than nightcrawler's.

and the invisible woman could with ease. but the 2nd he catches him kurt would just teleport somwhere else. who ever catches him it has to be for good.

Wei Phoenix

When has Kurt ever speedblitzed someone? I didn't know his speed was comparable to Supermans.

Scott knows his team like the back of his hand. What do you mean Scott expected to miss? He said "I just have to hit him as he materializes" He materialized and he blasted him with a bingo. How does that show he planned on missing?

KingD19
I meant when he hit Wolverine, he expected Kurt to dodge the 1st shot, which he did, from near point blank range.

And you think Kurt doesn't know Scott just as well? Saying he doesn't is ignorant.

And a speedblitz is a speedblitz, I don't care if it's Flash, Black Adam, Superman, Or Nightcrawler. When you teleport around a room, and knock everyone unconscious before the 1st person you hit falls to the ground.(This is spanning a few seconds at most). It's a speedblitz.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by chomperx9
but the 2nd he catches him kurt would just teleport somwhere else. who ever catches him it has to be for good.

Thats a stupid rule. For that to happen they would have to incap him or shut off his teleportation.

Doom does it easily.Originally posted by chomperx9
who decides 1st of all if a character in that book is cannon or not ? i don't see written on any book or on any characters face that he or she is cannon or not. just cause you don't like what the writer came up with that doesn't verify that what happened is cannon or not.

Did this NC who removes limbs appear in the 616 universe that wasn't a what if?

It was AoA Nightcrawler actually, and he ported Deadpool's head off. And Proudstar's finger.

Here's your answer, thats not canon. If it was then The Juggernaut would be dead.

chomperx9
that's a stupid rule. For that to happen they would have to incap him or shut off his teleportation.
that's what makes it a challenge. if it wasn't a permanent catch then 100s of folks would be able to grab him in a snap.

KingD19
It proves that he can do it though, and 616 Kurt has teleported a man's helmet, strapped firmly to his head, off, without killing the man. If he can do that, he can port a limb. As someone has stated before, 616 Kurt more than likely won't do that, but it doesn't mean he can't.

Wei Phoenix
It proves that he can do it though, and 616 Kurt has teleported a man's helmet, strapped firmly to his head, off, without killing the man. If he can do that, he can port a limb. As someone has stated before, 616 Kurt more than likely won't do that, but it doesn't mean he can't.

Since we're talking about being out of character then Scott takes off his visor and delivers a full powered OB all around him.

A character won't do something that is against their beliefs. Teleporitng a helmet off is something he'll do seeing as it doesn't kill nor incredibly hurt someone. Taking a limb is a whole different story and it would probably kill them. Him not wanting to do it is the same thing as him not being able to do it in the end. He can but he won't especially against a hero.

KingD19
That's what I said, he can do it, but he won't. I'm just stating the fact that it can be done.

And if Scott takes off the visor, blasting everything in front of him, Kurt ports behind him, and kicks him in the back of the head.

Wei Phoenix
That's what I said, he can do it, but he won't. I'm just stating the fact that it can be done.

And if Scott takes off the visor, blasting everything in front of him, Kurt ports behind him, and kicks him in the back of the head.

I said all around him.

What does mentioning something he won't accomplish? I may as well say Cyclops flies him into space and suffocates him. What does that mean? That means I also said something that wouldn't happen in this fight.

KingD19
His full beam isn't a 360.

No, you said something that couldn't happen in this fight. What I said is extremely unlikely, but it is possible.

Wei Phoenix
His full beam isn't a 360.

No, you said something that couldn't happen in this fight. What I said is extremely unlikely, but it is possible.

What both of us said was something that won't happen. The scenario is to catch him and nothing else, its not to kill him or maim anyone so why would he even try it? There is no logical explanation as to why he would try to pull a move in this situation.

Do you think Scott is going to be stupid and just take it off and attack first? Take it off wait for him to attack or materialize and blast him.

You people are too funny here. You say Scott can't hit him or predict his movements, we show you that he can and did and you still say no.

KingD19
And it was shown that Kurt can dodge his beams from point blank range, so it's obvious he can dodge from further than that. And once again, Scott said, Kurt liked to attack from above, so that's how he knew. Do you think he can predict Kurt's every port and move? Do you think Kurt will port above his head every single time?

Wei Phoenix
And it was shown that Kurt can dodge his beams from point blank range, so it's obvious he can dodge from further than that. And once again, Scott said, Kurt liked to attack from above, so that's how he knew. Do you think he can predict Kurt's every port and move? Do you think Kurt will port above his head every single time?

Has Kurt ever dodged a blast while materializing?

No he can't predict every single one but he can come close enough. He's an excellent field tactician and knows his team like the back of his hand.

KingD19
No, but Scott was only shown hitting him while materializing that one time so far as I know. And Kurt's a pretty good tactician himself, and he knows Scott just as well as Scott knows him. So I can say Kurt can predict how Scott will shoot his beams.

Wei Phoenix
No, but Scott was only shown hitting him while materializing that one time so far as I know. And Kurt's a pretty good tactician himself, and he knows Scott just as well as Scott knows him. So I can say Kurt can predict how Scott will shoot his beams.

Thats the one time he tried shooting him while materializing that I know of so, so far he's batting 1000. Kurt is a good tactician? I'm not the biggest Kurt expert, not an expert at all. Mind sharing some of his tactical prowess?

Placidity
I said all around him.

We're talking about Cyclops, not Havok. confused

Even if Cyke removed his visor, his blast covers a maximum of 180 degrees horizontally, even that may be exaggerated. Theres also the problem of the vertical angle. NC may teleport from directly above his head, or next to his feet.

KingD19
In several group battle's he's taken command, helped take down the biggest threat, even if it wasn't a known fact, I have no scans, but I've read him doing things like that several times. And Kurt has dodged bullets at point blank range, meaning he can dodge any shot of Cyclops. And as fast as he can port(multiple times in seconds), he can more than likely port again before a blast from Scott reaches him.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Placidity
We're talking about Cyclops, not Havok. confused

Even if Cyke removed his visor, his blast covers a maximum of 180 degrees horizontally, even that may be exaggerated. Theres also the problem of the vertical angle. NC may teleport from directly above his head, or next to his feet.

QUIET! I was countering idiocy with idiocy!

KingD19
I find that insulting and hurtful.....Dummy.

Wei Phoenix
I find that insulting and hurtful.....Dummy.

Shows how much you know Dummy is spelled with an I Happy Dance

KingD19
Awww damn, I knew I forgot to put the I in there.

rotiart
If the question is... Can cyclops take down nightcrawler... Yes

If the question is who can take down nightcrawler in the fastest time? I give it to any of with powerful tp like the white queen who can put kurt to sleep.

Raoul
But in a serious fight, I doubt he can predict Kurt's moves.

imo, there's no reason he can't. remember, it's cyclops' job to figure out the x-men's weaknesses, so he can make sure they don't get exploited. he supervised almost all the danger room training back in the day. if there was one person who could do it, it'd be scott...

KingD19
I'm not saying it's impossible to take down Kurt, but you guys are making it sound like Nightcrawler can't do anything to Cyclops.

Doctor-Alvis
Spider-man can catch Nightcrawler via punch to the mouth. If you mean like Nightcrawler never escapes at all, for life, Spider-man can do it via punch to the back of the head from the front of the head, but that's pretty uncharacteristic.

Also, leech maybe.

rotiart
I'm not saying it's impossible to take down Kurt, but you guys are making it sound like Nightcrawler can't do anything to Cyclops.

Just been arguing what was within character for both

The xavier files are xavier personal thoughts on all xmen and Scott as headmaster is yhenonly one with acccess...

Also you guys argued that kurt would do this or that when he never has... At least not 616 kurt...

Scott spends his waking days figuring out battle scenarios...
Jury spends it as a
Pastor praying and reading...

Raoul

not saying that at all. if cyke isn't on his game, nightcrawler is going to wtfpwn him. plus, cyclops won't always guess the right attack direction...

KingD19
I say Leech has the best chance of stopping him, or maybe Elixir if he can figure out how to mess with his powers.

Nighty101
Originally posted by rotiart

And scott tacticle skills have been shown to be a direct comparison I captain America...

He would if Cyke was trying to beam his head off!

Wei Phoenix
He would if Cyke was trying to beam his head off!

Cyclops isn't trying to kill him in this fight.

Nighty101
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Spider-man can catch Nightcrawler via punch to the mouth. If you mean like Nightcrawler never escapes at all, for life, Spider-man can do it via punch to the back of the head from the front of the head, but that's pretty uncharacteristic.

Also, leech maybe.

DUMBEST POST EVER
Kurt can teleport from bullets! He MURDERS in hand to hand combat which is why both Leech and Spidey are dead meat. Even withut his powers he kicks ass. And the comics have proved it.

james2099
quicksilver??

KingD19
Kurt fought Spidey before, and he was holding his own, actually surprising Spidey with his uberness.

Wei Phoenix
DUMBEST POST EVER
Kurt can teleport from bullets! He MURDERS in hand to hand combat which is why both Leech and Spidey are dead meat. Even withut his powers he kicks ass. And the comics have proved it.

Really now? I should make a NC H2H gauntlet. Show us some of his powerless kick ass feats Nighty. Post something or at least give reference to one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.