SAW: The Videogame

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/tag/@previews,konami-gamers-night-2009/

Unbelievable.

I am who I am
This game is gonna suck.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by I am who I am
This game is gonna suck.

Care to explain why?

Kazenji
I'm expecting the old "Its based on a movie and movie games always fail" response...

I am who I am
Originally posted by Kazenji
I'm expecting the old "Its based on a movie and movie games always fail" response... Yup

Games based off of movies are usually garbage and I don't think this game will actually work if you play it how the movies are. Not enough action to make a game out of, imo.

Nemesis X
Yup

Games based off of movies are usually garbage and I don't think this game will actually work if you play it how the movies are. Not enough action to make a game out of, imo.

For the record I think the unknown character you're playing hasn't been in the movies so it's possible that this is gonna have a different cast of characters and plot so if it doesn't have what we've seen in the movies (other than the violence and freaky ass torture tools), this game may turn out well (or not).

I am who I am
I just hope there is some action. Like RE or SH.

Nemesis X
I just hope there is some action. Like RE or SH.

Not sure if I read Joystiq right but I believe it said it likes a combo between Silent Hill and Condemned: Criminal Origins. Sounds good.

Kazenji

Games based off of movies are usually garbage .

Not all have'nt been.

Nemesis X
Well I got word from IGN and they said this game won't come out until October. Also, this game is published by Konami and the developer is Zombie. Does anyone know a game company called Zombie because I never heard of it.

Nemesis X
What a surprise. This game will have the Unreal 3 engine.

I am who I am
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Not sure if I read Joystiq right but I believe it said it likes a combo between Silent Hill and Condemned: Criminal Origins. Sounds good. Well, that's cool, my hopes still aint up, tho. I mean, a SAW game?! C'mon.

Nephthys
The cash-cows teats are gonna be sore in the morning.

Nemesis X
Well, that's cool, my hopes still aint up, tho. I mean, a SAW game?! C'mon.

Hey, SAW can be a good horror game. Not only do you have to play Jigsaw's games, but you'll also travel around in his Asylum full of people convinced by Jigsaw that if they kill you, they'll go free. Plus, the weird environment of SAW in a game you'll roam around in will just feel creepy.

You're forgetting that Konami is helping to make this game. They're good at violent horror games. Just look at Silent Hill.

Nemesis X
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/04/13/joystiq-hands-on-saw/

More intel from Joystiq on SAW.

Nemesis X
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwbB3szZuZc

Awesome. Check out this gameplay vid.

Wei Phoenix
THis has potential to sink or swim.

Bluesteel
While games based on movies often do suck there are exspetions. It's all about the skill and creative minds behind them. The Thing is a good example of how it should be done.

And lets be fair Konami knows their horror stuff, I have faith in this one for now, lets wait for trailers and stuff before we make any conclusions if it will suck or not.

Nemesis X
Movie based games suck because the wrong company makes them. Now that Konami is making a game based on one of the goriest movies ever, I don't think this will fail.

Kazenji
bi70TGtovAE

Nemesis X
bi70TGtovAE

Looks good.

Kazenji
Agreed, another good game thats based on a movie rare for those these days.

Nemesis X
Agreed, another good game thats based on a movie rare for those these days.

When has Konami ever failed us?

jaden101
Originally posted by Nemesis X
When has Konami ever failed us?

Just about every time they do a bad PAL port of winning eleven.

Which is just about every time.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by jaden101
Just about every time they do a bad PAL port of winning eleven.

Which is just about every time.

Okay they may have screwed up on that but they never screwed up on other games and they most certainly won't screw up on SAW.

samanthahearts
this will clearly be awful

Kazenji
I don't think so i've seen alot worst then this game.

Nemesis X
To make the game creepy, the character you'll be playing will have a person hunting you down while wearing a red robe and a pig mask. It'll be sorta like Pyramid Head hunting you down in SH2.

Kazenji
Theres a review for it now

6.5 it got out of 10

This flawed horror adventure gets the atmosphere right, though it isn't as sharp as it could have been.

The Good-

Nails the atmosphere of the Saw films Some of the puzzles are quite good Great voice acting.

The Bad-

The combat stinks A few of the timed sections are highly frustrating Gets repetitive.

http://au.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/saw/review.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.