The World is Zombified: Who do you want protecting you?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Starscream M
You wake up one morning, turn on the news and see that overnight, people have been turning into zombies...where being bitten transforms you into a zombie. For this scenario, the zombies will be like the ones in the movie "28 Days Later"...meaning they're fierce, hungry, and fast and attack in packs.

Your town, located in Kansas, USA is safe for the next 2 hours before zombies start invading it. You, being a wealthy and well-connected comic fanboy, have the option of hiring one of the following comic teams to get you safely to a safehouse in NYC, the epicenter of the infection. Which team do you hire? Anyone you hire get access to their standard carry-on equipment. There will be no air transportation for your journey however.

Teams:

1. Blade and Spider-Man

2. Wolverine and Punisher

3. Captain America and Black Panther

4. Iron Fist and Daredevil

5. Elektra and Bullseye

Enyalus
Team Three. CA's got the ridiculously durable shield, BP's got vibranium armor to protect him from getting bitten and turned, plus amazing tech via the BP connection.

AlmightyKfish
Team 2.

Mainly due to the fact Logan won't get zombiefied and Frank has an insane arsenal of weapons.

But then again, Black Panther could just bring Wakanda war tech and own everyone, so Team 3 would also be good.

Survivor19
Team 2...

Warlord
Chuck Norris

Mindset
Team 3.

Black Panther equipment. smile

Starscream M
edited the equipment stipulation

only standard carryon equipment allowed.

Starscream M
Originally posted by AlmightyKfish

Mainly due to the fact Logan won't get zombiefied we don't know that for a fact

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by Starscream M
we don't know that for a fact

Why not? His healing factor fights off like, all disease.

And the virus from 28 days/weeks later is just a virus, not anything mystical, so there's no reason why he wouldn't be immune.

Mindset

And the virus from 28 days/weeks later is just a virus, not anything mystical, so there's no reason why he wouldn't be immune. Depends

Starscream M

And the virus from 28 days/weeks later is just a virus, not anything mystical, so there's no reason why he wouldn't be immune. his body would fight off something harmful...it might not register the zombie virus as necessarily bad if the virus fools the body into thinking it's merely changing the host's brain function and not killing or harming it

anyways, I'll just say it won't be a certainty for this scenario that logan won't turn if bitten...that's a risk to factor in

Survivor19
MZ virus is not mystical as well, but affects Logan just fine.

In fact, nobody sees Logan resisting berserker-state-inducing virus, or cannibalizing for that matter...

In that case, i'd prefer to go with Colossus/Juggernaut team... Too bad it isn't in OP.

nimbus006
Team 3.

I believe adamantium claws and conventional firearms are the best (of the available) weapons against zombies.

Plus, Wolvie's healing factor doesn't hurt.

I'm kind of torn between 3 and 5, however.

Deathstroke has some solid firepower, and bats equipment is the shiznit.

They're also the best h2h combination of the group IMO.

Plus, I would consider the batmobile as a part of Bats standard equipment, and if I can ride around in that, I think I'll be just fine.

Hey, what the hell? Why were Bats and Deathstroke taken off?

Starscream M
nimbus, I removed the batman/deathstroke team...sorry

nimbus006
nimbus, I removed the batman/deathstroke team...sorry

I see that mad

Looks like my decision has become much easier.

Team 3 it is.

Starscream M
you mean team 2, right?

nimbus006
you mean team 2, right?

Yes, was the order switched? confused

Mr. Immortal
Team 3, Cap never leaves a man behind.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mr. Immortal
Team 3, Cap never leaves a man behind.

In this particular case, if you are wounded, it's probably better if they do leave you behind.

Unless, of course, the cause of your injury is not zombie related. wink

Mr. Immortal
Originally posted by nimbus006
In this particular case, if you are wounded, it's probably better if they do leave you behind.

Unless, of course, the cause of your injury is not zombie related. wink

LOL. It's probably more fun being a zombie anyway.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Mr. Immortal
LOL. It's probably more fun being a zombie anyway.

I highly doubt it. stick out tongue

Digi
Presuming we're eliminating Wakandan tech (which would make it a landslide for team 3), I'd go with Team 1. A vampire hunter and the most elusive guy in the thread. Zombies aren't very mobile. Can't imagine they could catch Spidey as he jumps from rooftop to rooftop. The rest they would have an easier job of tracking down and swarming eventually.

Still Team 3 in a close 2nd, even with only standard equipment. Kicking ass and protecting are two different things, and Logan and Frank are decidely better at the first, but I wouldn't trust them so much at the 2nd.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Digi
Presuming we're eliminating Wakandan tech (which would make it a landslide for team 3), I'd go with Team 1. A vampire hunter and the most elusive guy in the thread. Zombies aren't very mobile. Can't imagine they could catch Spidey as he jumps from rooftop to rooftop. The rest they would have an easier job of tracking down and swarming eventually.

Still Team 3 in a close 2nd, even with only standard equipment. Kicking ass and protecting are two different things, and Logan and Frank are decidely better at the first, but I wouldn't trust them so much at the 2nd.

In terms of long range attacks, which is extremely important in "zombie combat" Cap and BP lack the desired tools for the job.

Blade is experienced in fighting the undead, Ill give you that.

And he does have some long ranged ammo, but nothing on par with Frank.

IMO, having the ability to kill from a distance before they can swarm you is of the highest importance.

Frank and Blade would probably be the best combo for this particular situation.

AlmightyKfish
Originally posted by nimbus006
In terms of long range attacks, which is extremely important in "zombie combat" Cap and BP lack the desired tools for the job.

Blade is experienced in fighting the undead, Ill give you that.

And he does have some long ranged ammo, but nothing on par with Frank.

IMO, having the ability to kill from a distance before they can swarm you is of the highest importance.

Especially as 28 day zombies don't even need to bite you.
If infected blood just goes in your eye or an open wound you get infected and change within minutes.

nimbus006
Especially as 28 day zombies don't even need to bite you.
If infected blood just goes in your eye or an open wound you get infected and change within minutes.

yes

Which is exactly why punching and physical combat might not be the best way to go about this scenario.

Tenebrous
why would i want to go to a safe house which is somehow located in the epicenter of the infection? are you talking about something akin to dr. neville's house the I Am Legend movie?

anyway I'll pick team 5. i'm a native of nyc so i know how to avoid big crowds at any given part of the day when i dont want to be bothered. so bullseye is the only one i'll need in the odd encounter. elektra can just distract them

but the only real choice would really be 1 man, Magneto.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Tenebrous

but the only real choice would really be 1 man, Magneto.

Yes, yes he is.

Philosophía
Batman.

If he's not there, I'd rather be on my own.

Or with Power Girl.

shokosugi
Superman

Mindset

D_Dude1210
Team 2.

GBP and Cap would be pretty decent at moving around stealthily and avoid the zombie mass and BP might be able to come up with a cure or at least a vaccine. Even if he doesn't, at least the hope of it remains.

Else it would be a verrryyy deppressing existence.

D_Dude1210
I'd pick bullseye and elektra if I didn't know for sure that Elektra would go for Bullseye and not me, leaving me to be there solo while those 2 get it on every chance they get.

I'll prolly end up jumping into a mass of zombies after a few months.

steverules_2
Team 2, Punisher cause he'd have long range and close range weapons and cause wolverine is very durable and is the best fighter/H2H fighters in the marvel universe and his adamantium claws are just a bonus

Mindset
Originally posted by steverules_2
wolverine is very durable and is the best fighter/H2H fighters in the marvel universe not really

steverules_2
Originally posted by Mindset
not really

He can be beaten by brute strength and so on but he's still a good fighter and one of the best if not the best in the marvel universe...but if you choose to think differently then thats your choice smile

StiltmanFTW
we don't know that for a fact

He healed from lycanthropy. I heard he'd healed from vampirism, too. Zombie virus shouldn't be much of a problem.

golem370
Team One for me speed, reaction time, spider-sense, and webbing

Newjak
All I can say is what takes down a Zombie quicker than anything

HEADSHOTS

And who here is the best at dome-piecing people

BULLSEYE!!!!!!!

So as long as the teams are actually guaranteed to help protect and not turn on ya. I'm going with the guy with perfect aim and stopping by a gun store at every chance.

golem370
ammo runs out. Spider-Man and Blade have super speed agility and reflexes they can out manuver the zombies and Spider-Man can detect danger before it happens and Blade has guns. Spider-Man could web up hundreds of zombies by luring them into a dead end and webbing it closed

Blade gear- http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Brooks_%28Earth-616%29#Paraphernalia

Bouboumaster
Team due: Wolverine would destroy them all, and so is Frank with his arsenal.

Newjak
Originally posted by golem370
ammo runs out. Spider-Man and Blade have super speed agility and reflexes they can out manuver the zombies and Spider-Man can detect danger before it happens and Blade has guns. Spider-Man could web up hundreds of zombies by luring them into a dead end and webbing it closed

Blade gear- http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Eric_Brooks_%28Earth-616%29#Paraphernalia Bullseye can throw pebbles like bullets

He can spit a tooth with enough force to kill someone.

I'm not worried about Bullseye running out of things to throw.

Starscream M
yeah I agree with newjak...bullseye would be a superb choice against zombies.

however, I'd worry a little about having him as my protector though...although elektra's sure to keep him in check.

Trackz
wolverine would be splattering blood everywhere though, if it so much as touches you, you'd become infected...blade taking the zombies out long-range while spiderman swung around keeping you safe would probably be the best combination.

Starscream M
Originally posted by Trackz
wolverine would be splattering blood everywhere though, if it so much as touches you, you'd become infected...blade taking the zombies out long-range while spiderman swung around keeping you safe would probably be the best combination. under my scenario, the zombies need to bite you to infect you.

Trackz
under my scenario, the zombies need to bite you to infect you. oooh, wolverine would be a fine choice then haha

Newjak

however, I'd worry a little about having him as my protector though...although elektra's sure to keep him in check. That's why I said in my first post, if it was guaranteed they would try to help and protect me unconditionally.

Otherwise I would be more afraid of Bullseye killing me then the zombies.

occultdestroyer
I believe the TS was referring to standard, slow-paced zombies, not the "28 Days" kind of zombies.

I choose Team 2. Wolvie's too fast for the zombies. The chance of him getting bitten is very slim. He'll just keep slashing the zombies.

golem370
Spider-Man and Blade is my pick.

StiltmanFTW
under my scenario, the zombies need to bite you to infect you.

True, in most zombie-verses zombies have to make contact with broken skin.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by occultdestroyer
I choose Team 2. Wolvie's too fast for the zombies. The chance of him getting bitten is very slim. He'll just keep slashing the zombies.

Zombie Hand ninjas couldn't lay a finger on Wolverine in Agent of S.H.I.E.L.D. And there were hundreds of them. So yeah, I don't really see a problem with regular ones.

kgkg
I will go solo by pretending to be Zombified. If that does not work then Team 1.

StiltmanFTW
Well, it worked in Kirkman's The Walking Dead series. Two characters rubbed their clothes with zombie innards and the stench was enough to fool the undead.

kgkg
^I think it also worked in Shaun of the Dead wink

steverules_2

however, I'd worry a little about having him as my protector though...although elektra's sure to keep him in check.

I seem to remember bullseye killing elektra

Starscream M
Originally posted by steverules_2
I seem to remember bullseye killing elektra but I doubt he would in this scenario...it doesn't benefit him at all

Mindset
under my scenario, the zombies need to bite you to infect you. So they're like Dawn of the DEad remake, Zombies

illadelph12
I'd pick Wolverine and Punisher because of all the teams listed (and given the stipulations), I see them as the most likely team to just chop down anything that gets in our way indiscriminately. If it were a major city I'd say Spiderman and Blade because we could just stick to the rooftops but from flat ass Kansas to NYC is a long trek, and T'Challa would be my first choice if he could just call in airstrikes via his Kimoyo Card but he's limited to what he has on him. Does he carry his teleportation toads regularly?

ThunderGodEneru
No one kills zombies like these two.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g60/cuervomagno/shauned.jpg

horrorwolf
Team 3, BP ftw.

Kris Blaze
I go with team 2 or team 3

psycho gundam
team one.

spider-man can tell whenever the zombies get too close to the hideout. his strength is second to none in this thread, hurling cars at packs of zombies and creating makeshift barriers with his strength and webbing are to big of an asset to pass up.

and he can get the team out of any situation by web swinging, closest thing to flight here.

and i don't think blade sleeps, he's good to have around when the others get tired. plus he's more than capable of holding off a huge pack of zombies.

golem370
Spider-Man makes a webbing style fly paper trap in an area of 2600 sq feet placed on the ground. He and Blade leads the zombies to the trap.

Webbing- http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Peter_Parker_%28Earth-616%29#Paraphernalia

LDHZenkai
team one or team 2.

geshien
2, 3 or 5 are all fine.

Avlon
Team 1.

Blade has experience with this sort of thing. Zombies are ghetto versions of vampires...and Blade has no problem killing them en mass.

Spidey's speed, strength, spider sense, gadgets, and even webbing are all useful against a horde of enemies, making it even easier for Blade to finish them off.

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
He healed from lycanthropy. I heard he'd healed from vampirism, too. Zombie virus shouldn't be much of a problem.

confused

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l318/rave74/zombies4.jpg confused confused

StiltmanFTW
facepalm

It's not canon. And it's not the same zombie virus, it really can't be compared with.

Hyperion Prime
Just saying in some multiverse it happened.

psycho gundam
even galactus was a zombie.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Mindset
That's not at all gay.

laughing

Sin I AM
t'challa or blade, always bet on black baby

Placidity
Originally posted by golem370
Spider-Man makes a webbing style fly paper trap in an area of 2600 sq feet placed on the ground. He and Blade leads the zombies to the trap.

I really like this idea.

You can also seal doors with webbing, no way the zombies are breaking through that.

Galan007
Ash. No one else.

OneDumbG0
^ "All right, you primitive screw-heads, listen up! See this? This... is my boomstick!"

Also, current Spiderman would likely run out of webbing between Kansas and New York City.

Original Smurph
Team Wolverine/Punisher

Trained killing machines with the versatility that Frank offers, and Logan's senses to detect danger.

Raoul
You wake up one morning, turn on the news and see that overnight, people have been turning into zombies...where being bitten transforms you into a zombie. For this scenario, the zombies will be like the ones in the movie "28 Days Later"...meaning they're fierce, hungry, and fast and attack in packs.

Your town, located in Kansas, USA is safe for the next 2 hours before zombies start invading it. You, being a wealthy and well-connected comic fanboy, have the option of hiring one of the following comic teams to get you safely to a safehouse in NYC, the epicenter of the infection. Which team do you hire? Anyone you hire get access to their standard carry-on equipment. There will be no air transportation for your journey however.

Teams:

1. Blade and Spider-Man

2. Wolverine and Punisher

3. Captain America and Black Panther

4. Iron Fist and Daredevil

5. Elektra and Bullseye

whichever team can provide armoured transportation.

leaning towards logan and frank, though... mostly due to logan's senses, as i don't see guns as being that useful...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.