Can only certain species use the force?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Anon E. Mous
I know that jedi and sith can be of many different species, but some you never see. For example, why no Wookie Jedi? They are a sentient species, so why not? BTW, Wookie+lightsaber=Awsome!!

Anon E. Mous
One large example of this is the battle of Geonosis. A large majority of the jedi there were either human or human-like (Luminara, Ki-Adi-Mundi)

Definitely they were all humanoid species, I have only seen ~2 jedi that weren't humanoid.

Captain REX
There actually WAS a Wookiee Jedi, Master Tyvokka. He was on the Jedi Council shortly before the events of TPM, but was killed during a mission by pirates.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/b/b3/Tyvokka.jpg/250px-Tyvokka.jpg

And then Chewbacca's cousin, Lowbacca, was trained as a Jedi during the rise of Luke Skywalker's Jedi Order. Dunno much about him, though.

Hewhoknowsall
Originally posted by Captain REX
There actually WAS a Wookiee Jedi, Master Tyvokka. He was on the Jedi Council shortly before the events of TPM, but was killed during a mission by pirates.

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/thumb/b/b3/Tyvokka.jpg/250px-Tyvokka.jpg

And then Chewbacca's cousin, Lowbacca, was trained as a Jedi during the rise of Luke Skywalker's Jedi Order. Dunno much about him, though.

LOL that looks SO funny.

Rex changed his avatar!

Wookies are humanoid/humanlike in a way.

Anon E. Mous
Thanks, i have never heard of Tyvokka.

Anon E. Mous
Wasn't there an insane jedi that Starkiller killed that had 4 arms and a staff-saber?

Anon E. Mous
I found a picture:
Sorry not 4 arms, but mechanical arms.

ares834
George has claimed there can be no more Wookie jedi. Also I read somewhere Ewoks and Vulpterens can't become jedi, becasue they don't have the mental apptitiude.

As for the most pathetic jedi is a the hutt jedi Beldorion.

Anon E. Mous
BTW, wookie and lightsaber did = awesome
smile

Lord Lucien
There was a Hutt Jedi. Or Dark Jedi.

Anon E. Mous
Ares already said that.

Lord Lucien
Yeah like I read the entire thread.

Anon E. Mous
it was the second-to-last post

Captain REX
Eh, don't bother...

The Aleena Jedi seen there is from The Force Unleashed; he has a pack on his back that allows him to use mechanical legs for mobility. There was also Master Choi from the earlier comics.

CadoAngelus
I can't imagine Geonosians being force sensitive?

Anon E. Mous
Its probably possible... but i don't know.

CadoAngelus
they seem too reliant on hierachy. they seem to have a structure similar to ants...

Anon E. Mous
I couldn't find anything about it online.

You're probably right, they are too hive-minded.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
they seem too reliant on hierachy. they seem to have a structure similar to ants... How does that prevent Force-sensitivity?

Anon E. Mous
On one of the roleplaying threads i found a guy whose character is a geonosian jedi named Xeth. Ush didn't have any problem with it, but i dont know...

Bespin Bart
Hah, that'd be my character. Created him shortly after Episode II came out.

It just seems that some species don't have any Force-users (Jedi or Sith alike) to represent themselves as being able to use the Force. Canonically there are no Geonosian Jedi that I know of.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.