Pre Retcon Beyonder vs Mr Mxyzptlk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Doom and Gloom
outcome?

Xplosive
Mxy doesn't stand any chance.

Galan007
Based on feats, he certainly does..

Anyhow, been done.

cloud102
World's Funnest Mxy is the only one I see standing a chance.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by cloud102
World's Funnest Mxy is the only one I see standing a chance. They are all the same

Always, mxy wins because of his incredible, and dumb feats

cloud102
Originally posted by xJLxKing
They are all the same

Always, mxy wins because of his incredible, and dumb feats

Probably, but it was an Elseworld's story. He sort of popped up everywhere, so I guess there is just one Mxy.

LDHZenkai
There is just one mxy. And pre retcon beyonder hasn't shown any feats different than mxys. mxys were just displayed to be a joke where as his were displayed to put the multiverse in peril. Stalemate

Doom and Gloom
I guess Mxy is capable of beating TOAA then

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Xplosive
Mxy doesn't stand any chance.

At least somebody has it right

Galan007
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
There is just one mxy. And pre retcon beyonder hasn't shown any feats different than mxys. mxys were just displayed to be a joke where as his were displayed to put the multiverse in peril. Stalemate I agree.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
I guess Mxy is capable of beating TOAA then
TOAA isn't in DC so i don't know. The Presence hasn't done anything to stop mxy when him and batmite are destroying universes. And the spectre had absolutely no power to stop EJ. At the end of it Mxy was the one that had to put the universe back the way it was with the spectre watching to make sure he didn't add in his own stuff. And like has been said and argued a thousand times, mxy's feats that he's shown to be able to do are above anyone else in the comic book world. They're just portrayed as jokes and not taken as canon. But when you're doing a versus to ignore his feats and only go by the playful things he does to superman is pretty lame. Especially since theres no indication that the mxy that does stuff in elseworlds or all the other comics is a diff mxy. It's been shown that it's all the same guy and he can just travel to diff comics or wherever b/c he wants to. In my opinion he's too powerful a character to be portrayed in a menacing way so he never is. This makes everyone think he's weak, despite the fact that nothing has been shown to be able to stop him from doing something he wants (outside of the PIS zantanna stripping him of his powers which aren't even magical and shouldn't have been able to be taken away since they're tech based).

Galan007
In my opinion he's too powerful a character to be portrayed in a menacing way so he never is. This holds true much more than not. However, he was portrayed as such in the Mxy Twins.

This is the incarnation that actually showed the ability to retcon specific characters on a whim. The Mxy Twins also took Perry to Emperor Joker's universe (which had supposedly been wiped clean from all existence by both Mxy, and Spectre.) I'd call that another type of retcon as well.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Galan007
This holds true much more than not. However, he was portrayed as such in the Mxy Twins.

This is the incarnation that actually showed the ability to retcon specific characters on a whim. The Mxy Twins also took Perry to Emperor Joker's universe (which had supposedly been wiped clean from all existence by both Mxy, and Spectre.) I'd call that another type of retcon as well.
yea the mxy twns rock. flying around deciding to retcon stuff to make it fit better to their convo.

Enyalus
This makes everyone think he's weak, despite the fact that nothing has been shown to be able to stop him from doing something he wants (outside of the PIS zantanna stripping him of his powers which aren't even magical and shouldn't have been able to be taken away since they're tech based).

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/Supes_scares_Mxy.jpg

shifty

Galan007
??

Astner
Powerscaling is fitting as they all operate on the same kind of power.

Classic Beyonder >> Classic Molecule man, the same way Classic Molecule man >> Captain America

Classic Molecule man > Living Tribunal

Classic Beyonder >> Classic Molecule man > Living Tribunal

The Living Tribunal held two Megaverses in his palm. Whereas Mxyzptlk destroyed a multiverse.

Enyalus
??
He said "nothing has been shown to be able to stop him from doing something he wants" ...

Well, Mxy wanted to play. Superman scared him off.

I also have a comic where Kull threatens to beat him up and he concedes...later on, a rabbit one-shots Kull.

Galan007
Originally posted by Astner
Powerscaling is fitting as they all operate on the same kind of power.

Classic Beyonder >> Classic Molecule man, the same way Classic Molecule man >> Captain America

Classic Molecule man > Living Tribunal

Classic Beyonder >> Classic Molecule man > Living Tribunal

The Living Tribunal held two Megaverses in his palm. Whereas Mxyzptlk destroyed a multiverse. A+B+C. thumb up

Ohh and the 'LT holding twin Megaverses' thing.... Yeah, to my knowledge it was only referenced in one official Marvel bio. Thus, it is non-canon.

wink

Originally posted by Enyalus
He said "nothing has been shown to be able to stop him from doing something he wants" ...

Well, Mxy wanted to play. Superman scared him off.

I also have a comic where Kull threatens to beat him up and he concedes...later on, a rabbit one-shots Kull. That's Mxy's 'usual' character though. I'm sure you don't think lesser characters like those, are truly above him in any way/shape/form?

Enyalus
That's Mxy's 'usual' character though. I'm sure you don't think lesser characters like those, are truly above him in any way/shape/form?
Annataz might be. evil face

Galan007
Annataz might be. evil face Except Prime specifically stated that she was not as powerful as Mxy:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1628521_mxy1.jpg

Hence the reason I've always viewed her being able to do anything to him, as PIS. biscuits

Enyalus
Except Prime specifically stated that she was not as powerful as Mxy:

Hence the reason I've always viewed her being able to do anything to him, as PIS. biscuits
Do I need to put up all the scans of people calling him stupid, and the like? uhuh Why should we believe him? And how can he 'sense' magic, anyway? stick out tongue

Galan007
Do I need to put up all the scans of people calling him stupid, and the like? uhuh Why should we believe him? And how can he 'sense' magic, anyway? stick out tongue

Most people call him names in an antagonistic manner - not because he is in some way, mentally deficient. big grin

And there i no reason to believe he couldn't sense magic with the guardian amp (why else would he have gone to the 5th-d and got Mxy?)

Enyalus
And there i no reason to believe he couldn't sense magic with the guardian amp (why else would he have gone to the 5th-d and got Mxy?)
oicurpoint

...Anywho, Beyonder FTW. stick out tongue

Doom and Gloom
Beyonder is to Mxy as Mxy is to Daredevil

LDHZenkai
except theres no on panel proof to support that. When was the last time someone showed an ability to stop/resist mxy's reality warping?

iceman24567
Beyonder is to Mxy as Mxy is to Daredevil Then why would you make this thread? thumb down

occultdestroyer
http://i41.tinypic.com/30rpugz.jpg

Astner
You're overestimating Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Captain America ≈ Daredevil

Beyonder >> Molecule man, in the same manner Molecule man >> Captain America.

So it should be, Beyonder is to Mxyztplk as Mxyzptlk is to shit under his shoe.

starlock
Mxy for the win

Galan007
You're overestimating Mr. Mxyzptlk.

Captain America ≈ Daredevil

Beyonder >> Molecule man, in the same manner Molecule man >> Captain America.

So it should be, Beyonder is to Mxyztplk as Mxyzptlk is to shit under his shoe. laughing

Hyperion Prime
The original Beyonder was a serious beast. He would kill Mxy. Heck he could just take his powers.

Warlord
Beyonder ftw

xJLxKing
There is nothing that shows PR Beyonder being more powerful. If you go by statement then Superman CA >>PR beyonder.

By feats it's a stalemate. By stupid feats Mxy>>Beyonder

Avlon
Except Prime specifically stated that she was not as powerful as Mxy:

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1628521_mxy1.jpg

Actually, as per that scan, Prime states "You keep saying stuff, but you aren't doing anything, but keeping Myx, that imp here."

Looks like she wasn't powerful enough to depower Mxy at all.

Merlyn
Classic Molecule man > Living Tribunal lets look solely at feats shall we?

molecule man let out a supposed 'billion' dimension-busting attack {which is cool but it's still several leagues below the infinity of a multiverse}
he fixed multiversal damage
caused multiversal tremors in his fight with beyonder

mxy destroyed an entire multiverse with ease and then blinked it all back into existence again.

by feats alone {not character comments} mxy >>> molecule man > LT

see that "logic" can work both ways. dur

There is nothing that shows PR Beyonder being more powerful. If you go by statement then Superman CA >>PR beyonder.

By feats it's a stalemate. By stupid feats Mxy>>Beyonder i guess statements only count as feats where beyonder is concerned. but the same people will jump all over your ass if you try and use any statements made regarding ca supes. lmfao.

Galan007
Originally posted by Avlon
Actually, as per that scan, Prime states "You keep saying stuff, but you aren't doing anything, but keeping Myx, that imp here."

Looks like she wasn't powerful enough to depower Mxy at all. Either way, it makes absolutely no sense that a weaker character would be able to affect Mxy in the slightest. That instance is nothing be sheer PIS.

cloud102
Didn't a powerless Mxy take a beating from Prime? That has to count for something. Happy Dance

Mxy FTW!

Xplosive
Originally posted by Merlyn
mxy destroyed an entire multiverse with ease and then blinked it all back into existence again.

by feats alone {not character comments} mxy >>> molecule man > LT

Wanda destroyed an Omniverse with a thought and remade it with a thought.

She tears them all apart then.

Avlon
Either way, it makes absolutely no sense that a weaker character would be able to affect Mxy in the slightest. That instance is nothing be sheer PIS.

Agreed. Besides, there is always protege on the Marvel side as an example of PIS gone wild.

quanchi112

By feats it's a stalemate. By stupid feats Mxy>>Beyonder Have you ever glanced at secret wars 2? Beyonder easily destroys Mxy.Originally posted by Galan007
Either way, it makes absolutely no sense that a weaker character would be able to affect Mxy in the slightest. That instance is nothing be sheer PIS. It is still canon.

Galan007
Originally posted by quanchi112
It is still canon. KMC rules prohibit the use of PIS as any sort of evidence. That said, a weaker character (Annataz) being able to inhibit the powers of a more powerful character (Mxy) makes no sense whatsoever, and literally defines PIS.

xJLxKing
^^I agree, but isn't everything PIS? Can't you apply PIS to everything.

Galan007
A character not functioning to the best of his/her ability, for the sake of the story = PIS.

quanchi112
KMC rules prohibit the use of PIS as any sort of evidence. That said, a weaker character (Annataz) being able to inhibit the powers of a more powerful character (Mxy) makes no sense whatsoever, and literally defines PIS. Who decides what's pis and what isn't. In either case Beyonder is more powerful than Mxy so he should be able to replicate the feat or outright destroy him due to his superior power.

quanchi112
^^I agree, but isn't everything PIS? Can't you apply PIS to everything. It's subjective and therein lies the problem.

xJLxKing
Who decides what's pis and what isn't. In either case Beyonder is more powerful than Mxy so he should be able to replicate the feat or outright destroy him due to his superior power.
Why is he more powerful?

quanchi112
Why is he more powerful? Did you read secret wars 2?

Galan007
Who decides what's pis and what isn't. The instance in question is the deciding factor.

quanchi112
The instance in question is the deciding factor. I don't consider it pis.

Galan007
^ Of course not. It makes perfect sense that a weaker character could muck with a more powerful chracter. duryes

quanchi112
^ Of course not. It makes perfect sense that a weaker character could muck with a more powerful chracter. duryes Due to sorcery. Why not?

Galan007
Just don't know why I take the time to respond to you intelligently. facepalm

quanchi112
Just don't know why I take the time to respond to you intelligently. facepalm I could say the same to a guy who ignores the comics themselves.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Merlyn
lets look solely at feats shall we?

molecule man let out a supposed 'billion' dimension-busting attack {which is cool but it's still several leagues below the infinity of a multiverse}
he fixed multiversal damage
caused multiversal tremors in his fight with beyonder

That'd be nice if 'a multiverse' (singular) was really infinite. Since it isn't, your argument sort of falls apart. Busting a billion dimensions/realities/universes with one shot is certainly superior to destroying the DCU multiverse. Blinking it back in, is a different story. Luckily he's only done this in an Elseworlds, which isn't used on KMC.

Galan007
That'd be nice if 'a multiverse' (singular) was really infinite. Since it isn't, your argument sort of falls apart. Busting a billion dimensions/realities/universes with one shot is certainly superior to destroying the DCU multiverse. Except Mxy did destroy an infinite amount of universes:

"No more Infinite Earth's." etc, etc.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_wf24.jpg

Infinite > a billion.

Blinking it back in, is a different story. Which Mxy did:

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_wf25.jpg http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff191/Galan_photos/th_wf26.jpg

Luckily he's only done this in an Elseworlds, which isn't used on KMC. It's been explained to you before (with proof) why WF is canonical. If you still don't accept it despite the evidence, that's your deal.

smile

Enyalus
It's been explained to you before (with proof) why WF is canonical. If you still don't accept it despite the evidence, that's your deal.

smile
That it's canon to DC is fine with me. It isn't canon on KMC, which specifies no Elseworlds. It isn't like something like Kingdom Come, which has been referenced in mainstream continuity JSA books. To my knowledge, WF hasn't been referenced in any mainstream or in-continuity work (unless Emperor Joker mentions it, I don't have it to check that.)

Anywho, that's by far his highest feat. Its like Odin 'affecting the multiverse' - which has only happened once and is something that really, I'd consider PIS since it's so far above anything else he's done.

Galan007
That it's canon to DC is fine with me. It isn't canon on KMC, which specifies no Elseworlds. It isn't like something like Kingdom Come, which has been referenced in mainstream continuity JSA books. To my knowledge, WF hasn't been referenced in any mainstream or in-continuity work (unless Emperor Joker mentions it, I don't have it to check that.) WF doesn't have to be mentioned in other stories for it to be canon. Why? Because during WF Mxy visited the DCU immediately following the events of COIE (and there was only one COIE, that is a FACT.) He visited Gemworld (there is only one Gemworld.) He can be seen destroying the DC One Million universe (there's only one of those too.) He also visited/destroyed the Kingdom Come universe (which is indisputably canon to the mainstream DCU, as well.) And the list goes on.

You have no proof to the contrary, other than it being an Elseworlds story. And sorry, but that alone does not outweigh all of the actual evidence imo.

Anywho, that's by far his highest feat. Its like Odin 'affecting the multiverse' - which has only happened once and is something that really, I'd consider PIS since it's so far above anything else he's done. Mxy doesn't want to destroy existence (most of the time) - that's just not his character.

As Mxy himself put it..

"I actually grasp the concept that if you obliterate reality, then there's nobody left to play with":

http://s1d2.turboimagehost.com/t/1632566_mxy1.jpg

WF/EJ are simply windows that show us what Mxy can do when he lets loose. Just because Mxy has only tried (and succeeded) once in destroying/recreating the multiverse, doesn't make it PIS. srsly

LDHZenkai
The reason world funnest and else world stuff aren't considered canon for other characters is b/c other characters are contained in those comic arcs, mxy isn't. Mxy's character remains the same no matter what comic he is in. So mxy's feats in those should be considered canon. As far as mxy's being depowered not being PIS....if the spectre can't, and no other cosmic level being can, how on earth did a sorceress do it? EJ owned everyone, why wouldn't he have just been depowered? Oh b/c that happening to mxy was pure PIS so that SBP fanboys would have something to get excited about it.

quanchi112
The reason world funnest and else world stuff aren't considered canon for other characters is b/c other characters are contained in those comic arcs, mxy isn't. Mxy's character remains the same no matter what comic he is in. So mxy's feats in those should be considered canon. As far as mxy's being depowered not being PIS....if the spectre can't, and no other cosmic level being can, how on earth did a sorceress do it? EJ owned everyone, why wouldn't he have just been depowered? Oh b/c that happening to mxy was pure PIS so that SBP fanboys would have something to get excited about it. So, the kingdom is considered canon for Mxy as well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.