Overlord II

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nemesis X
If you loved being a badass in the first Overlord game, then you'll definatley love the sequel where it'll make you more evil than before.

You play as the son of the Overlord who rises and becomes the new Overlord. The plot of the game is that a Roman-inspired Empire has risen and has made a hit list on all magical beings. Overlord ain't happy with this (since he too is a magical being) and plans to destroy the empire.

One of the greatest steps to becoming a heartless ******* is to attack villages and enslave the people. For the fans, the Overlord can now sit on his throne with his slaves bowing down to him. Sometimes a villager will ask you to do a sidequest for them and if you deny his request (this is my favorite part), you'll pull down a lever and the villager will fall down a hole (that is underneath him) filled with lava.

You can now play as one of your minions to reach places the Overlord can't. Minions can now also ride animals. Browns ride wolves, Greens ride spiders (giant ones), and Reds can ride fiery salamanders while the Blues don't ride any creatures at all. When you play as a Green, you can do stealth missions Metal Gear-style.

The game is on the 360 and PS3. The game will be out in June.

ThunderGodEneru
Actually looks pretty good IMO.

The game is not like the first in that you cannot choose between good or evil, you are already established evil in the game, but you get to choose exactly how evil you can be.

Minion gameplay is improved as well from what I hear.

KingD19
You get more minions, and bigger ones too.

Nemesis X
This Overlord's name is Overlad. Doesn't sound very evil if you ask me.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Nemesis X
This Overlord's name is Overlad. Doesn't sound very evil if you ask me. ...Really? haermm

Sounds like the Overlord's side-kick...wtf?

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
...Really? haermm

Sounds like the Overlord's side-kick...wtf?

The Overlad is the son of the Overlord.

Unlike his father, the Overlad seems more evil and he has three mistresses you can hit on I kid you not.

Nemesis X
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/898/898516/overlord-ii-on-the-way-20080813005712437_640w.jpg

Killing baby seals is so not worth it.

Neo Darkhalen
The Overlad is the son of the Overlord.

Unlike his father, the Overlad seems more evil and he has three mistresses you can hit on I kid you not.

Still what a name, Overlad! haermm

ThunderGodEneru
http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360/image/article/898/898516/overlord-ii-on-the-way-20080813005712437_640w.jpg

Killing baby seals is so not worth it. It most certainly IS worth it!

Now I can club baby seals just like the Canadians do! big grin

And yes I was aware that he was the Overlord's son but still...Overlad? Lol wtf. And yes, he is shown to be more "evil" than his father, which indicates the evil ending is the canon one.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by ThunderGodEneru
It most certainly IS worth it!

Now I can club baby seals just like the Canadians do! big grin

And yes I was aware that he was the Overlord's son but still...Overlad? Lol wtf. And yes, he is shown to be more "evil" than his father, which indicates the evil ending is the canon one.

It'd be worth it if your minions can survive from that big ass cyclops.

I don't know why he's named Overlad. I guess his father is bad at naming children. At least it's evil (the Overlord naming his kid that I mean).

Nemesis X
I heard the game will be out June 23rd. I think I'm gonna buy it as soon as it's out.

Kazenji
I've still have'nt played the first one, Was gonna get it the other day because i've seen it cheap now but can't find the damn game now.

Phanteros
so wait the raising hell ending with Velvet was the true ending?

Nemesis X
The Jester's back. I hate that guy.

NemeBro
Can you still kick the ever-loving shit out of him?

Utrigita
Originally posted by Phanteros
so wait the raising hell ending with Velvet was the true ending?

I think it depends on who you picked, ultimately I think they just wanted to say that Evil Always finds a way wink

Nemesis X
Originally posted by NemeBro
Can you still kick the ever-loving shit out of him?

Yes smile

Nemesis X
The game is coming out next wednsday. I'm so looking forward to it.

Gamerr-X
Ive preordered, got it 5 pound cheaper aswell!big grin

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Gamerr-X
Ive preordered, got it 5 pound cheaper aswell!big grin

They say that if you preorder Overlord II from Gamestop, you'll get an Overlord II figurine.

Utrigita
eek! Nice big grin

This brings my thoughts back to Dungeon Keeper evil face

ArtificialGlory
Originally posted by Utrigita
eek! Nice big grin

This brings my thoughts back to Dungeon Keeper evil face

Yeah, but Dungeon Keeper was still better :P

Utrigita
Debating against that statement is impossible big grin

I cried when I heard that Dungeon Keeper 3 wasn't going to be published sad

ArtificialGlory
Debating against that statement is impossible big grin

I cried when I heard that Dungeon Keeper 3 wasn't going to be published sad

There's no justice in the gaming world messed

Nemesis X
We're getting a little off topic here.

I'm looking forward to enslaving villagers and beating up hippy elves.

Utrigita
Yeah sorry got carried away embarrasment

Yeah me too, I'm interested in seeing the main villains in this game and listening to Gnarl smile

Besides that all the usual, razing Houses, burning down towns, get 10 virgins locked in cages in my tower, basically being as nasty as possible evil face

Gonna play the Demo again big grin

Nemesis X
Yeah sorry got carried away embarrasment

Yeah me too, I'm interested in seeing the main villains in this game and listening to Gnarl smile

Besides that all the usual, razing Houses, burning down towns, get 10 virgins locked in cages in my tower, basically being as nasty as possible evil face

You'd probably enjoy enslaving virgins if this game was rated M (which is not). But at least you get to have three mistresses.

Utrigita
Well you had the oppertunity to in Overlord to get those 10 farm girls trapped in Cages...

Nemesis X
Has anyone played the demo yet? In the demo you can club baby seals with your axe, fight PETA Elves, have your minions ride wolves, and fight eskimos and a yeti.

Gamerr-X
I wonder if you pick the mistresses or are they already set on who they are.

I look forward to getting new weapons as in the demo you have an axe and in other vids you have swords.

Also interested to see how the story will happen.

Nemesis X
Game is out today and I bought it. Being evil is a lot of fun. This is way better than the first Overlord.

Gamerr-X
Nice, in the UK it comes out 26th, I get my pre-order tommorow big grin

NemeBro
So is this game worth a buy?

Nemesis X

Yes

Gamerr-X
Yes YesYes

Utrigita
Postponed in my country to the 29th sad but based on the Demo evil face yes it's worth buying big grin

Magee
This game is rubbish, never experienced any thing so boring.

NemeBro
Shut up Magee.

Gamerr-X
Shut up Magee.
lol agreed

Nemesis X
This game is pretty funny. I kinda lol when the Minions sing when they're disguised.

dadudemon
Originally posted by Magee
This game is rubbish, never experienced any thing so boring.
Don't shutup, Magee.

Tell me why you don't like it as I'm interested in NOT wasting my time with this game.

The more opinions, the better.

Pandemoniac
Sounds alot like Dungeon Keeper as said, is it anything like it? Loved those games, and I don't really expect Overlord 2 to surpass the touches of humor DK had, am I wrong?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.