Classic Thor vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
These 2 have had scuffles before.

Who wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos wins, but it will be a hard earned victory. Especially if Thor unleashes his full might.

Nihilist
Thanos, rather convincingly .

D_Dude1210
Thanos, rather conclusively.

Slaanesh
Thanos 10/10

Kris Blaze
Thanos would win 10/10

We could of course play by using Thor's high feats, in which case he could get a great deal of victories smile

The Nuul
Thanos with little issues. Current Thor is a much better match up.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Slaanesh
Thanos 10/10

Survivor19
Does Thor gets belt of strenght?

quanchi112
Thanos, easily.

Philosophía
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
We could of course play by using Thor's high feats, in which case he could get a great deal of victories smile

Would he now ? He's no Superman. uhuh

Kris Blaze

quanchi112

Avlon
Thors power output > Thanos.

Thanos durability > Thor.

I could definitely see a non jobbing Thor win a few.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Thanos wins, but it will be a hard earned victory. Especially if Thor unleashes his full might.

^ Smart guy.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Avlon
That's only true via Godblast. Prior to his latest upgrades, Thanos' energy output was nearly on par with the In-Betweener.

I could definitely see a non jobbing Thor win a few.
Only way Thor even has a chance at taking a victory is via the Godblast. This is how their first battle went, against a pre-resurrection and non-upgraded Thanos:

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Thor_firstfight1.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Thor_firstfight2.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Thor_firstfight3.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Thor_firstfight4.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Thor_firstfight5.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Thor_firstfight6.jpg http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x287/Deywos/th_Thanos_Thor_firstfight7.jpg

Thor loses pretty much every time. And unless Godblast is involved, it isn't very close. The guy one-shots Morg and Heimdall and makes SS look like a fool every time. He's not losing to Classic Thor or even coming close.

quanchi112

Thanos durability > Thor.

I could definitely see a non jobbing Thor win a few. Based on what? Thor with the power gem couldn't even defeat him. That means his power and strength were amped and if you read the story he did anything in that arc, but jobbing.

Nihilist
He also stopped Thor's hammer with a gesture just before they fought Walker.

Thanos sheilds would stand up to a god blast as well.

Avlon
Originally posted by Enyalus

That's only true via Godblast. Prior to his latest upgrades, Thanos' energy output was nearly on par with the In-Betweener.

Unless there was another battle where the in-betweener wasn't depowered, I can't agree with that. The only battle that I saw between them had a clause which Thanos exploited...

Only way Thor even has a chance at taking a victory is via the Godblast. This is how their first battle went, against a pre-resurrection and non-upgraded Thanos:

Thor loses pretty much every time. And unless Godblast is involved, it isn't very close. The guy one-shots Morg and Heimdall and makes SS look like a fool every time. He's not losing to Classic Thor or even coming close.

I have the issue. Thor had Thanos on the floor, then Thanos had Thor on the floor. Warlock then kills Thanos. The battle was inconclusive.

Also, Thor could have absorbed Thanos blasts and returned them amped OR he could have matter manipulated Thanos as he had those abilities as well.

Originally posted by Nihilist
He also stopped Thor's hammer with a gesture just before they fought Walker.

Thanos sheilds would stand up to a god blast as well.

The Walker battle was an interesting one. It seems that Thor did the most damage by far vs just what Mar-Vell + Thanos were doing alone.

Enyalus
Unless there was another battle where the in-betweener wasn't depowered, I can't agree with that. The only battle that I saw between them had a clause which Thanos exploited...
I'm not referring to a battle. I'm referring to when In-Betweener was inside of his sphere. He had his full powers while he was inside of them. It took he and Thanos blasting them in order to shatter the fields. He was attempting to keep up with IB's output, and doing a fine job of it.

I have the issue. Thor had Thanos on the floor, then Thanos had Thor on the floor. Warlock then kills Thanos. The battle was inconclusive.
...I just posted it. End of the battle, Thanos was uninjured, and Thor was being blasted back with Mjolnir dropped. That was with help.

Also, Thor could have absorbed Thanos blasts and returned them amped OR he could have matter manipulated Thanos as he had those abilities as well.
Or Thanos could've matter manipulated Thor, considering he has those abilities. Or mindraped him. Or did his T-Vo-esque thing (Mind Sync Time Warp). Or blasted him with something other than eyebeams...

Thanos didn't use his abilities to their fullest, either.

kgkg
Thanos wins 10/10

quanchi112
Also the first time Thor and Thanos threw down Thanos was much less powerful back then as he was pre' ann death. Thor back then didn't even defeat him with help. Thor has been defeated by much less than Thanos. Thanos is a peer of Odin while he looks down on top tiers.

Avlon

I'm not referring to a battle. I'm referring to when In-Betweener was inside of his sphere. He had his full powers while he was inside of them. It took he and Thanos blasting them in order to shatter the fields. He was attempting to keep up with IB's output, and doing a fine job of it.

Doesn't change the fact that he would still be grossly outmatched in a battle. The blasts don't really mean anything in that case.

Originally posted by Enyalus ...I just posted it. End of the battle, Thanos was uninjured, and Thor was being blasted back with Mjolnir dropped. That was with help.

Strange. In another thread with Odin and Thanos being discussed in pretty much the exact same scenario, it's being debated that Thanos is an equal to Odin...hmmm.

Originally posted by Enyalus Or Thanos could've matter manipulated Thor, considering he has those abilities. Or mindraped him. Or did his T-Vo-esque thing (Mind Sync Time Warp). Or blasted him with something other than eyebeams...

Thanos didn't use his abilities to their fullest, either.

Mjolnir > Warlock who at that time was above Thanos durability in terms of matter manip. Mindrape? Perhaps. MSTW? It's only been shown once and it was a specific case if I remember correctly.

Either way, Thor could still get wins if he isn't jobbing. Thanos durability is the biggest threat against a non jobbing Thor.

quanchi112
Doesn't change the fact that he would still be grossly outmatched in a battle. The blasts don't really mean anything in that case.

Strange. In another thread with Odin and Thanos being discussed in pretty much the exact same scenario, it's being debated that Thanos is an equal to Odin...hmmm.

Mjolnir > Warlock who at that time was above Thanos durability in terms of matter manip. Mindrape? Perhaps. MSTW? It's only been shown once and it was a specific case if I remember correctly.

Either way, Thor could still get wins if he isn't jobbing. Thanos durability is the biggest threat against a non jobbing Thor. How can Thor defeat him even though he never has? Who has a nonjobbing Thor defeated on Thanos' level before? Name me a top tier that defeated Thanos on panel in a fair fight.

Avlon
Originally posted by quanchi112
How can Thor defeat him even though he never has? Who has a nonjobbing Thor defeated on Thanos' level before? Name me a top tier that defeated Thanos on panel in a fair fight.

Masterson Thor put Thanos down...a Thanos enhanced by the power gem....

Thanos needed a plot device gun to defeat Thor with the same power up...

Enyalus
...That was your initial point. That's what I was addressing.

Thanos received a massive amp by Death when he was resurrected. That's what he took on Odin with. Also, why you treat me like I'm Quanchi, I don't know. I also don't get what you're wanting to lowball Thanos. You've clearly read some of his stuff. He's a pretty cool character. stick out tongue

And he's got about a 3% chance of losing to classic Thor. I've done the calculations. h1 helped me with 'em, so I know they're correct.

Mjolnir > Warlock who at that time was above Thanos durability in terms of matter manip.
...Wha? I'm not sure I got the last sentence. Thanos killed Warlock with one blow prior to Warlock returning. And uh, he returned via Lord Chaos and Master Order's interference (and possible amp), along with being amped by the Soul Gem. Oh, and Thanos being caught off-guard.

Mindrape? Perhaps. MSTW? It's only been shown once and it was a specific case if I remember correctly.
Thanos says he's used it before, but that was the first and only time he's used it on panel. He used it against Drax and was shocked that it didn't kill him, merely KO'd him....it had killed everyone else it was used on previously. But we both know Drax was made specifically to combat him, so...that might be why.

Either way, Thor could still get wins if he isn't jobbing. Thanos durability is the biggest threat against a non jobbing Thor.
He's above Thor in durability, in strength, and as the IB example shows, in power output as well barring a Godblast. If he does pull the Godblast out, I certainly think it will injure Thanos and/or break through his shields. Whether it would injure him enough to give Thor an advantage and allow him the chance to win, is up in the air...

Thanos is clearly above top tier. That's been evident throughout his career. So he's not going to simply lose to top tiers for the majority. Especially after all of his upgrades and with his tech/shields in play.

quanchi112
Masterson Thor put Thanos down...a Thanos enhanced by the power gem....

Thanos needed a plot device gun to defeat Thor with the same power up... Thanos lowered his abilities to give the heroes in general a chance. He wasn't just facing Thor too by the way. Thor knocked him back, but then again so did Spiderman. Thanos defeated Thor with and without the power gem. Thanos wins at the end of the day while Thor doesn't. smile

Kris Blaze
Honestly.

What's keeping Thor from flying up and absorbing all of Thanos energy/releasing it back at him? It's easy to absorb energy with Mjolnir, and it doesn't redirect but AMPLIFIES the energy.

Philosophía
The fact that you're not the one writing it.

Kris Blaze

Uxas Khan
Thanos would probably kill thor in a non pis/cis enviroment.

celestialdemon
Thanos wins.

Enyalus
What's keeping Thor from flying up and absorbing all of Thanos energy/releasing it back at him? It's easy to absorb energy with Mjolnir, and it doesn't redirect but AMPLIFIES the energy.
Given that Thanos is also an energy manipulator, I'm doubting that Mjolnir would be able to do that...

That's like suggesting Quasar can drain the Odinforce out of Mjolnir when they fight.

Kris Blaze
Given that Thanos is also an energy manipulator, I'm doubting that Mjolnir would be able to do that...

That's like suggesting Quasar can drain the Odinforce out of Mjolnir when they fight.

How?

Thor's already done it :/

Enyalus
How?

Thor's already done it :/

Oh, are you talking about absorbing Thanos' energy blasts if/when he fires at him?

You made it sound like Mjolnir was gonna go up and absorb Thanos' life energies out of his body. no expression

Kris Blaze
Oh, are you talking about absorbing Thanos' energy blasts if/when he fires at him?

You made it sound like Mjolnir was gonna go up and absorb Thanos' life energies out of his body. no expression

Aaah.

Well he can do that too. He just wouldn't get an opportunity to. There's no reason to believe Thor can't drain his soul.

Enyalus
Aaah.

Well he can do that too. He just wouldn't get an opportunity to. There's no reason to believe Thor can't drain his soul.
Oh come on, man. stick out tongue

And, if you recall, even when Thor did absorb his blast and redirected it back at the Thanos clone x100 fold, the clone was blown backwards, but got up afterwards without a scratch on him.

I don't recall him being amped at that point in time by any artifacts, either.

Avlon
Thanos lowered his abilities to give the heroes in general a chance. He wasn't just facing Thor too by the way. Thor knocked him back, but then again so did Spiderman. Thanos defeated Thor with and without the power gem. Thanos wins at the end of the day while Thor doesn't. smile

He turned off his cosmic awareness...not his power.

And thanks for bringing up spidey. laughing out loud

Aaah.

Like when Warlock did it to one of his clones?

I wonder if that would work with the original considering his servitude to death herself.

Enyalus

That was an extremely retarded showing. I have no idea why Starlin did that. Six issues before that (Thanos Quest 1), he went toe-to-toe with Champion wielding the Power Gem, unamped. And held his own.

Starlin's waaay inconsistant. It was either PIS or Thanos lowered his power to make it a more interesting show for Lady Death to see.

Kris Blaze
Oh come on, man. stick out tongue

And, if you recall, even when Thor did absorb his blast and redirected it back at the Thanos clone x100 fold, the clone was blown backwards, but got up afterwards without a scratch on him.

I don't recall him being amped at that point in time by any artifacts, either.

Without a scratch on him? He was still sent back. Besides, the damage that Thanos' otufit takes really seems to vary.

Enyalus
Without a scratch on him? He was still sent back. Besides, the damage that Thanos' otufit takes really seems to vary.
I don't have the issue in front of me, but, yeah, I think without a scratch on him. He gets blown through the freakin' area they were fighting in though. Then comes back, but doesn't seem to have any wounds.

Hm. Are you actually arguing for Thor or that it won't be a complete stomp in Thanos' favor?

Kris Blaze
I don't have the issue in front of me, but, yeah, I think without a scratch on him. He gets blown through the freakin' area they were fighting in though. Then comes back, but doesn't seem to have any wounds.

Hm. Are you actually arguing for Thor or that it won't be a complete stomp in Thanos' favor?

Well, if Thor fights using the full extent of his abilities. Not even the full extent, he has basically unlimited absorption abilities. And Thanso can't fly.

Enyalus
Well, if Thor fights using the full extent of his abilities. Not even the full extent, he has basically unlimited absorption abilities. And Thanso can't fly.
Thanso sounds like a bad Italian mobster nickname.

Anywho, yeah, if Thanos tries blasting him, he's in a little trouble. He's still got force fields though, and like I said, that clone wasn't injured from it. So I doubt he'd do it twice. Thanos would also have issues with the Godblast. But, I don't see how not flying comes into play here. Thanos can cover/levitate, and that should be fine for whatever you might've had in mind. Thanos can also still punch his lights out.

And do you think Mjolnir can handle omnidirectional blasts, or no?

Kris Blaze
Thanso sounds like a bad Italian mobster nickname.

Anywho, yeah, if Thanos tries blasting him, he's in a little trouble. He's still got force fields though, and like I said, that clone wasn't injured from it. So I doubt he'd do it twice. Thanos would also have issues with the Godblast. But, I don't see how not flying comes into play here. Thanos can cover/levitate, and that should be fine for whatever you might've had in mind. Thanos can also still punch his lights out.

And do you think Mjolnir can handle omnidirectional blasts, or no?

Well, you see.

Thor only needs to lift Mjolnir and it absorbs anything. It wasn't necessarily directed at him. It was pulled INTO Mjolnir.

Enyalus
Well, you see.

Thor only needs to lift Mjolnir and it absorbs anything. It wasn't necessarily directed at him. It was pulled INTO Mjolnir.
I gotcha. I'll defer to your Thor expertise.

Kris Blaze
I gotcha. I'll defer to your Thor expertise.

Seriously though, they'll go physical and Thor would get knocked out.

Nihilist
I cant see Thor absorbing all Thanos's energy as he has a nearly unlimited energy source and can draw power from outside sources.

And another boring way for a win is to imprison him in a force block.

quanchi112

Like when Warlock did it to one of his clones?

I wonder if that would work with the original considering his servitude to death herself. He lowered his abilities. He still wasn't anywhere near full capacity and gave them a chance.

Spidey knocked him back. Really, not that impressive considering he gave them a chance and was playing with them the entire time. Thanos beat all the heroes quite easily.

quanchi112
Well, if Thor fights using the full extent of his abilities. Not even the full extent, he has basically unlimited absorption abilities. And Thanso can't fly. If you want to ignore their matchups maybe you'd have a point. The fact remains that Thanos was always above Thor.

Avlon
He lowered his abilities. He still wasn't anywhere near full capacity and gave them a chance.

Don't try to go around it and twist the story. He still had the FULL IG, but his cosmic awareness was turned off.

Spidey knocked him back. Really, not that impressive considering he gave them a chance and was playing with them the entire time. Thanos beat all the heroes quite easily.

Except for being KO'd and what would have been a BFR by Cloak if he didn't have the IG.

They did better indivually than Thanos did vs Thor with a single gem.

quanchi112
Don't try to go around it and twist the story. He still had the FULL IG, but his cosmic awareness was turned off.

Except for being KO'd and what would have been a BFR by Cloak if he didn't have the IG.

They did better indivually than Thanos did vs Thor with a single gem. He cut off sensory input into all the other gems. He retained limitless power, but still could be defeated. They had a small chance, but still a chance nonetheless.

If he was ko'd they would have simply taken the gauntlet off.

Thanos beat Thor with the power gem and beat all the heroes with the ig. Thanos won in both scenarios. big grin

Stoic
Thanos pretty much showed on every occasion that he was bigger, badder, and meaner than Thor, on their first meeting Thor had the Thing in his corner and still was seconds from getting ko'ed. Thanos has since been upgraded several times, so this really is no contest, Thor loses, not easilly but he loses.

Kris Blaze
I cant see Thor absorbing all Thanos's energy as he has a nearly unlimited energy source and can draw power from outside sources.

And another boring way for a win is to imprison him in a force block.

Thor's energy source is nearly unlimited as well, so is Novas and Quasars and Terrax'. Doesn't really matter much. Mjolnir can absorb it all.

What would that do? It'd temporarily stop Thor.

Avlon
He cut off sensory input into all the other gems. He retained limitless power, but still could be defeated. They had a small chance, but still a chance nonetheless.

Exactly. Limitless power and was still being knocked around.

If he was ko'd they would have simply taken the gauntlet off.

Except Doom was interrupted when he was about to do so.

Thanos beat Thor with the power gem and beat all the heroes with the ig. Thanos won in both scenarios. big grin

Red herring. Either way, Thanos with the full gauntlet's power was ko'd by Thor in one scenario, while Thanos needed a plot device block just to defeat Thor with the power gem.

quanchi112
Thor's energy source is nearly unlimited as well, so is Novas and Quasars and Terrax'. Doesn't really matter much. Mjolnir can absorb it all.

What would that do? It'd temporarily stop Thor. It gets him the win. It beat a power gem Thor so we know it definitely beats a normal Thor.

Nihilist

What would that do? It'd temporarily stop Thor. It would stop him for as long as he wants, besides Thanos would just punch him into submission.

Kris Blaze
It would stop him for as long as he wants, besides Thanos would just punch him into submission.

But that's not what you said.

You said that he would use a forceblock.

What would that do to Thor? He doesn't need to breathe and Thanos couldn't attack without breaking it.

quanchi112
But that's not what you said.

You said that he would use a forceblock.

What would that do to Thor? He doesn't need to breathe and Thanos couldn't attack without breaking it. A forceblock gets him the win. What confused you about what he said. Thanos defeated a more powerful Thor in this manner yet you dispute it against a much weaker Thor. sick

Charmander

They did better indivually than Thanos did vs Thor with a single gem. Why are you arguing about it if you believe he had the full IG?

Does bad writing, or PIS not clue in?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I cant see Thor absorbing all Thanos's energy as he has a nearly unlimited energy source and can draw power from outside sources

I've seen Mjolnir absorb, hold and redirect enough energy to destroy a Galaxy without any problem.

OneDumbG0
I've seen Mjolnir absorb, hold and redirect enough energy to destroy a Galaxy without any problem. Also absorbed the explosion of a bomb that would have destroyed one-fifth of the universe. Silly, I know. But hey, it's magic.

Charmander
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
Also absorbed the explosion of a bomb that would have destroyed one-fifth of the universe. Silly, I know. But hey, it's magic. He made a shield around it, and got killed in the process...

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Charmander
He made a shield around it, and got killed in the process... Right. Does that fact change the efficacy of Mjolnir to create sustainable forcefields or handle vast energies? No, it doesnt.

Charmander
Right. Does that fact change the efficacy of Mjolnir to create sustainable forcefields or handle vast energies? No, it doesnt. It does change the thinking that he absorbed a blast that could have destroyed 1/5 of the universe though.

OneDumbG0
It does change the thinking that he absorbed a blast that could have destroyed 1/5 of the universe though. I said Mjolnir absorbed it. Not Thor. The quote and the construction of my sentence should have made that clear.

But, if in the alternative, you're mincing words between containing and absorbing, then feel free to do so. Even though mentioning Thor getting killed has nothing to do with changing terminology and was pointless. You can mince words, because in the end, the scope of the feat hasn't changed.

Charmander
I said Mjolnir absorbed it. Not Thor. The quote and the construction of my sentence should have made that clear.

you're mincing words

Anyway, no duh Mjolnir absorbed it. That shouldn't even be an issue on the forum anymore. You say Thor does it, it should be a given.

But, if in the alternative, you're mincing words between containing and absorbing, then feel free to do so. Even though mentioning Thor getting killed has nothing to do with changing terminology and was pointless. You can mince words, because in the end, the scope of the feat hasn't changed.

One is absorbing, one is containing. smile

I felt like adding it in. Just like you felt like arguing about absolutely nothing.

OneDumbG0
Anyway, no duh Mjolnir absorbed it. That shouldn't even be an issue on the forum anymore. You say Thor does it, it should be a given.

One is absorbing, one is containing. smile

I felt like adding it in. Just like you felt like arguing about absolutely nothing. Actually, I'm pretty sure you added that in for the purpose of arguing about absolutely nothing. But I won't begrudge your whims. You may be on your way now, as I will I.

Enyalus
Good. Can we all agree that Thanos takes 10/10 from Classic Thor?

Charmander
Good. Can we all agree that Thanos takes 10/10 from Classic Thor? Yes.

Enyalus
Yes.
Excellent. Your name no longer sucks.

Charmander
Yours still does.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Also absorbed the explosion of a bomb that would have destroyed one-fifth of the universe. Silly, I know. But hey, it's magic.

I remember that. The Life-Bomb correct?

Uxas Khan
Didn't thors hammer shatter when loki overload it during ragnarok

WhiteWitchKing

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6123/thanoslavitating.th.jpghttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/57/power25yg.th.jpg

Thanos wins 10/10. He's levitating in these scans.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Uxas Khan
Didn't thors hammer shatter when loki overload it during ragnarok

What are you talking about?

It wasn't overloaded.

Three incredibly strong beings, swung at Mjolnir at the same time as Thor attacked. The result, is it being broken in places.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor13.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor14.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor15.jpg

Not a bad showing.

quanchi112
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6123/thanoslavitating.th.jpghttp://img224.imageshack.us/img224/57/power25yg.th.jpg

Thanos wins 10/10. He's levitating in these scans. thumb up

skyfather
What are you talking about?

It wasn't overloaded.

Three incredibly strong beings, swung at Mjolnir at the same time as Thor attacked. The result, is it being broken in places.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor13.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor14.jpghttp://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e139/RageOfTheGod/Thor/th_RagnarokThor15.jpg

Not a bad showing. Non of them combined have or can replicate the power Thanos has shown.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by skyfather
Non of them combined have or can replicate the power Thanos has shown.

What the hell are you talking about?

Indestructible
which thanos?

Kris Blaze
Non of them combined have or can replicate the power Thanos has shown.

You mean Loki as supreme lord of Asgard couldn't replicate that power? lmfao.

One incident versus a million others, and here Loki was insanely strong. Thanos isn't overloading Thor's hammer, jokes.

skyfather
You mean Loki as supreme lord of Asgard couldn't replicate that power? lmfao.

One incident versus a million others, and here Loki was insanely strong. Thanos isn't overloading Thor's hammer, jokes. Prove it son.

Enyalus
That wasn't energy absorption or some kind of 'energy overload.' It was because it was struck by two other Mjolnir imitations at the same time. no expression

Thanos isn't duplicating that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor's hammer has withstood and contained power to level a Galaxy etc. without so much as cracking.

Thanos isn't overloading it.

That incident wasn't his hammer being overloaded. It was a result of all the hammers stricking Mjolnir at the same time.

Kris Blaze
Prove it son.

I need to? Look in his respect thread. He's absorbed countless things over the ages.

Having READ Thor is a bonus when you're debating him.

Naija boy
Thanos 10/10.

skyfather
Thor's hammer has withstood and contained power to level a Galaxy etc. without so much as cracking.

Thanos isn't overloading it.

That incident wasn't his hammer being overloaded. It was a result of all the hammers stricking Mjolnir at the same time. who said anything about overloading it ,Thanos has the strength/ punching power to shatter the hammer.

I need to? Look in his respect thread. He's absorbed countless things over the ages.

Having READ Thor is a bonus when you're debating him.
As for when Loki was supreme ruler of Asgard, who did he defeat with out any prep.

Rage.Of.Olympus
who said anything about overloading it ,Thanos has the strength/ punching power to shatter the hammer.

The hammer withstood incredible assault in the past.

Even Thanos would find it a challenge.

skyfather
The hammer withstood incredible assault in the past.

Even Thanos would find it a challenge. So if the hammer wasnt overloaded like you say, it was simply shattered by being hit by multiple hammers.you dont think Thanos can replicate that.

Rage.Of.Olympus
So if the hammer wasnt overloaded like you say, it was simply shattered by being hit by multiple hammers.you dont think Thanos can replicate that.

The thing is, that Mjolnir has withstood impacts, and attacks of greater strength in the past as I recall.

Plus those hammers, where enchanted Uru forged hammer's as I recall, and each of those beings were incredibly strong, and Thor swung his hammer as well, with his strength.

Either way, it's not a bad showing.

skyfather
The thing is, that Mjolnir has withstood impacts, and attacks of greater strength in the past as I recall.

Plus those hammers, where enchanted Uru forged hammer's as I recall, and each of those beings were incredibly strong, and Thor swung his hammer as well, with his strength.

Either way, it's not a bad showing. discounting Thor's strength of the hammer swing(which will would be the same as if he swung it at Thanos)the others strength or power are not on the same level as Thanos so the result would be the same.

Rage.Of.Olympus
discounting Thor's strength of the hammer swing(which will would be the same as if he swung it at Thanos)the others strength or power are not on the same level as Thanos so the result would be the same.

The hammer has withstood stronger attacks than that, and they're combined attack toppled with the fact all the hammers are indestructible will be a trying feat to match.

skyfather
The hammer has withstood stronger attacks than that, and they're combined attack toppled with the fact all the hammers are indestructible will be a trying feat to match. If the hammer/s are indestructible, then why did it/they shatter.

Rage.Of.Olympus
*Sigh*

They are both made of Uru and were enchanted. They were forged by Surur himself (Loki's hammers.).

They are for most intents and purposes indestructible unless it seems they strike other Uru, hard enough.

skyfather
*Sigh*

They are for most intents and purposes indestructible unless it seems they strike other Uru, hard enough.

Do you have any other proof to back up this statement other than what happened in the Ragnarok arc.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Do you have any other proof to back up this statement other than what happened in the Ragnarok arc.

Why would I need anymore?

It's also logical that the only thing strong enough to break enchanted Uru that easily, is other enchanted Uru.

skyfather

It's also logical that the only thing strong enough to break enchanted Uru that easily, is other enchanted Uru. so you cant.

you can only base it off that one time then.

k,thanks.

Rage.Of.Olympus
so you cant.

you can only base it off that one time then.

k,thanks.

That's because that's the only time, enchanted Uru weapons hit each other with that force and number ever, as I recall.

What else am I supposed to base it off?

Enyalus

It's also logical that the only thing strong enough to break enchanted Uru that easily, is other enchanted Uru.

...It also shattered when Thor struck the killing blow to Bor.

leonidas
Prove it son.

you want him to prove that thanos CAN'T overload the hammer? blink

while you're at it grok, prove to him i DON'T have an invisible dragon in my garage . . .

no way thanos overloads the hammer, or breaks it by . . . punching it? confused

Rage.Of.Olympus
...It also shattered when Thor struck the killing blow to Bor.

Apparently every time Mjolnir has been broken, it was weakened by magic and broken by magic.

Against Bor, it's the only time, it's ever broken hitting something harder than itself.

That's definitely saying something for Bor, as it's done everything from denting Captain America's shield, to breaking the armor of Celestials.

Enyalus
Yeah, I'm not saying that Thanos breaks it via his iron prune chin abilities or his forcefields.

...Then again, he has mastered black magic. evil face

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yeah, I'm not saying that Thanos breaks it via his iron prune chin abilities or his forcefields.

...Then again, he has mastered black magic. evil face

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.