Leon Kennedy(RE4) vs Chris Redfield(RE5)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Gumachi
Who wins?

Ridley_Prime
This seems like a bit of a fanboy matchup, but I guess I'll go out on a limb here and say Chris.

King-Fingolfin
Chris punches Leon's head off.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by King-Fingolfin
Chris punches Leon's head off.

"Leon roundhouse kicks Chris' head off" can just as easily be said, frankly. I'm actually undecided myself, though chances are most people are going to vote for the guy whose arms take up the entire boxart of his respective game.

That said, I do belive Leon does have a few superior showings out of gameplay to my memory (pinned a hand right to a wall by throwing a knife, subdued Ada while at gunpoint , etc.).

Leon also has (or rather, had >_&gtwink that bitchin' leather coat, whereas Chris only had a buttoned shirt that made him look like a tourist in humanitarian business.

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
"Leon roundhouse kicks Chris' head off" can just as easily be said, frankly. I'm actually undecided myself, though chances are most people are going to vote for the guy whose arms take up the entire boxart of his respective game.

That said, I do belive Leon does have a few superior showings out of gameplay to my memory (pinned a hand right to a wall by throwing a knife, subdued Ada while at gunpoint , etc.).

Leon also has (or rather, had >_&gtwink that bitchin' leather coat, whereas Chris only had a buttoned shirt that made him look like a tourist in humanitarian business.

Leon is cooler imo, but on a feats perspective Chris does beat ass if you follow all of the RE5 cutscenes although his biggest feat wreaks PIS

ThunderGodEneru
Chris uppercuts a boulder on top of Leon.

King-Fingolfin
Chris beats the shit out of bullet timers in H2H, said bullet timer also tanks rocket launchers to the head, and Chris's punches have hurt him.

Chris footstomps and crushes Leon's head with his steel shattering foot.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix
although his biggest feat wreaks PIS

And what feat would that be?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Kazenji

Fighting inside of a volcano and punching a huge ass hot ass boulder while inside of a volcano.

It is way too hot inside this volcano for them to be fighting, moving rocks or even holding on to ledges that should be burning them.
d7OVErdltJA

Ultimate Wil
Originally posted by Kazenji

He does have a point, Chris should have died.

ThunderGodEneru
Seriously though, Chris' feats of raw strength, durability, and endurance were horrendous, he wins pretty handily IMO.

Cyner
Leon Kennedy, as long as he's doing a backflip, he's totally invincible.

Pyron_Knight
Leon's faster. He just has to go for the kill with his superior knife skills.

And CHris never beat a bullet-timer...Wesker is at bes ta bullet dodger. And he beat Chris every time with ease.

ThunderGodEneru
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Leon's faster. He just has to go for the kill with his superior knife skills.

And CHris never beat a bullet-timer...Wesker is at bes ta bullet dodger. And he beat Chris every time with ease. Wesker is faster than Leon(and everyone Leon has fought), yet Chris reacted to him just fine.

Wesker was an effortless bullet timer while weakened.

Chris based on his feats can KO/kill Leon in one punch.

Nemesis X
Hasn't Leon fought people that can kill him with one hit?

Pyron_Knight
Wesker never bullet-timed. He avoided the aim by being faster than any of the heroes could properly fire at him.

And he knocked Chris around. Chris was helpless pretty much every time they fought.

And Leon kept up with Krauser who is faster than Chris.

Pyron_Knight
Just want to concede he was bullet-timing. nevermind.

Ridley_Prime
Due to some real recent stuff on the off-topic thread, I think this deserves a bump. Let the massacre continue!

Snafu the Great
There is no match, since they break out into 'What the F-ck Was That' from the Evil Dead Musical. Cue massive facefault.

r13AP5Css6o&

Ridley_Prime
laughing out loud

LLLLLink
Krauser dodging bullets via backflip. He covers ground the same way Wesker does, with that little speed dash.

xSf5H57AItE

Wesker dodging bullets via....whatever he's doing with that distortion effect and stuff.

eWNM_58Kg_s

There's a couple things here:

- Sheva over-powering Wesker @ 1:25? The same woman who cant open a gate by herself?
- Chris and Wesker can't stay standing when the plane door opens? What about this @ 3:45?

YEfwhXMWML0

Claire is in the same situation, yet she is standing just fine. Claire > Chris, lmao? No.

FinalAnswer
First of all, the videos you supplied showed a weakened Wesker, and a CV Wesker. RE5 Wesker > CV Wesker. And RE5 Wesker > Krauser in terms of speed.

Chris Redfield has reacted to not only Wesker's speed, but Wesker shooting at him as well. This puts his reaction speed above Leon's. Chris has far superior feats of strength, this is inarguable. Chris, combined with his H2H skill and far superior reaction speed, is not being hit by anything less then a gun. Meanwhile, Chris is fast enough to hit Leon, and can kill him with a single punch.

Chris stomps.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Wei Phoenix

It is way too hot inside this volcano for them to be fighting, moving rocks or even holding on to ledges that should be burning them.
d7OVErdltJA

And why do we have to use real life for a video game?

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by LLLLLink
Krauser dodging bullets via backflip. He covers ground the same way Wesker does, with that little speed dash.
That's only a gameplay mechanic though. Wesker does all that and more in cutscenes. Not to mention, Wesker is waaaay faster and has better reaction timing than Krauser.

- Sheva over-powering Wesker @ 1:25?
- Chris and Wesker can't stay standing when the door opens? What about this @ 3:45?
This was all after Wesker got weakened by an overdose of his own virus...

Before that, Sheva and Chris couldn't even touch him.

0:00 - 1:54

mNs0pF5iCVo

Claire is in the same situation, yet she is standing just fine. Claire > Chris, lmao? No.
I've played both games, and they were hardly in the same situation at all. Claire wasn't dealing with Wesker first of all. Secondly...

Ah, why bother? You're just making silly attempts at downplaying Chris.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by FinalAnswer
First of all, the videos you supplied showed a weakened Wesker, and a CV Wesker. RE5 Wesker > CV Wesker. And RE5 Wesker > Krauser in terms of speed.

Chris Redfield has reacted to not only Wesker's speed, but Wesker shooting at him as well. This puts his reaction speed above Leon's. Chris has far superior feats of strength, this is inarguable. Chris, combined with his H2H skill and far superior reaction speed, is not being hit by anything less then a gun. Meanwhile, Chris is fast enough to hit Leon, and can kill him with a single punch.

Chris stomps.

Sorry, but this total refuse. Chris had a partner. no expression

Leon, has dealt with Krauser's speed, and Krauser was wielding a SMG capable of blowing down 1-2 ft thick cement walls, as well as flash grenades. Also, Leon seems to have better CQC skills than Chris, unless you want to show me something Chris does that I am forgetting.

Also, I'd like to see a strength feat of Chris's that isn't PIS. Anything, please. Like opening a gate, lol. That's about like Leon pushing a dumpster. Majini survive Chris punches all the time.

Leon has some decent endurance feats. Like getting crushed or stomped by an El Gigante.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

I've played both games, and they were hardly in the same situation at all. Claire wasn't dealing with Wesker first of all. Secondly...

Ah, why bother? You're just making silly attempts at downplaying Chris.

You didn't address the fact that they cant stand when the door is open and she can.

Sin_Volvagia
Are you downplaying Chris because RE5 didn't appear on the Wii?

Leon has some decent endurance feats. Like getting crushed or stomped by an El Gigante.

Gameplay. Leon can survive Gatling gun bullets too. And sledge hammers to head. That's all gameplay.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
Are you downplaying Chris because RE5 didn't appear on the Wii?

Would've sucked ass on the Wii, just like RE4.

I wish I could use Degeneration here, because Leon was pretty strong in that.

Sin_Volvagia
Would've sucked ass on the Wii, just like RE4.

I wish I could use Degeneration here, because Leon was pretty strong in that.

I don't see how he was any different there than he was in RE4.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Sin_Volvagia
I don't see how he was any different there than he was in RE4.

Graphics sucked, controls sucked. Just my opinion, though.

FinalAnswer

Leon, has dealt with Krauser's speed, and Krauser was wielding a SMG capable of blowing down 1-2 ft thick cement walls, as well as flash grenades. Also, Leon seems to have better CQC skills than Chris, unless you want to show me something Chris does that I am forgetting.

Also, I'd like to see a strength feat of Chris's that isn't PIS. Anything, please. Like opening a gate, lol. That's about like Leon pushing a dumpster. Majini survive Chris punches all the time.

That's kewl. What does that have to do with Chris reacting to Wesker, and doing super strength stuff?

Wesker's speed >>>>> Krauser's

Leon was never hit in canon by the SMG.

Not really. Chris is capable of beating the shit out of Wesker in H2H (Granted, Chris has the advantage), and Wesker is apparently trained in martial arts. Coupled by the fact that Chris has superior reaction speed, and strength, he would wreck Leon in CQC

PIS? 'fraid not mah boy. Chris' retarded feats of strength are largely consistent, and you can only say PIS so many times. Chris' strength is not PIS.

Gameplay's pretty kewl. Chris can tank multiple punches from the much stronger Ndesu, who can rip 40 ton boulders straight out of the ground and hurl them at Chris.

Your feeble attempts are only delaying the inevitable.

Ridley_Prime
And Leon was saved multiple times by Ada. Your point?

Majini survive Chris punches all the time.
Uh, no they don't. Were we even playing the same game here?

You didn't address the fact that they cant stand when the door is open and she can.
Because it wasn't the same situation. The plane was crashing much faster than the one Claire was in, too.

PIS? 'fraid not mah boy. Chris' retarded feats of strength are largely consistent, and you can only say PIS so many times. Chris' strength is not PIS.
Yeah. Chris has too many superhuman feats of strength to just brush off as PIS. If it were only one or two, I would understand.

laughing out loud

LLLLLink
That's kewl. What does that have to do with Chris reacting to Wesker, and doing super strength stuff?

Wesker's speed >>>>> Krauser's

Leon was never hit in canon by the SMG.

Not really. Chris is capable of beating the shit out of Wesker in H2H (Granted, Chris has the advantage), and Wesker is apparently trained in martial arts. Coupled by the fact that Chris has superior reaction speed, and strength, he would wreck Leon in CQC

Gameplay's pretty kewl. Chris can tank multiple punches from the much stronger Ndesu, who can rip 40 ton boulders straight out of the ground and hurl them at Chris.

All I gathered was "Leon is all gameplay. Chris is all PIS."

Chris's reaction time is faster? Please. Leon. Lasers. 'Nuff said.

Ridley_Prime
Chris has dealt with lasers too. no expression

LLLLLink

Because it wasn't the same situation. The plane was crashing much faster than the one Claire was in, too.

Yeah. Chris has too many superhuman feats of strength to just brush off as PIS. If it were only one or two, I would understand.

Ada helping Leon? Sure, but it isn't even comparable to the reliance Chris had on Sheva.

Plane was crashing faster? How did you determine that?

Care to name any of those other superhuman feats?

FinalAnswer
All I gathered was "Leon is all gameplay. Chris is all PIS."

Chris's reaction time is faster? Please. Leon. Lasers. 'Nuff said.

Chris doesn't use PIS though. Are you retarded or something?

Laser's were never aimed directly at Leon, and they never moved at bullet speed, shit, they didn't even move faster then the eye can see. Besides, Chris also dodged lasers in Umbrella Chronicles.

Your Leon fanfaggotry does not amuse me.

Ridley_Prime
Ada helping Leon? Sure, but it isn't even comparable to the reliance Chris had on Sheva.
Yes it is, considering he got plenty of help from Ada in RE2 and the Darkside Chronicles as well, not just RE4. Chris only got help from Sheva in one game. Not to mention, Leon would've died in the knife fight with Krauser had Ada not stepped in a the last second.

Plane was crashing faster? How did you determine that?
By watching the cutscenes and estimating the amount of time it took for them to crash?

Care to name any of those other superhuman feats?
I could, but knowing you, you'd just dismiss them as PIS or something, so why bother?

LLLLLink
Yes it is, considering he got plenty of help from Ada in RE2 and the Darkside Chronicles as well, not just RE4. Chris only got help from Sheva in one game. Not to mention, Leon would've died in the knife fight with Krauser had Ada not stepped in a the last second.

By watching the cutscenes and estimating the amount of time it took for them to crash?

I could, but knowing you, you'd just dismiss them as PIS or something, so why bother?

This is RE4 Leon. Post was meaningless.

I thought that Claire didn't crash until they got to the Artic? Not comparable, if so.

That's probably because they are PIS, or the feats simply don't exist.

@ FA: I seemed to remember Leon backflipping out of the way of laser that cut on while he was standing in the trajectory of them. Even still, your argument is pointless, because even though Chris may have dodged lasers in his game, he would still get diced by the laser hallway. Show me Chris with a feat of agility in RE5 and perhaps I'll retract my statements.

FinalAnswer
FA: I seemed to remember Leon backflipping out of the way of laser that cut on while he was standing in the trajectory of them. Even still, your argument is pointless, because even though Chris may have dodged lasers in his game, he would still get diced by the laser hallway. Show me Chris with a feat of agility in RE5 and perhaps I'll retract my statements.

Are you srsly trying to argue Leon is faster then ****ing lasers, which means he has light speed reactions? Cause if so, please GTFO.

Why? Why exactly would a stronger, RE5 Chris lose the agility he had 6 years ago? Not that agility matters here, Chris has faster reaction speed.

Also, answer my earlier points you coward. YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVAH

LLLLLink
Are you srsly trying to argue Leon is faster then ****ing lasers, which means he has light speed reactions? Cause if so, please GTFO.

Why? Why exactly would a stronger, RE5 Chris lose the agility he had 6 years ago? Not that agility matters here, Chris has faster reaction speed.

Also, answer my earlier points you coward. YOU CAN'T HIDE FOREVAH

No, YOU were the one that said that the lasers dont even move as fast as the eye can see. Way to fall on your own argument...

Chris still has his agility? Look at a vid of Leon jumping through a window and Chris jumping through a window, and you tell me who is more graceful. roll eyes (sarcastic)

FinalAnswer
No, YOU were the one that said that the lasers dont even move as fast as the eye can see. Way to fall on your own argument...

Chris still has his agility? Look at a vid of Leon jumping through a window and Chris jumping through a window, and you tell me who is more graceful. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I said the lasers moving at Leon didn't move faster then the eye can see, as from my recollection, he was never in their trajectory. Even if Leon DID dodge a laser like you say, such a retarded event would be blatant PIS.

Dun't really care. It's not like this is some retarded gymnastics contest or something, it's a fight. Chris possesses both superior reaction speed and strength. He will destroy Leon.

Answer my previous points mah boi.

LLLLLink
I said the lasers moving at Leon didn't move faster then the eye can see, as from my recollection, he was never in their trajectory. Even if Leon DID dodge a laser like you say, such a retarded event would be blatant PIS.

Dun't really care. It's not like this is some retarded gymnastics contest or something, it's a fight. Chris possesses both superior reaction speed and strength. He will destroy Leon.

Answer my previous points mah boi.

PIS? You mean like punching boulders in an active volcano, while the guy you are fighting just stands back, frozen in time by the powers of a cutscene?

Let me answer your "previous points" in the same manner that you have answered mine:

FinalAnswer
PIS? You mean like punching boulders in an active volcano, while the guy you are fighting just stands back, frozen in time by the powers of a cutscene?

Let me answer your "previous points" in the same manner that you have answered mine:

I. DUN'T. CARE.

Wesker could have been giving Chris a handjob for all I care, Chris has shown the sufficient strength to do stupid stuff like moving boulders with uppercuts. Or pushing bins full of steel girders all on his lonesome.

I accept you concede to those points then.

I_Cheat_U_LOSE

Ridley_Prime
This is RE4 Leon. Post was meaningless.
My point still stands regardless of what you think of the post. Leon has had much more help from others overall than Chris has from Sheva.

I thought that Claire didn't crash until they got to the Artic? Not comparable, if so.
Yup.

That's probably because they are PIS, or the feats simply don't exist.
No, you'll just say that they're PIS in some fool attempt to downplay Chris like you've been doing so far, which is why I wouldn't waste time listing all of his feats for you.

edit:

Originally posted by I_Cheat_U_LOSE
First of all Chris and Leon are allies and would not fight each other. The only way they would fight each other is if one of them betrayed each other or one of them was infected with a virus that brainwashes them.

If Chris is brainwashed then Leon will find a way to snap Chris out of it and Leon wins, vice versa.

Now if Chris or Leon betrayed each other and are now enemies:

-Chris is stronger (bolder-punch), has better endurance (can take more damage), and better with firearms (was an ex-marksman)

-Leon is more agile (seen in surviving death traps in RE4 and degeneration), resourceful (good judgment on where to jump and which ledges to hang on to), and better at martial arts (can match Krauser with a knife)

If they fought each other with guns, Leon’s agility and good judgment will cause him to dodge and evade a lot of Chris’ shots. But eventually, Leon will slip up and make one mistake and it only takes one well-aimed bullet to kill Leon. So Chris would win but without taking a few rounds in his chest from Leon before he shoots and kills Leon. He would die within minutes without medical attention from the blood lost.

If they both ran out of bullets and now had to fight hand to hand or with knives, Leon wins no contest. Chris might be stronger, but an attack is useless if it misses. Leon will have to whack Chris with a couple of hits before Chris goes down since Chris and pretty high endurance. Ultimately Leon will be winded and out of breathe after the fight, but he will defeat Chris in the end when it comes down to melee on melee.

Since RE is a game where you primarily fight using guns and its bullets that kill, Chris has the overall advantage.
This post probably wins the thread. thumb up

FinalAnswer

I_Cheat_U_LOSE
It's a hypothetical battle, the context doesn't have to make sense.

Anyway, most of your post was accurate, though it should be noted Chris fought Wesker, who also is a martial artist, in H2H.

Your H2H post is also wrong.

Chris easily has faster reaction speed (Dodged Wesker shooting at him, reacting to Wesker's attacks), is atleast as skilled, is stronger, faster (Managed to tag Wesker, a casual bullet timer), and moar endurant, meaning even if Leon hits Chris, Chris will prolly not die.

Chris murders Leon in H2H

Context is very important in a battle.
In hypothetical battles there is no clear and guarantee winner, unless the opponent is seriously outclassed every way possible, there are only advantages, likelihoods, and probabilities for one character to defeat another. Since you cannot automatically assume a character will use a certain weapon/strategy/magic/skill, etc in a hypothetical battle victory is always uncertain. However, using context helps clears up this ambiguity in hypothetical battles thus giving a certain character the edge under certain circumstances.
Given the proper context, weaker opponents have the potential to defeat stronger opponents. Thus context matters.

Although Chris has fought Wesker, Chris fought Wesker WITH Sheva or Jill depending whether you're playing RE5 or Lost in Nightmares. So it cuts Chris' contribution to the fight against Wesker in half. Also Chris was not dominating nor easily defeating Wesker in hand to hand, he was getting overwhelmed and needed Sheva's help. However, Chris was able to take hits and blows from Wesker while he was getting overwhelmed which shows his endurance. Being able to counter-attack Wesker and avoid his shots in gameplay can only be taken with a grain of salt because these scenarios can differ depending upon what the player chooses to do. There are too many variables in gameplay mechanics to be taken as an absolute; gameplay mechanics are best used to get the jist of a character's capabilities.

I am still going to give the edge in melee on melee combat to Leon over Chris. Because this is a hypothetical battle, I am not wrong about this. Likewise, you favoring Chris in H2H is not wrong either because its hypothetical. The only way either of us can be wrong is unless Capcom shows Leon and Chris fighting hand to hand, and does not give Leon or Chris the villain handicap.
We just don't agree who is better in terms of hand to hand.

FinalAnswer
k

Pretty sure it's canon Sheva ran off to fight Jill by herself during the first fight. But the main point is Chris can react to Wesker, then beat the crap out of him. It also should be noted during the Knife Fight, Krauser seemed to have the upper hand, and actually seemed to be toying with Leon, and Leon would have died if not for Ada.

k

LLLLLink
I. DUN'T. CARE.

Wesker could have been giving Chris a handjob for all I care, Chris has shown the sufficient strength to do stupid stuff like moving boulders with uppercuts. Or pushing bins full of steel girders all on his lonesome.

I accept you concede to those points then.

Naw, you conceded first, pal.

RP, show feats or stop harping them, please. Thanks.
And how does Ada/Luis/Ashley/Mike helping Leon occasionally > Sheva helping Chris the ENTIRE game plus her little backup squad?

Chris may have punched a boulder, but Leon killed that lake monster with some hand-thrown harpoons.

FinalAnswer
Naw, you conceded first, pal.

Chris may have punched a boulder, but Leon killed that lake monster with some hand-thrown harpoons.

....No I didn't erm

And....how exactly does that make Leon stronger then Chris? no expression

LLLLLink
....No I didn't erm

And....how exactly does that make Leon stronger then Chris? no expression

...Whatever you say.

Not sure, but it sure sounded impressive, didn't it?

Phanteros
...Whatever you say.

Not sure, but it sure sounded impressive, didn't it? No it doesn't considering people in the in the Ice age can kill a mammoth with spears as well.

LLLLLink
Originally posted by Phanteros
No it doesn't considering people in the in the Ice age can kill a mammoth with spears as well.

Cuz Mammoth > RE4 lake monster, right?

FinalAnswer
...Whatever you say.

Not sure, but it sure sounded impressive, didn't it?

Not really, considering Leon used dozens of spears applied directly to the mouth/forehead, and Del Lago has no durability feats.

LLLLLink
Not really, considering Leon used dozens of spears applied directly to the mouth/forehead, and Del Lago has no durability feats.

Mouth/forhead is a gameplay option. It could be the tip of the tail, really.

True, Del Lago (thx for the name) has no feats, but Leon did pretty good for a guy weakened by Las Plagas.

Just realized, Leon is on meds half the game.no expression

FinalAnswer

True, Del Lago (thx for the name) has no feats, but Leon did pretty good for a guy weakened by Las Plagas.

Just realized, Leon is on meds half the game.no expression

Key word, "could"

Leon didn't get the Plagas pains until after he raped Del Lago, and I have seen no evidence Las Plagas weakened him.

k.

Nemesis X
Leon gives Chris an overdose of steroids.

/thread.

Sin_Volvagia

That last thing you said is a gameplay option. The most logical way of slaying Del Lago would be to throw harpoons on its head and in its mouth.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Leon gives Chris an overdose of steroids.

/thread.

Silly little man, there is no such thing as an overdose to Chris.

LLLLLink
Key word, "could"

Leon didn't get the Plagas pains until after he raped Del Lago, and I have seen no evidence Las Plagas weakened him.

k.

Yeah.

Well, whose to say he wasn't immediately weakened when he got injected? Food for thought.

You try doing the stuff Leon does when you are pregnant with a Las Plagas parasite and then tell me that it doesn't affect your abilities. I'm joking, of course.

If I was allowed to use Degeneration (which I'm not), then I would have some fantastic Leon strength and durability feats for you.

FinalAnswer
Yeah.

Well, whose to say he wasn't immediately weakened when he got injected? Food for thought.

You try doing the stuff Leon does when you are pregnant with a Las Plagas parasite and then tell me that it doesn't affect your abilities. I'm joking, of course.

If I was allowed to use Degeneration (which I'm not), then I would have some fantastic Leon strength and durability feats for you.

Assumptions.

But how exactly does Las Plagas weaken him?

Doubt they would be > Chris. Show me anyway for the lulz of it.

LLLLLink
Assumptions.

But how exactly does Las Plagas weaken him?

Doubt they would be > Chris. Show me anyway for the lulz of it.

How does Las Plagas weaken any other human?

cjc9QIXGftI

Endurance feat @ 0:25. Agility feat right after that.

FinalAnswer
It doesn't.

Kay, seen it. What else?

LLLLLink
It doesn't.

Kay, seen it. What else?

It doesn't? no expression

There's a part after that where Leon is holding up the girl and the monster with one arm while dangling off of a metal frame using only his leg. And he isn't straining at all. Gotta find that...

Nemesis X
Leon has more strength in his legs than Chris and yet Chris has more strength in his arms than Leon. If Leon kicks Chris and Chris punches Leon at the same time, it could possibly be a tie.

LLLLLink
Leon got the crap knocked outta him. So much so that he went careening through the air and slammed against a wall. And it didn't hurt him at all. no expression

FinalAnswer
Leon has more strength in his legs than Chris and yet Chris has more strength in his arms than Leon. If Leon kicks Chris and Chris punches Leon at the same time, it could possibly be a tie.

Leon's kick wouldn't really harm Chris.

FinalAnswer
Leon got the crap knocked outta him. So much so that he went careening through the air and slammed against a wall. And it didn't hurt him at all. no expression

That's cool.

Chris can hurt a guy who, while weakened, can fall out of a plane into a volcano, and remain unharmed, with his punches.

FinalAnswer
It doesn't? no expression

There's a part after that where Leon is holding up the girl and the monster with one arm while dangling off of a metal frame using only his leg. And he isn't straining at all. Gotta find that...

Yeah, dangling off something and only holding on with one arm, Leon seems to like doings that.

He did it a couple times in RE4 if I recall.

Nemesis X

You can't really prove that he didn't get hurt. Chances are he did but can learn to deal with it or something.

In the weapons department, Chris wins due to having a satellite laser cannon that he equips later in Resident Evil 5.

Nemesis X
Leon's kick wouldn't really harm Chris.

Leon's kicks can make a Ganados' head explode.

LLLLLink
You can't really prove that he didn't get hurt. Chances are he did but can learn to deal with it or something.

In the weapons department, Chris wins due to having a satellite laser cannon that he equips later in Resident Evil 5.

No bodily damage, and no slowing of his pace means that it didn't hurt him.

Nemesis X
No bodily damage, and no slowing of his pace means that it didn't hurt him.

You aren't arguing against the laser cannon. You admit Leon can't beat Chris with something like that?

LLLLLink
Here are some vids that show Leon and Chris doing the same thing: knocking over canisters full of chemicals. The only difference is that Leon's seems to be secured to the wall by a brace.

Here's Chris. It's right at the start of the vid:

uG-eN_dfRuQ

Here's Leon. It's @ 2:56 :

KC3H8vDKTpE

FinalAnswer
Leon's kicks can make a Ganados' head explode.

That's kewl. Chris can take a punch from Wesker who, while weakened, punched through steel.

LLLLLink
Look at mah vids. Do eet nao!

FinalAnswer
Leon's canisters were lighter 131

LLLLLink
Leon's canisters were lighter 131

Heh, you smartass. big grin

ropedawg
Leon for life hes the only bad ass the send into a war zone alone Chris is always with a team he always needs support Leon is nothing but pure bad ass all he needs is his pistol and knife and he'll take down a country Leon is my guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by ropedawg
Leon for life hes the only bad ass the send into a war zone alone Chris is always with a team he always needs support Leon is nothing but pure bad ass all he needs is his pistol and knife and he'll take down a country Leon is my guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Code Veronica, he infiltrated Rockfort Island on his lonesome, so you're wrong.

Chris punches Leon's face in.

Nemesis X
Chris punches Leon's face in.

Nah. Leon throws his knife in Chris' knee and backflip kicks him right in the jaw.

ropedawg
Code veronica is only one game the rest he has backup plus Leon is just so much cooler. So much "swag" and still kicks ass plus Leon has his own movie granted its not the best movie ever made but he has a movie. A MOVIE!!!!!!! Chris is to emotional.

FinalAnswer
Nah. Leon throws his knife in Chris' knee and backflip kicks him right in the jaw.

Chris punches the knife and causes it to rebound into Leon's jugular.

Too emotional? Lol,

LUIIIIIIIIIS

MIIIIIIIIIIKE

ADAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Please create a real argument.

Nemesis X
Chris punches the knife and causes it to rebound into Leon's jugular.

Impossible.

Agreed.

FinalAnswer
Impossible.

Nothings impossible for CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

Nemesis X
Nothings impossible for CHRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS!

And you tell ropedawg to make a real argument.

FinalAnswer
And you tell ropedawg to make a real argument.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WjKxJwiy3Cw/TJETclNzSkI/AAAAAAAAANM/bBiZmh2zZUo/s1600/Albert+wesker.jpg

Nemesis X
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_WjKxJwiy3Cw/TJETclNzSkI/AAAAAAAAANM/bBiZmh2zZUo/s1600/Albert+wesker.jpg

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a106/Orion19819/Sprays/Video%20Games/NemesisCoolFace.jpg

Zack Fair
Leon >>> Chris

FinalAnswer
In coolness.

Chris would beat him up though. uhuh

NemeBro
I am pretty sure Chris could literally cave Leon's skull in with his fist.

General Kaliero
If it was hand-to-hand Chris would curbstomp Leon.

Give them knives though, and I bet Leon would edge out as victor.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Gumachi
Who wins?
Too vague to answer.

Chris is physically stronger but this does not necessarily gives him much advantage. I have seen people with not so impressive physical build, doing impressive physical feats and compensate with other skills.

As far as survival skills are concerned, both are very good.

In addition, both have impressive feats to their name. Therefore, tough to give a definite answer.

However, Leon is better fighter in my opinion. During events of RE5, Chris got tremendous help from his female partner. In short, he made it through team effort. In comparison, Leon has been mostly on his own in his adventures and survived with minimum external help.

Ridley_Prime
I guess we'll again ignore the times Chris has been on his own.

Nemesis X
I guess we'll again ignore the times Chris has been on his own.

While Chris may have been on his own at a mansion and a facility in Antarctica, Leon was strolling through a good portion of Europe and then an island that had threats that put the ones in the Arklay Mountains and the Antarctic facility to shame in comparison (sort of). Chris has faced forces simliar to the ones from Europe in Africa but unlike Leon, the dude had help through the whole thing.

Stealth Moose
Really, just watch Resident Evil: Degeneration and compare it with cutscenes from the RE5 library. Chris is no pushover. He's an excellent shot, scrapper, and strong as hell. But Leon is equally deadly with weapons, faster, and arguably smarter as well. Some of the spur-the-moment stuff Leon does in the games and the movie boggle the mind, while Chris spends much of RE5 being made a complete fool of by Wesker and co.

FinalAnswer
Chris was able to at least competently fight against Wesker. Who, going by feats, would make short work of Leon.

Zack Fair
LoL.

Stealth Moose
Chris was able to at least competently fight against Wesker. Who, going by feats, would make short work of Leon.

You must have slept through RE 5. Wesker made Chris his ***** regularly. Only through superior overconfidence did Wesker not destroy Chris and Sheva multiple times throughout the game.

Meanwhile, Leon solos half of Spain, including some of the largest bio weapon enemies to date and then goes on to survive the events of Degeneration, with some insanely quick thinking and survival techniques.

Hell, Chris just points his gun at Wesker and says "Freeze" every time he sees the guy, hoping it'll work. Cuz you know, genocidal mad scientists are all about Miranda Rights.

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
You must have slept through RE 5. Wesker made Chris his ***** regularly. Only through superior overconfidence did Wesker not destroy Chris and Sheva multiple times throughout the game.

Meanwhile, Leon solos half of Spain, including some of the largest bio weapon enemies to date and then goes on to survive the events of Degeneration, with some insanely quick thinking and survival techniques.

Hell, Chris just points his gun at Wesker and says "Freeze" every time he sees the guy, hoping it'll work. Cuz you know, genocidal mad scientists are all about Miranda Rights.

Chris was capable of reacting to Wesker's attacks, surviving hits from him, and knocking him on his ass with a punch. Physically, Chris is superior to Leon, except in agility. The only question is maybe skill, but think about this. In 1998, Leon was a rookie cop. Chris was part of STARS. And they only got better from there.

Stealth Moose
Chris was capable of reacting to Wesker's attacks, surviving hits from him, and knocking him on his ass with a punch.

Really, my problem is this: You made the argument that Chris > Leon by virtue of Wesker > anything Leon has fought. You did not support this (mostly because it's not supportable). Chris' victory over Wesker was not absolute domination. It was extremely plot-device ridden, and the amount of times Wesker didn't kill Chris and Sheva when he had the chance blows my mind. If anything, the fight before Wesker's injected with the antivirus is the most telling - Wesker utterly beats down both without any effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tCkLAb5nS4

Really, there's no contest. Wesker is not a good bar for Chris because he's well outside of Chris' class. That's like saying Jill beats Claire because Jill killed Nemesis, ignoring the fact that Nemesis routinely beat Jill's ass.

Chris is physically bigger. However, Leon has incredible wiry strength. His hold on Angela in the end of Degeneration required an insane amount of physical body strength. Leon's also demonstrated considerably better flexibility, speed, and on-the-spot thinking. The idea of skill correlating to years of experience in given units is misleading; as a rookie cop, Leon went through more shit than Chris did at the mansion. Leon's also a highly trained operative, and his handling of the G-type in the movie and the Las Plagas outbreak in Spain was more intense and physically and mentally demanding by comparison.

The one thing I give Chris is that he has a better haircut.

FinalAnswer
Really, my problem is this: You made the argument that Chris > Leon by virtue of Wesker > anything Leon has fought. You did not support this (mostly because it's not supportable). Chris' victory over Wesker was not absolute domination. It was extremely plot-device ridden, and the amount of times Wesker didn't kill Chris and Sheva when he had the chance blows my mind. If anything, the fight before Wesker's injected with the antivirus is the most telling - Wesker utterly beats down both without any effort.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6tCkLAb5nS4

Really, there's no contest. Wesker is not a good bar for Chris because he's well outside of Chris' class. That's like saying Jill beats Claire because Jill killed Nemesis, ignoring the fact that Nemesis routinely beat Jill's ass.

Chris is physically bigger. However, Leon has incredible wiry strength. His hold on Angela in the end of Degeneration required an insane amount of physical body strength. Leon's also demonstrated considerably better flexibility, speed, and on-the-spot thinking. The idea of skill correlating to years of experience in given units is misleading; as a rookie cop, Leon went through more shit than Chris did at the mansion. Leon's also a highly trained operative, and his handling of the G-type in the movie and the Las Plagas outbreak in Spain was more intense and physically and mentally demanding by comparison.

The one thing I give Chris is that he has a better haircut.

It does not matter if Wesker "toyed" with them, or that Chris had support, physically, he was still capable of surviving hits from Wesker, the same hits that can punch through steel, he can react to him, him being faster then bullets, and he can floor Wesker with a punch.

Well, no, Jill beats Claire because while both are relatively physically the same, though one would expect Jill to be superior, due to her professional background, but because Jill has far superior training. The Wesker comparison is because Chris fighting with Wesker and being capable of doing what he does puts him a league above Leon physically.

Does not compare to Chris moving a 10 ton boulder, or pushing a cart full of steel girders.

Flexibility I will give him, Chris reacting to Wesker and his pistol is superior to anything Leon's done though.

All Leon did was run away in RE2, Chris actually fought his way through the mansion to complete his objectives, and, while psychologically, RE4 was a more harrowing experience then RE5, Chris went through worse things in RE5.

Naw, Leon's haircut is the stuff of legends.

RE: Blaxican
It does not matter if Wesker "toyed" with them, or that Chris had support, physically, he was still capable of surviving hits from Wesker, the same hits that can punch through steel, he can react to him, him being faster then bullets, and he can floor Wesker with a punch.
Because PIS doesn't exist in video games? Come on, man. We all know those fights were BS. Everytime Chris and Wesker fought in a cutscene, Wesker whooped his ass effortlessly, despite Shiva being there too (and arguably being a better/faster fighter).

FinalAnswer
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
Because PIS doesn't exist in video games? Come on, man.

Chris is consistently displayed as super human, PIS can only be screamed so many times.

How many superhuman feats can you provide for Chris that weren't performed during gameplay segments?

FinalAnswer
The same amount that Sora's done.

Stealth Moose
How many superhuman feats can you provide for Chris that weren't performed during gameplay segments?

^ This. Any time Wesker punched Chris, Chris was pretty much down on the ground, looking for his brains. In-game battles don't count; that's game mechanics.

I don't see what you're arguing here. Hell, if you've actually seen Degenerations, you might realize the extent to which Leon is the superior combatant. Chris' RE 5 showings simply don't compare.

Also, how the hell did you come about "ten tons" as a weight for that boulder? Are you just making up stuff now? And your other points... Pull up Netflix, watch Degeneration. Then go to RE 5 and watch the Wesker fight scenes. Tell me with conviction that Leon is slower, dumber, and weaker than Chris.

TH3_V01D
I agree with blaxican, Chris is no superhuman, he is just a very strong dude, and he just pushed the boulder. and LOL gameplay feats, Sheva is a skinny ass woman and also can knock out wesker with kicks.

Resident Archives II also stats the only fight against Wesker is in the Hangar area, Jill wesker vs sheva chris is PURE GAMEPLAY

Edit: Is just me or Sheva has better showings fighting wesker than chris going by the last part of RE5?

Chris should better start doing his mission alone, seriously after RE4 i dont think leon needs this helena *****.

FinalAnswer
^ This. Any time Wesker punched Chris, Chris was pretty much down on the ground, looking for his brains. In-game battles don't count; that's game mechanics.

I don't see what you're arguing here. Hell, if you've actually seen Degenerations, you might realize the extent to which Leon is the superior combatant. Chris' RE 5 showings simply don't compare.

Also, how the hell did you come about "ten tons" as a weight for that boulder? Are you just making up stuff now? And your other points... Pull up Netflix, watch Degeneration. Then go to RE 5 and watch the Wesker fight scenes. Tell me with conviction that Leon is slower, dumber, and weaker than Chris.

They're primarily through game-reactions, which people use aplenty for Sora and Kratos...so, no.

No.

Because that boulder weighs about 10 tons. And no.

NemeBro
I got ScreamPaste to calculate the weight of the boulder a while back and it was about ten tons.

He also crushes steel helmets by stomping on them.

Chris and Leon are both blatantly superhuman, honestly. Chris just has the edge in physical strength.

Zack Fair
Leon has some insane durability and/or damage soak. I remember him getting hit by the G-Virus monster at the end of Degeneration, fly a shitload of meters, slam into something and getting back on his feet like nothing happened.

Stealth Moose
So.... a forum member I'm not familiar with can vouch for the boulder claim of it was ten tons? Sounds legit.

Also, love how you're running with game mechanics as proof of "superhuman" strength, even though RE has never given any inclination that Chris has superhuman strength. In fact, his battles with Wesker pretty much conclusively prove he's just a buff human being.

NemeBro
Also, love how you're running with game mechanics You keep using that word.

It does not mean what you seem to think it means.

Yes it does.

Furthermore, I have long been a proponent of the school of thought that says that Sora,s qte feats aren't canon.

NemeBro
That's because you're an idiot though.

Only in Florida is "idiot" a synonym for "completely right as always".

Ridley_Prime
Why are we even bringing Degeneration Leon in here? I thought this was RE5 Chris vs RE4 Leon... *looks at thread title*

If the Leon side is just bringing in Degeneration feats because they can't prove he can beat Chris with his RE4 feats alone, then I take that as a concession. 313 At least, for this thread.

Chris is consistently displayed as super human, PIS can only be screamed so many times.
Also this, though Leon has displayed the same at times.

Stealth Moose
Why are we even bringing Degeneration Leon in here? I thought this was RE5 Chris vs RE4 Leon... *looks at thread title*

If the Leon side is just bringing in Degeneration feats because they can't prove he can beat Chris with his RE4 feats alone, then I take that as a concession. 313 At least, for this thread.

Also this, though Leon has displayed the same at times.

Degeneration takes place less than a year after RE 4, and Leon's physical prowess is about the same. RE 4 has some amazing showings which I'm surprised no one else has brought up including:

1. The knife fight with Krauser, who is as big as Redfield. Close quarters melee.

2. Leon's brief close tangle with Ada was an impressive recovery. Only her explosive sunglasses allowed her the opportunity to escape.

3. Leon nails Salazar's hand from a good 50+ feet away with a knife throw at the drop of a hat. Afterwards, he avoids impalement by clever means of a grappling hook. Again, huge emphasis on lightning quick reflexes here.

4. Every baddie that Leon fights in RE 4 is immense and powerful. From the lake monster to Bitorez Mendez, the Right Hand, Salazar and finally Saddler. To put things in perspective, Leon kills an El Gigante on foot in a small area, while Sheva and Chris both use mounted weapons to combat just one.

This isn't saying Chris is drastically worse. He's not. But Leon's showings indicate at least some superiority. I happen to think Leon's just smarter too.

Ridley_Prime
Regardless of when Degeneration took place, this thread topic seems to be strictly RE4 Leon as far as feats go. If we were to include Degen though then I guess he would arguably have the most advantage, not that it would exactly be a fair comparison since Chris hasn't been shown kicking ass in any of the CGI films as yet.

I'm surprised those RE4 feats of Leon's haven't been brought up too then if that's the case, even though Ada saved him during his first encounter with Krauser and some other occasions.

But Chris's accuracy and reaction feats against majinis and such (some instances in which he saved Sheva in the process) should be brought up as well, like when he shot down a majini on a turret while in a fast moving boat from far away with just a regular pistol, etc. That and being an ex-marksman shows Chris is better than Leon with guns, while Leon's better with knives. As for fighting Wesker, the only thing that's PIS at this point as far as I'm concerned is them conveniently having the serum to overdose and weaken him with after chasing off Excella earlier. Them countering Wesker's moves and the hits they landed on him (like when Chris shot Wesker before getting double kicked) in the plane cutscene was all skill on their part, not gameplay mechanics or whatever it's being brushed off as.

Wesker was also drugged at that point. ...and he had also been shot in the face with a rocket, five minutes prior.

This is what it looks like when Chris and Sheva fight a full strength Wesker:

6tCkLAb5nS4

I'm really curious to see what horrible argument is going to be made in an attempt to pretend that scene never happened. Wesker was handling both of them effortlessly. Simultaneously.

Ridley_Prime
Wesker was also drugged at that point.
I brought that up already. Wesker still had plenty fight left in him after that though regardless, and for Chris to react/counter his attacks and land a shot on him or two in the plane cutscene is still impressive, with how fast Wesker was still moving at that time.

edit: I wasn't denying that they were no match for him before he was overdosed with the serum. I myself said that them conveniently having the serum to inject him with was PIS. Everything else was fair game.

...and he had also been shot in the face with a rocket, five minutes prior.
Him getting shot with rockets was all gameplay. Try again.

FinalAnswer
Leon kills an El Gigante on foot in a small area, while Sheva and Chris both use mounted weapons to combat just one.

FYI Ndesu is superior to the El Gigante, what with him tearing 50 ton boulders out of the ground and throwing them. And I'd say Chris and Sheva had a harder fight, given that they were immobile the entire time.

I brought that up already. Wesker still had plenty fight left in him after that though regardless, and for Chris to react/counter his attacks and land a shot on him or two in the plane cutscene is still impressive, with how fast Wesker was still moving at that time.He wasn't moving at bullet dodging speeds after the serum injection, though. In fact he seemed way slower in almost every way. Is it "impressive", well, that's relative.

Which is my entire point. "Crushing people's heads with a punch" and quick-time events are also gameplay.

FYI Ndesu is superior to the El Gigante, what with him tearing 50 ton boulders out of the ground and throwing them. And I'd say Chris and Sheva had a harder fight, given that they were immobile the entire time.

Where'd you get 50 tons from? If that's a calc based off of real world math, you'd have to take into account that:

1. They were standing on dirt. The floor wasn't made out of stone. Ergo that would be a giant ball of dirty and soil, not solid stone.

and

2. If it really was a 50 ton stone boulder, then shooting it with a gatling gun wouldn't make it shatter into a million pieces. A 50. caliber round would barely put a dent in a stone boulder, and those gatling guns weren't even using 50. caliber rounds if the damage they were doing to the zombies on the bikes and trucks earlier are any indication.

Ridley_Prime
He wasn't moving at bullet dodging speeds after the serum injection, though.
orly?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v648/RidleyPrime/My%20pictures%20and%20animations/old%20computer%20pictures/Wesker-Evil.gif

I'll admit he seemed a bit slower at some parts though, but he still had some bullet dodging moments after the injection.

Which is my entire point. "Crushing people's heads with a punch" and quick-time events are also gameplay.
The fight with Chis & Sheva and Wesker on the plane is still essentially a cutscene though. You can even rewatch it as one (without having to do any of the quick-time events) on the cutscenes menu of the game. Wesker getting hit by rockets on the other hand, was never in a cutscene (before he fused with Uroboros) and was pure gameplay

Zack Fair

Just remembered that particular scene. I'm not arguing anything.

Stealth Moose

Blax covered it. Not sure why you're arguing those with definite numbers.

Also, the Ndesu is more resilient to firearms and larger, but Sheva and Chris simply had to duck to dodge its attacks, whatever ones they could not simply shoot at.

By comparison, Leon had to fight his first without ample cover or "duck method". He also battled two more in the mines. This is important because the feat indicates physical prowess and agility in combat. I'm sure in the same situation, Leon could duck and shoot.

ichigo12
Yay, so Leon win this one!!!!

Zack Fair
So how did it go in RE6? A clear winner, or did Capcom wuss out and go for the stalemate?

Estacado
Stalemate.

Zack Fair
Figures

Estacado
Spoilers ahead..
MxTh68PQpVg

TheHulk
Originally posted by Estacado
Spoilers ahead..
MxTh68PQpVg Of Course It Will Be A Stalemate! This Happens All The Time,Big Two Main Characters In Resident Evil Go H2H Obviously The Capcom Won't Let Either get Beaten By The Other! Kinda Like Ryu vs Ken...

Ridley_Prime
I can live with a stalemate honestly, even as long as these two characters have been debated.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.