Sarda the Sage vs. Mxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Original Smurph
They fight.

LDHZenkai
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sarda_the_Sage#Sarda_the_Sage

stalemate

Original Smurph
orly?

xJLxKing
Mxy. Being omnipotent, and stopping times doesn't mean you can destroy infinite realities.

Mxy can do everything Sarda did and more.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Being omnipotent, and stopping times doesn't mean you can destroy infinite realities.
Doesn't mean you can't, either.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Original Smurph
Doesn't mean you can't, either.
Up to you to prove he can your your argument is void

Ha Son
Sarda the Sage ftw.

Mxy. Being omnipotent, and stopping times doesn't mean you can destroy infinite realities.

Mxy can do everything Sarda did and more.

Dude, please tell me you're joking...

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Ha Son
Sarda the Sage ftw.

no! why do you say sarda

Enyalus
Originally posted by Ha Son
laughing out loud

I just caught that. "Being omnipotent doesn't mean you can..."

Haha.

Original Smurph
Up to you to prove he can your your argument is void I haven't actually argued anything.

I am bored though, so I'll bite.

Seeing as Sarda's supposedly been responsible for creating the universe, and altering universal laws on a whim, and being completely omnipotent, I would say that it's unreasonable to believe that Mxy's capable of harming him.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Enyalus
laughing out loud

I just caught that. "Being omnipotent doesn't mean you can..."

Haha. lulz... I was gonna point that out, but I figured he'd just refer to Odin or someone else referred to as "omnipotent" that actually isn't.

xJLxKing
He was trapped in a universe by a white mage.

Mxy has destroyed a multiverse and recreated it with a snap of his fingers. He also bends rules as well.

kgkg
He was trapped in a universe by a white mage.

Mxy has destroyed a multiverse and recreated it with a snap of his fingers. He also bends rules as well.
Mxy got depowerd by a low tier magician, and also was nearly killed by Prime.

Low feats.

But unless there are "feats" to prove that Sarda can do what Mxy did. The "Omnipotent" statement is all we can go by really.

Feat wise Mxy win.

Original Smurph
He was trapped in a universe by a white mage. lolwut? no he wasn't.

Long prior to Sarda's current incarnation (billions of years or so), when he was slightly less powerful, he traveled back to the beginning of the universe. White Mage happened to be there too because he sent her back there in the future.

Nobody trapped anybody... when Sarda was less powerful, he simply got screwed over by his future, more powerful self.

Don't cite the comic unless you've read it. Seeing as it's online, it really shouldn't be hard to check your facts rather than simply quoting wikipedia.

Original Smurph
Seeing as Sarda's supposedly been responsible for creating the universe ^This is the role that accidently got usurped by White Mage, just for clarity's sake.

Of course, White Mage was only responsible for creation because Sarda put her there so she could be... but it wasn't exactly a power feat.

Original Smurph
Originally posted by kgkg
Mxy got depowerd by a low tier magician, and also was nearly killed by Prime.

Low feats.

But unless there are "feats" to prove that Sarda can do what Mxy did. The "Omnipotent" statement is all we can go by really.

Feat wise Mxy win. Well, Sarda rewrote history while making dinner.

He has zero low feats in his current incarnation.

I'm only arguing this for kicks, but there's really nothing to suggest that Mxy could do anything to Sarda.

xJLxKing
lolwut? no he wasn't.

Long prior to Sarda's current incarnation (billions of years or so), when he was slightly less powerful, he traveled back to the beginning of the universe. White Mage happened to be there too because he sent her back there in the future.

Nobody trapped anybody... when Sarda was less powerful, he simply got screwed over by his future, more powerful self.

Don't cite the comic unless you've read it. Seeing as it's online, it really shouldn't be hard to check your facts rather than simply quoting wikipedia.
I did cite it since I've never heard of Sarda.

Either way, I don't see how he can win against Mxy. He hasn't don't anything unless you can prove it that shows him being more stronger.

Original Smurph
I did cite it since I've never heard of Sarda.

Either way, I don't see how he can win against Mxy. He hasn't don't anything unless you can prove it that shows him being more stronger. Cool, cool.

Anyways, I never actually said Sarda wins.

Just challenged the assertion that Mxy wins.

Furthermore, why couldn't Sarda depower him like Mxy's been apparently depowered before? This is a legitimate question, I don't really know the details of what happened last time.

xJLxKing
Cool, cool.

Anyways, I never actually said Sarda wins.

Just challenged the assertion that Mxy wins.

Furthermore, why couldn't Sarda depower him like Mxy's been apparently depowered before? This is a legitimate question, I don't really know the details of what happened last time.
Mxy was never depowered. He platted a game with Prime. Prime even admitted that all that magician was doing was keeping him in that place.

Original Smurph
Mxy was never depowered. He platted a game with Prime. Prime even admitted that all that magician was doing was keeping him in that place. Oh, that instance. I HAVE read that, come to think of it.

With Zatanna's opposite.

Well, seeing as Sarda is a ridiculously more powerful mage than her, I suppose that's always an option.

xJLxKing
Oh, that instance. I HAVE read that, come to think of it.

With Zatanna's opposite.

Well, seeing as Sarda is a ridiculously more powerful mage than her, I suppose that's always an option.
I don't know about you, but I seriously would consider that PIS. He could have snap his finger and destroyed her with prime and anyone else

Original Smurph
I don't know about you, but I seriously would consider that PIS. He could have snap his finger and destroyed her with prime and anyone else Apparently he couldn't.

xJLxKing
Apparently he couldn't.
Couldn't? Or wasn't allowed by writer. Prime also admitted that Mxy was more powerful then either of them.

Also, if mxy wanted to, he could have killed them both even if he was trapped there.

Original Smurph
Couldn't? Or wasn't allowed by writer. That's the same thing.

Also, if mxy wanted to, he could have killed them both even if he was trapped there. According to... you? Or was this stated?

xJLxKing
That's the same thing.

According to... you? Or was this stated?
One is PIS, and the other isn't.

If he has the ability, but didn't do it, then PIS. If he can't do it because he has no power, then it's not PIS.

He wasn't depowered so he should have been able to

Original Smurph
One is PIS, and the other isn't.

If he has the ability, but didn't do it, then PIS. If he can't do it because he has no power, then it's not PIS.

He wasn't depowered so he should have been able to My bad. I forgot that we knew that Mxy completely lacked any weaknesses and that he was impossible to depower. It's a good thing that we know the exact workings of Annataz (Anataz?)' power, and its effect on imps, otherwise that would be a hard conclusion to come to.

Enyalus
Zatanna spelled backwards, Smurph. Alternate Zee from Earth-Three, IIRC.

Original Smurph
Zatanna spelled backwards, Smurph. Alternate Zee from Earth-Three, IIRC. I know, I know.

I just didn't know whether it was originally spelled Zatana or Zatanna and was too lazy to google.

Thanks for the clarification, though.

Enyalus
She was powerful enough to hold Mxy in...bondage, as inappropriate as that sounds. But not powerful enough to depower him.

I'm not into FF, but Sarda certainly seems above an alternate Zee in magic skill.

Original Smurph
She was powerful enough to hold Mxy Sounds like Mxy was depowered on some level then.

I'm not into FF Yah, me neither.

8-Bit Theater is legitimately hilarious though.

Galan007
With Zatanna's opposite.

Well, seeing as Sarda is a ridiculously more powerful mage than her, I suppose that's always an option. Per Prime, Mxy > Annataz. So tell me, how much sense does it make that she was able to muck with his powers? About as much sense as any PIS makes, I guess..

8-Bit Theater is legitimately hilarious though. thumb up

Original Smurph
Originally posted by Galan007
Per Prime, Mxy > Annataz. So tell me, how much sense does it make that she was able to muck with his powers? About as much sense as any PIS makes, I guess.. If I knew the exact mechanics of Annataz's power, I would answer that question.

Mxy's power output > Annataz, I don't doubt that. Still haven't really heard why Annataz couldn't catch him by surprise with something to hold him in place.

srug

Galan007
Mxy's power output > Annataz, I don't doubt that. Still haven't really heard why Annataz couldn't catch him by surprise with something to hold him in place.

srug That's, more or less, what she did. My issue with that is I can't think of a reason why she, being a weaker character, would be able to hold Mxy/muck with his powers, against his will.

LDHZenkai
Originally posted by Galan007
That's, more or less, what she did. My issue with that is I can't think of a reason why she, being a weaker character, would be able to hold Mxy/muck with his powers, against his will.
it just happened so the sbp fanboys could be like "sbp beat up mxy with teh punches!". it was pure pis in every sense of the word. If the spectre can't depower mxy or ej and keep them from destroying the multiverse im pretty sure zantanna couldn't.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
it just happened so the sbp fanboys could be like "sbp beat up mxy with teh punches!". it was pure pis in every sense of the word. If the spectre can't depower mxy or ej and keep them from destroying the multiverse im pretty sure zantanna couldn't.
thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.