Quinlan Vos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CadoAngelus
A jedi that is uncredited in Ep1. He was meant to be a part of the Order in the films, even prospectively having an appearance in Ep3, but was never cast.

He's been in many an EU story arc, and it's even been said he will make an appearance in the up coming SW TV Series...

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/d/d4/Quinlan.jpg

JediRobin23
Does Lucas take characters from EU?

ares834
Originally posted by JediRobin23
Does Lucas take characters from EU?
Yes, for example he took Aayla Secura.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Vos did have a cameo in episode 1... seen pictures. he's in that part where jar jar ate the frog thing that hit sebulba.

wookieepedes said something about Vos not knowing Qui-Gon was there. which puzzles me a bit, for it seems that Qui-Gon and the rest had just passed him by. *blink* maybe he just wasn't paying attention (which is.. sort of unlikely, IMHO)...

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Jaeh.is.Awesome
Vos did have a cameo in episode 1... seen pictures. he's in that part where jar jar ate the frog thing that hit sebulba.

wookieepedes said something about Vos not knowing Qui-Gon was there. which puzzles me a bit, for it seems that Qui-Gon and the rest had just passed him by. *blink* maybe he just wasn't paying attention (which is.. sort of unlikely, IMHO)...

I was actually intreged by this guy, i read a bit up on him after reading through the cast and crew of Ep1 on Wookiepedia, and saw his name. Now i've read a couple of The Clone Wars graphic novels, and i thought he was purely EU, but when I read up on him, Turns out he has a cameo.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/cc/Akims_Munch.jpg

I also read somewhere (possibly Wookiepedia again) that GL was thinking about casting him in the TV Series...

sweersa
Very cool, I had no idea he was in Episode I. I am suprised that Qui-Gon didn't feel his Force presence or something.

His name was mentioned in ROTS.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by CadoAngelus
I was actually intreged by this guy, i read a bit up on him after reading through the cast and crew of Ep1 on Wookiepedia, and saw his name. Now i've read a couple of The Clone Wars graphic novels, and i thought he was purely EU, but when I read up on him, Turns out he has a cameo.

http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/c/cc/Akims_Munch.jpg

I also read somewhere (possibly Wookiepedia again) that GL was thinking about casting him in the TV Series...

ah. that's the pic I saw, yes. don't know a lot about him, for I don't read alotta graphic novs of SW (because I can't get some, go-figure).
He is an intriguing character though, that much I got from wookieepedia.

hm. Interesting, indeed. I'm still quite confused on where GL is going with the tv series...

Originally posted by sweersa
Very cool, I had no idea he was in Episode I. I am suprised that Qui-Gon didn't feel his Force presence or something.

His name was mentioned in ROTS.

'xactly. maybe they did notice each other - but were too busy to care. heh, heh, heh.

hm? really? when?

sweersa
ah. that's the pic I saw, yes. don't know a lot about him, for I don't read alotta graphic novs of SW (because I can't get some, go-figure).
He is an intriguing character though, that much I got from wookieepedia.

hm. Interesting, indeed. I'm still quite confused on where GL is going with the tv series...

'xactly. maybe they did notice each other - but were too busy to care. heh, heh, heh.

hm? really? when?

When Anakin came late to a meeting/briefing and Obi-Wan gave him a brief summary then said something like the Chancellor is making him feel uneasy.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
When Anakin came late to a meeting/briefing and Obi-Wan gave him a brief summary then said something like the Chancellor is making him feel uneasy.

ooooh I need to check that out.

Jovan
I thought the EU came up with Vos well after EpI, considering he's in the Clone Wars... The reason why GQJ didn't feel Vos is easy: at that point they hadn't picked him as a Jedi yet. wink

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by Jovan
I thought the EU came up with Vos well after EpI, considering he's in the Clone Wars... The reason why GQJ didn't feel Vos is easy: at that point they hadn't picked him as a Jedi yet. wink

then its not really a cameo by Vos - its more of he was just an extra who just miraculously happened to be a jedi too.

JediRobin23
This guy looks like a bum in the film, in the above picture. The very top picture looks like a dignified jedi

?????

JediRobin23
A dignified Jedi wouldn't be sitting with sebulba. So, is this the same dude?

Jaeh.is.Awesome
Originally posted by JediRobin23
This guy looks like a bum in the film, in the above picture. The very top picture looks like a dignified jedi

?????

he was supposed to be "undercover"... as said by wookieepedia. xD

Jovan
then its not really a cameo by Vos - its more of he was just an extra who just miraculously happened to be a jedi too.
more of an extra who miraculously got picked to feature as a Jedi in the EU...
I find it rather silly: they picked someone who "looked cool" and made him into a Jedi. Than they need a stupid reason to explain why QGJ wouldn't notice that guy (even glance for a milisecond at him)... They couldn't find anything better than "he was undercover and was hiding his presence". From who? Not the Sith because they all think that those don't exist anymore and we don't know of any other force-sensitive people on Tatooine.

CadoAngelus

Thats pretty much it...he was technically casted as Quinlan Vos, but only after that did Quinlan Vos become a jedi in the EU...

Jaeh.is.Awesome
more of an extra who miraculously got picked to feature as a Jedi in the EU...
I find it rather silly: they picked someone who "looked cool" and made him into a Jedi. Than they need a stupid reason to explain why QGJ wouldn't notice that guy (even glance for a milisecond at him)... They couldn't find anything better than "he was undercover and was hiding his presence". From who? Not the Sith because they all think that those don't exist anymore and we don't know of any other force-sensitive people on Tatooine.

true, true.

They could've made anyone into a jedi then. even jar jar. they could say that he has high midi-chlorians and just wasn't discovered by the jedi. the reason that Qui-Gon didn't sense it (or didn't care) was that he was too old and Anakin's force presence overwhelmed his.

so easy to do it, then.

sweersa
Whats that mark across his face?

CadoAngelus

Tattoo? Sunblock? He can't put makeup on properly?

dunno lol

Jaeh.is.Awesome
I think its something about his home planet customs what-not thing. I don't remember, its on wookieepedia. I'm too lazy to check...

CadoAngelus
I think its something about his home planet customs what-not thing. I don't remember, its on wookieepedia. I'm too lazy to check...

So it's more likely to be a tattoo...

JediRobin23
he was supposed to be "undercover"... as said by wookieepedia. xD

Quigon didn't sense his presence

~:Mr.Anderson:~
Why would quigon choose to reveal the location of an undercover operative by going "HEY OL JEDI BUDDY WAZZZUP?!" Its pretty likely that obi wan and qui gon knew he was there but didnt bring him to anyones attention.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
So it's more likely to be a tattoo...

actually, according to wookieepedia it IS a tattoo, applied to "Kiffar", Vos' race when they were young.

Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~
Why would quigon choose to reveal the location of an undercover operative by going "HEY OL JEDI BUDDY WAZZZUP?!" Its pretty likely that obi wan and qui gon knew he was there but didnt bring him to anyones attention.

Point.

sweersa
Originally posted by ~:Mr.Anderson:~

Very good point sir.

queeq
This an EU thread. Moving it there

mattatom
Originally posted by queeq
This an EU thread. Moving it there
Even though we can clearly see him there in Episode 1?
He might have also been mentioned in EU content but then so has nearly everything else.

Eminence
He's also mentioned in RotS.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
...we got moved anyway...

ah well. He is mostly EU, isn't he?

Captain REX
Mostly, yes. The 'cameo' in Episode I was actually the person that they based Vos's appearance off of.

Jaeh.is.Awesome
so, is that guy really Quinlan Vos then, or just some random guy they based him off?

Captain REX
It was ret-conned to be Vos. He was on an undercover mission and so made no effort to talk with Qui-Gon.

Nephthys
Maybe Qui-Gon and Vos just weren't on speaking terms. Vos seems to be a pretty stand-offish person, so maybe he made fun of Qui-Gon's hair/name or something so niether really felt like having a conversation cuz they hate each other.

CadoAngelus
"...hate leads to suffering." - Yoda, Ep1

doubt they hate each other, they're probably just avoiding to not insight the fact that they "don't agree" on certain things lol

Kovacs86
Thats pretty much it...he was technically casted as Quinlan Vos, but only after that did Quinlan Vos become a jedi in the EU...

Didn't he train with Qui Gon or Obi Wan or something...? I vaguely remember something like that...

CadoAngelus
Originally posted by Kovacs86
Didn't he train with Qui Gon or Obi Wan or something...? I vaguely remember something like that...

Obi-Wan i think, something on Wookiepedia about it...

as young Padawans they meditated together or something

Jaeh.is.Awesome
yeah, Obi-Wan.

Nah, I think they were on speaking terms. I remember reading something on wookieepedia about Vos saying that if he knew Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were in trouble he would've helped.

Captain REX
Indeed. Otherwise, he didn't want to blow his cover.

olympian
more of an extra who miraculously got picked to feature as a Jedi in the EU... They couldn't find anything better than "he was undercover and was hiding his presence". From who? Not the Sith because they all think that those don't exist anymore and we don't know of any other force-sensitive people on Tatooine.
Not hiding, simply working undercover. According to the comic, Quin might have noticed him, but was aware he would be on a mission. Vos, being on a mission obviously didn`t made any further contact and wasen`t aware that Quin would face a Sith lord.

Obi-Wan i think, something on Wookiepedia about it...

as young Padawans they meditated together or something
They served in the Hyperspace War together. It was noted by Obi Wan later in the Republic series, that when either master would leave for a mission, they would train together. They`r friendship started that way.

Kiffar culture. Everyone on the planet got that mark.

Major Valerian
Did you notice this thread was more than a year old? Just askin'.

REXXXX
It happens. At least he contributed.

olympian
Originally posted by Major Valerian
Did you notice this thread was more than a year old? Just askin'.

No, i apologize for that. I haven`t been here in a good while myself.

darth radon
Originally posted by Jaeh
he was supposed to be "undercover"... as said by wookieepedia. xD he was under cover leader of the spy net work

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.