Galactus vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

skyfather
Galactus is on course to devour Thanos's planet where his base is,Thanos has a week to prepare for the arrival of Galactus.

In that week he can use any of his technology and resource he has to stop/deter Galactus from devouring his base planet.

so

The Devour of Worlds
vs
The Mad Tian

Can Galactus be stopped?

Survivor19
Thanos makes an army of mindraped Galactus heralds, calls in Beta Ray Bill, reactivates Omega clone, and calls Tenebros&Aegis for help.

I think Thanos stops the Big G.

OneDumbG0
I guess Galactus understanding he is going to devour Thanos' world and recognizing he will meet resistance from Thanos doesn't factor in this fight?

skyfather
Originally posted by OneDumbG0
I guess Galactus understanding he is going to devour Thanos' world and recognizing he will meet resistance from Thanos doesn't factor in this fight? He doesnt know Thanos resides on this planet as it is pretty much called a name less planet.

OneDumbG0
^ Thanos is wily enough to pull together a good plan to deter Galactus. It wouldn't be easy, but he can do it.

Thanos 6/10.

celestialdemon
With a week prep, I think Thanos can come up with a plan to beat Galactus the majority of the time.

Nihilist
With a week prep he could summon his armada/star fleet for starters.

OneDumbG0
Originally posted by Nihilist
With a week prep he could summon his armada/star fleet for starters. I found it odd that Thanos' armada could destroy Omega when Galactus himself has eaten stars... meh.

Doom and Gloom
Without a plot device it won't make any difference. I find it strange that Thanos knows a week in advance that G is coming yet G with his universal awareness doesn't know Thanos is there until the very last second.

G devours the planet and Thanos barely escapes with his life.

Enyalus
...Thanos has beaten Galactus with a few hours of prep and borrowed, sufficiently downgraded tech from what he normally has.

Thanos takes this 10/10, with ease.

Doom and Gloom
Originally posted by Enyalus
...Thanos has beaten Galactus with a few hours of prep and borrowed, sufficiently downgraded tech from what he normally has.

Jobbing and PIS aside that shouldn't happen

Enyalus
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
Jobbing and PIS aside that shouldn't happen
Except that none of that was involved.

Doom and Gloom

It's always involved when someone like G loses to someone like Thanos

AlmightyKfish
Thanos can def deter him imo.

I mean, Galactus prolly just wouldn't be bothered enought to fight through all of Thanos' equipment from prep, and would find somewhere less troublesome.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Doom and Gloom
It's always involved when someone like G loses to someone like Thanos
Not when prep is involved. And Thanos = God of Prep. He beat two universal-scale threats with a few hours prep, at the same time. With a week prep, he dominates every time.

LDHZenkai
yes but thanos is only able to do all that b/c the writers decided they liked him better than other characters. a creature like thanos vs an abstract being like galactus shouldn't even be a question. Unless this is a severely weakened galactus who has no cosmic awareness.

Enyalus
Originally posted by LDHZenkai
yes but thanos is only able to do all that b/c the writers decided they liked him better than other characters. a creature like thanos vs an abstract being like galactus shouldn't even be a question. Unless this is a severely weakened galactus who has no cosmic awareness.
Dude, not even Quan would say Thanos beats Galactus straight up. But with prep? Of course he does.

No PIS or favoritism involved.

Slaanesh
Thanos..he has done in before..he can do it again..

TricksterPriest
Thanos can definitely win this, but most of his usual shit is not going to work here. Galactus not knowing Thanos will be there is rediculous, since his CA should tell him that, but since that's a condition of the OP, nm.

Thanos straight up does not have the power to beat Big G or amp himself to the level where he can take on a serious Galactus. His best chance lies in a trap.

IMO, even if Thanos win, I see it being a pyrric victory most of the time. His planet is not getting out unscathed, if it survives the fight. It would be better to use the planet itself as a trap, but I think the OP prohibits this.

D_Dude1210
Thanos could (and prolly would) just trick Galactus into eating some other poor sap's planet.

Preferably, a planet inhabited by someone he doesn't like.

Tenebrous

G has been on the receiving end of much worse than being in the middle of two planets colliding. I know its canon but it is Starlin's book and Thanos had to overcome him somehow...without any plot device objects starlin came up with the two planets and a nuke arsenal erm

Utrigita
From my point of view it to some degre depends on in which way Galactus chooses to devour the planet. Will he get down and begin to set up his elemental converter, will be devour it without it ore will he simply devour it from afar? From my point of view each Scenario gives Thanos a lesser respond time and he will have to prep for each scenario against Galactus the from afar being the most difficult imo.

Tenebrous
I think Thanos has a chance, but he has limited options.

Barring any plot device object, Thanos' best chance is to use Galactus' tech against him somehow, since Thanos has stated previously that the workings of Galactus' tech is beyond his understanding (Thanos limited series) and since Thanos used Galactus' own tech in annihilation because only by using galactus' own tech could thanos achieve his objective (transforming G into the power syphon/source for annihilus).

alternatively he can figure out a way to cloak the planet, which has been used successfully before to avoid detection by G.

lastly, he can rig some kind of interplanetary explosion like in thanos #6 and teleport just before impact. the planet is gone of course, but thanos prevented G from devouring it

In any case, Thanos actually did have to deter G before from eating Rigel...Thanos was unsuccessful, but he did have much less than a week to prepare.

Naija boy
Originally posted by Tenebrous
G has been on the receiving end of much worse than being in the middle of two planets colliding. I know its canon but it is Starlin's book and Thanos had to overcome him somehow...without any plot device objects starlin came up with the two planets and a nuke arsenal erm

That was truly a sad moment in comicdom.

janus77
why couldn't Galactus just turn Thanos into a mindless herald, if Thanos puts up too much of an obstruction?

Galactus is supposed to be a much higher intelligence than Thanos, so that alone should significantly mitigate against the lop-sided prep-conditions.

Further, Galactus could also turn Thanos into dust with a direct hit or two.

frommd
I give this to Thanos based on the fact that Galactus mindlessly needing to eat a planet makes this a weakened Galactus.

occultdestroyer
Current versions.

Thanos is dead, Galactus looks stronger than ever

Survivor19
Well, since Thanos is dead, he wins.

occultdestroyer
Originally posted by Survivor19
Thanos has a prune for a chin.
I agree

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.