Rumble in the cosmic Jungle -

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Juk3n
First to last. Order.

t1) Genis-Vell/Stardust

t2) Superman/GL Hal

t3) Blackbolt/Beta Ray Bill

t4) Gladiator/Quasar

t5) Sentry/Thor

t6) Sersi/Morg

t7) Silver Surfer/Hyperion

t8) Lightray/Orion

Mindset
All current or last seen versions?

Survivor19
T7)
PC FTW

Mindset
Originally posted by Survivor19
T7)
PC FTW erm

Juk3n
Originally posted by Mindset
All current or last seen versions?

yes, but thats not to say the strongest incarnations of each, but you could say the strongest incarnation they have upto the highest Herald level.

Mindset
Originally posted by Juk3n
yes, but thats not to say the strongest incarnations of each, but you could say the strongest incarnation they have upto the highest Herald level. Hmm, well I don't know enough about Genis then, he hasn't been high herald for years.

Enyalus
Some of these teams placements depend on who faces who. Gladiator and Supes, for instance, have weaknesses that some of the teams would exploit - causing them to go down quickly.

T1 comes in first. T8 second. And T5 probably third.

Original Smurph
T2.

Any weakness that people might exploit in Superman, Hal can cancel. And I don't see anybody going to the trouble of figuring out and exploiting an obscure weakness like kryptonite in the middle of this battle.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Original Smurph
T2.

Any weakness that people might exploit in Superman, Hal can cancel. And I don't see anybody going to the trouble of figuring out and exploiting an obscure weakness like kryptonite in the middle of this battle.
How is Hal going to cancel out a red solar radiation blast? Shield Superman? While he's fighting another herald?

Raoul
Originally posted by Enyalus
How is Hal going to cancel out a red solar radiation blast? Shield Superman? While he's fighting another herald?

red solar radiation is cancelled out by exposure to yellow sunlight. one yellow solar radiation blast would put clark back to normal. hell, for superman to be in this fight, there has to be a yellow sun present...

red sun blasts are only so effective...

Original Smurph
How is Hal going to cancel out a red solar radiation blast? Shield Superman? While he's fighting another herald? Create armor for Superman. Make a GL shield that covers them both. Or just beat whoever he's fighting and repair Supes.

Besides, it would need to be a ridiculous amount of exposure to red sun radiation to take out Kal right now.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
red solar radiation is cancelled out by exposure to yellow sunlight. one yellow solar radiation blast would put clark back to normal. hell, for superman to be in this fight, there has to be a yellow sun present...

red sun blasts are only so effective...

Looked effective when Ruin was using them. And Amazo. And Lex's Kryptonian battle suit.

Lightray can freakin' create whole red suns. And last version of Genis was Photon (light = photons).

And if for whatever reason that fails to work, there's always BFR for some of these teams. T2 definitely isn't first place, under any scenario.

Original Smurph
Looked effective when Ruin was using them. And Amazo. And Lex's Kryptonian battle suit.

Lightray can freakin' create whole red suns. And last version of Genis was Photon (light = photons).

And if for whatever reason that fails to work, there's always BFR for some of these teams. T2 definitely isn't first place, under any scenario. I've seen lightray make a sun before. It completely drained him of energy, and wasn't nearly as big as a red sun would need to be.

Superman's also resisted red sun radiation plenty of times.

T2 has all the skill, versatility and raw power of any of the other teams.

Enyalus
I've seen lightray make a sun before. It completely drained him of energy, and wasn't nearly as big as a red sun would need to be.

Superman's also resisted red sun radiation plenty of times.
He's been depowered almost instantly from red sun exposure semi-recently, when Sol turned red during his time in the 31st century...91 million miles away, isn't it?

Original Smurph
He's been depowered almost instantly from red sun exposure semi-recently, when Sol turned red during his time in the 31st century...91 million miles away, isn't it? Didn't Superman have no yellow sunlight exposure at the time?

Wouldn't be the case here.

And, once again, in a battle of these proportions, I don't see anybody going out of their way to highlight one opponents specific weaknesses.

Raoul

And if for whatever reason that fails to work, there's always BFR for some of these teams. T2 definitely isn't first place, under any scenario.

ruin was pre IC, and his example is contradicted by examples later in that same arc:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_17-01.jpg

and subsequent issues of Superman:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v655/pr1983/th_10-2.jpg

Amazo hit him while he was indoors. he had no yellow sun exposure to counteract the red sun's effects, which i seriously doubt would be the case here...

What Lex Battlesuit instance are you referring to?

He's been depowered almost instantly from red sun exposure semi-recently, when Sol turned red during his time in the 31st century...91 million miles away, isn't it?

there was no yellow sun to counteract it.

Enyalus
What Lex Battlesuit instance are you referring to?
I have in mind when Eclipso possessed that female doctor from STAR labs (I'm not sure of her name), and she was in nothing but pink underwear, lol.

there was no yellow sun to counteract it.
Ah, true.

Raoul

I have in mind when Eclipso possessed that female doctor from STAR labs (I'm not sure of her name), and she was in nothing but pink underwear, lol.

that was either superman 216, or an issue of AOS, number... 639, iirc.

again, no yellow sun, as the battle was at night time... he needs to be in the path of direct sunlight, and then it's all good...

Enyalus
that was either superman 216, or an issue of AOS, number... 639, iirc.

again, no yellow sun, as the battle was at night time... he needs to be in the path of direct sunlight, and then it's all good...
It was probably AOS.

Okay. Genis, Stardust, BRB, Quasar, Thor, Surfer Lightray and Orion (w Boomtube) are all capable of BFRing Superman either into a red sun, a black hole, or an entirely different dimension.

Could Hal retreive him? Yeah. If he knew where Kal was sent. Can he do it while fighting someone else? Probably not, if the opponent is halfway decent. And this is just assuming we don't use the weakness exposure thing for Glads or Supes.

I really, really can't see T2 coming in #1.

Raoul
It was probably AOS.

Okay. Genis, Stardust, BRB, Quasar, Thor, Surfer Lightray and Orion (w Boomtube) are all capable of BFRing Superman either into a red sun, a black hole, or an entirely different dimension.

Could Hal retreive him? Yeah. If he knew where Kal was sent. Can he do it while fighting someone else? Probably not, if the opponent is halfway decent. And this is just assuming we don't use the weakness exposure thing for Glads or Supes.

I really, really can't see T2 coming in #1.

i never actually claimed team 2 would win, lol... i was just debating the red sun part...

and i agree with smurph on the point that it's unlikely any one team is going to have the time to concentrate on using one character's weakness against them while fighting off other heralds.

thats of course if they don't team up...

Enyalus
i never actually claimed team 2 would win, lol... i was just debating the red sun part...

I got that. I was just reiterating my initial point. smile

T1 (my pick) might not win it all , but T2 definitely isn't. stick out tongue

Raoul
I got that. I was just reiterating my initial point. smile

T1 (my pick) might not win it all , but T2 definitely isn't. stick out tongue

laughing out loud

i'd give team 2 a shot, but there are just too many high end energy wielders, imo...

and i don't know much about several of the competitors either, so it's not an entirely educated guess...

Original Smurph
It was probably AOS.

I really, really can't see T2 coming in #1. Stardust had major trouble just trying to BFR Bill.

lol @ Orion or Bill fighting like that.

Lightray has never made a red sun, has he? I know making a smaller sun drained him of all his energies. Somehow I don't see him sacrificing even half his energy just to take out one opponent in the midst of this brawl.

That leaves Quasar, Genis, Thor and Surfer. I don't think that any of them are going to be able to tear themselves away from their opponents longer than you've pointed out that Hal would be able to. I also don't see any one of them opting to BFR Supes based on how they fight while they're in this massive brawl. For most, it takes time and effort that they can't afford to allocate.

Just my opinion of course... I just don't see any form of BFR that could catch Supes being a viable option in this scenario.

Enyalus
That leaves Quasar, Genis, Thor and Surfer. I don't think that any of them are going to be able to tear themselves away from their opponents longer than you've pointed out that Hal would be able to. I also don't see any one of them opting to BFR Supes based on how they fight while they're in this massive brawl. For most, it takes time and effort that they can't afford to allocate.

Just my opinion of course... I just don't see any form of BFR that could catch Supes being a viable option in this scenario.

Wouldn't Genis and Surfer be matching up against Supes? (If you go by the first/second order of the team layout.) Surfer could definitely do it. And Genis did it to Sentry...3 times in one battle (once off-panel.) We both know Sentry ain't Supes, but they've got a similar powerset.

Raoul
i thought this was a 16 character free for all?

Original Smurph
i thought this was a 16 character free for all?

Hyperion Prime
Originally posted by Juk3n
First to last. Order.

t1) Genis-Vell/Stardust

t2) Superman/GL Hal

t3) Blackbolt/Beta Ray Bill

t4) Gladiator/Quasar

t5) Sentry/Thor

t6) Sersi/Morg

t7) Silver Surfer/Hyperion

t8) Lightray/Orion

T2 wins this and it ain't because of Superman. Hal will make all the difference in this fight. He will make it possible for Supes to go all out.

a close second would be T7

Naija boy
T1

Enyalus
Originally posted by Naija boy
T1
*high-five*

kgkg
Is this Free For All team battle?

or is the question which is the best team regardless which other team they are fighting?

If it's the former with this many people it's impossible to choose a winning team due to so many variations.

Mindset
No, only possible answer is that T1 wins.

Enyalus
No, only possible answer is that T1 wins.
The only truly difficult question is how does Genis have sex with Stardust afterwards? Celebrating time, for sure. But, she'd be tricky to figure out what goes where. Even for one who is cosmically aware. wink

kgkg
The only truly difficult question is how does Genis have sex with Stardust afterwards? Celebrating time, for sure. But, she'd be tricky to figure out what goes where. Even for one who is cosmically aware. wink He will use his Omniversal telepathy to have mental sex.

Nihilist
T1

The Pict
I haven't read too many comics with Genis-Vell in them, but I'm sure he was almost killed by Atlas, which is a pretty poor showing. Or am I thinking of someone else?

Enyalus
Originally posted by The Pict
I haven't read too many comics with Genis-Vell in them, but I'm sure he was almost killed by Atlas, which is a pretty poor showing. Or am I thinking of someone else?
Right guy. Although, Purple Man was interfering with his Cosmic Awareness and Atlas smashed him from behind, then kept hitting him while he was on the ground. They were supposed to be on the same team.

Still PIS though, considering he's taken physical blows from Drax, Maestro, and Ronan before.

psycho gundam
i can totally see blackbolt trying his best to hold back in the melee, but after he gets hit with a couple stray ray blasts, a full-on scream makes it's first appearance.

kgkg
Originally posted by psycho gundam
i can totally see blackbolt trying his best to hold back in the melee, but after he gets hit with a couple stray ray blasts, a full-on scream makes it's first appearance. I don't think we have yet seen a full scream from Black Bolt in 616 universe.

He did use his full scream on Doom in a What If. Surprisingly Doom mentioning this scream is a good feat initself because doom defeated Wakanda , Atlantis , Asgard prior to his battle with BB.

Naija boy
Right guy. Although, Purple Man was interfering with his Cosmic Awareness and Atlas smashed him from behind, then kept hitting him while he was on the ground. They were supposed to be on the same team.

Still PIS though, considering he's taken physical blows from Drax, Maestro, and Ronan before.

Pfft. Surfer can take genis prior to his insane period.uhuh

Enyalus
Pfft. Surfer can take genis prior to his insane period.uhuh
Prior to his insane period, CM and Surfer were portrayed as pretty much equal...in CM books.

Naija boy
Prior to his insane period, CM and Surfer were portrayed as pretty much equal...in CM books.

Heh. We must not have been reading the same comics stick out tongue

kgkg
Prior to his insane period, CM and Surfer were portrayed as pretty much equal...in CM books. When was this?

I remember Legacy getting his ass kicked twice. wink

has there been any newer portrayal of these characters?

The only time I remember a comparative of these two characters was in Omega saga where Strange pretty much says SS is > CM.

I would say they are well match with Genis improvement in power. Maybe an edge to Genis

Mindset
Insane Genis or anything later beats SS

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
When was this?

I remember Legacy getting his ass kicked twice. wink
Those were SS books. Plus, it's Legacy.

I'm talking about the "Totally Cosmic" storyline in CM v3 9-11.

They also look pretty equal during Marvel: The End. In fact, Thanos puts Genis in charge of everyone while he goes into the Heart, even though SS is right there.

Naija boy

Those were SS books. Plus, it's Legacy.

I'm talking about the "Totally Cosmic" storyline in CM v3 9-11.

They also look pretty equal during Marvel: The End. In fact, Thanos puts Genis in charge of everyone while he goes into the Heart, even though SS is right there.

In the CM storyline when Surfer wanted to kill kelly, He was portrayed as having the ability to easily take out CM and Moondragon. Even rick said that "He'll take u down without a thought" referring to Surfer against CM.

Enyalus
In the CM storyline when Surfer wanted to kill kelly, He was portrayed as having the ability to easily take out CM and Moondragon. Even rick said that "He'll take u down without a thought" referring to Surfer against CM.
erm They were virtual equals throughout that entire arc.

Naija boy
erm They were virtual equals throughout that entire arc.

I didnt see so much evidence of equality. I mean sure they fought alongside each other but they never really had any direct confrontations (except once when Genis rammed surfer when he wrongly thought surfer was trying to kill kelly). Aside that though there was only one direct comparison in the arc and surfer was presented as superior.

Mindset
In the CM storyline when Surfer wanted to kill kelly

Genis rammed surfer when he wrongly thought surfer was trying to kill kelly) ?

kgkg
? Ge is probably referring to this incident.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2282/31711981.th.jpghttp://img15.imageshack.us/img15/273/79154834.th.jpg

I would agree with Ninja boy on this wink

Mindset
I'm asking how both of those posts can be correct.

kgkg
I'm asking how both of those posts can be correct. Oh.

When Rick said Surfer can take Genis with a thought, Surfer was gonna/trying to kill her.

When Genis Rushed Surfer in the scan I posted Surfer wasn't trying to kill her he was aiming for the Super-Skrull.

kgkg
Originally posted by Enyalus Those were SS books. Plus, it's Legacy. True that but that's the only real fight these guys have. Like I said Current Genis should win against Surfer if he goes all out. Much better higher end feat I guess

Surfer seemed to be in charge there wink I don't see where your getting that they were portrayed equal.

I think that had more to do with proximity that his confidence in his power. Because he was trying to go for the heart and Genis was right beside him. That was a perfect distraction erm

Original Smurph
I'm asking how both of those posts can be correct. By not both referring to the same instance...?

Mindset
By not both referring to the same instance...? It's already been clarified, but thanks for the input.

Original Smurph
It's already been clarified, but thanks for the input. K. No worries. smile

Mindset
I'm gonna put you on a spaceship and shoot you into space. uhuh

Naija boy

Grrr mad Naija boy.

kgkg
Grrr mad Naija boy. Ninja sounds better wink does Naija mean Nigerian?

Mindset
No, it means ninja in Nigerian.

Raoul
it's slang for Nigeria or a person from Nigeria...

Naija boy
Ninja sounds better wink does Naija mean Nigerian?

Yeah. Ninja sounds................................gay.uhuh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.