WWH/Rulk vs Sentry/Hercules

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

guy222
cool robot

Warlord
Team 2 just because I have faith on Sentry...wink

guy222
Coolies

janus77
Rulk/Hulk.
Hulk's already proven to be a significantly greater power than Sentry, and Hercules is easy meat for Rulk.

Uxas Khan
Sentry><WW Hulk,current Hercules beats Rulk in a fight=Team 2ftw

tkitna
Originally posted by janus77
Hulk's already proven to be a significantly greater power than Sentry

Really?

guy222
Who wins buddy

wannabe
Rulk/Hulk.
Hulk's already proven to be a significantly greater power than Sentry, and Hercules is easy meat for Rulk. When did that happen???
Last time i checked Hulk only barely won against Sentry.
Herc is a pretty good match for Rulk and i'd give him the majority, especially since he's as dirty fighting as Rulk but stronger.

Team two ftw ... but only barely.

starlock
Team 1 for the win.

The Nuul
Bruce beats Bob again. Rulk beats Herc.

Raoul
Th'ulks..

illadelph12
ugh3

Raoul
Originally posted by illadelph12
ugh3

Who let you out of the kitch- i mean, phantom zone, yeah, phantom zone...

Harbinger
Rulk/Hulk.
Hulk's already proven to be a significantly greater power than Sentry, and Hercules is easy meat for Rulk. Because we all know stalemating= being significantly stronger than your opponent.

The Nuul
Hulk didnt beat Sentry, it was a stalemate and it was Banner that beat Bob in the end.

vansonbee
I lean toward the Hulk team, Sentry has potential, but didn't display any of it yet!

Hercules can hold his own against Hulk or Rulk.

tkitna
If we set all the BS aside,,team 2 should win.

In a comic,,team 1 wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Team two but they come out feeling it for a while.

Sentry has to much versatility he didn't use in his fight with World War Hulk in my opinion. He just stood there taking punches to the face and kept on talking.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Team two but they come out feeling it for a while.

Sentry has to much versatility he didn't use in his fight with World War Hulk in my opinion. He just stood there taking punches to the face and kept on talking. You are right, Sentry didn't seem to be in control at all of his powers in WWH, and this is the dude who stalemate Galactus?

Not sure you have read Hercules #128, but the Sentry didn't display Superman reaction speed, taking few dirty hits from Hercules and bit of CIS. stick out tongue

guy222
WWH/Rulk FTW

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by vansonbee
You are right, Sentry didn't seem to be in control at all of his powers in WWH, and this is the dude who stalemate Galactus?

Not sure you have read Hercules #128, but the Sentry didn't display Superman reaction speed, taking few dirty hits from Hercules and bit of CIS. stick out tongue

I did read Hercules. Yup he had his ass handed to him, but Sentry has good days and bad days. More bad than good unfortunately. It's his mental stability. His power fluctuates greatly as a result.

On a good day, he can stalemate World War Hulk in a hand to hand while on a bad day can't stop a Hellicarrier.

I'm assuming this thread he is in one of his good days, where his uses powers effectively and has a clear had.

Nihilist
Team 2 ftw,Herc solos on cool factor alone.

guy222
Herc is a great read

Kris Blaze
Sentry would've beaten Hercules eventually, he wasn't trying properly and Herc made him pay.

guy222
Marvel doesn't use Sentry properly

Kris Blaze
Originally posted by guy222

That's true.

Ghost Rider vs Sentry.

Wonder what Bob would do when the penance stare hits him.

tkitna

On a good day, he can stalemate World War Hulk in a hand to hand while on a bad day can't stop a Hellicarrier.

The sad thing is that the Sentry wasnt even having a good day when he fought WWH. He was standing there letting the Hulk wail on him.

guy222
Remember the Riders(Brothers Blaze and Ketch) are on the way to heaven to confront Zadkiel in the final battle

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by tkitna
The sad thing is that the Sentry wasnt even having a good day when he fought WWH. He was standing there letting the Hulk wail on him.

I said that he wasn't using his powers effectively in my post didn't I?

He was going pure hand to hand and was just letting himself get hit.

xJLxKing
Team 1.

WWH>Sentry
Rulk<Hercules

But WWh should beat Hercules because after killing Sentry he should be mad enough.

The Nuul

QFT.

Nihilist
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Team 1.

WWH>Sentry
Rulk<Hercules

But WWh should beat Hercules because after killing Sentry he should be mad enough. I dont see how Hulk would kill Sentry, after all he couldnt put him down after Bob gave him numerous free shots.

guy222
Sig FTW

celestialdemon
Team 2 wins. Written properly, Sentry should have annihilated WWH. But of course, everyone was written to be an idiot in that arc.

psycho gundam
Marvel doesn't use Sentry properly i disagree. people constantly keep forgetting he has major social issues, add to the fact that he can kill without effort/realizing what he's doing, he's written properly.

and for christ's sake people, he's only been around for three years.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Team 2 wins. Written properly, Sentry should have annihilated WWH. But of course, everyone was written to be an idiot in that arc.

I disagree. Sentry won't annihilate World War Hulk. He could win, but he won't annihilate. It's debatable who would win, and if Hulk gets angry enough he can always reach levels such as World Breaker Hulk.

Raoul
Originally posted by psycho gundam
and for christ's sake people, he's only been around for three years.

really? you sure?

psycho gundam
in the literal sense.

Raoul
in the literal sense.

you mean in the marvel universe itself?

psycho gundam
in publication.

3-4 years whatever

Raoul
in publication.

3-4 years whatever

nope... stick out tongue

psycho gundam
whatever

Raoul
laughing out loud

captain vell
sentry takes wwh while rulk takes herc rarely.

celestialdemon
I disagree. Sentry won't annihilate World War Hulk. He could win, but he won't annihilate. It's debatable who would win, and if Hulk gets angry enough he can always reach levels such as World Breaker Hulk.

What's so special about being a world breaker?

Rage.Of.Olympus
What's so special about being a world breaker?

Nothing much, except his power level surges up dramatically and that World Breaker Hulk would rip Sentry apart.

celestialdemon
Would rip apart the Sentry that he fought. If Sentry were actually written properly (i.e. not letting Hulk hit him in the face repeatedly), he could still take Hulk.

psycho gundam
What's so special about being a world breaker? it looks like hulk was getting ready take out the earth with his fists, imo in one shot since he was urging the heroes to stop him or else.

celestialdemon
it looks like hulk was getting ready take out the earth with his fists, imo in one shot since he was urging the heroes to stop him or else.

Didn't Gladiator destroy a planet by punching it before?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Would rip apart the Sentry that he fought. If Sentry were actually written properly (i.e. not letting Hulk hit him in the face repeatedly), he could still take Hulk.

Sentry getting in up close would be suicide.

If written properly, Sentry will just stay in the sky, and try to harm the Hulk with his long range powers but that would be futile.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Didn't Gladiator destroy a planet by punching it before?

Gladiator fluctuates a lot. He can crush Stars, pulverize planets, has vision hotter than Stars in one comic, while in the next he has serious trouble with Colossus and can't put down Savage Hulk.

celestialdemon
Sentry getting in up close would be suicide.

If written properly, Sentry will just stay in the sky, and try to harm the Hulk with his long range powers but that would be futile.

Why would that be futile for Sentry if written properly? If written properly, Sentry would have beaten WWH. Don't know what Hulk at world breaker level would have faired.

celestialdemon
Gladiator fluctuates a lot. He can crush Stars, pulverize planets, has vision hotter than Stars in one comic, while in the next he has serious trouble with Colossus and can't put down Savage Hulk.

True, but that goes for most characters. My point is destroying a planet isn't as impressive as the WWH arc tried to make it seem.

xJLxKing
Seriously, the proof is in Dark Pheonix Saga. He defeated Colossus. He didn't do it with ease as he should have, but it took him a long time. I was like What the f**k?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Why would that be futile for Sentry if written properly? If written properly, Sentry would have beaten WWH. Don't know what Hulk at world breaker level would have faired.

Sentry just went hand to hand, and took the punches. He can't put World War Hulk down for any period of time, as Bruce can easily get angry and surpass previous levels etc.

Going all out in a fist fight he couldn't win. His long range powers won't be any more effective.

Stalemating World War Hulk to an extent, is probably Sentry's greatest feat.

Rage.Of.Olympus
True, but that goes for most characters. My point is destroying a planet isn't as impressive as the WWH arc tried to make it seem.

confused

Okay then....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Seriously, the proof is in Dark Pheonix Saga. He defeated Colossus. He didn't do it with ease as he should have, but it took him a long time. I was like What the f**k?

Yea, Gladiator fluctuates a lot.

psycho gundam
True, but that goes for most characters. My point is destroying a planet isn't as impressive as the WWH arc tried to make it seem. the emphasis was the earth's imminent demise due to stark and co.'s meddling, not hulk's ability to destroy a planet.

destroying earth is a huge deal in comics. destroying an asteroid the same size/mass is no big d. (<which a weaker hulk has done x2)

Enyalus
Originally posted by Raoul
Th'ulks..
Seconded.

Originally posted by Nihilist
Team 2 ftw,Herc solos on cool factor alone.
Your sig is ****ing awesome.

psycho gundam
raoul's is better. i wonder how he got it to look so vivid.

celestialdemon
Sentry just went hand to hand, and took the punches. He can't put World War Hulk down for any period of time, as Bruce can easily get angry and surpass previous levels etc.

Going all out in a fist fight he couldn't win. His long range powers won't be any more effective.

Stalemating World War Hulk to an extent, is probably Sentry's greatest feat.

It's your opinion that his long range powers won't be anymore effective against him. We don't know for sure, though.

Why wouldn't Sentry be able to Hulk down? It's been done before. It's not a simple matter of Hulk getting angrier. Hulk was as angry as he was because his wife was murdered. Simply fighting someone isn't going to make him angry enough to surpass the level he was at in that arc.

celestialdemon
the emphasis was the earth's imminent demise due to stark and co.'s meddling, not hulk's ability to destroy a planet.

destroying earth is a huge deal in comics. destroying an asteroid the same size/mass is no big d. (<which a weaker hulk has done x2)

The act of destroying earth is a huge deal because it's earth. Having the power to do it is not a big deal.

psycho gundam
if your going to use said power on earth it is.

celestialdemon
And why is that?

psycho gundam
because it's earth.

celestialdemon
Exactly, which has more to do with importance rather than power.

guy222
Bob's recent showings aren't good

Still like the Hulks winning this

Badabing
WWh beat Sentry, however so slightly. Hulks win.

Bouboumaster
The Hulks with more or less ease

Grinning Goku

clapping

QFT.

Warlord
I don't think he would annihilate but he should win.
The Sentry lacks coherent writing. Think about it. Throu the years he has shown appart from great speed strengh and durability, massive energy projection, telepathic abilities, light control(which he can use to become invisible-see the fight with the absorbing man) and even some kind of teleportation.
If the writers decide to treat him like he is not just a flying brick he should be able to beat WWH mre often than not

horrorwolf
Sentry is one of the few individuals who not only can match Hulk's strength, but can effectively counter Hulk's own ability to become stronger.

A well written Sentry could take Hulk down every time due to the fact that his calming aura directly screws with Hulk's gamma feed....which fuels his rage, strength hf...etc.

The fact is that Sentry has never wished to harm his friend Banner yet, and vice versa.

Astanax
Rulk/Hulk.
Hulk's already proven to be a significantly greater power than Sentry, and Hercules is easy meat for Rulk.

When? The last time they fought it was pretty much a stalemate. Sentry, to my knowledge, didn't even use his full arsenal of powers. Hercules took vicious blows from WWH without fighting back and was able to walk away (although his face looked pretty bad). Herc is a high class 100, one of the top 5 in strength IMO. If he were to take his fight with either of the two seriously, it would be a darn good fight. The fighting edge would go to Herc, but the sheer ferocity would go to either WWH or Rulk, unless Herc is in his enraged state like when he was poisoned. Sentry has some good feats. to boot.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by horrorwolf
Sentry is one of the few individuals who not only can match Hulk's strength, but can effectively counter Hulk's own ability to become stronger.

A well written Sentry could take Hulk down every time due to the fact that his calming aura directly screws with Hulk's gamma feed....which fuels his rage, strength hf...etc.

The fact is that Sentry has never wished to harm his friend Banner yet, and vice versa.

WWH wasn't mindless, I'm not sure if the golden aura would work.

And don't forget: They both revert powerless, but while Robert was discarded, Bruce revert into the Worldbreaker state. And Rulk would deffinitively beat Hercules.

quanchi112
Team 1 wins.

skyfather
Team 2

Survivor19
No, he wouldn't.
He will just overheat from rage and lose.

skyfather
Originally posted by Survivor19
No, he wouldn't.
He will just overheat from rage and lose. thumb up

quanchi112
Originally posted by Survivor19
No, he wouldn't.
He will just overheat from rage and lose. Rulk would beat Hercules. Look at how he handled Thor and Hulk.

guysangel
The Hulkies win

Survivor19
Look at how Herc handled Sentry.
He will humilate Rulk and make him explode. Because herc is BOTH mythical AND legendary.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.