Orion vs. Beta Ray Bill (Pure Brawl).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
Who takes it?

Harbinger
Pure brawl? As in no weapons? If so, Orion.

Really, I'd take Orion even if BRB had Stormbreaker.

id369
Originally posted by Harbinger
Pure brawl? As in no weapons? If so, Orion.

Really, I'd take Orion even if BRB had Stormbreaker.

Bill keeps his hammer.

cloud102
So, what does Orion get?

id369
Originally posted by cloud102
So, what does Orion get?

Orion gets a jump suit, and a mouth piece.

cloud102
Orion, then. wink

Rage.Of.Olympus
Beta Ray Bill wins. With Stormbreaker, it's unfair.

cloud102
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Beta Ray Bill wins. With Stormbreaker, it's unfair.

Any reasons?

Juk3n
Any reasons?

He's Uber!

Rage.Of.Olympus
Any reasons?

Beta Ray Bill without his hammer is a power house as it is. With it, he wins.

cloud102

How is he a more powerhouse than Orion?

Rage.Of.Olympus
How is he a more powerhouse than Orion?

Without his hammer, Beta Ray Bill was able to hang with Thor.

Orion taking down the original Beta Ray Bill, would be a very good fight. Orion will have to work for it, and he will be hard pressed to win.

With Stormbreaker, Beta Ray Bill, better known as Beta Ray Thor is even more powerful from what I understand and give him the striking power of Stormbreaker, and Orion goes down.

cloud102

Orion taking down the original Beta Ray Bill, would be a very good fight. Orion will have to work for it, and he will be hard pressed to win.

With Stormbreaker, Beta Ray Bill, better known as Beta Ray Thor is even more powerful from what I understand and give him the striking power of Stormbreaker, and Orion goes down.

Without Orion's gear, he was able to stand up to Superman (Amped), Darkseid, and knocked down Kalibak with one move in the later appearances.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Darkseid jobs a lot so it doesn't matter.

Superman amped?

To what degree?

The original Beta Ray Bill could hang with Thor to an extent, meaning he can obviously hang with the likes of Superman, Orion etc.

Throw in the fact that Beta Ray Thor has Stormbreaker and is more powerful, and he wins this fight evidently.

cloud102
Darkseid jobs a lot so it doesn't matter.

Superman amped?

To what degree?

The original Beta Ray Bill could hang with Thor to an extent, meaning he can obviously hang with the likes of Superman, Orion etc.

Throw in the fact that Beta Ray Thor has Stormbreaker and is more powerful, and he wins this fight evidently.

In the Dominus arc, I believe Superman was amped to a degree. The only one who could have gone toe to toe with him was Orion, so they sent him. Barda played a distraction as well, but that wasn't the only time Orion has faced Superman.

Orion fared pretty well, when Superman was brainwashed. Orion even smacked Superman around and feared to use his Astro Force. With it, he took down Superman in Superman Confidential.

Orion is clearly a better fighter than Bill and has even demonstrated it against Valkyrie, Darkseid (who had respect at the time), and has even fought in the fire pits, which is a lot hotter than the sun itself. Orion has incredible durability.

Nihilist
Sheephead ftw

Kris Blaze

What are you, drunk?

BRB can hang with Thor sans his hammer. With their hammers they're roughly equals, only Thor's feats trump his.

cloud102
BTW, for what it's worth, Simonson has gone on record as saying Orion can take apart Thor. I know various other writers as saying Orion > Superman in strength as well.

Rage.Of.Olympus
In the Dominus arc, I believe Superman was amped to a degree. The only one who could have gone toe to toe with him was Orion, so they sent him. Barda played a distraction as well, but that wasn't the only time Orion has faced Superman.

Orion fared pretty well, when Superman was brainwashed. Orion even smacked Superman around and feared to use his Astro Force. With it, he took down Superman in Superman Confidential.

Orion is clearly a better fighter than Bill and has even demonstrated it against Valkyrie, Darkseid (who had respect at the time), and has even fought in the fire pits, which is a lot hotter than the sun itself. Orion has incredible durability.

What does this all prove?

Superman recently stalemated Orion even with his gear.

Those two are near equals.

Beta Ray Thor can hang with the likes of Thor, and other power houses. He was born in scorching heat. It's where he thrives.

Either way, Beta Ray Thor with Stormbreaker, would defeat Superman in a hand to hand fight. Orion is no different.

Rage.Of.Olympus
BTW, for what it's worth, Simonson has gone on record as saying Orion can take apart Thor. I know various other writers as saying Orion > Superman in strength as well.

According to Walter, lava etc. is fatal to Thor, so really I don't care what he thinks of Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
What are you, drunk?

BRB can hang with Thor sans his hammer. With their hammers they're roughly equals, only Thor's feats trump his.

Are you drunk?

I said Beta Ray Thor can hang with Thor....

Classic Thor > Beta Ray Thor

In my opinion.

cloud102
What does this all prove?

Superman recently stalemated Orion even with his gear.

Those two are near equals.

Beta Ray Thor can hang with the likes of Thor, and other power houses. He was born in scorching heat. It's where he thrives.

Either way, Beta Ray Thor with Stormbreaker, would defeat Superman in a hand to hand fight. Orion is no different.

I agree, usually when someone has a WEAPON, they win. If he gets Stormbreaker, then Bill wins, but if it's Hth combat, Orion dominates. If he gets Stormbreaker and Orion gets full gear, Orion wins, IMO.

Bill doesn't have anything on Orion.

Lord Feron
Good fight... no idea who would win.. i wanna give it to Orion but really don't know.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I agree, usually when someone has a WEAPON, they win. If he gets Stormbreaker, then Bill wins, but if it's Hth combat, Orion dominates. If he gets Stormbreaker and Orion gets full gear, Orion wins, IMO.

Bill doesn't have anything on Orion.

With Stormbreaker Beta Ray Thor obviously wins.

Without it, even the original Beta Ray Bill would give Orion a good fight. Orion would be far from dominating.

Beta Ray Thor is even more powerful. Even without his hammer, he can still win in a fight with Orion.

cloud102
With Stormbreaker Beta Ray Thor obviously wins.

Without it, even the original Beta Ray Bill would give Orion a good fight. Orion would be far from dominating.

Beta Ray Thor is even more powerful. Even without his hammer, he can still win in a fight with Orion.

He can win a couple, but Orion takes the solid majority.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He can win a couple, but Orion takes the solid majority.

You said he would dominate which is far from the truth.

Orion was stalemated by Superman with his gear. He isn't beating Beta Ray Thor with Stormbreaker in a fist fight, and if it was a pure hand to hand fight he far from dominates.

He would far from dominate the original Beta Ray Bill. I personally give the majority to Beta Ray Thor but that's debatable.

cloud102
You said he would dominate which is far from the truth.

Orion was stalemated by Superman with his gear. He isn't beating Beta Ray Thor with Stormbreaker in a fist fight, and if it was a pure hand to hand fight he far from dominates.

He would far from dominate the original Beta Ray Bill. I personally give the majority to Beta Ray Thor but that's debatable.

He would, IMO. a 6 or 7 wins is dominating, IMO. Orion slugged it out with Superman and that's the strongest you're going to get. Not to mention, Orion is a better hth fighter. He IS the Dog of War.

Rage.Of.Olympus
My point is, even fully geared he couldn't beat Superman in hand to hand combat.

He isn't beating Beta Ray Thor with Stormbreaker. Beta Ray Bill obviously wins this fight.

Without Stormbreaker this is still a close fight, and Beta Ray Thor does not get dominated. Far from it. I can see him taking the majority.

Beta Ray Bill the original, has sluged it out with Thor, and that's more impressive than stalemating Superman fully geared.

cloud102
How do you know? Most of the time the fights were broken up. Not inclusive.

I already agreed this, but if he gets Stormbreaker, Orion should get a weapon, too.

Orion will work for it, but Orion takes the majority. Beta isn't anything new.

Thor isn't in Orion's league in terms of physical combat. Remember, Orion has slugged it out more than just Superman and has more experience than Beta.

zeel

BB physically is not on par with orion. its like compareing thor to superman. he can hold his own for a short time but it wont last long. Thus the reason he needs his wepon. Thor and BB, part of their abilities are divided amongst their magic, their physical abilities and their wepons. wher as orion is just a brick shit house period.

zeel

Thor in hand to hand combat has problems with herc, and herc would get wasted by orion even in hand to hand combat. Herc is more skilled as a grappler but orion is on par with superman in brute strength. compareing BB to thor as far as strength goes to show hes not up to par with orion in a H2H battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
How do you know? Most of the time the fights were broken up. Not inclusive.

They seemed plenty even.

I already agreed this, but if he gets Stormbreaker, Orion should get a weapon, too.

Well, he doesn't. Talk to the thread starter.

Orion will work for it, but Orion takes the majority. Beta isn't anything new.

That's you're opinion. Orion isn't anything Beta Ray Thor can't handle in my opinion.

Thor isn't in Orion's league in terms of physical combat. Remember, Orion has slugged it out more than just Superman and has more experience than Beta.

Thor isn't in Orion's league in terms of physical combat?

laughing

Are you joking me?

Thor is easily on the level of Superman, Orion etc. in terms of physical combat.

Throw in the fact, that Thor remembers every single past life time, and he has countless years of combat experience (Hundreds of thousands of years of experience throw on his own vast experience) and to say they aren't in the same league when the likes of Superman has stalemated Orion fully geared, and that's just silly.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by zeel
BB physically is not on par with orion. its like compareing thor to superman. he can hold his own for a short time but it wont last long. Thus the reason he needs his wepon. Thor and BB, part of their abilities are divided amongst their magic, their physical abilities and their wepons. wher as orion is just a brick shit house period.

Thor can last with Superman for as long as he needs to.

He won't last for a short period of time. That's just ridiculous.

This is the same guy, who has literally stalemated Savage Hulk for entire hours on end in terms of strength. An enraged Savage Hulk, whose strength shoots up dramatically with each passing moment.

This is the same Thor, who has out wrestled the Midgard Serpent from Earth, lifted the Midgard Serpent, one shotted beings like Namor etc.

Thor would only last against Superman for a short period of time in a fist fight?

LOL!

He might not have as many pure physical strength feats as Superman but what he does have, show that he will evidently hold his own against Superman for as long time.

Beta Ray Thor can match Orion physically. That much is evident. He is a near equal to Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Thor in hand to hand combat has problems with herc, and herc would get wasted by orion even in hand to hand combat. Herc is more skilled as a grappler but orion is on par with superman in brute strength. compareing BB to thor as far as strength goes to show hes not up to par with orion in a H2H battle.

Don't use Hercules as an example.

Thor outside of their little squabbles has feats beyond Hercules in practically all categories. Either Thor jobs to Hercules, or Hercules jobs to everyone else. The guy needs a bit more respect from Marvel.

Based on some of his higher end feats, Orion far from wastes Hercules. That's just silly.

Orion is on par with Superman with brute strength?

So?

That doesn't prove his taking out Beta Ray Thor in a fight. Some would say Beta Ray Thor is on par with Thor. I wouldn't though.

Beta Ray Thor can obviously hang with Orion in hand to hand, and who wins is debatable. Throw in Stormbreaker, and Beta Ray Thor is obviously the clear winner.

zeel
Thor can last with Superman for as long as he needs to.

He won't last for a short period of time. That's just ridiculous.

This is the same guy, who has literally stalemated Savage Hulk for entire hours on end in terms of strength. An enraged Savage Hulk, whose strength shoots up dramatically with each passing moment.

This is the same Thor, who has out wrestled the Midgard Serpent from Earth, lifted the Midgard Serpent, one shotted beings like Namor etc.

Thor would only last against Superman for a short period of time in a fist fight?

LOL!

He might not have as many pure physical strength feats as Superman but what he does have, show that he will evidently hold his own against Superman for as long time.

Beta Ray Thor can match Orion physically. That much is evident. He is a near equal to Thor.

Yes thor would last as long as he wanted to against supes, PROVIDED he had his hammer and he fought smart. Its nothing short of rediculous to think thor is physically on par with superman. If this is your opinion, then your alone on it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Yes thor would last as long as he wanted to against supes, PROVIDED he had his hammer and he fought smart. Its nothing short of rediculous to think thor is physically on par with superman. If this is your opinion, then your alone on it.

confused

Without Mjolnir Thor can obviously hang with Superman in a hand to hand fight. Thor isn't going down in a short period time against Superman in hand to hand fight.

Thor will last in hand to hand fight for a period of time and who wins is debatable. Thor isn't going down against Superman any time soon.

Physically Thor can match either Superman or Orion. Throw in Mjolnir and Thor beats either in a hand to hand fight.

I highly doubt, only I alone think, Superman doesn't take down Thor in a short period of time and that the two would go out it for a while. Who wins is debatable.

Thor's hand to hand skill, and experience gives him the edge if it's pure strength alone and he plays it smart.

cloud102
Sure, but you said Orion couldn't defeat Superman. They never finished their fights, so you can't make that statement. Besides, earlier showings have Orion in a sleight edge.

Kris Blaze
Are you drunk?

I said Beta Ray Thor can hang with Thor....

Classic Thor > Beta Ray Thor

In my opinion.

okay, you win this one....

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Kris Blaze
okay, you win this one....

Damn straight!

uhuh

Lol!

stick out tongue

Rage.Of.Olympus
Sure, but you said Orion couldn't defeat Superman. They never finished their fights, so you can't make that statement. Besides, earlier showings have Orion in a sleight edge.

They were fighting for a few pages and they seemed pretty even.

I didn't judge the outcome of the fight. I said he couldn't defeat him in that time, which is true.

cloud102
They were fighting for a few pages and they seemed pretty even.

I didn't judge the outcome of the fight. I said he couldn't defeat him in that time, which is true.

First time, Orion looked the superior, even backhanding him with no problem. Superman Confidential, Orion actually knocked him out with a simple blast. Dominus arc had Orion going toe to toe with a amped Superman and taking the punches that were coming, even though Superman had more hits.

Rage.Of.Olympus
First time, Orion looked the superior, even backhanding him with no problem. Superman Confidential, Orion actually knocked him out with a simple blast. Dominus arc had Orion going toe to toe with a amped Superman and taking the punches that were coming, even though Superman had more hits.

Seeing as how I've read all this, it doesn't really matter. All I said, that a fully geared Orion and Superman were seen as equals not to long ago and they stalemated.

Maybe I should have added in "Current".

In the first fight they seemed pretty well matched. I don't recall them stating to what degree Superman wasn't amped though.

cloud102
First fight didn't have Superman amped.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I know that. I was referring to the fight where it seemed as if Superman wasn't amped.

cloud102
But he was and they were locked in a good battle.

Rage.Of.Olympus
To what extent though?

Superman can fight an amped Orion.

cloud102
To the extent that nobody could take him on one on one, so they sent in Orion specifically. Haven't read it in a while. I'll try and fins some scans. It was short, but Orion looked a lot better than Thor.

Rage.Of.Olympus
What do you mean Thor?

What does Thor have anything to do with the battle we are talking about?

What do you mean he looked better than Thor?

I've read the fight. It's been a while, but what did Superman to do what he couldn't regularly do when he was amped back then?

If you have scans, please post them, or I'll have to find the issue and post some scans, and I'm really lazy at the moment.

cloud102
I'll see if Astro has the scans. He said that he's updating the Orion respect thread. Thor=Beta, IMO.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Classic Thor > Beta Ray Thor > Beta Ray Bill

That's what the comics say.

Spire
Orion.

Enyalus
Split, 5/10.

BRB's planet destroying blows would definitely do damage, but Orion has much better MA and hand speed.

Plus, BRB's durability << Classic Thor's.

kgkg
Originally posted by Enyalus
much better MA and hand speed. GG get off Enyalus's account!

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
GG get off Enyalus's account!
laughing out loud u caught me. i cant help it he left his account logged in when he was over last night doing my mom and making me watch.

cloud102
Split, 5/10.

BRB's planet destroying blows would definitely do damage, but Orion has much better MA and hand speed.

Plus, BRB's durability << Classic Thor's.

I practically shitted my pants reading that.

Enyalus
I practically shitted my pants reading that.
I'd throw up the middle finger emoticon TP's always using, if I was thinking straight enough to remember the code for it. stick out tongue

Mindset
whatfingerdoestpusetofingerhimself

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
whatfingerdoestpusetofingerhimself
What is 'a full fist' for 600, Alex.

kgkg
laughing out loud u caught me. i cant help it he left his account logged in when he was over last night doing my mom and making me watch. Enyalus likes it saggy and mature heh laughing out loud

Enyalus
Originally posted by kgkg
Enyalus likes it
Fixed.

No need for qualification when it comes to sex and I.

Mindset
bestial necrophilia?

Enyalus
Originally posted by Mindset
bestial necrophilia?
Hell to the yes.

Mindset
laughing out loud

you and me both brudda

zeel
Don't use Hercules as an example.

Thor outside of their little squabbles has feats beyond Hercules in practically all categories. Either Thor jobs to Hercules, or Hercules jobs to everyone else. The guy needs a bit more respect from Marvel.

Based on some of his higher end feats, Orion far from wastes Hercules. That's just silly.

Orion is on par with Superman with brute strength?

So?

That doesn't prove his taking out Beta Ray Thor in a fight. Some would say Beta Ray Thor is on par with Thor. I wouldn't though.

Beta Ray Thor can obviously hang with Orion in hand to hand, and who wins is debatable. Throw in Stormbreaker, and Beta Ray Thor is obviously the clear winner.

To bad, and i WILL use herc as a example, thor outright admitted that herc was better in hand to hand then he was, thor actually had to use lighting to get herc off him.

Rage.Of.Olympus
To bad, and i WILL use herc as a example, thor outright admitted that herc was better in hand to hand then he was, thor actually had to use lighting to get herc off him.

facepalm

There feats outside their little squabbles put them at completely different levels. What has been enough to beat Hercules into the ground isn't enough to give Thor a bloody lip.

A great comparison is how Hercules even with the help of the Avengers, etc. did against the Hulk, and how well Thor does against the Hulk, whether it's mindless Hulk, or Savage Hulk.

Hence why using A, B, C logic is just plain stupid in this situation. It's completely illogical.

Thor is a better hand to hand fighter than Hercules as well as more experienced. After his death, he acquired the experiences, and memories of all his past lives.

Golgo13
Orion 6/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.