SIlver Surfer vs Zoom

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Surfer's Rules
...in a race! 5 lightyears in distance. Who wins?

Galan007
Zoom.

As fast as Surfer is, to my knowledge he can't move ahead of the normal timestream at will.

So Zoom should always have the advantage in a race, imo.

Surfer's Rules
He can with speed. He's gone far into the furture with his speed. That would easily put him faster than Zoom. Zoom hasn't really used spacetime anomolies to the extent that Surfer has IMO. He just kind of has a wierd mojo where he's on two different planes of spacetime simultaneously (I don't get it either). But Surfer has flown into the very distant future and across the universe with them. So Surfer spacetime warping is better than Zoom's IMO.

guy222
bumprav

darthyoda23
ZOOM 90% of the time

h1a8
Originally posted by Surfer's Rules
He can with speed. He's gone far into the furture with his speed. That would easily put him faster than Zoom. Zoom hasn't really used spacetime anomolies to the extent that Surfer has IMO. He just kind of has a wierd mojo where he's on two different planes of spacetime simultaneously (I don't get it either). But Surfer has flown into the very distant future and across the universe with them. So Surfer spacetime warping is better than Zoom's IMO.

According to the theory of relativity going into the future requires less than light speed motion and not greater than. So ignoring Relativity one must show how fast it takes to actually travel into the future in comics (that's if it takes speed alone and not manipulation of time/space).

And traveling into the future makes you lose anyway. You must travel to the past (or even stop time) to gain advantage.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
Zoom.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by Soljer

Damn I thought you had left the forum. sad

Philosophía
Zoom.

He can tehnically go as fast as he wants ..

Sesaw
Zoom fights the Surfer who wins.

xJLxKing
It's been done before. Zoom wins!

skyfather
Originally posted by xJLxKing
It's been done before. surfer wins!
thumb up

Harbinger
Zoom 6-7/10.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by skyfather
thumb down

skyfather
Read some comics it will do you good.

xJLxKing
I do!!

vansonbee
I wonder how many ways can Zoom kill Silver Surfer? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lord Feron
Hehehe... zoom realizes he aint really that special.... SS 10/10 and easily

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

Kris Blaze

Judging by your signature, you must read real quality comics.

WWH in your top 3? laughing

Sesaw
So does Surfer Win or does Zoom take him out?

kgkg
Surfer

guy222
SS

Philosophía
Zoom.

Slaanesh
SS 10/10

Raoul
merged.

also, Surfer...

Philosophía
Originally posted by Raoul
merged.

This is a race, the other one was a fight. stick out tongue

Raoul

AsbestosFlaygon
In a race, Zoom wins.

Every. Single. Time.

Prep-Man
Zoom.

xJLxKing
Race or a fight, zoom wins everytime

Warlord
I'm thinking Zoom too

Enyalus
Surfer, by feats, is definitely faster in straightline, race-like speed than either Zoom.

He wins.

Carver9_is_gay

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Enyalus
Surfer, by feats, is definitely faster in straightline, race-like speed than either Zoom.

He wins.
By feats? No way. Zoom was going fast enough where time had no meaning.

D_Dude1210

And how fast do you need to be exactly for time to have no meaning??

xJLxKing
Originally posted by D_Dude1210
And how fast do you need to be exactly for time to have no meaning?? Fast.

He was soo fast that he was locked in the tick of a second. Flash had to take the speed of several speed force users to catch up to him and try and keep up with him

Ambient
Surfer can do that too.. Actually he can do that and watch time unfold but then again that be like a self bfr or then again not because he can go back in normal time line..

D_Dude1210
Fast.

He was soo fast that he was locked in the tick of a second. Flash had to take the speed of several speed force users to catch up to him and try and keep up with him

And how FAR exactly did he go in that one second?

Colossus-Big C
zoom wins, the only way silver surfer is faster is when he goes warp speed in space, and thats in a straight line or so, he cant to those zig zag turns like flash and zom does

D_Dude1210
Originally posted by Colossus-Big C
zoom wins, the only way silver surfer is faster is when he goes warp speed in space

And WHY exactly won't he go warp speed?

Colossus-Big C
And WHY exactly won't he go warp speed? how can you go warspeed in earths atmoshere?
and even if he can he cant turn on a dime like zoom and flash can

D_Dude1210
how can you go warspeed in earths atmoshere?
and even if he can he cant turn on a dime like zoom and flash can

Because he can?

Surfer can teleport/wormhole? :-/ no need to turn at all. It's a straight line race...

xJLxKing
And how FAR exactly did he go in that one second?
It matters not. They were locked in the time because of how fast they were going.

Black bolt z
I know surfer can go many times the speed of light but if Zoom has owned flash in speed he wins in a race.
Although in the fight surfer 10/10

Ambient
zoom wins, the only way silver surfer is faster is when he goes warp speed in space, and thats in a straight line or so, he cant to those zig zag turns like flash and zom does
His fought brb/Nova @ light speed in the manner you speak off, circled around Deathurged @ > light speed, there's also that IF feat @ straight line ++ all this in actual combat...

Straight line - yes
zigzag - yes
turns like _F & Z_ - yes

Conclusion: Surfer can fight @ or > than light speed..... lols

Prep-Man
Surfer wouldn't even begin to compete with Zoom in speed.

Ambient
Course not Zoom aint got nothing against Surfer when it comes to speed... shifty

its just his time base powers that makes him look fast..

Prep-Man
You know what I mean! big grin

Enyalus
Originally posted by Prep-Man
Surfer wouldn't even begin to compete with Zoom in speed.
Not sure what leads you to that conclusion when both can time travel under their own power and Surfer has continuously shown he is thousands, if not millions of times faster than light speed. Moreover, the race is five lightyears long. You think Zoom's got the stamina to compete over that length? Surfer would take a few minutes to cover that distance, maximum.

D_Dude1210
It matters not. They were locked in the time because of how fast they were going.

This is an unquantifiable feat. Thus cannot be used for this kind of debate. It's kinda like saying Thor and Hercules' punches shook reality (w/c cannot be used for a punching feat). This kind of argumentation CANNOT be used in debates where there is a clear and measurable condition that needs to be met.

Originally posted by Enyalus
Not sure what leads you to that conclusion when both can time travel under their own power and Surfer has continuously shown he is thousands, if not millions of times faster than light speed. Moreover, the race is five lightyears long. You think Zoom's got the stamina to compete over that length? Surfer would take a few minutes to cover that distance, maximum.

5 seconds tops actually. :P SS travels light years in seconds.

Naija boy

5 seconds tops actually. :P SS travels light years in seconds.

Given some of SS speed feats, he could probably pull that off under a sec quite frankly

Mindset
Originally posted by Black bolt z
I know surfer can go many times the speed of light but if Zoom has owned flash in speed he wins in a race.
Although in the fight surfer 10/10 SS isn't Flash.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Mindset
SS isn't Flash.

Well obviously, but that doesn't address who actually win this race. No matter how fast Surfer can go, Zoom can go faster because of his Time manipulation abilities.

Mindset
Originally posted by Lunacyde
Well obviously, but that doesn't address who actually win this race. No matter how fast Surfer can go, Zoom can go faster because of his Time manipulation abilities. But it does address the fact that what Flash can do =/= what SS can, which if you didn't notice, was the point of my post.

SS has time manipulation powers.

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Mindset
But it does address the fact that what Flash can do =/= what SS can, which if you didn't notice, was the point of my post.

SS has time manipulation powers.

I know, I dig what you are saying, I wasn't sure if that was your entire argument or you were simply addressing one specific part of someone else's argument. Now that it's cleared up I totally agree.

Also I know SS has time manip., but I have never seen it used as effectively as Zoom. Zoom can slow time down to the point it's barely moving if moving at all, effectively moving so fast someone who moves hundreds of times the speed of life could barely see him/react to him.

Wild Shadow
welcome lunacyde.. you still posting at comicvine?

anyways SS when he fought the agent of oblivion circled his opponent at above light speed and was dodging skurges attacks. i think that is his name.

also zoom can slow down time to a near crawl SS will soon be able to see and interact with him once he adjust to the time frame since his mind is able to calculate and analyze information at a space of a nanosecond and i am sure he also has the hyperbole narration of the space in between a second or some such..

Lunacyde
Originally posted by Wild Shadow
welcome lunacyde.. you still posting at comicvine?

anyways SS when he fought the agent of oblivion circled his opponent at above light speed and was dodging skurges attacks. i think that is his name.

also zoom can slow down time to a near crawl SS will soon be able to see and interact with him once he adjust to the time frame since his mind is able to calculate and analyze information at a space of a nanosecond and i am sure he also has the hyperbole narration of the space in between a second or some such..

Yes, there's plenty of idiots running around as always, however i have a number of very good friends there and I enjoy the core of the site. Did I know you? lol I actually decided to make an account after seeing the little CV bashing thread someone made.

Anyways, I am not really sure how their powers would interact(being that I am woefully short on Surfer knowledge), so I don't really want to make too many broad sweeping claims.

In my opinion Zoom will start out in the lead, at this point a nanosecond has probably transpired, from this point I really don't know if Surfer can react or not.

Wild Shadow
you mean this type of member bashing its the only time we say or do anything b/c we ourselves would get banned from here as well if we started talking smack about other sites like this guy does on a regular in threads. any ways this dude has various post under different accounts.

but, anyways moving on. i really dont have much to say about this thread and zoom or SS.

janus77
Surfer wins, easily.

Mindship
how can you go warpspeed in earths atmoshere?It would be well within Surfer's ability to create a "needlenose" forcefield ahead of him which clears the atmosphere from his path. Though for warp speed this is pushing it, IMO.

...and even if he can he cant turn on a dime like zoom and flash can Actually, he can. In fact it's traditional to depict Surfer's "contrail" as having multiple right/acute angle turns in it. Controlling inertia is not a problem for him.

D_Dude1210
I also don't see any kind of atmosphere as part of the race stips.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.